Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Health Minister, Experts Decry Rising Cases Of Tuberculosis In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Minister, Experts Decry Rising Cases Of Tuberculosis In Nigeria (3904 Views)

LASG Raises Alarm Over Rising Cases Of Run-Away COVID-19 Positive Patients / Experts Raise Alarm Over Rising Cases Of Cooking Gas Explosions / Chinese Condoms Too Small For Zimbabwean Men – Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Minister, Experts Decry Rising Cases Of Tuberculosis In Nigeria by richmanrichard: 10:41am On Mar 26, 2019
ifyalways:

TB treatment is free.

Theres nothing to research there.
..its free in government hospitals but when the medication is followed wrongly, tb becomes resistance to treatment. And the sad story about it is that the ppl treating Tb in our government hospitals dont know anything about t.b treatment. They just give u drugs. And if u dont do your research well, u wud take tb drugs as lng as u like and the infection wud still remain. I'm a personal witness.
Re: Health Minister, Experts Decry Rising Cases Of Tuberculosis In Nigeria by richmanrichard: 10:46am On Mar 26, 2019
peacettw:

When one talks of cost in research, it extends beyond the actual cost of the drugs or product in question...
Let us please think first before writing
..its not entirely free. You have to pay for tests&scans on private labs to dictate tb first b4 treatment& pay some lab test too in goverment hospital where u you wud treat d tb. And ofcoz, you wud be placed on a special diet for 6-8months. That is money.
Re: Health Minister, Experts Decry Rising Cases Of Tuberculosis In Nigeria by ensamy(m): 10:48am On Mar 26, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

When you can show me where to buy 10mg blood of Jesus, you may comment. Otherwise, keep your religious fanaticism out of scientific discussions Oga

Blood of Jesus is not for sale but is given freely without measure, only Ask and it shall be given.
Jesus taught us that when an unclean spirit leaves a person and goes about wondering and finds no rest , it will say let me go back to my house and on coming back it comes with 7 more demons stronger than him and that person's state will be worst than before". Here Jesus was talking about drug resistance whether MDR-TB , Methicillin resistance staphylococcus or even if it's other drug resistance parasites (Plasmodium spp ).
The blood has nothing that can resist it. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Health Minister, Experts Decry Rising Cases Of Tuberculosis In Nigeria by richmanrichard: 11:20am On Mar 26, 2019
Tb treatment is not entirely free. As a matter of fact it just dont show up like that. It mostly comes with other diseases. You might have malaria&in d course of treating it you might discover t.b. The drugs for t.b is free&most private hospitals dont even have t.b drugs. So you wud be referred to gov hospitals when you are diagnized with it. You have to pay t.b tests in the hospital where you were been treated for another diseae b4 t.b pooped up. Then, you wud also go to another private lab for chest scan to confirm if it is t.b. After that, if t.b is confirmed; u wud need to go for another tb test at a gov teaching hospital for final test(this 1 is d only free test). If t.b is finally found to be present; u are then referred to the closest gov hospital near u via a letter&the tests result. Then when u gets to the hospital where you wyd be treated, you wud still be tested b4 you can start getting free dugs. Believe me, you have to pay for each test except that of a teaching hospital and when getting tested, you are tested for both hiv. When you add-up the tests cost,transport and ofcoz the special diet that you wud be on; you wud know that its far frm been free. You wud spend money on fruits! The painful path is not even the money. If you fail the treatment procedures; the t.b can resist treatment& start all afresh. And its so easy to fail the treatment procedures because most of the midwives whom are administring the t.b drugs dont know anything about t.b treatment. You ve to become a doctor over9t to know what to do&what not to. In t.b treatment; you have to take each drugs to a certain number of days/months b4 switching to another one. So have to tick the days on your own n follow up. Finally, i can't also 4get to add that not all t.b are treated at our gov hospitals. If the t.b levels has degenerated(the level where the patient starts coughing out blood), the hospitals rejects u. U then ve to go through herbal treatment where you would spend a fortune& in some cases, some still dies.
Re: Health Minister, Experts Decry Rising Cases Of Tuberculosis In Nigeria by Chukalemon(m): 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2019
Can you eradicate mosquito in ABA . you know aba is a dirty zone
Re: Health Minister, Experts Decry Rising Cases Of Tuberculosis In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 26, 2019
richmanrichard:
..feel free to contact me for my views. I was diagnosed with Tb in 2017. Just finished treating it in 2018 n still recovering. donrichardchinedu at gmail dot com is my email.

I will definitely get in touch

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have Cure For Aids, Prophet Claims / How Do I Kill Off E-coli In My Bladder Plesse Help / Pregnancy Test Kits Available For Sale - Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.