Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Building Versus Renting - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Versus Renting (700 Views)

Blueprints For Renting Properties In Lagos Without Tears Or Being Scammed!!! / Aluminium Roofing Versus Nigerite Roofing Sheet / Build A Flat In Abj Or Port Harcourt For Renting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Building Versus Renting by oluchikeh(f): 7:31am On Sep 07, 2010
hi NL
i need your urgent and informed advise to make this decision
my uncle advised that building a small place within two years is better than renting a comfortable place for a long time
my husband and i decided that we'll get a decent one bedroon self contained since its just the two of us for now and concentrate on building at least a 3 bedroom bungalow probably in Akute or Agbara.
we currently work on the Island and oregun respectively

right now i am trying to find out how feasible it will be to build a bungalow within 18months in lagos on a disposable income of about N80k monthly after monthly expenses.
how much does it cost from foundation (which will be for a duplex) and to complete a bungalow for now (as we intend to raise it up later when we have more funds)

a decent self-contained is currently going for N200k to N250k while a 3bedroom flat goes for N320k to N500k in surulere and Gbagada environs

if we take a self con at 200k we'll have an extra N300k to make up and buy a land in agbara otherwise we can use the whole funds to rent a space for 2yrs.
what is your candid advice. please with details as per the cost of building
Thank you
Re: Building Versus Renting by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2011
First get a land and build self come in it, in front call it aboki house or gate man house, then u should forget about luxury 4 now, but first of all u need to fence the land b4 the aboki self come thing, and only fencing would cost you not less than 500,000 naira.

(1) (Reply)

Land For Sale In Badagry / Properties @ Ibadan / Ajao Estate: Plot Of Land For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.