Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

I Left N26.6bn For Okorocha, How Much Will Okorocha Leave For Ihedioha? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Left N26.6bn For Okorocha, How Much Will Okorocha Leave For Ihedioha? (882 Views)

Ihedioha: Women In Black Protest, Cry For God's Intervention For Ihedioha (Photo / Nollywood Actors In Imo For Ihedioha's Inauguration (Photos) / Massive Turnout For Okorocha's Senatorial Flag Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Left N26.6bn For Okorocha, How Much Will Okorocha Leave For Ihedioha? by NORSIYK(m): 12:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
I left N26.6bn for Okorocha, how much will Okorocha leave for Ihedioha? Ohakim reacts to claims that Imo didn’t have N17billion

The Imo State government’s statement claiming Imo State’s poor financial status came following accusations by PDP that the Okorocha government had withdrawn N17billion from the state government accounts.

The former governor in a post on his Facebook account revealed that he handed over the sum of N26.6billion to the outgoing Governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha and wondered by Imo State despite receiving Paris Club refunds and Bailout funds could not boast of N17billion after eight years.

Dr Ikedi Ohakim was governor of Imo State from 2007 till 2011 and during his regime, it was on record that he didn’t owe workers salaries and paid them promptly. Pensions and gratuities were also paid during his regime. It is also worthy to note that his administration didn’t receive any bailout neither did he receive the Paris Club refunds which the Okorocha administration enjoyed yet was able to meet all obligations.

Under the Okorocha administration, penisoners have yet to receive months of pension totally N52billion and not a single gratuity had been paid since Okorocha took over the mantle of leadership in Imo State. The Okorocha government also slashed salaries of civil servants by over 30% and have severally owed Imo civil servants. Presently, Imo civil servants are yet to receive their February salaries.

Dr Ikedi Ohakim who had blown the whistle on Imo’s debt profile months ago when he raised alarm over the N350billion debt profile Imo State currently finds herself in pointed out that his administration without putting Imo State into indebtedness handed over N26.6billion to Okorocha.

Apart from the cash, Dr Ikedi Ohakim also pointed out that he left 27 bulldozers, 27 Caterpillars, 27 payloaders and Earth moving machines as well as other road construction equipment valued at over N10billion which was launched by the then former Vice-president Goodluck Jonathan and which he also handed over to the Okorocha administration but which the present administration cannot give account of till date.

The former governor’s comment came as many have been wondering what the Okorocha administration will leave behind for the incoming governor Rt Hon Emeka Ihedioha apart from the looking indebtedness Okorocha has thrown Imo into.

Dr Ikedi Ohakim’s post reads as follows:

Very unfortunate! After four years, without accruing any debts, without receiving bailouts or Paris refund I left behind N26.6billion in Imo accounts. Shocking to hear we can’t even boast of N17billion after eight years having received bailouts and Paris refunds and a debt profile of over N350billion. The incoming government really has a lot of private pockets to audit

http://theflashmedia.online/2019/03/21/i-left-n26-6bn-for-okorocha-how-much-will-okorocha-leave-for-ihedioha-ohakim-reacts-to-claims-that-imo-didnt-have-n17billion/?fbclid=IwAR2GIrjzK8YFcoPL_ZZHQwW-ejqNP8QlyVBs-9RuQDRuuW_yaP_ejZncUFY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Left N26.6bn For Okorocha, How Much Will Okorocha Leave For Ihedioha? by evy1(m): 12:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
Rochas really made a mess of imo state.

2 Likes

Re: I Left N26.6bn For Okorocha, How Much Will Okorocha Leave For Ihedioha? by jlinkd78(m): 12:18pm On Mar 26, 2019
Dee Roche how market
Re: I Left N26.6bn For Okorocha, How Much Will Okorocha Leave For Ihedioha? by 9jahotblog: 12:33pm On Mar 26, 2019
Okorochas don used the money to built estate. he will rot in jail.
Re: I Left N26.6bn For Okorocha, How Much Will Okorocha Leave For Ihedioha? by countryfive: 12:36pm On Mar 26, 2019
9jahotblog:
Okorochas don used the money to built estate. he will rot in jail.

No friend, he won't go to jail . all he needs to do is to shout sai baba and do the 4 + 4 sign and he'll be counted as a saint.

2 Likes

Re: I Left N26.6bn For Okorocha, How Much Will Okorocha Leave For Ihedioha? by TheFreeOne: 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2019
I don't know about how much money but i'm 100% sure he'll definitely leave some statues for Ihedioha.
Re: I Left N26.6bn For Okorocha, How Much Will Okorocha Leave For Ihedioha? by 9jahotblog: 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
countryfive:

No friend, he won't go to jail . all he needs to do is to shout sai baba and do the 4 + 4 sign and he'll be counted as a saint.
yes soooooo .

(1) (Reply)

INEC Again Opens Up On Okorocha's Certificate Of Return / Akpabio Congratulates His Opponent Ekpeyong, Withdraws Case From Tribunal / Kidnapping, Banditry: IGP Meeting With PMF Commanders In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.