Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Construction Of RCC Line Drain @ Plateau State - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of RCC Line Drain @ Plateau State (3209 Views)

RCC Drainage Design And Construction / Cost Of Rent In Plateau State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Of RCC Line Drain @ Plateau State by mozel247: 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2019
Hi guys. Am a young man into construction works. Will be taking u guys along as I try finishing up the work.

Before I go into details. Lemme introduce myself.

Am by name Moses, a graduate of Building Auchi polytechnic and Futminna and recently rounded up my MSc in construction management from Ahmadu Bello university, Zaria. Am single and in my early 30s. Hope the young lads can learn one or two things from this.

This thread is open to constructive criticism. Am geographically mobile and ready to avail my services and expertise to those who may need it. Am competent in the following areas

***General building and civil engineering Construction.
(residential, commercial, industrial)
***drainage and culvert and mini damn constructions
***road maintenance, reconstruction and new
constructions
***surveying, valuation of work and prep of estimates
*** design and general consultancy

Pls avoid quoting whole write ups while asking questions or commenting. Once more. Make ur criticism constructive and professionally

Leggo guys
Re: Construction Of RCC Line Drain @ Plateau State by mozel247: 2:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
Like I earlier said. It is a RCC line drain of over half a kilometer. Proposed design is attached. I intentionally omit the exact location of work and other details cuz they are privileged information

Re: Construction Of RCC Line Drain @ Plateau State by mozel247: 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2019
First lesson will be how design are made or interpreted

Some contract will specify the total drain length, total cubic meter of concrete and allow u to design for the drain sectional area. This is done when site condition will impact the construction and end product. While others you will be given the cross sectional area and u are allowed to determine the depth and width of the drain while maintaining a minimum thickness of the wall.

In this case. A total cubic meter was given, total drain length and cross sectional area. The drain was agreed with the consultant team.

Take for example you are given a drain length of 800m and cubic meter of 288m3 with a cross sectional area of 0.36m2

What this means is that for every 1 meter of drain there should be 0.36m3 of concrete when u multiply the cross section by 1m length. This means total cubic meter divide by total length will give u concrete requirement per length both for base and wall.

Now we need thickness we can add together to give exactly 0.36m3 so as to exhaust all the quantities otherwise u won't be paid full.

Now let's do the sharing let's assume a base of 1m and thickness of 0.15m including blinding and wall of 0.7m and thickness of 0.15m also. This will give

Base (1*1*0.15) = 0.15m3
Wall (0.7*1*0.15)*2 = 0.21m3
Total. = 0.36m3

This is perfect design. With this we are sure of exhausting all cubic meter of concrete in the contract. Anything other than this will either mean under or over performance and u all know what that mean

Pls not this doesn't correspond with the design shown. Like I said, the presence work have some privileged information I wouldn't shared cuz of privacy issues. With this I guess u guys can design when faced with similar challenges
Re: Construction Of RCC Line Drain @ Plateau State by Onyechiyelugo: 7:38am On Apr 19, 2022
ENUZED Global Services
Our services:

1. Drainage design and construction
2. Road design and construction
3. Building design and construction
4. Landscaping - interlocking stones and concrete stamp.

Landscaping for public buildings; public parks, college campuses, shopping and recreational centers; and institutions: access roads, drainages, and car parks with roundabouts, edge kerbs and curves; walkways and green areas.

We are competent and have the passion to deliver quality jobs.

Our commitment to timely job delivery is certain.

Call/WhatsApp: 07038005502, 08158332536
Email: akalaka5000@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Properties For Sale around Ring road & Old Bodija In Ibadan / LUXURY LAND SPACE WITH FAST AND SPEEDLY DEVELOPMENT, IN ABIJO AJAH LAGOS STATE / Call For Your House Construction (07064702132)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.