Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Check Out This School! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Check Out This School! (1234 Views)

............ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out This School! by nylawal(m): 4:42pm On Apr 27, 2007
I implore you guyz to checkout this new school in ilorin kwara state, The facilities are world class. I designed the website pls post ur comments and criticism on nairaland.
www.roemichsschool.com
Thanks grin
Re: Check Out This School! by my2cents(m): 5:26pm On Apr 27, 2007
One thing upfront:

Granted the majority of the world surfs the web using IE, have you actually tested your site on FF or even Safari? I use, as a web developer, FF and I can tell you right now, the site doesn't look good at all on FF - in particular, your menu items.

Others may beg to differ but for me, go back and test your code then get back to me.

**Always** unit/integration test your code before launching it. I hope this helps.

Either way, I hope you got paid a lot to do this, 'cause the concept is huge. I have been asked by an elementary school owner in Lagos to code their site and I have been looking for ideas wink

Thanks,
Re: Check Out This School! by gbolio4(m): 4:02am On Apr 28, 2007
Guy you try,

But as professor my2cents yarn, your dropdown menus f*#k you up big tyme for Firefox, and firefox na the best browser out there bros.

So go get better free scripts wey dey cross-browser compatible ok,

Sorry,

But the visuals and the overall concept no bad, including the free chat script. Overall - nice welding together of free resources,
Re: Check Out This School! by Ndipe(m): 7:26am On Apr 28, 2007
Nice pictures. How much are the school fees? My2cents, what do you say, since you went to Aunty Margaret, one of the popular primary schools in Calabar? Unical Staff school is still around. At times, I dont trip over school pics in Nigeria, because mine (in those days) was probably upto par with the new generation institutions in Nigeria.
Re: Check Out This School! by my2cents(m): 12:03pm On Apr 28, 2007
Yeah Ndipe,

At that time (80s), Auntie Margaret (AM), Unical Staff Qtrs, et al were the elementary school du jour in terms of facilities, etc. I don't know about now.

During my last visit though (2004), I did notice that the infrastructure at AM was kind of dilapidated. I was told it began to fall apart after Auntie Margaret herself passed away embarassed

Having said that, it is still possible that the quality of education is still high there. I have often dreamt of bringing back all the alumni for a fund raising, just to "put the pieces back together again", so to speak. We go see.

Back to this Roem school, I am also interested in knowing how much the school fees are. Based on photos, it does look comparable to schools, of similar status, in the states. If it's a boarding school, even better. Who knows, my children may end up going there if there is no such place in Akwa Ibom, when they are of age tongue

The concept, again, is huge and for the features, I just hope nylawal charged a boat load grin
Re: Check Out This School! by Cactus(m): 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2007
why would u put your telephone number at the bottom of a school's website even though u designed it?

For me the user experience is not as great as i would expect for a school's website. could be better visually and well organized.

-get rid of the marquee it blows. redesign your menu without javascript if u cannot get it to work on most browsers. there are awesome menu designs without javascripts.
-remove your telephone number and email address. u can hyperlink the name of the company with your email. if u want it that way. I am quite surprised the school is even allowing u to include your contact information on their website. quite shocked. because it doesnt look professional and inviting.
-remove the flash animation. doesnt contribute to the overall appearance and removes value from the site. If u want to use a flash plugin. there are better things u can do but not what u have currently now on the site.
-maintain consistency of the color scheme of the website. for example the menus and hyperlinks are of different colors.
-i hope you're away that not all the pictures in the photo galleries are showing up properly. some show and some its just a blank page.
-someone should be able to click on the top parent menu of the drop down list and be able to go either to a index page for that section or the first menu item of the list. need to be fixed
-your banner background image is missing.
-top menu bar drop down. u need a background color for each of the menu items since they overlap the banner, and the colors are almost similar. so u need something to pull them apart.
-there are so many things to fix, i can't continue writing everything. i will advice for a redo sincerely because it may potentially take a longer time to fix all the problem than to start from somewhere and build a new one
-look at this for inspiration if u need some inspiration very simple clean and easy http://www.psu.edu/. WE ARE PENN STATE. GO LIONS.
Re: Check Out This School! by Ndipe(m): 11:08pm On Apr 28, 2007
Yeah, Unical Staff School was very nice. The infrastructures of the building, and it was situated on a mamoth acre of land. Remember the staff quarters, the nice roads, the houses, it was almost like GRA. Very clean, and quiet. I liked it. Some of my classmates lived there. As you know, some of my cousins went to Aunty Margaret, and we each thought our primary school was better than the other. I did not know the founder of your school, but may her soul rest in peace, Amen. Was she married to Ntieyong Udo Uko? Or was it the founder of Hillside Nursery school, another posh primary school in Calabar? It never dawned on me to even organize a fundraising event for my primary school, because they are affiliated with Unical, a federal University. If I could, it would be for Obot Idim. My primary school used to host its annual Christmas party oh, my -- it was quite spectacular. Even old boys, used to attend it, and as you know for Naija, it is not strictly by invitation.

Sha, it's good to know we have nice memories of our days in Calabar. Even if folks don't know each other, they can sort of live vicariously, if they read someone's blog about their experiences in Nigeria. How I long for the good old days!!! cheesy

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Clone? Here's mine! / My Wp Blog Is Gone! / Housing Finance Website Is Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.