Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

My Wp Blog Is Gone! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Wp Blog Is Gone! (1237 Views)

Are You In Need Of An Admin Or Content Creator On Your WP Blog. Let's Roll / How Do I Know Where My Ads On My WP Dashboard / Problem With My Wp-site. How Do I Fix This Please????? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wp Blog Is Gone! by Tundeobash(m): 3:13pm On Feb 13, 2012
I need help. I can't see my blog (www.onlinecashplus.com/blog) after I upgraded it to the latest WordPress version. I get the following error message:

Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error.

How do I restore the blog?
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by DualCore1: 3:29pm On Feb 13, 2012
Its possible there is a problem with your .htaccess file.
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by Tundeobash(m): 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2012
Thank you, but what is the solution? I am not a programming person. I don't understand the programming language you mentioned. Please assist.
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by DualCore1: 3:46pm On Feb 13, 2012
I cannot help you from here. If you are on yahoo messenger, gtalk or skype. Give me your ID.
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by Tundeobash(m): 4:18pm On Feb 13, 2012
Thank you.
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by Afam4eva(m): 10:22pm On Feb 13, 2012
You're always advised to backup your wp files before upgrading.
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 14, 2012
I am just gettin to dis thread. If u nid help recoverin the blog, just call me asap on 08120755515
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by yawatide(f): 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2012
Hmm, my understanding of WP was that each time you logged on as an admin, there will be an upgrade notification where applicable. You then click this (after backing up your files of course) and the upgrade process is seamless. How did you upgrade, if I may ask? I hope you didn't download the latest zip and overwrite your old stuff with your new stuff.
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2012
^^^I strongly suspect this was the case. Anyway, i hope it is not too late to scrape and recover. . . .
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by DonSegmond(m): 1:44am On Feb 15, 2012
You need to look at your HTTP access log and see what error it spits out when someone tries to access the site. Using that error, you can troubleshoot.
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by WebSurfer(m): 3:27am On Feb 15, 2012
can anybody help me here on how to get the twitter plugin widget for sidebar, i mean to show the latest tweets? like the on vanguardngr.com uses or channelstv.com thankss
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 15, 2012
Hmmmnn, thread is getting more interesting really.
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by Afam4eva(m): 4:47pm On Feb 15, 2012
WebSurfer:

can anybody help me here on how to get the twitter plugin widget for sidebar, i mean to show the latest tweets? like the on vanguardngr.com uses or channelstv.com thankss

You can get it from twittr.com or download a wordpress plugn if you're using wordprss.
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by Afam4eva(m): 4:49pm On Feb 15, 2012
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by WebSurfer(m): 2:55am On Feb 17, 2012
am having serious issues understanding this, can you please give me the link on wordpress to get that?
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by WebSurfer(m): 2:56am On Feb 17, 2012
twittr.com not connecting
Re: My Wp Blog Is Gone! by Tundeobash(m): 1:20pm On Mar 24, 2012
Thank you all for your contribution. I eventually started all over again but I lost valuable posts I had earlier made on the blog.

(1) (Reply)

Please test/rate this P2P free website advertising. Tell us what you think / how long those it take to credit ads payment on naialand / Building The Best Forum Script On The Web

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.