Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

I Didn’t Pay N200m For Aac’s Yeeh To Defect, Says Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Pay N200m For Aac’s Yeeh To Defect, Says Wike (463 Views)

Kidnappers Demand N200m For Major Stephen Datong (NDA) / 2019: 3 PDP Governors To Defect To APC - Suleiman Ahmed Wambai / Three Northern APC Governors To Defect To PDP (Names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Pay N200m For Aac’s Yeeh To Defect, Says Wike by Sunnyshinylight(f): 10:05am On Mar 27, 2019
I Didn’t Pay N200m For AAC’s Yeeh To Defect, Says Wike

However, reacting to the allegation of inducement on the part of the governor, Okah said: “The allegation that Governor Wike gave AAC’s deputy governorship candidate (Yeeh) N200million is not correct; it is untrue and it is absolute nonsense.

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKMAR 26, 2019

Nyesom Wike, Governor of Rivers State, has denied the allegation that he induced the defection of Akpo Bomba Yeeh, the deputy governorship candidate of African Action Congress (AAC), to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Speaking through Emma Okah, his Commissioner for Information and Communications, on Monday, he denied giving Yeeh N200million to Yeeh to defect to his party.

Yeeh, who was the running mate to Biokpomabo Awara, the AAC governorship candidate, had announced his withdrawal and immediate defection to the PDP through a letter sent to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

He said his decision was influenced by the "complete hijack of the structure and administration of our party by a faction of the APC in Rivers State led by the Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, for his personal political ambition".

However, reacting to the allegation of inducement on the part of the governor, Okah said: “The allegation that Governor Wike gave AAC’s deputy governorship candidate (Yeeh) N200million is not correct; it is untrue and it is absolute nonsense.

“Chief Yeeh is a respected elder from Ogoni Kingdom and his action by removing himself from being used to destabilise Rivers State and cause pain to the people is commendable.

“Everything is not about money, as there are lots of good people around. We should commend him (Yeeh) for taking the bold and historic step, instead of calling him names.

“Future generations of our people will remember the moral lesson of his present actions.”

The All Progressives Congress (APC) had been barred from featuring candidates for elections in Rivers State and had chosen to back Awara, the AAC candidate.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/03/26/i-didn%E2%80%99t-pay-n200m-aac%E2%80%99s-yeeh-defect-says-wike
Re: I Didn’t Pay N200m For Aac’s Yeeh To Defect, Says Wike by paiz: 10:07am On Mar 27, 2019
If you pay will you talk?
Re: I Didn’t Pay N200m For Aac’s Yeeh To Defect, Says Wike by kulobyno: 10:08am On Mar 27, 2019
Who do we ask. The deputy governorship candidate is too cheap at 200m considering the heat that APC is giving Wike from them. I bet dude never imagined he'd see that kind of money in life. He just got nominated by an unambitious popularity seeking guy looking for appointment or compensation when elections must have been over only for the Supreme Court to disqualify APC and APC decides to throw their weight randomly behind a hungry party in other to fight Wike.

To Wike the experience is a nightmare.

To the AAC Candidate being a major contender to a PDP stronghold is like a red sea miracle more or less like waking up one day and seeing Federal Powers telling a hen to peck the eyes of a tiger and discovering that the tiger can't fight.

Wike is wishing the AAC candidate can also be bought only if he can name his price.

Superlative Desperation.
Re: I Didn’t Pay N200m For Aac’s Yeeh To Defect, Says Wike by Sunnyshinylight(f): 10:12am On Mar 27, 2019
Are you sure
Re: I Didn’t Pay N200m For Aac’s Yeeh To Defect, Says Wike by EvilMetahuman: 10:33am On Mar 27, 2019
ofcourse you will say yeah i paid him now.
Re: I Didn’t Pay N200m For Aac’s Yeeh To Defect, Says Wike by Sunnyshinylight(f): 10:40am On Mar 27, 2019
Joyful
Re: I Didn’t Pay N200m For Aac’s Yeeh To Defect, Says Wike by yuanexchanger: 10:54am On Mar 27, 2019
whether you do it or not ..it's call politics
Re: I Didn’t Pay N200m For Aac’s Yeeh To Defect, Says Wike by Sunnyshinylight(f): 1:05pm On Mar 27, 2019
Are you sure
Re: I Didn’t Pay N200m For Aac’s Yeeh To Defect, Says Wike by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2019
Chief Yeeh only used the fame which the controversial election has given him to make a good bargain on position with the party that actually won the election..

Akara should go and sit down, or he thinks Amaechi would secure a position for him like he did dakuku?
Re: I Didn’t Pay N200m For Aac’s Yeeh To Defect, Says Wike by Sunnyshinylight(f): 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2019
Joyful
Re: I Didn’t Pay N200m For Aac’s Yeeh To Defect, Says Wike by helinues: 3:38pm On Mar 27, 2019
Inducement possibility 65%

The amount, not realistic..

Appointments or contracts may be
Re: I Didn’t Pay N200m For Aac’s Yeeh To Defect, Says Wike by Sunnyshinylight(f): 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2019
Wikipedia

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths, Remove Buhari Like Omar Al-bashir – Fani-kayode / Video:this Unmissable Clip Of Puyol’s First Jollof Experience Will Make Your Day / Atiku’s Citizenship: Buhari’s Lawyers Are Constitutionally Illiterate - Farooq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.