Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,199 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... (2835 Views)

Is It Appropriate To Integrate Sexual Educ Into Informal Education For Children? / Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? / Good TV Programs You Would Recommend For Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by AdamuW: 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2010
A new Nigerian cartoon for toddlers, preschool and kindergarten children will be going on air in October 2010. The cartoon is called Bino and Fino and the pilot episode is what will be aired. It’s meant to be fun and educational.As the creators we’d love your feedback, especially as parents. Children’s media is very powerful and we believe that it is important that we have content that comes from Nigeria/Sub Saharan Africa that our young children watch too.
Here a link to the animation blog  http://binoandfino./   

UPDATE:
Here is the 1st episode. It's an episode based around African countries and independence. Here's the facebook page so you can see what other's have had to say. http://www.facebook.com/binoandfino  . We'd love your feedback.

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ5sOMOYwkQ?fs=1&hl=en_GB"[/flash]

Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by InkedNerd(f): 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2010
Hmmm. . . Will this air in the US? I'd like to take a look at it. Ummm, if they're Nigerian, then why is the woman wearing kente cloth?
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by AdamuW: 6:39pm On Sep 07, 2010
@Inked_Nerd Yes, you are correct. But we want it to have a wider appeal. So even though we're based in Nigeria we'll be featuring things from all over Africa. I think the title of my post could be a bit misleading. Look it more as Nigerian based but African at heart. But that's the kind of feedback we need. We have a tight budget but we want to make this as good as possible.

It will air on our Youtube page. We are also talking to NTA and AIT to air it in October as well.

Thanks
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by InkedNerd(f): 6:58pm On Sep 07, 2010
Ok, thank you for the clarification. Seems like a wonderful idea. Wish I had African themed shows when I was little. I will be on the lookout for this. One thing though that caught my attention was the little girl. Her eyes sorta give her a mischievous look. It would be cool if you could show a storyboard template on how the production of this cartoon is put together.
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by AdamuW: 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2010
You've got a good eye. She is indeed a little bit naughty but more curious. Her name's Fino. Regarding behind the scenes info, we're doing that. We are showing sketches, storyboards pictures and we are also asking for thoughts and feedback. http://binoandfino./ and Bino an Fino are on facebook too at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bino-and-Fino/122180064481166 . thanks again and please spread the word.
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by vanitty: 8:50am On Sep 08, 2010
Good luck with it.
Hopefully it will be a very successful one
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by AdamuW: 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2010
Thank you very much.

In fact the project will not be a success without the participation of the public. We want to make a series that people will want to buy. That's why we're doing a pilot episode so people can watch it and tell us what they think. Good or bad, we don't mind. So tell any parents you know about us. We really want this series to be of value to people.

We don't have a high budget so we don't have access to market research and data.The best way around that is to talk to the people who we want to buy the cartoon.
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by Romeo4real(m): 11:30pm On Sep 09, 2010
Graet idea guys! Keep up the good work. I'm supporting you all the way! Where can we see a sample clip with voices?
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by AdamuW: 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2010
@Romeo4real Thank you very much. We’ve tried our best to make sure people can get information about Bino and Fino from many online sources.
Please tell more people about us.
Here’s the blog. http://binoandfino./    Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bino-and-Fino/122180064481166?ref=ts

Here's a Youtube video giving more info about the project.
[flash=560,340]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELsMJ3kPN9k?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"[/flash]
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by AdamuW: 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2010
Hi everyone. We’re launching Bino & Fino, the brand new African cartoon from Nigeria for young children. The pilot episode will be screened online tomorrow right here on the Facebook channel http://www.facebook.com/binoandfino at 1:00pm Western African Time. I’ll post up the video here but the video will be released here 1st on the Facebook page. We'd love it if some of you could watch the video to see if it's something you'd like your children to watch. Thanks.
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by InkedNerd(f): 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2010
Hehehe, I joined the Facebook page the day I first posted grin.
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by Mobinga: 4:19am On Oct 07, 2010
smiley

Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by AdamuW: 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2010
In case the update above was missed, here's the first episode of the Bino & Fino cartoon. We'd love your thoughts and feedback.

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k06RwPvFUFA?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"[/flash]
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by Gamine(f): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2010
I like the animation, but not so sure about the content.
I don't know what the age range target is but for the kids I've been in close contact with,
they all prefer animation where the characters sound like them. . .if you get what I mean.
Using an Adult's voice here may not be the best.
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by AdamuW: 7:29am On Oct 12, 2010
Hi Gamine,
I understand your comment regarding the voiceover on the cartoon. We’ve had an interesting reaction to that. I’d say 60/40 against though most parents liked the cartoon itself. So we’re looking into it. Thank you for your feedback.
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by InkedNerd(f): 8:07am On Oct 12, 2010
AdamuW, do you think this will someday show in the US? Have you considered making a pitch to Nick Jr or Disney? It would be cool to see a show like this in the US.
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by AdamuW: 12:18pm On Oct 12, 2010
@ Inked Nerd. We’d love the cartoon to show in many regions such as US and Europe but we’re being realistic and taking small steps. We want to make sure we can deliver first and that we have a product that enough people like and want to buy and watch. So we’re focusing on the Nigerian/African market, which itself is potentially large. Actually that’s where we really want to service as we don’t have many cartoons catering for our kids.
Beyond that we have Africans in Diaspora who want to show something from home to their kids. And after that, whoever’s interested. We haven’t released the DVD and made one sale yet. Until we do so I don’t want to us to run before we can crawl!

By the way you said you joined the Facebook group. Your id on there isn’t Inked Nerd as well is it?
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by InkedNerd(f): 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2010
AdamuW:

By the way you said you joined the Facebook group. Your id on there isn’t Inked Nerd as well is it?

lol, no. That's not my name on Facebook. I've actually commented on some of the posts that have been written on the Facebook group.
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by damijohn: 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2010
this is a good development
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by AdamuW: 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2010
@ Inked Nerd Hmm, the mystery deepens. No problem, we'll keep it that way. It's nice to know you're supporting whichever ID you use!

@Damijohn Thank you very much.
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by InkedNerd(f): 8:21am On Oct 13, 2010
AdamuW:

@ Inked Nerd Hmm, the mystery deepens. No problem, we'll keep it that way. It's nice to know you're supporting whichever ID you use!

lol yes indeed. I'll give you a hint on who I am on Facebook grin
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by Gamine(f): 10:54am On Oct 13, 2010
^^ I know.

Anyways, watched it with my 'nephew' yesterday.(Age 2)
He was taken by the animation.
But the voice seemed to distract him a bit.
He looked confused but didn't want to take his eyes off the computer.lol
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by InkedNerd(f): 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2010
lol know what?
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by AdamuW: 6:57pm On Oct 13, 2010
@ Gamine. Thanks for showing the cartoon to your nephew. Glad he liked some of it. So you know who Inked Nerd is on Facebook? Interesting.

@Inked Nerd looking forward to the hint. I have my ideas.
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by InkedNerd(f): 7:28am On Oct 14, 2010
AdamuW:

Inked Nerd looking forward to the hint. I have my ideas.

Hehehe ok. By the way, this may sound silly but there's something about the movement of the lips of the characters that's seems a bit off to me. Oh and have you figured out who I am on FB yet?
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by AdamuW: 2:35pm On Oct 14, 2010
@ Inked_Nerd I thought I knew who you were but now I think I'm wrong. I'm going to do some major detective work to find out. As for the lips. We'll look at that again. The lip-sync will not be totally exact though.
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by InkedNerd(f): 6:35pm On Oct 14, 2010
AdamuW:

@ Inked_Nerd I thought I knew who you were but now I think I'm wrong. I'm going to do some major detective work to find out. As for the lips. We'll look at that again. The lip-sync will not be totally exact though.

lol ok then I hope your detective skills are up to date wink. I'll be on the look out for updates on the cartoon.
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by AdamuW: 6:58pm On Oct 14, 2010
Are you *******? That's my first guess.
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by InkedNerd(f): 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2010
Lmao, yes I am. Ummm, could you please remove my name from the comment? grin
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by AdamuW: 7:40pm On Oct 14, 2010
Done. Good detective work though. You have to admit. You take care. And thanks for supporting the Bino and Fino cartoon.
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by AdamuW: 12:48pm On Apr 05, 2011
The Bino and Fino cartoon was finally released online for sale in the US and Europe territories last week. Here’s the website http://www.binoandfino.com/ . We listened to the feedback on our pilot episode from parents and kids. The new episodes are improved and we hope to keep making them better for kids out there. We’ve had good reviews from those who have seen the new episodes.

So if you are looking for a true African educational cartoon for your children try us out.

We are also working hard to get the DVDs available in Nigeria.

Many thanks!
Re: A New Nigerian Cartoon For Children... by Nekai(f): 1:10pm On Apr 06, 2011
How cute!!! kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Me And My Wife Fought / Don't Waste Your Youthful Earning On "Family" And Be Bitter At 70. / 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Spinster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.