Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:39 AM

Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) (21157 Views)

No Plans To Demolish National Mosque - FCDA / Minister, Wike, Publicly Blasts FCDA Over Faulty Microphone (Video) / Airman Killed By Mob In Oshodi. Many Stranded As Soldiers ‘Take Over’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by stanliwise(m): 7:57am On Mar 28, 2019
lapazi:

Look, i dont want to drag words with you!
Surprising as it may sound there are actually child support services in Nigeria. Especially in Abuja!
Instead of just sitting here and ranting all you want, you could actually go the extra-mile and find out what the real situation is on ground!

Just yesterday, after the news on traders goods burnt at Dunamis Abuja, i was disturbed with the reports online and comments and i took it upon myself to find out what the actual situation was- and i did get inside info on what actually transpired!

My point dont take everything hook, line and sinker!
Everything you just said would be baseless if actually the children in that video were not posing but were actually homeless.

So you are comfortable that some innocent young mind where held accountable just because someone broke the law?

And you seem to be relieving government on their duty of child protection act. If you can connect the dot you will notice that if the law actually exist then it is a dead one.

I don't blame people like you, when all you see everyday is lawlessness, then you think it should be normal.

1 Like

Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by seunfly: 8:03am On Mar 28, 2019
stanliwise:
The video and the guy and the land owners are not important here.

what is important is that if this children are actually homeless, then something is wrong with out country Nigeria, we don't want to know what happen in the court case all that is needed is the welfare of the children. Whether the person who made the video isn't saying the truth, as much as the children are not paid to act homeless then something has to be done.

Did I hear you say well wisher may rebuil.... Where would this children stay before the building is complete.[ This case of leaving children to aimlessly wander around don't seem serious to you, it is similar to IDP in Bornu(the case of Bornu is worse). Yet our senators and public officers sit down and spend fat salary. No child protection law was observed before building was demolished. if the video was a hoax then the people behind it should be arrested for portraying children in such manner.

Children are innocent young minded people, please let us not hold them accountable for the action of some so called dispute. I hope you understand my nagging...?

@bolded, The notice for demolition is not something of today, like I said in my first post the fence was first demolished more than 4months ago which to my expirience it is warning to vacate the property and enough time to appeal to good Nigerians to do something. The orphanage home should have reached out to people b4 now and make proper arrangement for the innocent kids. Like I v said b4 I symparthise with the home and the children but the development control and the court are just doing their job.

I felt the original land owner or the person that won in the court did not do the right thing, but I still did not blame him who knows may be that is all he also has in is entire life and that said land is worth range of 60 million naira.

The video is not hoax, it is real and I know the place and I even know some kids in the home personally, I just felt the video only passed half information.

There are rich churches close to the orphanage home Dunamis, glass church, foursquare, Redeem, christ embassy, Winners and Co, they are NGOs are and not paying tax, they could come up and raise fund for this orphanage home. All the pastor needs to do is preach about it, stoke up people's emotion and ask people to contribute to rebuild it.
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by ElsonMorali: 8:04am On Mar 28, 2019
chloride6:

What arrangement did the orphanage have before it illegally built an orphanage in the wrong area?

What social welfare package or benefits or security has your government provided for young orphans in your country?

Instead of your government to encourage private involvement in caring for these orphans, here's what you get.

Take a look at those kids in the picture again and realize that could easily have been any of us here.

If the government was going to demolish the building, an arrangement should have been made for the kids.

This is a no-brainer.

1 Like

Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by SpaceAngel: 8:06am On Mar 28, 2019
Children that have parents are not finding it easy, wonder how these ones will survive. They are alive due to input from charitable organisations. Well as Nigerians always say, may God be with them and protect. My only issue is that Satan will be blamed if anything happens to them in the streets. It's good to visit these orphanages from time to time to understand what they pass through.

1 Like

Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by stanliwise(m): 8:10am On Mar 28, 2019
seunfly:

@bolded, The notice for demolition is not something of today, like I said in my first post the fence was first demolished more than 4months ago which to my expirience it is warning to vacate the property and enough time to appeal to good Nigerians to do something. The orphanage home should have reached out to people b4 now and make proper arrangement for the innocent kids. Like I v said b4 I simparthise with the home and the children but the development control and the court are just doing their job.

I felt the original land owner or the person that won in the court did not do the right thing, but I still did not blame him who knows may be that is all he also has in is entire life and that said land is worth range of 60 million naira.

There are rich churches close to the orphanage home Dunamis, glass church, foursquare, Redeem, christ embassy, Winners and Co, they are NGOs are and not paying tax, they could come up and raise fund for this orphanage home. All the pastor needs to do is preach about it, stoke up people's emotion and ask people to contribute to rebuild it.
Something happened like this sometime ago in Canada and guess what? the guy who sent children out was arrested.
Although in Canada you must take proper step to evacuate children as much as this. I understand what you're saying but because this Nigeria, there are no functional laws that addresses such situation. So the orphanage and the land owner made exploit and left the children stranded. This shouldn't be.

3 Likes

Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by Chigold101(m): 8:18am On Mar 28, 2019
amakadihot87:
........image I.....even if the orphanage is an illegal structure, why not get another accommodation and transfer the kids .........this world is wicked....... Same people who gave orders to pull down these kids home will come in Church and sow useless seed
I don't understand the seed sowing line... I think it isn't necessary here. We must not drag the church into every discuss
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by Chigold101(m): 8:19am On Mar 28, 2019
Thomthom:
Bros some mumu post just dey.. wey u need to ignore.. They don't have anything like conscience in their diary..
that is just that. Or They just want to please someone somewhere at the top
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by Chigold101(m): 8:21am On Mar 28, 2019
lapazi:

Oga calm down, and stop jumping into conclusions. This is obviously just the surface of the entire story.
I only wrote this as a reply to a comment.
So read the quoted comment please.
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by Chigold101(m): 8:21am On Mar 28, 2019
Isoduwa:

This is Nigerian our motor is WE DON'T GIVE A FUC{
where cows are worth more than human beings
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by seunfly: 8:22am On Mar 28, 2019
lapazi:

Look, i dont want to drag words with you!
Surprising as it may sound there are actually child support services in Nigeria. Especially in Abuja!
Instead of just sitting here and ranting all you want, you could actually go the extra-mile and find out what the real situation is on ground!

Just yesterday, after the news on traders goods burnt at Dunamis Abuja, i was disturbed with the reports online and comments and i took it upon myself to find out what the actual situation was- and i did get inside info on what actually transpired!

My point dont take everything hook, line and sinker!

Concerning that Dunamis own, my mother in law was also a victim, her own was demolished early this year and it is a case of illegality and taking law into ones hands. I don't want to believe pastor Paul Eneche knows about it but it is act of wickedness because of the following reasons.
1) The traders are not on Dunamis land, they are outside dunamis.
2) They did not in anyway constitute danger to dunamis.
3) They did not have any effect on Dunamis.

The problem is ( according to my mother in law ) their are some people who paid for space inside Dunamis to sell food and other things but their own is expensive while this people outside also paid to somebody who claim to be dunamis rep, the product of people outside is cheap and the marketers inside felt people are not patronizing them so they paid some senior rank pastor to mobilsed the demolision of the outside market.
Why Dunamis's action is illegal is that only the real land owner or development control has the right to demolish those structures.
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by seunfly: 8:28am On Mar 28, 2019
stanliwise:
Something happened like this sometime ago in Canada and guess what? the guy who sent children out was arrested.
Although in Canada you must take proper step to evacuate children as much as this. I understand what you're saying but because this Nigeria, there are no functional laws that addresses such situation. So the orphanage and the land owner made exploit and left the children stranded. This shouldn't be.

You are correct, to make the matter worst apart from all the big churches around the home, NSITF branch office is almost adjacent to the orphanage home as well.

NSITF means Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by nwoguorji(m): 8:29am On Mar 28, 2019
There should be an arrangement to properly accommodate these children , and not this sort of Sardine packing. Government should build facility to relocate them before the demolition irrespective of the legality of the home !
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by stanliwise(m): 8:32am On Mar 28, 2019
seunfly:

You are correct, to make the matter worst apart from all the big churches around the home, NSITF branch office is almost adjacent to the orphanage home as well.

NSITF means Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund
so sad
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by Amyyy2020: 8:33am On Mar 28, 2019
What is diz! Who demolishes an Orphanage home without an alternative na?? Y is my kauntri doing diz kinda tin cry
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by seunfly: 8:34am On Mar 28, 2019
stanliwise:
so sad

See how much immediate past NSITF stole

‘N62.3b fraud: EFCC freezes 30 accounts of ex-NSITF boss, seizes 37 assets
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by stanliwise(m): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2019
seunfly:

See how much immediate past NSITF stole

‘N62.3b fraud: EFCC freezes 30 accounts of ex-NSITF boss, seizes 37 assets
Just Imagine.
I will still continue to say our major problem in Nigeria is not corruption but bad system because how did he manage to steal the money in the first place. It means the system is porous enough to drain such amount with being detected immediately.

1 Like

Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 28, 2019
lonlytroy:
Orphanage home they use for scamming people
Poor children, I pray they get a new home

My question, What have you contributed to the life of homeless?
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by lonlytroy(m): 8:48am On Mar 28, 2019
yuppy101:

My question, What have you contributed to the life of homeless?

Stop asking useless question when u don't know me
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by SIRTee15: 9:32am On Mar 28, 2019
seunfly:

@bolded, The notice for demolition is not something of today, like I said in my first post the fence was first demolished more than 4months ago which to my expirience it is warning to vacate the property and enough time to appeal to good Nigerians to do something. The orphanage home should have reached out to people b4 now and make proper arrangement for the innocent kids. Like I v said b4 I symparthise with the home and the children but the development control and the court are just doing their job.

The video is not hoax, it is real and I know the place and I even know some kids in the home personally, I just felt the video only passed half information.

The way u people reason in that country amaze me....
That u could find a way to justify the homeless sitation of those orphans is distasteful.....

For your info, it's the duty of the govt or whoever authorize the demolition to make adequate provision to relocate n properly accomodate those kids, not the orphanage....
The orphanage didn't render them homeless, the heartless land developer n govt did....
They had a shelter- illegal or not, b4 the bulldozer came to demolish it.....

Nigeria is a lawless nation n it's gradually turning into a jungle where the powerful eat the weak, in order to gain strength n stay on top the food chain.....
Unfortunately, ordinary citizens are buying into this ideology of wickedness n callousness, so long as it doesn't directly affect their own way of life.....

U mentioned the church should help, but u were quiet about the responsibility of the govt towards the children.....
Read the bible n see what God said about how a nation should provide for its orphans, widows, homeless, the poor.....
He hates nations that maltreat it's vulnerable....
God destroyed nations because of that....

U guys better be careful not to incure his wrath. God is slow anger but people's wickedness in that country is already overfilled.....

2 Likes

Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by maasoap(m): 9:32am On Mar 28, 2019
150 orphans are just too much
They should transfer some kids to other orphanages
Look at the kids dresses
FCDA officials should have made temporary arrangements for the kids shelter.
Why can't we care for once?
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by maasoap(m): 9:40am On Mar 28, 2019
lonlytroy:

Stop asking useless question when u don't know me

It wasn't actually a useless question. If all Nigerians had the kind of mentality you displayed here, the orphans in Nigeria would suffer more.
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by seunfly: 9:42am On Mar 28, 2019
stanliwise:
Just Imagine.
I will still continue to say our major problem in Nigeria is not corruption but bad system because how did he manage to steal the money in the first place. It means the system is porous enough to drain such amount with being detected immediately.

The problem is corruption in the system, the system itself has been corrupted.
No matter what u do to the system, the corruption in the system will still render it impotent.
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by seunfly: 9:45am On Mar 28, 2019
SIRTee15:

The way u people reason in that country amaze me....
That u could find a way to justify the homeless sitation of those orphans is distasteful.....

For your info, it's the duty of the govt or whoever authorize the demolition to make adequate provision to relocate n properly accomodate those kids, not the orphanage....
The orphanage didn't render them homeless, the heartless land developer n govt did....
They had a shelter- illegal or not, b4 the bulldozer came to demolish it.....

Nigeria is a lawless nation n it's gradually turning into a jungle where the powerful eat the weak, in order to gain strength n stay on top the food chain.....
Unfortunately, ordinary citizens are buying into this ideology of wickedness n callousness, so long as it doesn't directly affect their own way of life.....

U mentioned the church should help, but u were quiet about the responsibility of the govt towards the children.....
Read the bible n see what God said about how a nation should provide for its orphans, widows, homeless, the poor.....
He hates nations that maltreat it's vulnerable....
God destroyed nations because of that....

U guys better be careful not to incure his wrath. God is slow anger but people's wickedness in that country is already overfilled.....

I will pass your comment because I believe you did not read all from the front page to the point I quote that the orphanage home is adjacent NSITF. You just cherry pick my conversation with a guy who understand why I wrote what u quote.

1 Like

Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by prophetfire: 9:58am On Mar 28, 2019
chloride6:

What arrangement did the orphanage have before it illegally built an orphanage in the wrong area? YOU MUST BE AN APC MEMBER. HUMANS WHOSE BRAINS WERE COLLECTED BY COWS.
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by AdeMavrodi: 10:07am On Mar 28, 2019
Chigold101:
how some of us think is the biggest problem of this country.
So if the owners of the orphanage home didn't make any arrangements then those orphans should now suffer?
In the a place where people's brain are put in a good use, is the government not the people to take the responsibility of making sure orphans are well taken care of?
It's well oh. Those orphans would suffer because someone allegedly broke the law.
It's a pity

All those likes you got are from dumb people. Abuja no be Aba or Onitsha. If you build anyhow they will pull it down. That place is a sane place to live. If you want to build orphanage you follow the masterplan

2 Likes

Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 10:26am On Mar 28, 2019
They are using those kids for business, there are many more of it around Nigeria. They should bring them down to Ekiti. Some motherless baby's home like four have low population.
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by Chigold101(m): 11:32am On Mar 28, 2019
AdeMavrodi:

All those likes you got are from dumb people. Abuja no be Aba or Onitsha. If you build anyhow they will pull it down. That place is a sane place to live. If you want to build orphanage you follow the masterplan
Here comes the greatest dumb of all. People that are bereft of understanding always think others are just as dumb as he is...
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by lonlytroy(m): 12:04pm On Mar 28, 2019
maasoap:

It wasn't actually a useless question. If all Nigerians had the kind of mentality you displayed here, the orphans in Nigeria would suffer more.
I

If you understand my comment well then you will know that I was referring to the management of the orphanage home
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by UKBobo(m): 12:11pm On Mar 28, 2019
chloride6:

What arrangement did the orphanage have before it illegally built an orphanage in the wrong area?

Na dem....the nyash be where the mouth should be.
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by EngrOsas93(m): 12:43pm On Mar 28, 2019
I weep for my great country
Fine, the orphanage management made a mistake by building an illegal structure.
So has govt what should you do?...Punish the orphanage mgt including the kids?
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by Oyeniyi97(m): 3:50pm On Mar 28, 2019
Welcome to Nigeria, where we address a wrong act with a wrong correction.
Re: Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video) by Sarang(f): 4:27pm On Mar 28, 2019
God forsaken country. A curse of a country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obaseki Congratulates Senator Akpabio On Emergence As Senate President / Impounded Ballot Papers Are Not Real and Not Thumbprinted Says Kano State Police / Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.