Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll (13202 Views)

INEC Asks Tribunal To Vary Inspection Order Granted Atiku, Obi / New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive / Appeal Court To Hear Suit Seeking To Swear In Atiku, Void Buhari’s Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by OddsIsland(m): 1:49am On Mar 28, 2019
Fresh troubles have emerged for President Muhammadu Buhari as the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Movement, Pastor Aminchi Habu, and the PDM, have sued him, the Independent National Electoral Commission and his party, the All Progressives Congress.

Habu is also the Coordinator, Northern Evangelism, The Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Ministries.

The cleric, who dragged the three respondents before the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal in Abuja, asked the tribunal to, among other things, declare Buhari’s victory and the APC at the February 23 presidential election null and void.

He said the name of his party and logo were unlawfully omitted from the ballot papers by INEC thereby denying him the opportunity of contesting the election.

Incidentally, the name and logo of the PDM appeared on the ballot papers of governorship, National Assembly and state assembly elections.

In the petition, which was marked CA/PEPC/004/2019 and filed on March 19, 2019 and obtained by The PUNCH, the PDM candidate said he and his party had spent a lot of money on campaigns and they felt cheated by INEC.

He, therefore, sought five reliefs.

The reliefs read, “The first petitioner (Habu) was validly nominated by the second petitioner (PDM) but unlawfully excluded by the first respondent (INEC) from the election into the Office of the President held on February 23, 2019.

“A declaration that the second respondent being the candidate of the third respondent (APC) was not lawfully or validly returned as the winner of the said election by virtue of the unlawful exclusion of the petitioners.

“An order nullifying the return and declaration of the second respondent (Buhari) as the winner of the election held on February 23, 2019 for the Office of the President on the grounds of wrongful exclusion of the petitioners from the Presidential election held on February 23, 2019.

“An order directing the first respondent (INEC) to conduct a fresh election into the Office of the President within 90 days from the date of the judgment of the tribunal.”

Attached to the petition are: a copy of INEC’s timetable, the timetable of the PDM and schedule of preparations for the 2019 general elections, pictures of the PDM convention and presidential primary, a copy of a letter from the PDM to INEC containing the list of its candidates in the elections and a copy of the ballot paper of the presidential election showing the absence of the party’s name and logo.

In his statement on oath, Habu, who is a pastor, said he purchased the presidential form of the PDM for N5m after which he visited the 36 states of the federation to seek support of party members.

He said after he emerged winner of the primary, the PDM forwarded his name to INEC.

The PDM candidate added, “The first respondent (INEC) without any lawful cause, wrongfully excluded my name, my party and our logo from the ballot paper and all other electoral materials and documents used for the February 23, 2019 presidential election.

“I hereby plead and shall rely on the ballot paper used for the February 23, 2019 presidential election and the results and list of candidates that contested the presidential election published on the website of the first respondent (INEC).

“The above action of the first respondent (INEC) in unlawfully and wrongfully excluding the petitioners has caused immeasurable losses in resources and electoral fortunes of the petitioners especially my good self having invested so much money campaigning, time and resources mobilising supporters throughout the entire country.”

Habu, who is the leader of the Northern Christian Leaders Eagle Eyes Forum, had in July 2016 led a group of northern pastors to Buhari where he endorsed the President’s anti-corruption war and presented a Bible to him.

Source: https://punchng.com/pdm-candidate-asks-tribunal-to-void-buharis-victory-order-fresh-poll/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by Amuocha: 6:23am On Mar 28, 2019
Great way to start the day

This time around, national elections must be staggered grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:23am On Mar 28, 2019
He said the name of his party and logo were unlawfully omitted from the ballot papers by INEC thereby denying him the opportunity of contesting the election.
Oh No!
This is very painful.
Perhaps, this PDM candidate could have won the Presidential election o!
We will not take it, let us get ready for another presidential election this coming saturday please!!
All PDM party members get ready ooo!!
WE WILL NOT TAKE IT!!

fredoooooo:
Who be this one again ? It's you use ya head hit wall for dream or in reality ..... this is the next level wailing i voted for . Una go wail till all if una enter market , Awon werey deede .. Good morning and SAI BABA BUHARI grin grin
Lol cheesy.
Good morning correct man! wink cheesy

Today is actually the first time we are seeing this party logo or hearing about them, we swear!!
Thanks to Google!!

Na Zaaky Adze (the torchlight Northern musician) be dem National Party Chairman?!

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by ct2: 6:24am On Mar 28, 2019
that touch light party

3 Likes

Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by fredoooooo: 6:24am On Mar 28, 2019
Who be this one again ? It's like you use ya head hit a wall for dream or in reality ..... this is the next level wailing i voted for . Una go wail till all if una enter market , Awon werey deede .. Good morning and SAI BABA BUHARI grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by iammo(m): 6:24am On Mar 28, 2019
grin

Abuse of court process, everyone filing law suit anyhow and overwhelming our already stretched judicial system.. Even PDM that barely got little vote for their relative similarity to PDP's acronym and color are taking legal actions

Am sure the few votes they got were meant for PDP , only that some voters had eye defects or voted hastily

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by izuch(m): 6:24am On Mar 28, 2019
Why are they wasting their time and money? Buhari don win be say him don win, he would rather die than vacate that seat
Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by yuanexchanger: 6:25am On Mar 28, 2019
another waste of money..check my siggy for your chinese rmb
Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by yusuff4u2c(m): 6:25am On Mar 28, 2019
sad
Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by lapazi(m): 6:26am On Mar 28, 2019
All these political parties that don't even have a single representation at any level of government should be scrapped!!!

1 Like

Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by oyi1(m): 6:26am On Mar 28, 2019
We Are All Aware That Buhari Stole Atiku Mandate

But This Particular Fault Is Not Of APC But INEC

8 Likes

Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by Peacemaker5129(f): 6:26am On Mar 28, 2019
Check well he is a e-bow man
Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by Mezzy181: 6:26am On Mar 28, 2019
Is alright..
Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by BuhariAdvocate: 6:26am On Mar 28, 2019
Stupid man.he don scam his church members. Go and waste it in the court
Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by Nobody: 6:26am On Mar 28, 2019
cool

So because of this small ojoro that I did in this last election, now everybody is going to court. Someone cannot even play with you people again?

Even if a fresh poll is being conducted, the foolish people in Nigeria are 100x more than the wise people. All I need is just to keep deceiving the foolish people and I'll win again cheesy cheesy

~ProsidentBuhari

5 Likes

Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:27am On Mar 28, 2019
Stop smoking Ashish?
Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by MrPENIS(m): 6:27am On Mar 28, 2019
Fresh troubles

3 Likes

Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by Realdeals(m): 6:28am On Mar 28, 2019
PDM has a valid case, even though many may consider the party inconsequential.

7 Likes

Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 28, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Stupid man.he don scam his church members. Go and waste it in the court
Peacemaker5129:
Check well he is a e-bow man
lapazi:
All these political parties that don't even have a single representation at any level of government should be scrapped!!!

izuch:
Why are they wasting their time and money? Buhari don win be say him don win, he would rather die than vacate that seat
iammo:

grin

Abuse of court process, everyone filing law suit anyhow and overwhelming our already stretched judicial system.. Even PDM that barely got little vote for their relative similarity to PDP's acronym and color.

Am sure the few votes they got were meant for PDP , only that some voters had eye defects ir voted hastily

fredoooooo:
Who be this one again ? It's you use ya head hit wall for dream or in reality ..... this is the next level wailing i voted for . Una go wail till all if una enter market , Awon werey deede .. Good morning and SAI BABA BUHARI grin grin

See my Naija People & their Orientation sad

With this kinda people in Naija, I can confirm that Nigerians are one of the toughest people to Lead in the world.

Damn sad

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by bcashy: 6:29am On Mar 28, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This one don go smoke expired weed!
Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by TGM2015: 6:30am On Mar 28, 2019
Sponsored case.
Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by tstx(m): 6:30am On Mar 28, 2019
Funny....

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by afoltundeseen(f): 6:30am On Mar 28, 2019
Fire burn them

1 Like

Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by abumeinben(m): 6:30am On Mar 28, 2019
Seriously, these subparties should "collate" together against 2023. Let this year "selection" be the end of APCPDP dynasty.
Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by Xclusiveanalyst: 6:30am On Mar 28, 2019
Fresh election? you de craze
Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by shanaka4u(m): 6:32am On Mar 28, 2019
In law,it is actually a strong reason to have an election set aside.But I doubt if the court will take in such point and order for a fresh election based on the prevailing situation and the need to prevent political instability.

4 Likes

Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by omokayode9258(m): 6:33am On Mar 28, 2019
So they think our judiciary system is so free that there are no better things to gt engaged wt abi. Kwontinue

1 Like

Re: PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll by J4JUVENTUS(m): 6:34am On Mar 28, 2019
This must be police party....with this touch light eh...
Pdp never fit ,na touch light wan do am?....We're watching the drama anyways...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo Governor, Akeredolu Dissolves His Cabinet / Gbenga Daniel Celebrates 59th Birthday / Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.