Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State (13204 Views)

Rivers Relaxes Curfew In Oyigbo, Now 7PM To 6AM / Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches / COVID-19: Niger State Relaxes Curfew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:49am On May 16, 2021
Gov Wike relaxes curfew in parts of Rivers as security agencies apprehend attackers of policePublished on

The Rivers State government has relaxed the curfew imposed on two local government areas.

The curfew is no to run between 8:30pm to 6am daily.

The affected local government areas include Obio/Akpor and Port Harcourt city.

Governor Nyesom Wike in a statewide broadcast on Saturday said the reviewed time for the curfew in the two local governments will take effect from Sunday 16 May 2021.

He said the latest decision was approved by the state security council after a review of the security situation in the state.

In his words “after yet another review of the prevailing security situation and in particular, the effect of the curfew on our citizens, the State Security Council has decided to relax the curfew time a little for Obio/Akpor and Port Harcourt Local Government Areas only”.

“Consequently, the current night time curfew in Port Harcourt and Obio/Akpor Local Government Areas will now be effective from 8.30 pm to 6.00am from Sunday 16th May 2021, while the prevailing 7.00pm to 6.00am curfew continues to apply to the rest of the 21 Local Government Areas of the state until further notice”.

The Governor also announced that security agencies have been directed to enforce the curfew and prosecute defaulters.

Governor Wike further disclosed that “all those responsible for the premeditated and brutal ambushes and murders of security personnel in the state have been apprehended and are now facing the bitter venom of the law”

”None that is proven to be criminally liable will escape the fury and crushing impact of justice”.

He also assured citizens that his administration is ready to decisively deal with any security threat in the state.
https://dailypost.ng/2021/05/15/gov-wike-relaxes-curfew-in-parts-of-rivers-as-security-agencies-apprehend-attackers-of-police/

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by NwaNimo1(m): 9:50am On May 16, 2021

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by Uteghe(m): 9:59am On May 16, 2021
Kanu's idol is drinking Igbo blood like water while Kanu relaxes on multiple soft breasts in far away UK. Inukwam!

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by yanabasee1(m): 10:06am On May 16, 2021
Wike doesn't know that he will one day be out of that office ........ Sometimes I wonder if this is what Patience Jonathan was fighting everyone to impose on the entire Rivers state people.....

15 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by longetivity(m): 10:17am On May 16, 2021
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by Markbrowny: 11:34am On May 16, 2021
yanabasee1:
Wike doesn't know that he will one day be out of that office ........ Sometimes I wonder if this is what Patience Jonathan was fighting everyone to impose on the entire Rivers state people.....

You are ignorant. Stop spilling trash out of hate for our dear Governor Nyesom Wike.

We voted for Gov Wike, We Rivers People Love Him and we are proud of his works.

Those of you who want to destabilize Rivers state, we will continue to come after you.

Rivers people are strongly behind Mr. Project.

Our governor doesn’t take the security of his people for granted.

God bless Gov. Wike.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by Profsam1002: 12:26pm On May 16, 2021
Are you looking for a graphic designer or someone who cartoon?
Say hi NOW!
0+8-1'3.0_3*1:8;0"9/9
Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by ArewaNightmare: 12:26pm On May 16, 2021
grin PDP version of BUHARI hahahaha

Go and repair Roads in oyingbo

11 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by Simplyleo: 12:27pm On May 16, 2021
I think Riverians should give credit to this fearless Gov always checking every nooks and crannies in search of any ipob pig lurking around to destabilize the security of the state.

He has kept ipob pigs at bay and his body language is saying the man will never allow any nonsense from criminals.

This man deserves a shot at the presidency or at least vice.

That lying Chinese obiliar can never be my president or vice, laye

8 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by pedro4hope(m): 12:27pm On May 16, 2021
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by DropsMic(m): 12:28pm On May 16, 2021
That's good
Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by Hogan17: 12:29pm On May 16, 2021
K
Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by Harbeeorlar(m): 12:29pm On May 16, 2021
Confused somebody. Relaxed in the 2 LGAs that holds the economic hub of the state. Others can go to hell.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by GreaterFuture(m): 12:31pm On May 16, 2021
Let the laws be sensible and Appropriately Flexible
Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:33pm On May 16, 2021
Instead of addressing the root causes of the attacks by UGM, they are chasing shadows
Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by gawu1: 12:38pm On May 16, 2021
ArewaNightmare:
grin PDP version of BUHARI hahahaha

Go and repair Roads in oyigbo
Oyigbo is majorly Igbo settled area. So let ipob pig developers go develop the area

I stand with Nigeria and Wike.
Hitler was right.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by Kinematics: 12:39pm On May 16, 2021
Markbrowny:

You are ignorant. Stop spilling trash out of hate for our dear Governor Nyesom Wike.

Those of you who want to destabilize Rivers state, we will continue to come after you.

God bless Gov. Wike.

God bless you.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by Cholls(m): 12:39pm On May 16, 2021
My brother will Wike lo ni kokoro mortuary ohun loshi ohun loti
Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by Etizz: 12:39pm On May 16, 2021
Better....the state is becoming something else with that curfew...
Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by Kinematics: 12:40pm On May 16, 2021
gawu1:

Oyingbo is majorly Igbo settled area. So let ipob pig developers go develop the area

I stand with Nigeria and Wike.

What is Oyingbo? I only know Oyigbo....

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 12:42pm On May 16, 2021
Sail on D1,we pin with you,dem no go fit leak our ship, no body punu angry
Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by HimName: 12:43pm On May 16, 2021
Thank you Nyesom.

We PDP south east chapter are solidly behind you.

UGM, IPOB terrorist group, killer herdsmen deserves to be crushed to oblivion.

Birth no eyelid as regards their online apologist. They are noting but toothless Ekukes.

I learnt no one drinks Kanu's urine on a regular and still possess the wherewithal to maintain a sane head and mind.

Wike na man you be.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by FiverrTutor(m): 12:44pm On May 16, 2021
[s]
Markbrowny:

God bless Gov. Wike.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by Kinematics: 12:44pm On May 16, 2021
Harbeeorlar:
Confused somebody. Relaxed in the 2 LGAs that holds the economic hub of the state. Others can go to hell.

So those are the only 2 that holds the economy of Rivers? Eleme, Bonny, Orashi region, Oyigbo and other communities that holds the economic lifeline of the state are not hubs?
If you don't understand how matters of security work in Rivers just keep quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by gawu1: 12:45pm On May 16, 2021
Kinematics:

What is Oyingbo? I only know Oyigbo....
Don't blame me for making that spelling error because I'm not ipob pigs
Se bi I no try? cheesy cheesy
Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by RobbStark(m): 12:46pm On May 16, 2021
yanabasee1:

So if he leaves office one day what then will happen?

Just stay in your hut and be spewing trash.
Wike is our gov, and any means taken to sterm the attacks on security forces is welcomed in Port Harcourt.

Say whatever you like, nothing I repeat, nothing will touch him even after he leaves office.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Relaxes Curfew In Parts Of Rivers State by Oharina(m): 12:46pm On May 16, 2021
I hate this gayish man with passion

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board / Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land / 9 Biafra War Machine Dat Mak Is Hard For Nigeria To Defeat Dem During Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.