Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State (25395 Views)

Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga / The NYSC 2019 Batch A Mobilization Time Table Is Finally Out / Lanre Amu: ‘My NYSC Experience At 54' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 9:52am On Apr 10, 2019
Mikocake:
I must admit this is scary
How please?
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 9:54am On Apr 10, 2019
I sincerely wonder how a bed from Osun enter Kwara.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by Mikocake(m): 1:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
calculator123:
How please?
the whole place looks unkempt

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
Mikocake:
the whole place looks unkempt
That is why it is called a camp, a camp can't have 5 star VIP treatment you know.
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by Mikocake(m): 2:22pm On Apr 10, 2019
calculator123:

That is why it is called a camp, a camp can't have 5 star VIP treatment you know.
I understand but at same time it shouldn't be like kirikiri prison

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2019
Mikocake:
I understand but at same time it shouldn't be like kirikiri prison
lol the camp is actually old. it was built in 1986. I get your point Sha

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by jimmyroger: 10:41am On Apr 16, 2019
Make sure u guys have a better ppa while coming out oo... Best of luck

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by kedaj(m): 12:09pm On Apr 17, 2019
I was also in platoon 5 at yikpata camp 3years ago and we share similar experience..
Yikpata camp is the worst in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by missyojo(f): 8:59am On Apr 18, 2019
Op, come and continue ooo. Which ppa where you posted to in Kwara State?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by 50scent: 9:38am On Apr 19, 2019
*Corper wee*✌

Don't go broke trying to impress those wouldn't even matter again in the next two weeks. Spend wisely. Peace✌

*MEANWHILE RE-LOCATION STILL MADE EASY!!!*

Its never too late even after camp is over. There is still a way. Look around you, and tell me if you want to stay or move. The 3months wait you were told in camp is just a formality. Trust me, I've been there. Time waits for no man, make a decision today. Meanwhile Congratulations to those that have trusted us thus far with their *NYSC DIRECT POSTING* (influenced directly to preferred state before camp), *NYSC RE-POSTING* (Changing your state of deployment to your preferred state before camp). And so Please for those that still want to *RE-LOCATE/RE-DEPLOY* from their current state of deployment (Whether *BATCH A 2019* or *BATCH C 2018* , the door is still very much opened. Kindly hit me up on 090-79500705 or chat me up personally now asap 070-30106829. I'll be more than willing to entertain all your questions. Peace✌
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by jimmyroger: 11:31pm On Apr 26, 2019
If u re posted to ilorin south.. There is a room for rent at tanke in ilorin for ilorin corp. Members... Its close to government day secondary school at tanke.. Buzz me on 07033955588 if interested
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:08am On Jun 15, 2019
calculator123:
Okada drop me here .
I am going go share with you guys my journey thus far as a PCM at Yikpata camp in Kwara State.
My journey began on the 27/03/19 being Wednesday. We booked a bus straight from Oshodi to Yikpata for 3,500naira and we were 14 in number.
When I told people that I was posted to Kwara, they said no be Kwara were dey Lagos backyard. Those people really missed the point oh. I spent 9 good hours on transit to camp, my yansh was in Sifia pains.
Got to camp around 7pm and started registration same day.
You queue before getting on the queue, it was stressful exercise. At 9pm, the officials told us to return today being Thursday to continue the process after wasting 2hours doing nothing chai. I was pained.

IF IT AIN'T STRESSFUL, IT AIN'T NIGERIAN
p
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by Gracito(f): 1:40am On Jun 15, 2019
VICTORCIZA:
please sir your attention needed.i just found I was posted to kwara.sir how is the bathing life like.how they bath.the bathroom condition

I was posted there too. I've never been more scared with the stories I've been reading here
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by WeighWordSon(m): 8:32am On Jun 15, 2019
Gracito:

I was posted there too. I've never been more scared with the stories I've been reading here

Smiles. Not to worry, you'd be fine. You'd see!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 10:01am On Jun 15, 2019
VICTORCIZA:
please sir your attention needed.i just found I was posted to kwara.sir how is the bathing life like.how they bath.the bathroom condition
You will most likely bathe as early as 3-4am using the bush. Buy enough buckets so you can fetch morning and night simultaneously.
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 10:02am On Jun 15, 2019
kedaj:
I was also in platoon 5 at yikpata camp 3years ago and we share similar experience..
Yikpata camp is the worst in Nigeria..
Agreed
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 10:03am On Jun 15, 2019
missyojo:
Op, come and continue ooo. Which ppa where you posted to in Kwara State?
I was posted to a secondary school in Gbugbu community under EDU LGA.
Were you in Yikpata too?
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 10:04am On Jun 15, 2019
Gracito:

This stories were much scarier but not to worry, you will survive intact lol.
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by Gracito(f): 10:07am On Jun 15, 2019
calculator123:

This stories were much scarier but not to worry, you will survive intact lol.
Lol
Thank you
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by Gracito(f): 10:08am On Jun 15, 2019
WeighWordSon:

Smiles. Not to worry, you'd be fine. You'd see!
Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 10:12am On Jun 15, 2019
nelkon9999:
pray they don't post you to patigi, baritone, Kaiama and edu because if they do, forget about going home until after service
I never understood this comment until we were posted to our various PPA's. The aforementioned places can take an extra 5-8hours drive from Yikpata camp. You will leave kwara, enter states like Osun and still return back to Kwara. Kwara na big state o in terms of large landmass.
Edu isn't too far though, it happens to be the closest spanning from Tsaragu down to Lafiagi.
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 10:15am On Jun 15, 2019
Starboytwo:
So no f.uck things... Sad
F*ck things dey but you have to be extra smart with it. It has to be a quicky in the bush mostly at night. Just pray you don't get caught by the soldiers alias sojo.
Fact is, even the sojos will bang many of the camp babes too but in a coded manner.
Here is my unsolicited advice, hold bodi o because you no go die if you no bang for 3weeks
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 10:30am On Jun 15, 2019
Gracito:
Lol Thank you
You are welcome to the State of Harmony lol
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2019
I really need to finish what I have started. I had forgotten about this thread if not that Pacho brought it to my notice.

Here are some advices for PCM in Kwara State.
1) If you aren't used to eating not so well cooked food from the kitchen, bring enough money or better still leave them in your account and bring along your ATM card.

2) Bring gadgets like touch light, powerbanks, At least 2 pairs of white shorts, white socks and white shirts.

3) Buy your buckets when you get to Ilorin before you board a can to camp from Maraba Park.

4) Pack light, don't bring all your clothes here because aside Sundays (till 5pm) and night time, you are going to be on your white and white which is the standard for NYSC camps. Failure to wear the uniform, you will surely run into problem with the soldiers and camp director

5) Bring your first aid kit too. The camp will surely have red Cross personnels on ground but it won't be a bad idea to have drugs like paracetamol/Panadol, spirit, plaster or even bandages with you. Injures can happen and you will need to take care of yourself first to avoid the situation from deteriorating.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 10:39am On Jun 15, 2019
For the soccer lovers like myself, don't forget your boots, shin guards and gloves (for keepers). Ensure your represent your Platoon and you might be lucky to win Silver if not even gold. I won silver by the way, lost the final by a painful lone goal.
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 10:47am On Jun 15, 2019
When the camp is done, you will be posted to your various PPA's(that is if you don't redeploy/relocate).

This process just like any other process in Nigeria can be influenced with the right amount of money.

Belonging to some groups like being the head of the band team, being your Platoon leader and platoon executive can work things in your favour so you get the best PPA's located in Ilorin, Omuaran or even Offa.

If can't put in the work, make your money do the job.

If you are sharp, you will notice the figure heads who can influence this process especially those in the ICT department. It might cost you within 10-20k like during my time.

If you are like me who doesn't care about were you get posted too, just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best while expecting the worst.

This camp made me understood that corruption has eaten deep into the Nigerian system much more than I even imagined.

Be courteous and respectful to everyone in camp especially those you see in the kitchen and your Platoon inspector. Most of them are Local government inspectors in their respective local government and they will be in charge during your monthly clearance and every other activities within that LGA.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 10:56am On Jun 15, 2019
You can change your PPA if it doesn't meet a standard you require. This would mean telling/or manipulating your employers to give you a letter of rejection.

You will take this letter to the LGI who will then repost to another PPA under that same LGA.

This is actually a 50-50 thing, if the relationship between your LGI and employer is covalent like, the probability of changing tends towards zero. Some employers sort the so called LGI's to bring in corpers and they won't want to renege on their initial agreement.

If the relationship is Vanderwaal - like, things becomes easy. However, the draw back is this, most best PPA might have been taken. So you may actually be leaving fire for frypan. You have to do your due diligence before taking this decision, this singular decision can make or mar your entire service year no joke.
Example, one of the guys we both got sent to my PPA wanted a reject and after discussing with the principal, he got his wish but got posted to a thick bush about 3 hours drive to my PPA. The standard of living there is beyond terrible, now he wished he didn't change PPA. Just be extra careful

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 10:59am On Jun 15, 2019
You are most likely to be posted to a school, whether it is a secondary or primary boils down to Providence. Although Engineering graduate ought to be posted to engineering firms but this is Nigeria where we break laws and go Scot free.

I will like to stop here till I remember more details. Feel free to ask questions and I will try to respond to the best of my abilities.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 15, 2019
Please how much does Hospital management board pay paramedics like Optometrist or pharmacy.
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by Olalekank(m): 9:33pm On Jun 15, 2019
calculator123:
I really need to finish what I have started. I had forgotten about this thread if not that Pacho brought it to my notice.

Here are some advices for PCM in Kwara State.
1) If you aren't used to eating not so well cooked food from the kitchen, bring enough money or better still leave them in your account and bring along your ATM card.

2) Bring gadgets like touch light, powerbanks, At least 2 pairs of white shorts, white socks and white shirts.

3) Buy your buckets when you get to Ilorin before you board a can to camp from Maraba Park.

4) Pack light, don't bring all your clothes here because aside Sundays (till 5pm) and night time, you are going to be on your white and white which is the standard for NYSC camps. Failure to wear the uniform, you will surely run into problem with the soldiers and camp director

5) Bring your first aid kit too. The camp will surely have red Cross personnels on ground but it won't be a bad idea to have drugs like paracetamol/Panadol, spirit, plaster or even bandages with you. Injures can happen and you will need to take care of yourself first to avoid the situation from deteriorating.
Boss

I see you

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by calculator123(m): 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2019
Olalekank:
Boss

I see you
I no be boss oh. Na corper lasan lasan I be.
Re: My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State by shem4soul: 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2019
calculator123:
When the camp is done, you will be posted to your various PPA's(that is if you don't redeploy/relocate).

This process just like any other process in Nigeria can be influenced with the right amount of money.

Belonging to some groups like being the head of the band team, being your Platoon leader and platoon executive can work things in your favour so you get the best PPA's located in Ilorin, Omuaran or even Offa.

If can't put in the work, make your money do the job.

If you are sharp, you will notice the figure heads who can influence this process especially those in the ICT department. It might cost you within 10-20k like during my time.

If you are like me who doesn't care about were you get posted too, just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best while expecting the worst.

This camp made me understood that corruption has eaten deep into the Nigerian system much more than I even imagined.

Be courteous and respectful to everyone in camp especially those you see in the kitchen and your Platoon inspector. Most of them are Local government inspectors in their respective local government and they will be in charge during your monthly clearance and every other activities within that LGA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms / NYSC 2016 Batch ‘B’ Online Registration For Orientation Course Notice / Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.