Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court (35375 Views)

2019 NNPC Recruitment CBT Nationwide Fixed For June 1 / NNPC Recruitment Criteria Exclude Graduates From Poor Homes, Says NANS / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by BrokenCock: 10:47am On Mar 28, 2019
wethebest:
This a mere formality. The abokis nd other politicians children alrdy filled d positions. NNPC employs everyday without test. Jst submit ur info as long d directive have b given. Come to abuja nd see hw dese ppl re using all federal establishment like family biz.
u are right bro
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by millionboi2: 11:21am On Mar 28, 2019
paymentvoucher:
grin *PELUMI OLAJENGBESI looking for Public Stunt after suffering massive defeat under PDP in Osun State*

SPIT!

Anyways, I didn't bother to apply cos I know the positions advertised are not vacant. sad
) hahahaha

Datz how thy will be giving ppl fake hope.
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by millionboi2: 11:24am On Mar 28, 2019
wethebest:
This a mere formality. The abokis nd other politicians children alrdy filled d positions. NNPC employs everyday without test. Jst submit ur info as long d directive have b given. Come to abuja nd see hw dese ppl re using all federal establishment like family biz.
I bliv u bro.....I know of a guy who got employd with ssce into nnpc.
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by oforjide: 11:28am On Mar 28, 2019
Nigeria should condemn this NNPC conditions for its appliction, this their conditions discouraged me from applying. I had second class lower in petroleum engineering and i'm in my early 30s and many people are in my condition so in my on opining they should amend the condition at least drop the issue of masters and the age limit should be extended to 40yrs so that all petroleum engineering graduates with first degree will have a chance to participate so pls let join hands together to support this man.this issue is beyond tribalism
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by oforjide: 11:45am On Mar 28, 2019
samsard:
You guys are funny, graduate trainee positions are meant to recruit from a pool of fresh graduates, and no top organisation will make its requirement the very bare minimum.

And hey, these criterias help bring down the number of candidates a recruiter has to deal with. Las Las they can't take everyone, so why for example should they have to deal with the extra cost? And before you take your frustration out on me, I have been a victim of this so called age discrimination. But the reality on ground, has ensured we now have to live with these things.
for the past 10yrs NNPC has done any recruitment so why are they attaching all these harsh conditions assuming their emloyment is two or three yrs interval attaching all these conditions shouldn't have been a problem to people becos they ought to have known their requirement.
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by objobj: 12:13pm On Mar 28, 2019
samsard:
You guys are funny, graduate trainee positions are meant to recruit from a pool of fresh graduates, and no top organisation will make its requirement the very bare minimum.

And hey, these criterias help bring down the number of candidates a recruiter has to deal with. Las Las they can't take everyone, so why for example should they have to deal with the extra cost? And before you take your frustration out on me, I have been a victim of this so called age discrimination. But the reality on ground, has ensured we now have to live with these things.

shame on you. so this is the only way of reducing cost or discourage many people from applying?
the set criteria even negate the NNPC in-house standard requirements.
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by objobj: 12:19pm On Mar 28, 2019
bujebudanu1:

Who are you oga?

The graduate trainee age bracket is fair sef.28 for graduate trainee shocked

KPMG recruits fresh graduate not more than 26
Total and mobil 2.1 and first class and so on.
Different organizations with different criterias

not govt establishment requesting for masters.
when does master become minimum requirement?

I have seen a job post advising degree holders not to apply.

We all know they did that to reduce the number of applicants.

Good luck with you and your lawyer on the case.

1 Like

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by EngrOsas93(m): 12:34pm On Mar 28, 2019
Na the same mouth wen you take support NNPC you go take curse dem later after all the stress....Anyway me I just dey here with my drink grin wink grin
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by samsard(m): 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2019
objobj:

shame on you. so this is the only way of reducing cost or discourage many people from applying?
the set criteria even negate the NNPC in-house standard requirements.
Even if they let grandfathers apply, they'll still take the same number.
Oga, don't stress me please. We Nigerians always have a chop make I chop problem. I fall victim to age requirements too, they have to do what they have to do even I'm pained, I move on with my life.
A certain recruitment invitation was extended to shortlisted candidates, I was among. But the minute they made it free for all, I knew everything was going to be messed up, and it happened.
You can join them in protesting the decision if you feel you're suffering an injustice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Bodylicious: 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2019
Now you see how greedy you are. Why put 40 years as the age limit. What will happen to those who are 41,42,45 etc.you are just selfish. You want it to favour you because you are in your early 30s. The age limit is fine by me because they are trying to reduce the number of applicant.
oforjide:
Nigeria should condemn this NNPC conditions for its appliction, this their conditions discouraged me from applying. I had second class lower in petroleum engineering and i'm in my early 30s and many people are in my condition so in my on opining they should amend the condition at least drop the issue of masters and the age limit should be extended to 40yrs so that all petroleum engineering graduates with first degree will have a chance to participate so pls let join hands together to support this man.this issue is beyond tribalism

4 Likes

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Donfasa: 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2019
for your NNPC aptitude test questions and answers Watsap me on 08021095155
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by SpearHead: 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2019
Get a copy of a richly compiled NNPC past questions and answers for Graduate Trainee here

https://www.studentshub.com.ng/book/nnpc-recruitment-test-past-questions-and-answers and for experienced hire here

https://www.studentshub.com.ng/book/nnpc-experienced-hire-questions-and-answers-manual
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by zidek(m): 4:37pm On Mar 28, 2019
Me i have masters in animal science, i dnt know whether i will be favour, my girl friend dump me last week for another man because i can't meet her necessary needs and I'm already 30years!
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Ibrahim099: 6:05pm On Mar 28, 2019
They said 1 percent of the total 26 million applicants might eventually be successfully taken. Please my people? What is one percent of 26 million? I want to believe that they know what they are talking about by that?
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2019
ticoticotico:
And yet Buhari who is the minister is over 70 and not even a graduate, now tell me why I must be patriotic to Nigeria, tell me why is school not a scam
samsard:

Buhari is 80 something years old.Is he not old enough to contest for an elective position considering his old age since you are saying age should be a barrier to get a government job?Btw,did nnpc conducted screening when it first did it secret employment 2 years ago?
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 28, 2019
zidek:
Me i have masters in animal science, i dnt know whether i will be favour, my girl friend dump me last week for another man because i can't meet her necessary needs and I'm already 30years!
This is not a romance section to be posting girlfriend matter.This is a job section.
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 28, 2019
All of una dey craze.Buhari who is the minister of petroleum is over 80 years and without primary school certificate.Thus,he is unqualified.
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by samsard(m): 8:44pm On Mar 28, 2019
comshots:
Buhari is 80 something years old.Is he not old enough to contest for an elective position considering his old age since you are saying age should be a barrier to get a government job?Btw,did nnpc conducted screening when it first did it secret employment 2 years ago?
Don't be unreasonable, even the United States has a retirement age. Do you think that they've never had Presidents and governors well above that age? Can't remember Trump's age, but I'm sure he isn't 21.
CEOs of fortune 500 companies can be well over 65 (if I'm not mistaken), but I'm sure they don't recruit entry level staff above certain age, or do they.
Anyway, what will be wil be. I don't have a say in the process, everything here is my individual opinion, just that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Kheney89: 10:15am On Mar 29, 2019
samsard:

Just my thought too!
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by OgaBuhari: 11:00am On Mar 29, 2019
Bodylicious:
Now you see how greedy you are. Why put 40 years as the age limit. What will happen to those who are 41,42,45 etc.you are just selfish. You want it to favour you because you are in your early 30s. The age limit is fine by me because they are trying to reduce the number of applicant.
pls what's the age limit
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by jackals(f): 10:05am On Apr 15, 2019
zidek:

Sorry bro, you too find job
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by subcbouy: 10:59am On Apr 15, 2019
Na only when it comes to federal govt jobs these lawyers dey get muscles?
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by 2oyo: 10:42pm On Jun 05, 2019
;
zidek:

grin grin grin
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by krypton: 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2019
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by engrnic: 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
The lawyer in question is funny. This is quite hypocritical,I guess he is aware that even banks take a lower age limit for GT positions. Perhaps he is pained that the process didn't favour him or his associates. For crying out loud, 28 years for a GT position is good. I see nothing wrong with the criteria. For God's sake every firm has its recruitment policies, even the law firm our "activist lawyer" belongs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Break Down On The Pre-selection Process, Please Read Imagine Below Carefully. / Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? / 5 Deadly Sins To Avoid At Job Interviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.