Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,706 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane (44180 Views)

Meet Nwando Phina Okpaleke The Airpeace Pilot Who Landed An Airplane In Anambra / My First Time Onboard An Airplane / See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by rOsy247(f): 6:32am On Mar 29, 2019
TechCapon:
it records voice and sound in the cockpit in the last 2 hours. After which it will keep erasing and recording. This means anytime you open it, you'll find sound recorded in the last 2 hours before the plane crashed

OK so what did they discover in the black box of the Ethiopian plane crash? What caused the crash?
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by valuedammy(m): 6:33am On Mar 29, 2019
This is the most informative writeup on Nairaland....Techcapon I doff my hat for you.

1 Like

Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by israelmao(m): 6:37am On Mar 29, 2019
In the case where the crashed plane is not found and Black Box is no where to be found the full detail of the crash might not be ascertained.Good write-up.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by lolaben(m): 6:38am On Mar 29, 2019
Hmmm. The black box is more secured than the lives in the plane. I wish they could also make planes with the features of the black box such that even when they crash, no life will be lost. God will always protect us. It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by DWJOBScom(m): 6:39am On Mar 29, 2019
fk001:
Now I know.

Thanks.

But they should rather invent something useful that will prevent the plane from crashing. To me it is useless when lives are already lost.

It also provides good analytics for future designs, situations or updates to safety rules and policies.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Emycord: 6:39am On Mar 29, 2019
I thinks nigeria elections need a black box too from the polling units to ward; to local government; to national center . who else is with me?

1 Like

Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Offpoint1: 6:41am On Mar 29, 2019
Topmaike007:
you're right bro at least sit down close to the window at the fore back grin
lol, me as dey plane dey do wan kind wan kind I go break the window jump out... I fit luckily land on something soft.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Kingjames(m): 6:45am On Mar 29, 2019
izzou:
smiley

Very informative

Question: How large is the memory of the "black box"? Is there an option of erasing past data on it? Or it keeps recording until the plane goes to rest?
guy na ur type the take first position for college with your insightful question

una dey give lecturer tough time
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by lettalktrue(m): 6:48am On Mar 29, 2019
Very educative and informative post.
The German Wing pilot though!
how on earth will he intentionally crashed the plane and wasted a lots of lives just like that still baffles me.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Kingjames(m): 6:49am On Mar 29, 2019
preciousosas1:
What's a "peg"?
like round peg in a square hole
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by 10kgod(m): 6:49am On Mar 29, 2019
Tuale sir @Op
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Topmaike007(m): 6:49am On Mar 29, 2019
Offpoint1:

lol, me as dey plane dey do wan kind wan kind I go break the window jump out... I fit luckily land on something soft.
your monicker says alot about you cheesy jump out ke grin
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 29, 2019
MrBONE2:
Thanks TechCapon grin

Your gist have really help,since you said that Black Box is placed toward tail end of the plane,It would be more adversable for We BoneBeing to only Book for last seat which is more closer to the BLACK BOX so that if any Catastrophy should incase occur we would be at save hand than the rest passengers ..Emmm what amma thinking grin grin grin

Hahaha, not gonna lie, I was thinking about this as well grin
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Teejay13(m): 6:51am On Mar 29, 2019
Informative indeed...
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Justinba1997(m): 6:56am On Mar 29, 2019
Hmm Interesting Thanks For Sharing Dis.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Emmanuel226(m): 7:01am On Mar 29, 2019
wow thats interesting
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 29, 2019
because they are God abi
fk001:
Now I know.

Thanks.

But they should rather invent something useful that will prevent the plane from crashing. To me it is useless when lives are already lost.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Emmanuel226(m): 7:04am On Mar 29, 2019
nice exposition
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by shina49: 7:05am On Mar 29, 2019
fk001:
Now I know.

Thanks.

see as u de think with ur anus...if they had a better idea u wont be the one to teach them
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Levelsmack: 7:06am On Mar 29, 2019
So informative

But why are passengers not allowed to jump out with parachute during some plane mis functions
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Emmanuel226(m): 7:07am On Mar 29, 2019
you must be a pilot
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Kingjames(m): 7:08am On Mar 29, 2019
DavilleBadt:
Why cant plane manufacturers make d body of planes as strong as dat of d black box covers
the cost of the materials is always considered in manufacturing.

secondly, the weight of the materials is also consider in plane manufacturing.

Titanium and alloys of steel are heavy materials
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Emmanuel226(m): 7:08am On Mar 29, 2019
when u see responsible people u will know
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by aladinrin(m): 7:10am On Mar 29, 2019
Nice piece of information
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Asebaba1(m): 7:13am On Mar 29, 2019
fk001:
Now I know.

Thanks.

Or a pod that can withstand the worst heat and hit.

1 Like

Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Uglymugg: 7:21am On Mar 29, 2019
fk001:
Now I know.

Thanks.

The mind of a black man. Hysterical grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Kevinsamba: 7:22am On Mar 29, 2019
MrHighSea:

Now I step in.

Fighter jets are flew by fighters. The fighter pilots pass thru rugged simulations and they are combat certified. They are good marksmen. Shoot a fighter pilot down, he changes to guerrilla, war continues. The prominent safety gadjet in jets is the ejector seats, others are that dy wear parachutes while flying, technology behind the helmet of F-35 is still classified. These jets passengers are the missiles, enough electronics to enable "ghost mode" as I call it or evade radar detection and encourage precision. For 4k sake, a fighter pilot is expected to eject out of his seat once in his life time. Second attempt can render his vertebra/spinal cord useless.

Integrating the safety measures on d blackbox in the liner itself, will màke d jet very heavy for commercial use. These companies are out to make money. More passengers, more money. Concorde was designed as a military jet, read up why it was retired.

God, I love jets.
was Concorde actually designed as a military jet? Or do you say so because of its speed of mach 2
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by BankyGee(m): 7:28am On Mar 29, 2019
wiseone28:
why can't the plane be made to withstand crash like the black box
I've asked myself the same question too grin
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by stanval02: 7:30am On Mar 29, 2019
Information is power.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by TechCapon(m): 7:30am On Mar 29, 2019
valuedammy:
This is the most informative writeup on Nairaland....Techcapon I doff my hat for you.
I greet you brother

1 Like

Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by TechCapon(m): 7:32am On Mar 29, 2019
SaturnNick:
thanks techcapon... But why cant the plane itself be covered in strong steel and titanium case too?
it will make the plane too heavy to fly

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints / My Trip To The Asian Side Of Istanbul Turkey Pictures / Ongoing Anambra International Airport City Project: 3-D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.