Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane (44154 Views)

Meet Nwando Phina Okpaleke The Airpeace Pilot Who Landed An Airplane In Anambra / My First Time Onboard An Airplane / See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by naturefellow(m): 8:59am On Mar 29, 2019
Easily the most educative post today. Kudos TechCapon!
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by adanny01(m): 9:05am On Mar 29, 2019
MrBONE2:
Thanks TechCapon grin

Your gist have really help,since you said that Black Box is placed toward tail end of the plane,It would be more adversable for We BoneBeing to only Book for last seat which is more closer to the BLACK BOX so that if any Catastrophy should incase occur we would be at save hand than the rest passengers ..Emmm what amma thinking grin grin grin

Toilet dey back too, no forget. Most people rather sit next to the exit door especially the mid section exit door.

Most times on half filled flights, the rear seats are empty so you can help yourself.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Ameboperoo(m): 9:13am On Mar 29, 2019
fk001:
Now I know.

Thanks.

But they should rather invent something useful that will prevent the plane from crashing. To me it is useless when lives are already lost.
How will they prevent when they don't even know what causes it to crash?
That's why "a wise man looks back to ascertain what caused him to fall"
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by NurseJP(m): 9:16am On Mar 29, 2019
Very insightful✅
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by TechCapon(m): 9:26am On Mar 29, 2019
You're welcome
naturefellow:
Easily the most educative post today. Kudos TechCapon!
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by backtovillage: 9:26am On Mar 29, 2019
wiseone28:
why can't the plane be made to withstand crash like the black box
Add-on weight
bigger engine
huge cost
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by okonja(m): 9:31am On Mar 29, 2019
TechCapon:

However, the case of Malaysian airline MH370 is still a mystery that continued to shock the world. For over 2 years, there’s still no clue to where the plane is or what happened to the aeroplane.

My brother that plane probably entered a wormhole and they are living in another universe unknown to us now. cool
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by TechCapon(m): 9:34am On Mar 29, 2019
okonja:

My brother that plane probably entered a wormhole and they are living in another universe unknown to us now. cool
grin
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by stello(f): 9:34am On Mar 29, 2019
grin grin
MrBONE2:
Thanks TechCapon grin

Your gist have really help,since you said that Black Box is placed toward tail end of the plane,It would be more adversable for We BoneBeing to only Book for last seat which is more closer to the BLACK BOX so that if any Catastrophy should incase occur we would be at save hand than the rest passengers ..Emmm what amma thinking grin grin grin
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by pamibayo: 9:35am On Mar 29, 2019
Very educative. please do keep the good work.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Born2Breed(f): 9:35am On Mar 29, 2019
Thanks for the info
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Born2Breed(f): 9:35am On Mar 29, 2019
Thanks TechCapon for the info
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Shayooluwah(m): 9:36am On Mar 29, 2019
Donchukz:
I have been thinking about this ,can't the engineers just manufacture something that will automatically eject passengers automatically from the plane ✈,when a disastrous problem arises,or something that can cocoon all that's onboard the plane in the eventuality of accident.

Number one the system that would be needed to deploy the parachute system is very costly. Air travel is majorly about cutting costs.

Secondly the ejector system required for each parachute would be too heavy as it'll require fuel and a propulsion system. The added weight would mean more money spent of fuel for the airline, hence it'll increase cost.

Thirdly most passengers are not trained on how to handle emergency situations in the air let alone parachuting.

I'm sorry something cocooning up the plane would have to be a force field or something like that, and that's still science fiction for now. And we are not there yet technological, by the time we are able to do that. I don't think we'll need airplanes for travelling anymore.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by okonja(m): 9:37am On Mar 29, 2019
TechCapon:
grin

Yes na because if this you wrote about the orange box transmitting ultra-sound signal 14,000ft even in water is true then the plane has disappeared.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by TechCapon(m): 9:43am On Mar 29, 2019
Born2Breed:
Thanks TechCapon for the info
you're welcome my dear
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by TechCapon(m): 9:45am On Mar 29, 2019
okonja:

Yes na because if this you wrote about the orange box transmitting ultra-sound signal 14,000ft even in water is true then the plane has disappeared.
the plane's disappearance is the greatest mystery in aviation history
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by benphils: 9:47am On Mar 29, 2019
izzou:
smiley

Very informative

Question: How large is the memory of the "black box"? Is there an option of erasing past data on it? Or it keeps recording until the plane goes to rest?
...Beautiful questions, got me thinking too
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by oyejideogunjumo: 9:48am On Mar 29, 2019
TechCapon:
it records voice and sound in the cockpit in the last 2 hours. After which it will keep erasing and recording. This means anytime you open it, you'll find sound recorded in the last 2 hours before the plane crashed
What I heard or read(can't vividly remember again my source) was that it records full flight but automatically erased when the flight was successful and start automatically the next flight again
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by fishjam: 9:48am On Mar 29, 2019
fk001:
Now I know.

Thanks.

But they should rather invent something useful that will prevent the plane from crashing. To me it is useless when lives are already lost.

The information gotten from black boxes over the years have been useful in planning ahead and not repeating same mistake thereby saving million lives in future flights. Accidents are inevitable. Planes are still by far the safest means of transportation. You think Oyinbos are mumu like us?
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by JoanHicks(f): 9:49am On Mar 29, 2019
TechCapon:
so how can I get the peck? cheesy

grin grin

Put on your Bluetooth
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by okonja(m): 9:50am On Mar 29, 2019
TechCapon:
the plane's disappearance is the greatest mystery in aviation history

Maybe Area 51 can tell us more.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by TechCapon(m): 9:51am On Mar 29, 2019
oyejideogunjumo:
What I heard or read(can't vividly remember again my source) was that it records full flight but automatically erased when the flight was successful and start automatically the next flight again
but information about the full flight is not needed. What's needed for analysis is what happened in the final moment before the crash
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by izzou(m): 9:54am On Mar 29, 2019
TechCapon, maybe I'm asking for too much, but can you create a thread about the Missing Malaysian plane? sad

I can read it up online but I just want to read insightful comments here

Please sad
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Enyimbamercedes: 9:54am On Mar 29, 2019
fk001:
Now I know.

Thanks.

There is a reason why air travel is still the safest. Every crash, near miss, malfunction is investigated. The FDR and CVR ensure that they can get to the root cause and make sure it never reoccurs. Pilots and flight crew are retrained, ground crew as well. Manufacturing defects are also repaired.

SO it isn't actually useless
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by BillgatesMaigad(m): 10:09am On Mar 29, 2019
MrBONE2:
Thanks TechCapon grin

grin
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by equitorial1(m): 10:39am On Mar 29, 2019
[quote author=TechCapon post=77052994]TechCapon

4. THEY ARE INSTALLED NEAR THE TAIL OF THE PLANE

The plane manufacturers are so smart that they figured out most plane crashes usually occur from the front and not the back. They know that in order to protect the black box, they need to install it in a spot with the least impact during a crash. That spot is the tail region. The memory chips are covered in strong steel and titanium cases that are designed to withstand the worst crash

Yes, you heard me. The black box is fitted with its own beacons to enable them to transmit signals. This is very useful especially if the aircraft crashed inside a sea or ocean. It will transmit ultra-sound signals every second for 30 days. The signal is so powerful that it can travel through 14,000ft of water.

However, the case of Malaysian airline MH370 is still a mystery that continued to shock the world. For over 2 years, there’s still no clue to where the plane is or what happened to the aeroplane. This is why engineers are working on new technology that will not leave that data only in the black box but rather transmit those data real time to the ground through satellite. The issues this technology will face is the issue of privacy and cost. This is because there’s no need to get the flight data unless there’s a plane disaster. The pilot’s privacy will be violated.

6. #FUNFACT: THE NAME “BLACK BOX” IS NOT EVEN A RECOGNISED NAME IN THE AVIATION INDUSTRY

A lot of you may be wondering, “why is it called a black box when the colour is actually orange?”

I just learnt something
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Adewale1603(m): 10:40am On Mar 29, 2019
Topmaike007:
that's where parashoot came in
parashoot kor, parakill ni, is that how it's spelled
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by Shugah(f): 10:54am On Mar 29, 2019
TechCapon:
but information about the full flight is not needed. What's needed for analysis is what happened in the final moment before the crash

Thanks for this educative post op. I just had to go read on the German wings 2015 and more about the Malaysian airline MH370. The pilot that crashed the German wings (Andreas Lubitz) was suicidal and suffering from depression. It was a contemplated suicide that he took days to plan. Thanks a lot op.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by kings59: 10:57am On Mar 29, 2019
Plane accidents kinda very bad and horrific.

may 25, 2002 a chine air flight divided into several parts as a result of poor metal and maintenance.

Let parachutes be allocated on a plane and in case of emergency, people should use it. Train passengers if necessary before flight.

1 Like

Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by PcashMojo(m): 11:20am On Mar 29, 2019
fk001:
Now I know.

Thanks.

You mean they should have a sophisticated airbag that will wrap all passenger's on board when plane crash, plane crash is not usually caused by error in the plane components but rather human error has been responsible for majority of the crash, accident occur, plane, car and all automobile are likely to encounter it if recklessness and negligence is not put in check.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane by hartson(m): 11:22am On Mar 29, 2019
Topmaike007:
that's where parashoot came in
is parachute not parashoot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Terrible Accident At Obosi-nkpor Road Anambra; So Many Confirmed Dead (ph / Recent Images of Abeokuta Rail Terminal and the Surrounding Areas / A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.