Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Chevron Drilling Representatives: Why Was I Not Invited? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Chevron Drilling Representatives: Why Was I Not Invited? (746 Views)

2013 Chevron Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Chevron Nigeria Limited Industrial Training Opportunity / I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chevron Drilling Representatives: Why Was I Not Invited? by obiki(m): 7:04pm On Apr 27, 2007
fellow nairalanders, i applied for chevron drilling representatives and i was not invited for a test.

i have a b.eng (second class upper) degree in mining engineering, six months industrial training experience with Schlumberger Oilfield services in Port Harcourt, a certificate in survival at sea/helicopter underwater escape trainning (valid till october this year) and another in "introduction to schlumberger Petrel workflow tools". (for those that do not know, this software is used for geomodelling which i did as my thesis reseach topic.

i included all this documents in my application and was still not invited for the test.

the reasons i could come up with is perheps because i submitted on the last day, or because i have just started my service year (this is obvious by the 2007 date on my statement of result)

Please i need those that were invited for the test to shed some light as to what they added or did to get invited for the test. thanks
Re: Chevron Drilling Representatives: Why Was I Not Invited? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2007
Yeah I think that may not be true cos they are inviting in batches(i.e those 4rm lag then abj and then others) so it depends on then address on your cv if not you are overqualified
so dont worry, it happens u know.just be cool you will soon get tired of writing tests grin wink grin
Re: Chevron Drilling Representatives: Why Was I Not Invited? by thought: 8:20pm On Apr 27, 2007
obiki   you already have the answer. You can imagine a situation where thousands of people are writing an exam(2.1 and 2.2) how hectic it would be. of course the HR guys have a capacity they can handle(they are not machines and even at that). So by the time you had submitted, they most likely would have had the number of candidates they can handle. it should have been on a first come first serve basis. Except probably, they decided to put you in place of someone who submitted earlier. enthusiasm matters a lot you know , not just the grade.

(1) (Reply)

Having Problems With Writing Cover Letters? Then Read This! / Zenith / In Need Of Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.