Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,048 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu (14770 Views)

Prophet Joshua Iginla Prophesied About Buhari, Defection Saga In 2018 / Biodun Fatoyinbo Aka "Robust Reply" Visits Ibadan By Deji Yesufu / Stephanie Otobo's Apology To Apostle Suleman By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by hopefulLandlord: 9:30am On Mar 28, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

Wrongfully referencing the bible for ur selfish purposes! angry
"Wrongfully"? what's wrongful about it?

1 Like

Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by Unconquerable: 9:32am On Mar 28, 2019
No where in the Bible did Peter, John, Paul or any of the followers of Jesus define themselves as members of any particular sect of Christianity. They were simply followers of Jesus. And they were known as Christians. Much as some of what this fellow wrote is true, it is both preposterous and pathetic that he crucifies a certain sect as a scandal-ridden institution, which implies there is a better alternative. Could he be civil enough to tell me which?
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by IjebuWarrior: 9:32am On Mar 28, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

"Wrongfully"? what's wrongful about it?

The dp on ur profile says otherwise abt you but, nevertheless, you're just another bloody worshiper of dem daddy G.Os. angry

1 Like

Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by hopefulLandlord: 9:37am On Mar 28, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

The dp on ur profile says otherwise abt you but, nevertheless, you're just another bloody worshiper of dem daddy G.Os. angry

They deserve to be worshipped. God gave them to us for us to worship them. I'd take a bullet for them. glory be to daddy GO who drove from Ore to Lagos on empty tank

1 Like

Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by IjebuWarrior: 9:41am On Mar 28, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

They deserve to be worshipped. God gave them to us for us to worship them. I'd take a bullet for them. glory be to daddy GO who drove from Ore to Lagos on empty tank

Just imagine ur mentality... and you're wondering why Africa is >1000 Yrs behind all other races. angry

May Thunder fire you and all your daddy G.Os! angry

1 Like

Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by AngelicBeing: 10:00am On Mar 28, 2019
izzou:
grin

A pastor having a baby mama?? grin

Imagine a pastor like this, blessing the union of some other couple as marriage, when he is an adulterer. Chai grin

All adulterers will go to hell unless they repent. No be me talk am. Na Bible e dey grin
sad
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by hopefulLandlord: 10:12am On Mar 28, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

Just imagine ur mentality... and you're wondering why Africa is >1000 Yrs behind all other races. angry

May Thunder fire you and all your daddy G.Os! angry

do not speak of my GO like that. you might invite God's wrath

1 Like

Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by theoldpretender(m): 10:18am On Mar 28, 2019
deebrain:
Haba

Can you idiots allow this issue to go?

Jobless cowards.
Princeofnigeria:
Don't judge.

Imagine a Muslim masturbating in Christian issue, while their prophet from Saudi Arabia slept with a 12years old aisha

The bible is very clear about what constitutes the sin of adultery.

The bible is also very clear about the qualifications for leadership in the church.

Pastor Iginla has failed at both positions.

And you people are saying we should hide sin in the church because of some other religion's peccadilios .

The reason why we Christians are experiencing Boko Haram, Herdsmen, economic crisis, illness, etc, is because we are worshiping and defending our pastors when they sin. And because there is sin in the house, the devil is dancing azonto among Christians in our country.

Pastor Iginla and all the other pastors should repent. Even if they lose their ministry, they need Christ more than they need the adulation of crowds, the praise of men.

God's work will not suffer even. God can do his work without these men.

So, let us stop defending sin in the house. IT is even sad that it is a so called Muslim, a gentile, that is calling us out.

Forget all these 'Touch not my anointed' comments. That was used in refering to threats to the prophet's life. Calling a pastor or an anointed man to order about his sin is good work too.

Or was Nathan wrong when he called out David...God's anointed, a man who had had God's spirit moving in him during a time when the move of the Spirit was a rare thing, A man who was anointed by God via his servant Samuel...about his sin with Bathsheba. ? Should Nathan have kept quiet because David was 'God's anointed. and we should not judge?'

Stop worshiping pastors, and start following Jesus. Jesus won't let you down.

2 Likes

Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by ObaKlaz: 10:20am On Mar 28, 2019
Yes - Iginla screwed up. I agree with the writer's opinion... BUT, suggesting that Iginla should resign and quit ministry... I don't quite accept that. Art Azurdia quit ministry out of PERSONAL conviction, having exposed his own moral deficits, every minister of the gospel that 'falls' must not have to quit for good. Peter denied Christ thrice, became penitent and went back to his fishing profession, then the Lord found, restored and made him a cornerstone. True penitence, genuine repentance and DISCIPLINE should be emphasized, rather than seeking the ministerial demise of a minister of the gospel.
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by theoldpretender(m): 10:23am On Mar 28, 2019
Unconquerable:
No where in the Bible did Peter, John, Paul or any of the followers of Jesus define themselves as members of any particular sect of Christianity. They were simply followers of Jesus. And they were known as Christians. Much as some of what this fellow wrote is true, it is both preposterous and pathetic that he crucifies a certain sect as a scandal-ridden institution, which implies there is a better alternative. Could he be civil enough to tell me which?

All Pentecostal Christianity , and all their scandal ridden pastors need to do is to follow Jesus, repent of their sins, give up their obsession with power and personal glory, and start doing things for and at the instruciton of God.

You see, when David sinned with Batsheba, Nathan did not tell the people of Israel to go and follow another sect. Nathan told David he had sinned, and he needed to repent.

And so he repented.

That is what the Church...not just the Pentecostals, needs to do in Nigeria. Repent, go back to Jesus, follow Jesus, not Superman Pastor who can do a million magic tricks...follow Jesus.

But too many Christians are pastor worshipers, and the pastors no longer have a relationship with Jesus either.

As for you....there is no perfect sect. Follow Jesus. That is all he commands. Don't look for a good church, or a superb Pastor with the golden tongue, follow Jesus.
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by theoldpretender(m): 10:26am On Mar 28, 2019
ObaKlaz:
Yes - Iginla screwed up. I agree with the writer's opinion... BUT, suggesting that Iginla should resign and quit ministry... I don't quite accept that. Art Azurdia quit ministry out of PERSONAL conviction, having exposed his own moral deficits, every minister of the gospel that 'falls' must not have to quit for good. Peter denied Christ thrice, became penitent and went back to his fishing profession, then the Lord found, restored and made him a cornerstone. True penitence, genuine repentance and DISCIPLINE should be emphasized, rather than seeking the ministerial demise of a minister of the gospel.

Has Pastor really repented, or was all he did just for the image?

If Pastor resigns, will the work of God be damaged? Will God stop working because Pastor has to take time off to repair his relationship with God?

Pastor better repent. He has become too addicted to the glory, and has forgotten that Jesus should be first. Besides, his staying there has opened the church to mockery and criticism. If he had repented and resigned...things might have been better.
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by pukka5050: 10:33am On Mar 28, 2019
Princeofnigeria:
Don't judge.

Imagine a Muslim masturbating in Christian issue, while their prophet from Saudi Arabia slept with a 12years old aisha

Who told you Deji Yesufu is a Muslim.
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by theoldpretender(m): 10:37am On Mar 28, 2019
Princeofnigeria:
Don't judge.

By the way, Yesufu is not a Muslim.

Here is another of his articles
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by theoldpretender(m): 10:39am On Mar 28, 2019
For anyone who thinks Mr Yesufu is a Muslim, here is this statement from his blog

This blog is an arm of the ministry I carry out for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. My ministry, GODSPARTNERS Evangelical Outreach, is a non denominational Christian work committed to sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with all men. We hold a fellowship at my home in Ibadan, Nigeria, once a month - second Saturdays to be specific. Here God's word is taught in an informal atmosphere where Christians enjoy great liberty of the Spirit as we share fellowship together. This blog is an extension of this.
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by ObaKlaz: 10:44am On Mar 28, 2019
theoldpretender:

Has Pastor really repented, or was all he did just for the image?

If Pastor resigns, will the work of God be damaged? Will God stop working because Pastor has to take time off to repair his relationship with God?

Pastor better repent. He has become too addicted to the glory, and has forgotten that Jesus should be first. Besides, his staying there has opened the church to mockery and criticism. If he had repented and resigned...things might have been better.
What makes you so sure Iginla is unrepentant?! How does resignation exactly translate into total repentance? ?? The church of God has always been subjected to incessant criticism, Iginla or not, Oyakhilome or not! JESUS WOULDN'T INSTRUCT IGINLA TO QUIT MINISTRY if He were to speak audibly from heaven so everyone could hear! JESUS WOULD BE MORE CONCERNED WITH HIS GENUINE REPENTANCE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, HIS RESTORATION (case study: Peter, the Rock)
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by Unconquerable: 10:48am On Mar 28, 2019
theoldpretender:

All Pentecostal Christianity , and all their scandal ridden pastors need to do is to follow Jesus, repent of their sins, give up their obsession with power and personal glory, and start doing things for and at the instruciton of God.

You see, when David sinned with Batsheba, Nathan did not tell the people of Israel to go and follow another sect. Nathan told David he had sinned, and he needed to repent.

And so he repented.

That is what the Church...not just the Pentecostals, needs to do in Nigeria. Repent, go back to Jesus, follow Jesus, not Superman Pastor who can do a million magic tricks...follow Jesus.

But too many Christians are pastor worshipers, and the pastors no longer have a relationship with Jesus either.

As for you....there is no perfect sect. Follow Jesus. That is all he commands. Don't look for a good church, or a superb Pastor with the golden tongue, follow Jesus.
I’m already a Christian; a follower of Jesus, without allegiance to any particular denomination or sect. Bless you.
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by theoldpretender(m): 10:50am On Mar 28, 2019
ObaKlaz:
What makes you so sure Iginla is unrepentant?! How does resignation exactly translate into total repentance? ?? The church of God has always been subjected to incessant criticism, Iginla or not, Oyakhilome or not! JESUS WOULDN'T INSTRUCT IGINLA TO QUIT MINISTRY if He were to speak audibly from heaven so everyone could hear! JESUS WOULD BE MORE CONCERNED WITH HIS GENUINE REPENTANCE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, HIS RESTORATION (case study: Peter, the Rock)

Has he reconciled with his wife, and cast away the other woman?

Obviously not.

Let's not justify sin in the house. Remember Achan

1 Like

Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by kanmi4gold: 11:01am On Mar 28, 2019
Pastors are commiting grave error on the altar,they are victim of what they should preach against,confidently draging the innocent congregation to hell,church members have been brainwahed to worship them.They are not of God, they are sheep in wolf clothing,messanger of the devil, run away from them.

2 Likes

Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by nwaimoroseyaho: 11:10am On Mar 28, 2019
If you really know the word of God these churches and their scandals should not shock you. God had already told us these things in his word even worse things will still happen but the kingdom of God standeth sure.

While men slept the enemy planted tares in the the corn farm. But God said allow the two to grow together until harvest when a better harvest will take place.
Leave these matters to God, he is a better judge.
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by daveP(m): 11:26am On Mar 28, 2019
The background of many so called pulpit climbers these days is still entrenched in losts of demonic covenants that arr unregarded and sidelined. Only for these spiritual forces to fight legally for what us theirs and succeed.

Deliverance is needed for such people that wana serve God.

Asides that,is the Absence of that Power from on high to subdue fleshly desires that ruin anyone.
The Holy Spirit.

Discipline likewise and Moral Compass.

God's Presence also.

Annointing can continue, but that Ptesence will change things.

What is worrisome is the way Nigerians now react to such and we can even see the same Happening with the Bill Cosby and Cardi B issue on social media.
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by JJOF(m): 11:35am On Mar 28, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

magana? Cant find meaning

I never for once reckoned with nor ever took Iginla serious in the very first instance anyway.
I think magana is an hausa word.
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by kpaofame: 12:20pm On Mar 28, 2019
dollarsplenty:
It is the END TIME and nothing can change it. All these are signs and confirmations of what to come at this period. The Truth is many Pentecostal pastors are fake, scammers and devilish. Pastors such as Wale Oke, Chris Okafor, Chris Okotie, Chris Oyakilome, Apostle Suleiman, Biodun Fatoyinbo, TB Joshua, Iginla and host of others had once been named in one scandal or the other. Sometimes you wonder if the Jesus Christ they preach is the same that is reported in the Bible.

Even Jesus was involved in scandals and called a heretic if you know scripture you will know thats true.
I doubt if the media will say good things about Jesus because he frolicks with people of low "reputation" and known bad past.

That said am against anything that water down the purpose of the gospel.
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by theoldpretender(m): 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2019
kpaofame:

Even Jesus was involved in scandals and called a heretic if you know scripture you will know thats true.
I doubt if the media will say good things about Jesus because he frolicks with people of low "reputation" and known bad past.

That said am against anything that water down the purpose of the gospel.

Just because Jesus sat down with sinners did not mean he partook of their sins.

Just because a doctor meets sick people every day does not mean she is sick too.

Please, let's not justify sin in the house.

2 Likes

Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by MuttleyLaff: 12:35pm On Mar 28, 2019
JJOF:
What does it mean please? First I've heard the word.
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by goldenarrow: 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
What does it mean please? First I've heard the word.

Magana (Hausa)= Talk, Discussion, Words, Oration etc
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by Stanbeto: 1:35pm On Mar 28, 2019
God Will help us ooh!
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by forexprophet(m): 2:02pm On Mar 28, 2019
And you are one.....hypocrite

izzou:
grin

A pastor having a baby mama?? grin

Imagine a pastor like this, blessing the union of some other couple as marriage, when he is an adulterer. Chai grin

All adulterers will go to hell unless they repent. No be me talk am. Na Bible e dey grin
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by nicshanz: 2:13pm On Mar 28, 2019
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by izzou(m): 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2019
forexprophet:
And you are one.....hypocrite

Ohh yes, I'm a big hypocrite

grin
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by MuttleyLaff: 2:35pm On Mar 28, 2019
JJOF:

goldenarrow:
Magana (Hausa)= Talk, Discussion, Words, Oration etc

nicshanz:
its an hausa language means "talk"
Thank you, my three musketeers, everyone.
VBCampaign has loaned me a new word for my vocabulary
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by zoedew: 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2019
What a treatise!
Re: The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu by zoedew: 5:25pm On Mar 28, 2019
Blame folks who do not read their Bibles more. The Lord Jesus Christ made clear in the Bible such Pastors are bound to abound especially as the last days come by! He told us they would be known by their fruits i.e. lifestyle. If it does not resemble the lifestyle of Christ it is not Christian much less Ministerial in Christ. It is not impossible folks still attend Iginla and Fatoyinbo churches! These are literate folks who can read their Bibles and set same side by side with the lifestyle of the hirelings who masquerade as Pastors and tell them what they would love to listen to. When you see a supposed man of God who is every inch artificial- Jerry curled hair on his head, bleached skin, showy wardrobe like that of so-called celebs of the world of worldly entertainment and lips that suggests drug and tobacco consumption- something is not adding up notwithstanding the miracles: real or imagined!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? / Atheists To Sue Governor Udom Emmanuel / Is Morality Possible Without An Authoritative Source?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.