Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

I Want To Start Acting On Screen. I Need Serious Help - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Want To Start Acting On Screen. I Need Serious Help (536 Views)

WIPEOUT Naija Reality TV Game Show Takes Centre Stage On Screen / Top 10 Acting Schools In Lagos / Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start Acting On Screen. I Need Serious Help by hinere(m): 9:28am On Mar 28, 2019
Goodmorning everyone. I'm a Theatre Actor and I do Spoken Word Poetry. I'm aspiring to transition to screen this April. I love watching movies and series showing on African Magic. I want to be acting in those movies showing there but I don't know the right channel to follow.
Recently I was watching movies showing on African Magic Epic where they feature the likes of Yul Edochie, Zubby Micheal and the rest and I was inspired to try featuring in such movies.
Please does anyone have any information for me on the right channel to take on this journey?
I just need guidance, advice and link up.
Acting is my passion and I'm good at it. Therefore, I want to build a career in it.
Your kind response would be appreciated.
Re: I Want To Start Acting On Screen. I Need Serious Help by Macdove02(m): 4:17pm On Mar 28, 2019
hinere:
Goodmorning everyone. I'm a Theatre Actor and I do Spoken Word Poetry. I'm aspiring to transition to screen this April. I love watching movies and series showing on African Magic. I want to be acting in those movies showing there but I don't know the right channel to follow.
Recently I was watching movies showing on African Magic Epic where they feature the likes of Yul Edochie, Zubby Micheal and the rest and I was inspired to try featuring in such movies.
Please does anyone have any information for me on the right channel to take on this journey?
I just need guidance, advice and link up.
Acting is my passion and I'm good at it. Therefore, I want to build a career in it.
Your kind response would be appreciated.
Find a film school in your locale and register.
Re: I Want To Start Acting On Screen. I Need Serious Help by hinere(m): 8:00am On Mar 29, 2019
Macdove02:
Find a film school in your locale and register.

Thanks for this. I appreciate but like I said I'm a Theatre Actor. I'm also a self trained Screen Actor. Once you can do Theatre believe me, you can do screen. For in screen, less is more.
I just need an available avenue to launch.
Re: I Want To Start Acting On Screen. I Need Serious Help by hinere(m): 5:44pm On Apr 03, 2019
Anymore more suggestions?
Re: I Want To Start Acting On Screen. I Need Serious Help by Macdove02(m): 6:05pm On Apr 04, 2019
hinere:
Anymore more suggestions?
Like I said, a film school will help launch your career. Better still, find a filmmaker and attach yourself as an apprentice under him or her. With that, he would cast in his or her movies and you can take it up from there.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet BBNaija Housemate, Mike Edwards Who Owns An Exotic Rolls Royce / BBNAIJA: Joe Apologizes To Tacha And Her Fans, Calls Her An Amazing Person / BBNaija: "Thunder Fire You" — Venita Slams Biggie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.