Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? (8179 Views)

Stupid Boys Comedy Episode 1-5 / Meet The Nigerians In The Movie "Black Panther" / See The Real Actress That Acted Dora Milaje In Avengers Black Panther (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by phreakabit(m): 8:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
Okay I just had to make this thread with my free time, to address this issue. Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of black panther ever since I fist saw him in one of the Marvel comics I bought in my early high school days. I was absolutely hyped when I saw him in Avengers civil war. So when they announced 2 years ago, that they were making a movie solely for him. . . You could understand my excitement. However, my excitement has now become absolute detest for the whole thing with the sheer and willful exhibition of absolute IGNORANCE and stupidity by Africans regarding this movie. I get it, a whole lot of you want to behave and even be black Americans but we should realize, just because they do somethings and act a certain (dumb) way doesn't mean we should act that way too, after-all nobody made them the gold standard. I hear people saying victory for Africa, black power, black excellence, Finally, we did it! . . . Simply because of this movie based on FICTION. FICTION being the key word here. If it were Amadioha, Sango or some other arguably mythical being... or maybe Shaka Zulu or Pharaoh Taharka that would have been a different case and an acknowledgement of Africa's history. I can't tell you just how repulsed I am but this should sum it up and show you guys SCREAMING black power just how stupid you are.

1, The movie is based on FICTION : Getting emotional over it, is equivalent to when you felt bad as a child because hulk hogan lost a fight.

2, There was no original African music in the album : Highlife,Afrobeat,9ja contemporary,hiplife, kwaito,Soukous whatever! Just black Amerian music.

3, I don't remember seeing white people wearing greek Togas, Spartan capes, Roman togas or Viking helmets, hammers and battle axes when 300, Thor, Alexander the great movies were made. Shouting white power upanddan. Let alone a movie that is based on a fictional character from a place called Wakanda. So why are we going "BLACK POWER, BLACK EXCELLENCE, VICTORY FOR AFRICA" crazy?

4, Captain America is American,Bucky Barnes is American, Red Skull is German, Tony Stark is American, WHERE THE Bleep IS WAKANDA?!

5, What impact will this movie have on Africa in any way possible? Please somebody tell me because I just feel angry and embarassed by the ongoing foolery.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great movie and people should go out and see it, but screaming black power and wearing African attire and playing drums. . . come on, you guys are just epitomizing stupidity.

26 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:00pm On Feb 16, 2018
Your points are useless as 'ueue' in the word queue.
Yes Wakanda is fictional, it depicts an Africa that could have been if we got our acts right.
It tells you there is nothing wrong in being in touch with your Africa roots and being advanced in society at the same time.
Forget the movie and focus on the story

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by phreakabit(m): 9:05pm On Feb 16, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:
Yes Wakanda is fictional, it depicts an Africa that could have been if we got our acts right.
It tells you there is nothing wrong in being in touch with your Africa roots and being advanced in society at the same time.

Your post is as useless as your education, as you clearly have a comprehension impairment.
You read the entire post, and the title yet somehow missed the point. At this juncture, it is fair to assume you wouldn't get the point even if it smacked you in the face with a signboard. Clearly shows your brain is on Yakubu Aiyegbeni mode.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by oseriki9: 9:18pm On Feb 16, 2018
Ode people are hyped because its the first marvel film about blacks. Where do blacks originate from? Is it not Africa so your points are shit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by introvertedsoul: 9:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
Yet to see the movie myself, so I can't tell if it is good or bad. Also, some of the points raise if not all are quite valid. However, my own opinion of the whole African pride and black renaissance based especially on instagram based on a fictional character and story. Better shame dey catch me.
I saw the Afrian Americans going to the cinema wearing African outfits and was like come on fam! This is just overkill. Only to see that Ghanaian cinema with people beating drums and all. . . I just tire. People can't get that it's fiction. I was an international website recently and people of other races were having a good laugh at some of the ridiculous black comments there about Black Panther. Someone even suggested that Black Panther should become the lead character in avengers. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Greatzeus(m): 9:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
phreakabit:
Okay I just had to make this thread with my free time, to address this issue. Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of black panther ever since I fist saw him in one of the Marvel comics I bought in my early high school days. I was absolutely hyped when I saw him in Avengers civil war. So when they announced 2 years ago, that they were making a movie solely for him. . . You could understand my excitement. However, my excitement has now become absolute detest for the whole thing with the sheer and willful exhibition of absolute IGNORANCE and stupidity by Africans regarding this movie. I get it, a whole lot of you want to behave and even be black Americans but we should realize, just because they do somethings and act a certain (dumb) way doesn't mean we should act that way too, after-all nobody made them the gold standard. I hear people saying victory for Africa, black power, black excellence, Finally, we did it! . . . Simply because of this movie based on FICTION. FICTION being the key word here. If it were Amadioha, Sango or some other arguably mythical being... or maybe Shaka Zulu or Pharaoh Taharka that would have been a different case and an acknowledgement of Africa's history. I can't tell you just how repulsed I am but this should sum it up and show you guys SCREAMING black power just how stupid you are.

1, The movie is based on FICTION : Getting emotional over it, is equivalent to when you felt bad as a child because hulk hogan lost a fight.

2, There was no original African music in the album : Highlife,Afrobeat,9ja contemporary,hiplife, kwaito,Soukous whatever! Just black Amerian music.

3, I don't remember seeing white people wearing greek Togas, Spartan capes, Roman togas or Viking helmets, hammers and battle axes when 300, Thor, Alexander the great movies were made. Shouting white power upanddan. Let alone a movie that is based on a fictional character from a place called Wakanda. So why are we going "BLACK POWER, BLACK EXCELLENCE, VICTORY FOR AFRICA" crazy?

4, Captain America is American,Bucky Barnes is American, Red Skull is German, Tony Stark is American, WHERE THE Bleep IS WAKANDA?!

5, What impact will this movie have on Africa in any way possible? Please somebody tell me because I just feel angry and embarassed by the ongoing foolery.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great movie and people should go out and see it, but screaming black power and wearing African attire and playing drums. . . come on, you guys are just epitomizing stupidity.
Even Silverbird Cinema is not left out,they are hyping this black panther stuff no be small.
Yesterday in V.I, I saw a crowd of young people mostly girls, dressed scantically with a bus following them, playing music,a guy was at the front dressed in black panther custom walking like a hero. I later saw Silverbird logo on the girls' shirt and on the bus.
I was like na wa oh,has it gotten to this? grin

6 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by introvertedsoul: 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2018
oseriki9:
Ode people are hyped because its the first marvel film about blacks. Where do blacks originate from? Is it not Africa so your points are shit.

So we are celebrating fiction? Do you really understand the concept here? Or are you missing the point? He never said it was bad. He is talking about people turning it to some kind of Pro-black achievement.

3 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by phreakabit(m): 9:35pm On Feb 16, 2018
oseriki9:

Oh,look another redundantly stupid individual. With a ghost town for an imagination.

4 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by oseriki9: 9:38pm On Feb 16, 2018
phreakabit:

Oh,look another redundantly stupid individual. With a ghost town for an imagination.
Lol.
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by oseriki9: 9:40pm On Feb 16, 2018
introvertedsoul:

[b]So we are celebrating fiction? [/b]Do you really understand the concept here? Or are you missing the point? He never said it was bad. He is talking about people turning it to some kind of Pro-black achievement.
I'm sorry having a marvel film based on blacks is not worthy of celebration?
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by introvertedsoul: 9:43pm On Feb 16, 2018
oseriki9:

I'm sorry having a marvel film based on blacks is not worthy of celebration?
Support, applauding, encouraging and celebrating aren't exactly the same thing.
Its almost like a bloody carnival on instagram!
It makes Africa look desperate for a thing of pride or relevance.
We know whites want to lie about acient Egypt, the pyramids, the sphinx, Hannibal of Carthage, all not being linked to blacks.
But we must not ridicule ourselves out of desperation for greatness

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
oseriki9:

Some of una for here no get sense at all. How can an african's source of "black pride" or "black power" be based on a work of fiction? I am 100% a fan of black panther BUT ABEG IT IS FICTION. Anyone who's source of black pride is based on black panther should be ashamed of himself or herself.

7 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

A movie is based on one thing = The storyline, so to forget the movie you would also have to forget the storyline, Nigerians and their senseless ideologies sha. Forget the movie, focus on the story. That is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard lol

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
phreakabit:

Your post is as useless as your education, as you clearly have a comprehension impairment.
You read the entire post, and the title yet somehow missed the point. At this juncture, it is fair to assume you wouldn't get the point even if it smacked you in the face with a signboard. Clearly shows your brain is on Yakubu Aiyegbeni mode.
I didn't attack you directly but it seems your cannibalistic attitude is showing, if this is the way you address people who criticize your opinion constructively , then you are the reason why the white man looks down on the black race

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:53pm On Feb 16, 2018
Mrchippychappy:

A movie is based on one thing = The storyline, so to forget the movie you would also have to forget the storyline, Nigerians and their senseless ideologies sha. Forget the movie, focus on the story. That is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard lol
well, you don't get my point, there's no need in engaging in any argument with you.
I've been following black panther since I was a kid. I know the origin of Wakanda so I do know what I mean by forget the movie and focus on the story
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by judgedredd22(m): 4:17am On Feb 17, 2018
phreakabit:

My good people, here is a good example of how people fail in their academics. grin

So in your reverse-educated mind, you actually think you made sense with this post?

In your supposed rant, you clearly thought the celebration was because the movie is about black panther. Sorry to burst your bubble but the celebration is not about black panther as a movie. It is a celebration of the movie industry coming full circle and giving a major headline, big budget movie a black cast steeped in excellence. If you still don't understand why it is a big deal, maybe you should first of all, get to studying (if you know how to) the history of race and racism in the film/movie industry.

Secondly, it is big in america mostly because the movie's (with it's historical significance and context) release is in February - which in America is Black History month. Get it? (that is also why the movie company slated the release to sync, for maximum effect and profits - it s still someone's biz you know cheesy )

Thirdly, within the context of the movie, though it might be fiction, it epitomises independence and excellence set in african landscape which is contrary to already formed opinions/stereotypes about africa as a land of uncivilized, primitive people in need of constant help and support (Que Donald Trump's 'shithole' comment some weeks ago). The movie is already helping to shape narratives towards the positive in this context. A whole lot of foreigners are ignorant in this aspect.

These issues may seem trivial to you, as a shortsighted individual that you are. If you ever lived outside the shores of the african continent then maybe you would begin to understand the weight of shaping narratives. Just like Chimamanda Adichie has been trying to do by shaping the mindsets of foreigners towards africa through FICTION and breaking away the laid down history from a single story point of view, as told by colonialists. I'm sure you never understood why she is widely celebrated.

So, next time before you start spewing brain farts, do some reading and studying on the subject in question before making a fool of yourself in public. And the music/soundtrack to the movie is not chiefly american music, if you must know. The artistes are mostly black and african (with exception of james blake), from europe, africa and america. Which on its own, is nod to the cohesion of the black race across continents.

Movies might be FICTION, but there's a lot that goes into movie projects by way of subliminal messaging which has a lot of stakes behind it.
Have you ever wondered what africa would have been like as at today, without the interference of the foreigners - arabian, european and american? That is the sub-message behind the movie and that is why blacks all over are hyped - it is about the social narrative, not FICTIONAL Black Panther. Maybe you should study some history and be informed context-wise. Before the slavery era, africans were technologically advanced and educated, and were kings in EUROPE, yes, the same europe!

You need to get your reasoning upgraded, from the kindergaten level where it is at the moment, to that of an aware black adult. READ!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by judgedredd22(m): 4:22am On Feb 17, 2018
Greatzeus:

Even Silverbird Cinema is not left out,they are hyping this black panther stuff no be small.
Yesterday in V.I, I saw a crowd of young people mostly girls, dressed scantically with a bus following them, playing music,a guy was at the front dressed in black panther custom walking like a hero. I later saw Silverbird logo on the girls' shirt and on the bus.
I was like na wa oh,has it gotten to this? grin

i think you probably need to learn how to speak and write english first. If not, you can as well write in your dialect, that is acceptable too! wink

6 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by dayveed1(m): 4:56am On Feb 17, 2018
judgedredd22:

My good people, here is a good example of how people fail in their academics. grin

So in your reverse-educated mind, you actually think you made sense with this post?

In your supposed rant, you clearly thought the celebration was because the movie is about black panther. Sorry to burst your bubble but the celebration is not about black panther as a movie. It is a celebration of the movie industry coming full circle and giving a major headline, big budget movie a black cast steeped in excellence. If you still don't understand why it is a big deal, maybe you should first of all, get to studying (if you know how to) the history of race and racism in the film/movie industry.

Secondly, it is big in america mostly because the movie's (with it's historical significance and context) release is in February - which in America is Black History month. Get it? (that is also why the movie company slated the release to sync, for maximum effect and profits - it s still someone's biz you know cheesy )

Thirdly, within the context of the movie, though it might be fiction, it epitomises independence and excellence set in african landscape which is contrary to already formed opinions/stereotypes about africa as a land of uncivilized, primitive people in need of constant help and support (Que Donald Trump's 'shithole' comment some weeks ago). The movie is already helping to shape narratives towards the positive in this context. A whole lot of foreigners are ignorant in this aspect.

These issues may seem trivial to you, as a shortsighted individual that you are. If you ever lived outside the shores of the african continent then maybe you would begin to understand the weight of shaping narratives. Just like Chimamanda Adichie has been trying to do by shaping the mindsets of foreigners towards africa through FICTION and breaking away the laid down history from a single story point of view, as told by colonialists. I'm sure you never understood why she is widely celebrated.

So, next time before you start spewing brain farts, do some reading and studying on the subject in question before making a fool of yourself in public. And the music/soundtrack to the movie is not chiefly american music, if you must know. The artistes are mostly black and african (with exception of james blake), from europe, africa and america. Which on its own, is nod to the cohesion of the black race across continents.

Movies might be FICTION, but there's a lot that goes into movie projects by way of subliminal messaging which has a lot of stakes behind it.
Have you ever wondered what africa would have been like as at today, without the interference of the foreigners - arabian, european and american? That is the sub-message behind the movie. Maybe you should study some history and be informed context-wise. Before the slavery era, africans were technologically advanced and educated, and were kings in EUROPE, yes, the same europe!

You need to get your reasoning upgraded, from the kindergaten level where it is at the moment, to that of an aware black adult. READ!!
glad we still have some intellectuals and well exposed people here after all.. you've said it all Bro.

5 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by judgedredd22(m): 5:56am On Feb 17, 2018
dayveed1:
glad we still have some intellectuals and well exposed people here after all.. you've said it all Bro.

3 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by oseriki9: 6:50am On Feb 17, 2018
judgedredd22:

Have you ever wondered what africa would have been like as at today, without the interference of the foreigners - arabian, european and american? That is the sub-message behind the movie and that is why blacks all over are hyped - it is about the social narrative, not FICTIONAL Black Panther. Maybe you should study some history and be informed context-wise. Before the slavery era, africans were technologically advanced and educated, and were kings in EUROPE, yes, the same europe!

Finally!!

3 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:37am On Feb 17, 2018
judgedredd22:

All this rant for a work based on fiction. Men, I don't even know where to start - cultural significance based on a fictional "black figure" from a fictional "black african country" in a cat suit made out of a non existing mysterious metal material, right? Getting carried away in all this trash comic based "pro black" sentiment wouldn't get you anywhere, Africans tend to do this a lot. We got carried away when Obama was elected, did the perception of the world change regarding black people? Hell No, if that didn't work then how is it that arm chair, self made intellectuals and pro africa historians (we were kings in Europe? Tell me something I don't know lol) like yourself, for some strange reason think that the african male version of cat woman would change peoples perception towards Africa?. We have real powerful african figures and history to fall back on and has that changed the perception of other races towards Africans? No but for some strange reason the male cat woman movie would do it right?

Hannibal of Carthage, No I am not proud of him
Tirhakah, the nubian pharaoh , No I am not proud of him
Mansa Musa of Mali, No not proud of him either
The pyramids of Giza, No I am not proud of those mysterious wonders of the earth
Timbuktu, No not proud of that either
The Aba women riot- One of the first ever all female marches that ever took place, but guess what? I am not proud of them either

BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT I AM PROUD OF? The male version of cat woman ruling over a fictional african nation and fighting bad guys in a metallic cat suit. THAT THERE IS ALL THE BLACK HISTORY I NEED. Next time our children need an African to look up to, how about we forget the people mentioned above and just tell them about King Tchala the black panther, that ought to fuel African kids with the fire of pan- africanism, right?

I love the movie black panther but there is ABSOLUTELY no cultural relevance to the fictional movie black panther and African history or Africa as it could have been in the past or as it is today. Get that into your thick skulls. HOW ON EARTH DO YOU THINK YOU CAN CHANGE PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF AFRICA BASED ON A SUPER HERO MOVIE? Dumb phucks!

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by judgedredd22(m): 8:53am On Feb 17, 2018
Mrchippychappy:

All this rant for a work based on fiction. Men, I don't even know where to start - cultural significance based on a fictional "black figure" from a fictional "black african country" in a cat suit made out of a non existing mysterious metal material, right? Getting carried away in all this trash comic based "pro black" sentiment wouldn't get you anywhere, Africans tend to do this a lot. We got carried away when Obama was elected, did the perception of the world change regarding black people? Hell No, if that didn't work then how is it that arm chair, self made intellectuals and pro africa historians (we were kings in Europe? Tell me something I don't know lol) like yourself, for some strange reason think that the african male version of cat woman would change peoples perception towards Africa?. We have real powerful african figures and history to fall back on and has that changed the perception of other races towards Africans? No but for some strange reason the male cat woman movie would do it right?

Hannibal of Carthage, No I am not proud of him
Tirhakah, the nubian pharaoh , No I am not proud of him
Mansa Musa of Mali, No not proud of him either
The pyramids of Giza, No I am not proud of those mysterious wonders of the earth
Timbuktu, No not proud of that either
The Aba women riot- One of the first ever all female marches that ever took place, but guess what? I am not proud of them either

BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT I AM PROUD OF? The male version of cat woman ruling over a fictional african nation and fighting bad guys in a metallic cat suit. THAT THERE IS ALL THE BLACK HISTORY I NEED. Next time our children need an African to look up to, how about we forget the people mentioned above and just tell them about King Tchala the black panther, that ought to fuel the African kids with the fire of pan- africanism, right?

I love the movie black panther but there is ABSOLUTELY no cultural relevance to the fictional movie black panther and African history or Africa as it could have been in the past or as it is today. Get that into your thick skulls. HOW ON EARTH DO YOU THINK YOU CAN CHANGE PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF AFRICA BASED ON A SUPER HERO MOVIE? Dumb phucks!

obviously you are the dumb fucck in this arena because you have no sense of comprehension. If the drivel you have up there is the only thing you understood from the submission, then you need to go back to primary school and tell your english teacher to tutor you on comprehension all over again. Trying to enlighten you further on any of the above will be wasted effort. You just read to retort, instead of reading to understand within given context before responding.

Go and study social structures and mind alteration with the broader aspects of general black history and the attendant issues of race therein, then, maybe then, you might begin to have an iota of comprehension within the context of why people are identifying with the CONCEPT of the FICTIONAL MOVIE.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by phreakabit(m): 9:11am On Feb 17, 2018
judgedredd22:

You sound intellectually handicapped to a slight degree with your assertions and I will point that out. First off, in your words the industry has gone "full circle". Do you at all know the meaning of that term? To go full circle you need a starting and an end point. Think about words before you use them. the era of Silver screen ended a long time ago. The new industry is not about to end because of some irrelevant black panther movie. Also just to show how minuscule and restricted your intellectual capacity is, you went ahead to attribute this to a victory over racism. When in fact it is just a well calculated sales strategy aimed at weak , underdeveloped minded, unintelligent black individuals such as yourself using the "black history month" or whatever you people call that thing over there as a catalyst. Knowing just how drunk on emotion and desperate for attention most of you will be at the time.

judgedredd22:

Good to see you discrediting your own argument here. You truly have mastered the art of paradoxical commentary. As I earlier stated his whole thing "is just a well calculated sales strategy aimed at weak underdeveloped minded, unintelligent black individuals", guess whose winning again? Yup, WHITE MAN! Now to expose you for the uninformed, blabbering buffoon you have made yourself, did you honestly say cultural significance? I hope you didn't say that in reference to the Black panther revolutionary movement, that was founded by Bobby Seale and Huey Newton in October 1966. Because the black panther made his first appearance in a comic as early as July 1966 that's an astonishing 3 months before the movement was formed. You should be the one picking up a book.

judgedredd22:

You did spell epitomizes wrongly. I am surprise! I am supposed to be the one with "reverse-education" right? Anyway, there is A HUMONGOUS difference between fiction and reality. Reality was Captain America 3 Civil War: LAGOS,NIGERIA. Where we had a local market, crowded refuse littered streets, and undomesticated animals roaming freely just outside the UN Building!!! Yet some how you believe the same franchise is trying to "shape narratives" about Africa positively, using a non-existent state as reference? Were you high on glue when you typed this BS? I like how you once again acknowledge FICTION, btw.

judgedredd22:

Every writer is celebrated for the uncanny manner by which they captivate the readers mind and paint a realistic picture of the story described in texts. Give yourself brain my guy you are making a big joke of your education here.

judgedredd22:

Care to explain how it is a nod, when the movie is African themed but lack TRUE African music? I'd like to have a laugh at what you come up with here.Its been fascinating reading and rebutting all the BS you have spewed so far.

judgedredd22:

The last part of this post gives you away as an absurdly dumb individual who hears and runs with what he has been told without studying.
You talk about technological advancement everyone knows about the pyramids, everyone knows about the Ethiopian monoliths, about the first up-stairs buildings in the world (Mali), About the first university in Timbuktu, The wall of Zimbabwe and Mozambique... bla bla bla, those are historical events and achievements, how about we focus on the present and future?And how did you come up with the we were kings in Europe talk? That is arrant IGNORANCE! It only affirms my assertions of your arguments being unintelligent and misinformed. The first Invasion of Europe by a Black African was when Hannibal occupied and ruled much of Italy for 15 years but was unable to march on Rome. The second being the Moorish invasion, when Berber autochthones of the Maghreb (Blacks), Arabs and Touregs invaded The Iberian peninsula of Europe, with statues of black kings and queens as evidence in far away Portugal, Sicily etc, long after the they were defeated and driven back to Africa. Those were conquered territories, and in common sense you preside over territories you conquer. I am not sure you will understand that though. Looks like you spelled Kindergarten wrong too, oops!

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by phreakabit(m): 9:15am On Feb 17, 2018
judgedredd22:

obviously you are the dumb fucck in this arena because you have no sense of comprehension. If the drivel you have up there is the only thing you understood from the submission, then you need to go back to primary school and tell your english teacher to tutor you on comprehension all over again. Trying to enlighten you further on any of the above will be wasted effort. You just read to retort, instead of reading to understand within given context before responding.

Go and study social structures and mind alteration with the broader aspects of general black history and the attendant issues of race therein, then, maybe then, you might begin to have an iota of comprehension within the context of why people are identifying with the CONCEPT of the FICTIONAL MOVIE.

On the contrary, I think the individual who possesses the IQ of a kettle here is you. Reading through everything you have posted was quite a comical relief to me. Nice way to start my day. Thanks for the entertainment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by judgedredd22(m): 9:23am On Feb 17, 2018
phreakabit:

On the contrary, I think the individual who possesses the IQ of a kettle here is you. Reading through everything you have posted was quite a comical relief to me. Nice way to start my day. Thanks for the entertainment.

all hail the commander in chief of the IQ forces,
first of his name,
IQ custodian in all 6 regions,
and king of the IQ buffoons.

you obviously have no idea how the world which you live in works. All you know is how to eat, shit and turn on generator!
Travel around the world a bit, you just might gain some knowledge & understanding beyond your backyard!

8 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by phreakabit(m): 9:31am On Feb 17, 2018
judgedredd22:

first of his name,

you obviously have no idea how the world which you live in works. All you know is how to eat, shit and turn on generator!
Travel around the world a bit, you just might gain some knowledge & understanding beyond your backyard!

Looks like I struck a nerve HARD!!! Your ego at the moment, must be the size of a gnats c0ck grin grin grin
Sorry o

8 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by judgedredd22(m): 9:38am On Feb 17, 2018
phreakabit:

Looks like I struck a nerve HARD!!! Your ego at the moment, must be the size of a gnats c0ck grin grin grin
Sorry o

grin awwww! not even in the tiniest bit... i'm actually feeling sorry for you with your unexposed, under-educated and myopic world view.
ego? naa... far from that fam!

6 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Hoduwahishape: 9:41am On Feb 17, 2018
judgedredd22:

first of his name,

Travel around the world a bit, you just might gain some knowledge & understanding beyond your backyard

Hate to say it but you took things a little too personal, and got blown outta water mate.
OP has some very valid point and even though I agree it might mean a lot to black Americans. I do not see the need for Africans to join in the ridiculous carnival like celebrations. The Music also wasn't African at all!

3 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by daveP(m): 10:22am On Feb 17, 2018
The Op has a very valid point here. We aren't desperate to be repped that reality can't be used instead of a fictitious wakanda story. We have heros and stories in history past that they can create a series out from truly. See how Loki and Thor keep coming back and we love them. Sango and Thor are the same to me. But they have the cash to do something out with it.

Not taking anything away from the creation of the movie though

5 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by decepticos(m): 10:37am On Feb 17, 2018
Disney's Marvel is doing a good job of disorienting the African folk.
My brother just said watch cartoon dem no go gree
I replied cartoons are for kids
He said thats true until they make it into a movie.
I will see the movie oh but i will rather lean on Achebe's Okonkwo from things fall apart than T'Challa.
In the argument of Marvel vs Dc one point is always raised by the Marvel fans, i.e Marvel comics uses real places, they failed greatly with Wakanda

4 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by jeronimo(m): 10:50am On Feb 17, 2018
Op sounds really upset. Lol. But you must understand that this is entertainment so when you hear "BLACK POWER" no one is really referring to some Martin Luther King related ish, we are just excited to see a primarily all black cast and a movie that is trying to portray an African setting.

Tell me you weren't excited when you saw "Lagos" in Captain America Civil War, yeah its something like that. We all know super hero movies are fictions that's why they hardly win Oscars, but you have to admit they are crowd pullers globally so why won't the black race be excited when a blockbuster movie is focused on a black nation, fiction or non-fiction.

5 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by judgedredd22(m): 11:24am On Feb 17, 2018
Hoduwahishape:

Hate to say it but you took things a little too personal, and got blown outta water mate.
OP has some very valid point and even though I agree it might mean a lot to black Americans. I do not see the need for Africans to join in the ridiculous carnival like celebrations. The Music also wasn't African at all!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Dangerous Sisters': A Movie Worth Watching? / Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars / National Geographic Vs Discovery Channel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.