Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,813 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig (9948 Views)

PC Gaming Kit:level Up Your Gaming Rig(tips For Building The Perfect PC Setup). / What Else To Do With A Pc Gaming Rig / Help My Ps3 Resolution Is Displaying 576p Instead Of 720p Or 1080p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 9:40am On Mar 28, 2019
UPDATE 1
Believe it or not, I think my shipping is being delayed by amazon. I just found out you’re supposed to get the free game codes 7 days after your other has shipped but in the terms and conditions, the promo expires on the 6th of April. Very bad behavior. I dey come make I go follow customer care fight. I’ll be back angry

UPDATE 2 06/04/19
So after my order was cancelled last week, I had to place the order again. It arrives next week. I am also happy to announce that I have received the game codes as promised so now I have access to choose between The Division 2, Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2. We moving

So I finally got a case. And for N15,000 shocked shocked . Its the Gigabyte Setto II 142. Its a big case with two 120mm fans. One intake and one exhaust. It also has a dedicated vent for the CPU cooler. We moving

UPDATE 3

Wow, it’s been a long week, finally built it. Runs like a charm. Overclocked it to run at 3.9Ghz at 1.37V. Ram was over clocked to run at 3000Mhz my benchmarks are good but she runs a bit hot. Max temp when I’m gaming hit about 70*C which for me is too high. I’ll be buying a bigger CPU cooler when I’m getting second stick of ram next month. Playing division on 1080p high at 70fps is what I call a breeze. I’m back to PC gaming and it’s amazing. Paid for Origin Access Premier so I can play anthem and fifa 19.

I’ll answer any questions you have to the best of my knowledge including buying and shipping options and best advice on budget builds.

Hey guys,

This is going to be my diary for this build. Haven't built anything since my GTX 600 Series build back in the day. To give a little background, I moved away from desktop gaming while I was in the university. Laptops started becoming mainstream. They never came close in terms of raw power but the frame rates we got were decent. Next I got a laptop with a GTX 960M which was able to run games at 720p on medium settings. Played a lot with that but it still lacked the power I would have liked. So when the MB got fried, I went over to the dark side and got an XBOX ONE. So the 1080p itch was being scratched on a very low budget.

Anyway, yesterday I called my little brother and told him "you own an xbox one now." He is very happy and I am an awesome brother. cool

So lets talk about my build. Its definitely not a ROG-grade build so i'm gonna call it the GOAB-Build (Gaming on a budget) grin

CASE
I haven't decided on a case just yet. I have this in mind ANTEC GX200 MIDI-TOWER BLACK COMPUTER CASE but it costs about N35,000 which is too high for my budget build. Still looking though. If I can't find one before next week, I'll retrofit an old case or even make a wooden one. Been seeing some crazy designs on pintrest and i have to admit, I am curious. I'll Let you know how it goes.

PSU
So for this build I'm going with the EVGA 500 BR, 80+ Bronze 500W. This is costing me about N15,000 and is more than adequate for this build. If I had some more money, I would have opted for the 550W but...yeah

MOTHERBOARD
For N30,000, the GIGABYTE B450M DS3H (AMD Ryzen AM4/M.2/HMDI/DVI/USB 3.1/DDR4/Micro ATX/Motherboard) is a steal. It supports the current Ryzen second generation series and should stay relevant for the next 3-4 years or so. Thankfully AMD doesn't change sockets anyhow (I'm looking at you intel angry ).

CPU
As you might have guessed, I'm going with AMD on this build. I'll admit it wasn't an easy choice. The Intel i3-8100 was looking very juicy but the Ryzen 3-2200G is cheaper and unlocked which means I can overclock it safely (It comes with the WRAITH COOLER). Its costing me N35,000

GPU
So this decision was quite interesting for me. When I drew out my spec sheet I put down the Zotac GTX 1050TI as the card to get. Its quite cheap and can handle 1080p on medium settings for most games. On a whim I decided to check out other cards in that price range. I settled on the AMD RX 570 8GB which easily blows the GTX 1050 out of the water. I found one from XFX for N56,00 that was cheaper than the N59,000 GTX 1050. I almost bought it too and then I started looking at the benchmarks and then I realized XFX had an RX 580 GB for N62,000. An extra N3000 for even better performance seemed like a very easy choice. Now AMD is currently offering two free games to choose from a list on every RX 570 and upward card purchase. You get to choose between The Division 2, Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2. Thats easily N44,000 worth of free games and they are all very highly rated too. If I was even considering the GTX, with the free games on offer...this awoof go sweet me die cheesy

Anyway I found out the 580 I wanted didn't come with the free games so I kept searching. I finally settled for the Sapphire 11265-05-20G Radeon Pulse RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Dual HDMI which cost N70,000 (There is a Nigerian store selling it for N136,000). This card is just under the GTX 1070 in performance and slightly ahead of the GTX 1060 6GB so 1080p is gonna be a breeze grin

RAM

This one isn't too hard. I am getting a Ballistix Sport LT 8GB Single DDR4 3000 MT/s for N17,000. I'll buy another in a month or two. 8GB will do for now.

HARD DISK

So SSDs are cheaper now. I have a 4TB Western Digital Blue Edition. I'm pairing that with a Silicon Power 512GB SSD that is costing me N21,000.

It's costing me about N32,000 to ship these to my house in Abuja. They should get here by next week and then we can build.

I'll update you guys....I'm so excited. grin grin grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Ocallen: 10:38am On Mar 28, 2019
I am keenly following on this. Let see how it goes here on nairaland because I hope to build one soon. Thanks
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by MrDojo(m): 12:17pm On Mar 28, 2019
grin grin grin grin

Good job man. The NZXT 500 is a good case (it's the case I'm using for my current build). If you like RBG lights, then go for the i500.

Good luck in your build.

P.s. most of those free games stuff is scam cheesy angry I think it's region specific. I bought my GPU two weeks back, but I did not receive the game codes. I did not kukuma disturb myself. Because, I did not like the games.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2019
MrDojo:
grin grin grin grin

Good job man. The NZXT 500 is a good case (it's the case I'm using for my current build). If you like RBG lights, then go for the i500.

Good luck in your build.

P.s. most of those free games stuff is scam cheesy angry I think it's region specific. I bought my GPU two weeks back, but I did not receive the game codes. I did not kukuma disturb myself. Because, I did not like the games.

Please how much is the case and where can I get in Nigeria? Shipping a case is a lot of money abeg.

About not getting the games...hmmm...we die here o...they must give me my codes.
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 2:43pm On Mar 28, 2019
Ocallen:
I am keenly following on this. Let see how it goes here on nairaland because I hope to build one soon. Thanks

That’s great. I hope more people jump into building again. It’s almost non existent in Nigeria. Most of the stores I entered have 2009 motherboards. Someone even offered me a core i3 second generation cpu with the claim “this one is the best you can get” smh

1 Like

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by MrDojo(m): 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2019
seunpayne

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

Bro, I used one of these guys( Mayall) to ship from Amazon, they are good just that they delay. The NZXT case is around $70-79. Sometimes, it can fall to $60-69. It depends on when you buy it.

About the game codes, maybe my case is unique. Don't worry, you might get them. grin grin
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 7:26pm On Mar 28, 2019
MrDojo:
seunpayne

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

Bro, I used one of these guys( Mayall) to ship from Amazon, they are good just that they delay. The NZXT case is around $70-79. Sometimes, it can fall to $60-69. It depends on when you buy it.

About the game codes, maybe my case is unique. Don't worry, you might get them. grin grin

Thanks man. The shipping on these cases is mad o. Because of their weight. I'll ask a friend to scour lagos for me. Please is there anyone following this thread that knows where I can buy ATX Desktop cases in Lagos? Help a brother out o

2 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Nadison1311(m): 7:25am On Mar 29, 2019
Pls Which Site Did You Use When Buying All The Pc Parts
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 8:12am On Mar 29, 2019
Nadison1311:
Pls Which Site Did You Use When Buying All The Pc Parts

Mostly amazon and eBay. They are being shipped to a US address first though. Then they will be shipped to Nigeria from there
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Lana1(m): 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2019
seunpayne:
I finally settled for the Sapphire 11265-05-20G Radeon Pulse RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Dual HDMI which cost N70,000 (There is a Nigerian store selling it for N136,000). This card is just under the GTX 1070 in performance and slightly ahead of the GTX 1060 6GB so 1080p is gonna be a breeze grin

U can imagine. Almost double the price u got it online. And that's even the price of a brand new RTX 2060.
All these Nigerian PC parts & Laptop sellers aint shìt. Can never buy anything PC related from this country ever again.

5 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by tunaguy(m): 12:40am On Mar 30, 2019
Following thread
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Nobody: 5:18am On Mar 30, 2019
4GB graphics card for sale.

Contact O9O73904042 for price

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2019
MrDojo:
grin grin grin grin

Good luck in your build.

seunpayne:
Hey guys,

This is going to be my diary for this build. Haven't built anything since my GTX 600 Series build back in the day. To give a little background, I moved away from desktop gaming while I was in the university. Laptops started becoming mainstream. They never came close in terms of raw power but the frame rates we got were decent. Next I got a laptop with a GTX 960M which was able to run games at 720p on medium settings. Played a lot with that but it still lacked the power I would have liked. So when the MB got fried, I went over to the dark side and got an XBOX ONE. So the 1080p itch was being scratched on a very low budget.

Anyway, yesterday I called my little brother and told him "you own an xbox one now." He is very happy and I am an awesome brother. cool

So lets talk about my build. Its definitely not a ROG-grade build so i'm gonna call it the GOAB-Build (Gaming on a budget) grin

CASE
I haven't decided on a case just yet. I have this in mind ANTEC GX200 MIDI-TOWER BLACK COMPUTER CASE but it costs about N35,000 which is too high for my budget build. Still looking though. If I can't find one before next week, I'll retrofit an old case or even make a wooden one. Been seeing some crazy designs on pintrest and i have to admit, I am curious. I'll Let you know how it goes.

PSU
So for this build I'm going with the EVGA 500 BR, 80+ Bronze 500W. This is costing me about N15,000 and is more than adequate for this build. If I had some more money, I would have opted for the 550W but...yeah

MOTHERBOARD
For N30,000, the GIGABYTE B450M DS3H (AMD Ryzen AM4/M.2/HMDI/DVI/USB 3.1/DDR4/Micro ATX/Motherboard) is a steal. It supports the current Ryzen second generation series and should stay relevant for the next 3-4 years or so. Thankfully AMD doesn't change sockets anyhow (I'm looking at you intel angry ).

CPU
As you might have guessed, I'm going with AMD on this build. I'll admit it wasn't an easy choice. The Intel i3-8100 was looking very juicy but the Ryzen 3-2200G is cheaper and unlocked which means I can overclock it safely (It comes with the WRAITH COOLER). Its costing me N35,000

GPU
So this decision was quite interesting for me. When I drew out my spec sheet I put down the Zotac GTX 1050TI as the card to get. Its quite cheap and can handle 1080p on medium settings for most games. On a whim I decided to check out other cards in that price range. I settled on the AMD RX 570 8GB which easily blows the GTX 1050 out of the water. I found one from XFX for N56,00 that was cheaper than the N59,000 GTX 1050. I almost bought it too and then I started looking at the benchmarks and then I realized XFX had an RX 580 GB for N62,000. An extra N3000 for even better performance seemed like a very easy choice. Now AMD is currently offering two free games to choose from a list on every RX 570 and upward card purchase. You get to choose between The Division 2, Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2. Thats easily N44,000 worth of free games and they are all very highly rated too. If I was even considering the GTX, with the free games on offer...this awoof go sweet me die cheesy

Anyway I found out the 580 I wanted didn't come with the free games so I kept searching. I finally settled for the Sapphire 11265-05-20G Radeon Pulse RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Dual HDMI which cost N70,000 (There is a Nigerian store selling it for N136,000). This card is just under the GTX 1070 in performance and slightly ahead of the GTX 1060 6GB so 1080p is gonna be a breeze grin

RAM

This one isn't too hard. I am getting a Ballistix Sport LT 8GB Single DDR4 3000 MT/s for N17,000. I'll buy another in a month or two. 8GB will do for now.

HARD DISK

So SSDs are cheaper now. I have a 4TB Western Digital Blue Edition. I'm pairing that with a Silicon Power 512GB SSD that is costing me N21,000.

It's costing me about N32,000 to ship these to my house in Abuja. They should get here by next week and then we can build.

I'll update you guys....I'm so excited. grin grin grin

Same here am thinking of building a Desktop for Emulation but I will go with Intel. Your bro build is like yours but he runs dual GPU 1080ti, 32GB Ram, 1TB HDD, 256 Gb SSD, but sadly he's also using AMD Ryzen but since it's 3D it will be using more of the multi cores.

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 30, 2019
I checked omo I think I will go with AMD 580 I just need it for emulators, what's your email, let's talk nice thread
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Patrick33(m): 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2019
finally people that speak my kind of language....Hope you build something dope..am saving to buy the RTX 2080 right now and a samsung curved gaming monitor

3 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by MrDojo(m): 11:40pm On Mar 30, 2019
Patrick33:
finally people that speak my kind of language....Hope you build something dope..am saving to buy the RTX 2080 right now and a samsung curved gaming monitor

Baba na you ooo... Is the Samsung a 4k monitor? I could not afford a 144hz monitor cry cry I had to settle for a Phillips Freesync monitor. cry cry

2 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by MrDojo(m): 11:42pm On Mar 30, 2019
pcguru1:

Same here am thinking of building a Desktop for Emulation but I will go with Intel. Your bro build is like yours but he runs dual GPU 1080ti, 32GB Ram, 1TB HDD, 256 Gb SSD, but sadly he's also using AMD Ryzen but since it's 3D it will be using more of the multi cores.

Two 1080ti shocked shocked cheesy grin

Wow!!!

If it's OC, will it approach the performance of 2080ti?
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Nobody: 1:12am On Mar 31, 2019
MrDojo:

Two 1080ti shocked shocked cheesy grin

Wow!!!

If it's OC, will it approach the performance of 2080ti?

Lol I dont over clock after melting my first GPU. I don't know I have never seen a 2080 that person must be rich
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Patrick33(m): 6:30am On Mar 31, 2019
MrDojo:

Baba na you ooo... Is the Samsung a 4k monitor? I could not afford a 144hz monitor cry cry I had to settle for a Phillips Freesync monitor. cry cry
Yes bro..its 4K, they recently released 2019 models last week..but pocket no go too deep like that..i don't even have a monitor now..na PS4 i dey game with..dey suffer for 40FPS for High settings...swear console gaming is wack
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by MrDojo(m): 6:46am On Mar 31, 2019
[quote author=Patrick33 post=77134807] Yes bro..its 4K, they recently released 2019 models last week..but pocket no go too deep like that..i don't even have a monitor now..na PS4 i dey game with..dey suffer for 40FPS for High settings...swear console gaming is wack[ smiley/quote]

cheesy grin cheesy

I've only played games on the PS4 once or twice. So, I can't confirm if it's true.

My broda, if you buy that 4k monitor paired with a 2080... Omo, you can never go back to console gaming. Unless, you want to play exculsives.

Good luck broda. grin grin
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by MrDojo(m): 6:50am On Mar 31, 2019
pcguru1:

Lol I dont over clock after melting my first GPU. I don't know I have never seen a 2080 that person must be rich

Same here ooo... I think OC is overrated. Anybody that had 2080-2080ti na Baba. Even that your system is mad. Two 1080ti... Omo, you self na Baba, too.
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 7:19am On Mar 31, 2019
giftq:
4GB graphics card for sale.

Contact O9O73904042 for price

GTX 1050, as you can see I have already posted a price. Is yours lower than that? So maybe someone looking to build can test it. I never really understood why people hide their prices.

UPDATE
Price is N80,000. Says it’s negotiable though
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 7:22am On Mar 31, 2019
pcguru1:

I think AMD floored intel with the ryzen though. Unless you’re really looking at single core performance, the AMD is a much cheaper and better choice right now. Still watching for the benchmarks from the 9th generation intel cores though.

Nice build btw. Real nice

1 Like

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 7:23am On Mar 31, 2019
pcguru1:
I checked omo I think I will go with AMD 580 I just need it for emulators, what's your email, let's talk nice thread

You can reach me on Seun.payne@gmail.com
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 7:24am On Mar 31, 2019
MrDojo:

Freesync all the way o. I’m very budget conscious right now. But over the next year I’ll be swapping out parts and taking the rig to a higher level. For now this is as much as I can spend without madam making me sleep outside

6 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 7:26am On Mar 31, 2019
Patrick33:
Yes bro..its 4K, they recently released 2019 models last week..but pocket no go too deep like that..i don't even have a monitor now..na PS4 i dey game with..dey suffer for 40FPS for High settings...swear console gaming is wack

You know, I’ve always wondered how the console graphics compare to the PC. Console gaming has its perks but PC will always remain king. No fanboy should come and derail my thread o.
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Patrick33(m): 7:29am On Mar 31, 2019
[quote author=MrDojo post=77134974][/quote] The only exclusive i care bout now is red d
ead redemption 2 and its gonna be released for PC late this year..rockstar is being paid to keep it for consoles for a period of time only..dont care much bout spiderman or GOW4.

2 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Patrick33(m): 7:32am On Mar 31, 2019
seunpayne:

You know, I’ve always wondered how the console graphics compare to the PC. Console gaming has its perks but PC will always remain king. No fanboy should come and derail my thread o.
only the exclusives and longetivity its has over PC bro...besides that its sorry...when i see xbox and ps4 fans fighting am like see this bunch of novices..lol..anyways Google stadia is gonna blow them away pretty soon
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 7:39am On Mar 31, 2019
Patrick33:
only the exclusives and longetivity its has over PC bro...besides that its sorry...when i see xbox and ps4 fans fighting am like see this bunch of novices..lol..anyways Google stadia is gonna blow them away pretty soon

I don’t know that I trust google to take gaming to any next level. Those people have commitment issues to projects that don’t become a hit immediately. And considering the fact that it is streaming...hmmm...don’t hold your breath sha
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by MrDojo(m): 8:05am On Mar 31, 2019
seunpayne:

Freesync all the way o. I’m very budget conscious right now. But over the next year I’ll be swapping out parts and taking the rig to a higher level. For now this is as much as I can spend without madam making me sleep outside

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 31, 2019
MrDojo:

Same here ooo... I think OC is overrated. Anybody that had 2080-2080ti na Baba. Even that your system is mad. Two 1080ti... Omo, you self na Baba, too.

Lol na my brother oh I can't afford two GPU those two GPU cost almost 700k my brother uses them for rendering and graphics. Me na only 1 GPU I need

2 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Patrick33(m): 12:40pm On Mar 31, 2019
got this pic from PC gamers group on FB...na so i want make my New setup be grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Different Kind Of Video Gamers: Which Category Do You Fall Into? / HELP:Anyone Know How To Play Local Multiplayer Game On Dream League Soccer 2017? / How To Fix Pes 2017 Lagging Or Slowing Problem on pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.