Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig (9992 Views)

PC Gaming Kit:level Up Your Gaming Rig(tips For Building The Perfect PC Setup). / What Else To Do With A Pc Gaming Rig / Help My Ps3 Resolution Is Displaying 576p Instead Of 720p Or 1080p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2019
Patrick33:
got this pic from PC gamers group on FB...na so i want make my New setup be grin

This is wife material right here tongue

3 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2019
UPDATE 06/04/19
So I finally got a case. And for N15,000 shocked shocked . Its the Gigabyte Setto II 142. Its a big case with two 120mm fans. One intake and one exhaust. It also has a dedicated vent for the CPU cooler. We moving

3 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 9:57pm On Apr 06, 2019
UPDATE 2 06/04/19
So after my order was cancelled last week, I had to place the order again. It arrives next week. I am also happy to announce that I have received the game codes as promised so now I have access to choose between The Division 2, Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2. We moving

2 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by shogsman(m): 4:53am On Apr 07, 2019
Y'all beefing console gamers should stop already, a ps4 pro will run the same game and exclusives at 4k,so I don't understand what the fuss is all about.

2 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by shogsman(m): 4:55am On Apr 07, 2019
Then again you're building a 1080p rig ,sounds like a ps4 to me bro.

1 Like

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 6:11am On Apr 07, 2019
shogsman:
Y'all beefing console gamers should stop already, a ps4 pro will run the same game and exclusives at 4k,so I don't understand what the fuss is all about.

I think you’re the one beefing o. Nobody’s said anything about if the ps4 can or cannot do anything. Ain’t no fuss, if you read my post you’ll see that I have an Xbox one. So I’m as much a console gamer as you are. I’m just here to enjoy the game. As soon as you can play civilization 6 on 4K please let me know. Until then please respect other people’s choices as to what platform they choose and chop life. It’s never the competition people make it out to be.

4 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by shogsman(m): 8:37am On Apr 07, 2019
seunpayne:

I think you’re the one beefing o. Nobody’s said anything about if the ps4 can or cannot do anything. Ain’t no fuss, if you read my post you’ll see that I have an Xbox one. So I’m as much a console gamer as you are. I’m just here to enjoy the game. As soon as you can play civilization 6 on 4K please let me know. Until then please respect other people’s choices as to what platform they choose and chop life. It’s never the competition people make it out to be.

Just yanking your chain ,PC is a superior platform.
But console aiiint as bad as you guys make it out to be.

1 Like

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by tobasamuels: 9:56am On Apr 07, 2019
Please where did you buy it from? Cases are the bane of my every build.
seunpayne:
UPDATE 06/04/19
So I finally got a case. And for N15,000 shocked shocked . Its the Gigabyte Setto II 142. Its a big case with two 120mm fans. One intake and one exhaust. It also has a dedicated vent for the CPU cooler. We moving
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 10:47am On Apr 07, 2019
shogsman:

Just yanking your chain ,PC is a superior platform.
But console aiiint as bad as you guys make it out to be.

Haaaa...agbalaba like me. Well you had me going there. Omo console ain’t bad full stop. If high FPS doesn’t give you a hard on, pc gaming sef can get real expensive quick. All the money I for don buy Xbox one X and chill.

4 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 10:51am On Apr 07, 2019
tobasamuels:
Please where did you buy it from? Cases are the bane of my every build.

I have to be the luckiest builder sha. Went to buy UPS for my build and while I was there I just casually asked if they had a case. They said the last one they had was bad. I said let me look at it. When the brought it I immediately saw that it had bends from bad handling, probably during shipping. Apart from that it seemed in excellent shape. I asked how much and they said 25k. After pricing sha, we settled at 15k. Didn’t even look hard at the specs until I got home. Pure luck my friend
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by tobasamuels: 3:17pm On Apr 08, 2019
In Nigeria. shocked please where did you get it from, tell us.

For those that build, we should have a list of places to get some items that aren't cost effective to ship.
I've been trying to get a 1440p monitor for a while now.

seunpayne:

I have to be the luckiest builder sha. Went to buy UPS for my build and while I was there I just casually asked if they had a case. They said the last one they had was bad. I said let me look at it. When the brought it I immediately saw that it had bends from bad handling, probably during shipping. Apart from that it seemed in excellent shape. I asked how much and they said 25k. After pricing sha, we settled at 15k. Didn’t even look hard at the specs until I got home. Pure luck my friend

2 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 6:20pm On Apr 08, 2019
tobasamuels:
In Nigeria. shocked please where did you get it from, tell us.

For those that build, we should have a list of places to get some items that aren't cost effective to ship.
I've been trying to get a 1440p monitor for a while now.

Abuja o. Wuse zone 3. I think it’ll be much easier to get in Lagos though. Those monitors are expensive o. Cheap but shipping is a chore. I import a lot of goods for work. So I usually try to add those heavy items to them to take advantage of shipping rebates. I’ll be ordering my monitor during Easter. Should be buying stuff for a job then. Until then I’m using my TV.
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by tobasamuels: 6:35am On Apr 09, 2019
Chai, see lucky pikin. I need to quit my job and find one that has shipping

seunpayne:

Abuja o. Wuse zone 3. I think it’ll be much easier to get in Lagos though. Those monitors are expensive o. Cheap but shipping is a chore. I import a lot of goods for work. So I usually try to add those heavy items to them to take advantage of shipping rebates. I’ll be ordering my monitor during Easter. Should be buying stuff for a job then. Until then I’m using my TV.

1 Like

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 7:22am On Apr 09, 2019
tobasamuels:
Chai, see lucky pikin. I need to quit my job and find one that has shipping

Ahhh, don’t quit if it’s a good job o. Instead find a friend that has a job that has shipping and keep your job. That’s a win/win.

2 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by tobasamuels: 7:40am On Apr 09, 2019
Please ask those your Abuja peeps if they get cases on a regular. It'll be cheaper to buy and waybill than to buy from overs or even Lagos.
I might have some new builds soon.
seunpayne:

Ahhh, don’t quit if it’s a good job o. Instead find a friend that has a job that has shipping and keep your job. That’s a win/win.
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 10:42pm On Apr 14, 2019
Wow, it’s been a long week, finally built it. Runs like a charm. Overclocked it to run at 3.9Ghz at 1.37V. Ram was over clocked to run at 3000Mhz my benchmarks are good but she runs a bit hot. Max temp when I’m gaming hit about 70*C which for me is too high. I’ll be buying a bigger CPU cooler when I’m getting second stick of ram next month. Playing division on 1080p high at 70fps is what I call a breeze. I’m back to PC gaming and it’s amazing. Paid for Origin Access Premier so I can play anthem and fifa 19.

I’ll answer any questions you have to the best of my knowledge including buying and shipping options and best advice on budget builds.

4 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 14, 2019
seunpayne:
Wow, it’s been a long week, finally built it. Runs like a charm. Overclocked it to run at 3.9Ghz at 1.37V. Ram was over clocked to run at 3000Mhz my benchmarks are good but she runs a bit hot. Max temp when I’m gaming hit about 70*C which for me is too high. I’ll be buying a bigger CPU cooler when I’m getting second stick of ram next month. Playing division on 1080p high at 70fps is what I call a breeze. I’m back to PC gaming and it’s amazing. Paid for Origin Access Premier so I can play anthem and fifa 19.

I’ll answer any questions you have to the best of my knowledge including buying and shipping options and best advice on budget builds.
Pics pls
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by tobasamuels: 1:48am On Apr 15, 2019
Congrats and welcome. My 3tb with games from my Uni days till now crashed about a week ago
So I have a monster Pc that I can only watch films on.

seunpayne:

1 Like

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 12:02am On Apr 16, 2019
kemicalreaction:
Pics pls

I’ll take some in the morning, mind you, I didn’t go for bells and whistles with the case so the real power is in the performance
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 12:04am On Apr 16, 2019
tobasamuels:
Congrats and welcome. My 3tb with games from my Uni days till now crashed about a week ago
So I have a monster Pc that I can only watch films on.

Currently downloading about 15 games between 2017-2019 right now. About 300GB in total. Already finished far cry primal. Next up is far cry 5

My playlist is long sha.

1 Like

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Nobody: 6:15am On Apr 16, 2019
seunpayne:

I’ll take some in the morning, mind you, I didn’t go for bells and whistles with the case so the real power is in the performance
Ok boss
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 08, 2019
seunpayne:

Currently downloading about 15 games between 2017-2019 right now. About 300GB in total. Already finished far cry primal. Next up is far cry 5

My playlist is long sha.
Did you buy these ones or you downloaded them? Where are you downloading from?
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by wman(m): 10:05am On May 10, 2019
Nice thread. Well done SeunPayne
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Nobody: 10:08am On May 10, 2019
seunpayne:

My playlist is long sha.
shocked Wow, which data did you use. Show me the way abeg
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Landargas: 9:40pm On May 18, 2019
I just do not understand why you decided to go with that GPU when you already have something like 2200G with inner APU anyway and visa versa you can simply obtain another processor from Ryzen and go with something else here really. So it will not matter that much.
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 10:36pm On May 20, 2019
NeededGist:

Did you buy these ones or you downloaded them? Where are you downloading from?

Mostly uplay, origin and steam. Then some are from torrents. Didn’t pay for everything. Can’t shout

1 Like

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 10:37pm On May 20, 2019
kemicalreaction:
shocked Wow, which data did you use. Show me the way abeg

Na office o. The internet is supper fast there
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by seunpayne(m): 10:41pm On May 20, 2019
Landargas:
I just do not understand why you decided to go with that GPU when you already have something like 2200G with inner APU anyway and visa versa you can simply obtain another processor from Ryzen and go with something else here really. So it will not matter that much.

I don’t follow, the Vega 8 in the 2200G is miles behind the RX580 in performance. No way you’ll advice anyone to pick an APU over a traditional GPU. Besides if you check the internet right now you’ll see it’s one of the best cards in terms of value. Ultra on everything I’ve thrown at it in 1080p. It’s a no brainer to me

3 Likes

Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Boonedocks(m): 4:18pm On Jun 26, 2019
Abeg o , we way no get money and experience but still want to game on system, which do you advice I buy (I'm sick of PlayStation and xbox, I want to go back to PC)
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by tobasamuels: 9:49am On Jun 29, 2019
It depends on your budget. And what type of gaming you want to engage in

Boonedocks:
Abeg o , we way no get money and experience but still want to game on system, which do you advice I buy (I'm sick of PlayStation and xbox, I want to go back to PC)
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Boonedocks(m): 3:09am On Jul 01, 2019
tobasamuels:
It depends on your budget. And what type of gaming you want to engage in

Mostly FIFA 19
Re: The Journey: Building A Budget 1080p Gaming Rig by Boonedocks(m): 8:48am On Jul 01, 2019
So a friend of mine has a Dell XPS 8500 I5 sitting around and I talk him into giving me the PC after some weekend flexing and 10k naira.. (I must be lucky),
As I said earlier I'm mostly into FIFA, so my question is what do I need to add to this PC for it to becoming a moderate gaming pc

Specs:
Ram 4gb
Processor Intel i5-3570s CPU @3.10Ghz, 3101Mhz, 4cores, 4 logical processor
Graphics card Geforce GT 620

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HELP:Anyone Know How To Play Local Multiplayer Game On Dream League Soccer 2017? / The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread / How To Fix Pes 2017 Lagging Or Slowing Problem on pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.