Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,703 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:14 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70225 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2010
duduspace:

No mind Debosky joo, too many plastic arsenal fans. You can hammer your team when they lose, but you have to back your team at the end of the day.  This is the first slip up by this team this season and some fans are collaborating with the media to make it look like a calamity.  Did Messi look like a world beater when Hercules overran them some weeks back? undecided

According to KSA, "Let them say", we are still smiling to the bank and expecting some silverware this season. tongue tongue COYG.

You’ve come again with your rose tinted completely opaque blind man specs. . . .How on God’s green earth can this be the first slip up?

When Arshavin and Wilshere played mumu football on the edge of the box for Liverpool to score, was that a slip down? Interestingly the same mumu football on the edge of the box happened with Song at the Emirates on Saturday, leading to the second goal and you’re saying this is the ‘first’ slip up?

Was conceding a 95th minute equaliser against Sunderland not clear evidence of a slip up?

How many goal costing mistakes has Clichy made already this season that you are saying our ‘first’ slip up was on Saturday?

Is this the first game that Koscielny will make a disastrous mistake that costs a goal?

Fabianski not being able to save a simple shot on Tuesday isn’t a slip up?

Must you LOSE a game to call it a slip up?

Our standards must have become abysmally low. :/

Comparing the nonsense we did yesterday to Messi vs Hercules must be the most disingenuous comparison ever - are Barca coming off 3 years of REPEATEDLY making the same mistakes? Have they had a useless No 1 and 2 keeper like us for 3 years and counting? Have they had mofos like Clichy going backwards for 2 seasons on the trot yet retaining his place?

Do they have lazy twats like Diaby who plays one good game in three?

Before that loss, how many ridiculous home defeats had they had in the past 3 years? How many have we had at the Emirates? Remember Fulham? Hull? Spurs coming back to draw 4-4?  angry angry

Don’t even get me started today - go rejoice about the £56m in the bank but don’t come making claims this is our ‘first’ slip up. Each time this side takes to the pitch, there is a disaster waiting to happen out there.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2010
debosky:

You’ve come again with your rose tinted completely opaque blind man specs. . . .How on God’s green earth can this be the first slip up?

When Arshavin and Wilshere played mumu football on the edge of the box for Liverpool to score, was that a slip down? Interestingly the same mumu football on the edge of the box happened with Song at the Emirates on Saturday, leading to the second goal and you’re saying this is the ‘first’ slip up?

Was conceding a 95th minute equaliser against Sunderland not clear evidence of a slip up?

How many goal costing mistakes has Clichy made already this season that you are saying our ‘first’ slip up was on Saturday?

Is this the first game that Koscielny will make a disastrous mistake that costs a goal?

Fabianski not being able to save a simple shot on Tuesday isn’t a slip up?

Must you LOSE a game to call it a slip up?

Our standards must have become abysmally low. :/

Comparing the nonsense we did yesterday to Messi vs Hercules must be the most disingenuous comparison ever - are Barca coming off 3 years of REPEATEDLY making the same mistakes? Have they had a useless No 1 and 2 keeper like us for 3 years and counting? Have they had mofos like Clichy going backwards for 2 seasons on the trot yet retaining his place?

Do they have lazy twats like Diaby who plays one good game in three?

Before that loss, how many ridiculous home defeats had they had in the past 3 years? How many have we had at the Emirates? Remember Fulham? Hull? Spurs coming back to draw 4-4?  angry angry

Don’t even get me started today - go rejoice about the £56m in the bank but don’t come making claims this is our ‘first’ slip up. Each time this side takes to the pitch, there is a disaster waiting to happen out there.

This is a load of bull, the performances so far this season has been impressive until against WBA, I didn't hear you saying this last week  or when we went and got the win at WHL, even the D&G brigade seemed to be getting converted at a stage but then old habits die hard.

I don't blame you, when Myles Palmer has become your bosom buddy and yu're quoting him says it all really.  grin grin
Now Arsenal is expected to win all matches or what? or they are not expected to concede any goals? because all the other teams have only come to watch Arsenal or what? abi what is your definition of a team slip up?

It is sad, but some of those who claim to be fans are actually waiting for their club to slip up and that is a sad situation of things, it doesn't have to be that way.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2010
duduspace:

No mind Debosky joo, too many plastic arsenal fans. You can hammer your team when they lose, but you have to back your team at the end of the day.  This is the first slip up by this team this season and some fans are collaborating with the media to make it look like a calamity.  Did Messi look like a world beater when Hercules overran them some weeks back? undecided

According to KSA, "Let them say", we are still smiling to the bank and expecting some silverware this season. tongue tongue COYG.

so what are u ? METALLIC ?

RUBBISH ! angry cool

ur 1st and last names are DELUSION !!! cool

I would soon be back and bet u . . .I will fire from all cylinders cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 5:48pm On Sep 27, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

so what are u ? METALLIC ?

RUBBISH !  angry  cool

your 1st and last names are DELUSION !!!  cool

I would soon be back and bet u  . . .I will fire from all cylinders  cool
Dr Kit!! cool grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 5:59pm On Sep 27, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

so what are u ? [b]METALLIC ?[/b]

RUBBISH ! angry cool

your 1st and last names are DELUSION !!! cool

I would soon be back and bet u . . .I will fire from all cylinders cool

Yes o, cast iron METALLIC, not brittle like you and Debo who seem to have gotten tired.  Na Arsenal till I die even if I have to take flak from fellow fans who seem about to retire, I back my team always, put my money where my mouth is and support what I believe is best for my team.  tongue tongue

I've told Debo not to make the 5 years trophyless period a consideration in everything he writes, every season is a new one when I compared Barca's Hercules' loss to ours I wasn't talking in terms of 5 years, we live in the now, if some people want the past to hang over everything that happens fair game to them.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2010
they day you'll feel one kind e-slap for your pc just know it came from me angry

Seriously do you really read through your own posts when you are bored? angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2010
mukina2:

they day you'll feel one kind e-slap for your pc just know it came from me angry

Seriously do you really read through your own posts when you are bored? angry

Abeg Muki, I no get your time now, I don't mind getting friendly slaps from women as long as it isn't embarrasing in public. I don't read thru my posts as I'm not that much of a Narcisist but I say it as I feel at that time. I believe the club is on the right track so it will take more than a silly loss at WBA that shouldn't have happened to shake my belief.

FFS, we sent a team of U18s with Szczesny in goal to beat this WBA team (bar Odemwingie) 2-0 last season, the team was better than that result so it is clear to me something went badly wrong. To now start passing judgement on this team on that one result alone seems to me very unfair.

On another note, at least a player both myself and Dr. Kit likes will be on duty again today in the Reserves, now if Dr. Kit wants to proceed on Aluta to emirates to put pressure on Arsene to play JET, I will gladly join him, it might help to give Chamakh some needed rest IMO.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by pappilo(m): 6:33pm On Sep 27, 2010
duduspace:

I think there should be a button to do it through my profile, I can't find it when I view your profile too, not sure if it has to do with some lockdowns on internet explorer while I'm at work, will check when I get home. Where is Log Me In when you need it?  undecided

Diaby misses the trip to Belgrade, methinks he was rushed back a bit too soon, Gibbs is back in the squad, I hope that foot is fully healed.

I didnt find the button but I have sent you a message on Yahoo msngr. Please have a look and let me know if you will kindly oblige my request.

Regards
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by pappilo(m): 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2010
@ duduspace

What do you think about Scezney making the trip to Belgrade and not Mannone. I have searched everywhere to see if Mannone is out injured but no such news. Do you not think the gaffer might be rewarding Scezney's rebellion?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 6:44pm On Sep 27, 2010
Backing a team does not mean putting up with crap neither does slating the team when they perform badly mean fans are 'plastic'. In fact in my books, any fan who blindly supports the team is just that, BLIND!

There is nothing wrong with the current Arsenal team first 11 except Almunia. Clichy's position can be replaced by Gibbs or Vermallen but Almunia has Fabianski (another rubber ankles) waiting to take his place. And has this not been the story of our last 4/5 seasons?

At the beginning of the season, everyone including monsieur Arsene himself acknowledged we need a new goalkeeper (from his transfer movements) and anyone who wants to win titles must do something about his weaknesses.

Sad thing for me is that this season like last season seems to be the season when we can actually win the EPL. Apart from Chelsea, I can boast of being capable of defeating any other team at Emirates. And apart from United and Chelsea, I can also confidently say we can beat other teams on their home grounds. But definitely not with the kind of GK we have. Definitely not.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 6:47pm On Sep 27, 2010
Arsene said one GK will go on loan. I think that GK will be Manone
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2010
proudly9ja:

Backing a team does not mean putting up with crap neither does slating the team when they perform badly mean fans are 'plastic'. In fact in my books, any fan who blindly supports the team is just that, BLIND!

I won't argue if someone's opinion of me is that I blindly support my club, but my eyes are open enough to admit when the team has messed up. The team has messed up on saturday but that this team has improved over last year is not in question which is what makes the collapse on Saturday even more baffling and annoying. What happened on saturday is not considered normal at the emirates.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 7:15pm On Sep 27, 2010
I don't know why Duduspace keeps thinking he is the only legit Gunner on this forum? Is Arsenal's performance over the last 5 seasons not worth getting frustrated over

As for the Almunia case while he is no Lev Yashin I am sure he would look better over a good back-line I really think we should apportion more blame to the rest of our defence their positioning and their mental awareness can be school-boyish at times
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 7:37pm On Sep 27, 2010
A-40:

I don't know why Duduspace keeps thinking he is the only legit Gunner on this forum? Is Arsenal's performance over the last 5 seasons not worth getting frustrated over
I have never said I'm the only legit Gooner, that is a false accusation A-40, If you look at my post I just pointed out Debo is a gooner through and through, he's even been here long before I came to the forum and I really respect that, my statement about Dr. Kit and Debo getting tired was tongue in cheek I am an eternal optimist and they are pessimists that is all.

As to Arsenal's performance in the past 5 years, what can I say? not the best of times I must say but I still don't believe we need to hang it as an anchor round our necks though and let it affect our perception of the good things happening in the club, it will only drag us down but at the end of the day, water finds its level and I don't believe we will stay always on the brink of achievement, we will either make it some day or fall soon. I don't see us falling and I'm willing to wait till we make it so I personally thumb my nose at the media everytime they bring it up but fair game to them, they've got to say something haven't they?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2010
I hope chelski just won't over beat us,@least if we can aim for a draw.It's obvious without fab4 we always struggle creatively,so risk playing him on Saturday and we just might lose him to another injury.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kenkruse: 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2010
‎''we can attack but we are not too effective in scoring,especially against big clubs[ in particular chelsea] Damn,don't even want to know that Drogba exists[hate that bitch, oops]''
a candid reaction from arsenal facebook fan

May God save us from chelsea, angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kenkruse: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2010
All we are saying is that(sic) this CHELSEA winning over ARSENAL should stop.

another reaction from arsenal fan, what shall we do
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2010
@Duduspace
Seeing the team and manager make the same mistakes in defence and attack season after season and not seriously trying to learn from those errors is what is driving fans loony and not the lack of trophies per se. I think this has been explained to you before

We all want the team to win or we won't waste kilojoules of energy posting year after match after match even after numerous disappointments.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2010
duduspace:

This is a load of bull, the performances so far this season has been impressive until against WBA, I didn't hear you saying this last week  or when we went and got the win at WHL, even the D&G brigade seemed to be getting converted at a stage but then old habits die hard.

What did you hear me say last week?   That we were excellent for allowing Sunderland to score in the 95th minute?   What was impressive about the only goal we scored coming from a freak deflection?  

We've had some good performances, but the 'best' have been against two sides playing with ten men at the Emirates. . . .that is not a reflection of reality.

I said the Tottenham performance was good because it was - in the same vein I have every right to condemn the unbelievable shambles we saw on Saturday, especially when we've been seeing bits and pieces of it all season :

- Koscielny howler collection (numerous examples)
- Almunia beaten weakly at his near post (against Liverpool)
- complacency outside the box (against Liverpool)

When persistent errors now come together to show themselves in one game, only a blind man will think they are the first slip ups. . . .the indicators have been screaming that this was going to happen.

I don't blame you, when Myles Palmer has become your bosom buddy and yu're quoting him says it all really.  grin grin

Read the post - it wasn't Myles Palmer that said it - the person Myles P quoted saw exactly what I saw over the weekend and the results have confirmed it. But then again, you are still wearing your blind man goggles so I don't expect you to see wood for trees.

While you are feeding on propaganda, people are giving concise analysis of ACTIONS taken by Wenger and the board and the results are backing them up - sadly so. There is no fan out there happy for the club to do badly, what they HATE is to be right and see the same idiotic, correctable errors repeating themselves.  sad

Now Arsenal is expected to win all matches or what? or they are not expected to concede any goals? because all the other teams have only come to watch Arsenal or what? abi what is your definition of a team slip up?

A slip up is when your players make a patently moronic mistake - we tend to be the KINGS at doing that. How many of the goals this season have we thought. . . 'wow fantastic goal - kudos to the opposition'?  

When Rose scored the goal of his life against us (Albeit partly an Almunia mistake) we respected the goal. . . which one of the rubbish goals we've conceded have been awesome?  

What we usually say is that is a Godawful goal to concede!! For you to be spouting nonsense that we haven't slipped up when the errors are MOUNTING daily is unbelievable. If you won't say the truth, I will.

It is sad, but some of those who claim to be fans are actually waiting for their club to slip up and that is a sad situation of things, it doesn't have to be that way.

Who is waiting for the club to slip up?

Did I tell AW not to sign a goalie over the summer? What kind of crap are you spewing? Did I tell him to keep playing Diaby that can't be arsed to play consistently game after game?

While you might put on blinkers and keep thinking about an imaginary future that will NEVER come to pass with the current attitude of Wenger and the board, the rest of us will not be deluded.

If you are satisfied with this nonsense, I AM NOT.

duduspace:

I've told Debo not to make the 5 years trophyless period a consideration in everything he writes, every season is a new one when I compared Barca's Hercules' loss to ours I wasn't talking in terms of 5 years, we live in the now, if some people want the past to hang over everything that happens fair game to them.

Stop nonsense comparisons like Barca vs Hercules. . . . they didn't sell off their entire squad and start from scratch, so we MUST look at their performance in context of the last couple of years. If you claim the squad has 'improved', wasn't that comparing it to the previous season?  

Every season is NOT a new one - not when you keep making THE SAME mistakes as you've been making for three years. If you can't comprehend this then there is little hope for you.   undecided

Besides, I didn't talk about the last 5 years in my post, showing you are just recycling your inane arguments without reading. I mentioned specific time periods with the shambles we call GKs and a coach persistently refusing to improve things when needed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biolabee(m): 8:20pm On Sep 27, 2010
interesting posts and counterposts
Nice one debo putting dudu in his place about the slip ups

We have slipped up thrice dude,

we could not beat a 10 man kop team, hold on to a goal at stade d light (+ missed penaytity) and finally lost at home to wba. (a perenial relegation/promotion team over the last lawd knows seasons)

a title contender does not make this slipups and if they did they would learn from it.
we are not

i agree only one team can win but dudespace, we are not even trying.

and since we are all the rest are plastic fans and u the only METALLIC fans , no vex
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 8:25pm On Sep 27, 2010
biolabee:

and since we are all the rest are plastic fans and u the only METALLIC fans , no vex

If you make yourself a plastic fan even before I make you one, what exactly am I supposed to ? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2010
Thank God Diaby is missing the game. . . . . .let him spend some time at home and learn a thing or two about commitment on the pitch. angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biolabee(m): 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2010
duduspace wish i could see ur face
u hv a funny sense of humour and quite witty too which is y i cant reconcile that image i hv of u with that of a dogged Arsene fan.
u blv so much in him and his spin.

i hv always said it only one team can win a title but for lawds sake put a fight in it and mean it
fab4 always puts his heart innit every game but cant say the same for diaby, denilson.
sagna and clichy have regressed steadily over the last 3 seasons.
almunia is not just good enuff though i agree he tries.
arshavin is class but is easily let down by his team mates which is y he still puts in one goal and one assist in a 'poor' game
talking of plastic u ve forgotten rvp and walcott
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 8:54pm On Sep 27, 2010
no comment! :d
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2010
Our next 3 Away games if we can manage 4 points would be a Miracle.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by olodo(m): 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2010
@ Debo nicely said. If what everybody is saying only means we are PLASTIC fans to duduspace. Then me think its better to be a plastic fan than a one-man glorified Metalic fan. Maybe wha u need to understand is that games like this is a pointer to what to expect in future. Let me ask u this question dudu, can u say wit all honesty that after this shambolic performance against WBA. u can boast that arsenal will beat d chavs on sunday or at least a draw? If u can answere this honestly u can then understand dear, its nt just about d game wt WBA. It a whole lot more.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 9:16pm On Sep 27, 2010
Oh Flappy in goal tommorrow and prolly against the Chavs? lipsrsealed

I will pass. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2010
debosky:

We've had some good performances, but the 'best' have been against two sides playing with ten men at the Emirates. . . .that is not a reflection of reality.

Now these are the kinds of statement I would expect from a none Arsenal supporter, and the kinds of statements I question, pray did those teams take to the pitch with 10 men?

debosky:

I said the Tottenham performance was good because it was - in the same vein I have every right to condemn the unbelievable shambles we saw on Saturday, especially when we've been seeing bits and pieces of it all season :

By all means condemn performances, what I question is your condemnation of the team. Condeming performances is all fine and dandy but to condemn the team on one loss isn't right. You can even chose to condemn some players as being never able to make it as long as yu're prepared to eat your words when they do.

debosky:

- Koscielny howler collection (numerous examples)
- Almunia beaten weakly at his near post (against Liverpool)
- complacency outside the box (against Liverpool)

When persistent errors now come together to show themselves in one game, only a blind man will think they are the first slip ups. . . .the indicators have been screaming that this was going to happen.

And are you telling me Liverpool didn't have their howlers? where is liverpool today? Manure and Chelsea haven't had their own individual player errors? this is nitpicking and if you refect on it or maybe when you calm down yu'll see that. Question performances fine, but don't go overboard when things don't go well, its like a baby throwing its playthings out of its pram because the mother didn't give him one he had his heart set upon.

Now yu've listed Koscielny up there but are you not one of those raving about him just recently? even Myles Palmer had some good words for him recently.

debosky:

Read the post - it wasn't Myles Palmer that said it - the person Myles P quoted saw exactly what I saw over the weekend and the results have confirmed it. But then again, you are still wearing your blind man goggles so I don't expect you to see wood for trees.
Is it not from Myles Palmer's site? even if Myles Palmer didn't write it, from the article he supported every word of it.

debosky:

While you are feeding on propaganda, people are giving concise analysis of ACTIONS taken by Wenger and the board and the results are backing them up - sadly so. There is no fan out there happy for the club to do badly, what they HATE is to be right and see the same idiotic, correctable errors repeating themselves.  sad

what sort of useless analysis is that? that will not give the team credit for their achievements but always have a snide remark even when the team wins? like the one you put up there about playing with 10 men, and then make every loss look like the heavens are about to fall? come on, spare me the sarcasm.

debosky:

When Rose scored the goal of his life against us (Albeit partly an Almunia mistake) we respected the goal. . . which one of the rubbish goals we've conceded have been awesome?  

What we usually say is that is a Godawful goal to concede!! For you to be spouting nonsense that we haven't slipped up when the errors are MOUNTING daily is unbelievable. If you won't say the truth, I will.

While you might put on blinkers and keep thinking about an imaginary future that will NEVER come to pass with the current attitude of Wenger and the board, the rest of us will not be deluded.
[Quote]
If you are satisfied with this nonsense, I AM NOT.
[/quote]

Satisfaction and understanding that you have to crawl before you fly are two different things. I'm amazed you can't see the distinction.

debosky:

Stop nonsense comparisons like Barca vs Hercules. . . . they didn't sell off their entire squad and start from scratch, so we MUST look at their performance in context of the last couple of years. If you claim the squad has 'improved', wasn't that comparing it to the previous season?  

Now yu're actually giving the team excuses, I didn't know you now acknowledge that we started from scratch and there was a project youth which you were denying last season. There is hope for you yet.
If we also started from scratch, don't you expect to see improvement year on year? undecided

debosky:

Every season is NOT a new one - not when you keep making THE SAME mistakes as you've been making for three years. If you can't comprehend this then there is little hope for you.   undecided

Well maybe we keep on making the same mistakes, but we also keep on doing a lot of right things well, hence why we always go to europe, its not all D&G from where I stand.

debosky:

Besides, I didn't talk about the last 5 years in my post, showing you are just recycling your inane arguments without reading. I mentioned specific time periods with the shambles we call GKs and a coach persistently refusing to improve things when needed.

[Quote]Comparing the nonsense we did yesterday to Messi vs Hercules must be the most disingenuous comparison ever - are Barca coming off 3 years of REPEATEDLY making the same mistakes? Have they had a useless No 1 and 2 keeper like us for 3 years and counting?  Have they had mofos like Clichy going backwards for 2 seasons on the trot yet retaining his place? [/quote]

Don't know about you but this looked like a reference to the past to me or is it a reference to the future?  tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 9:32pm On Sep 27, 2010
hehe lamentation and frustration induced by years of trophylessness. . . . this must be a true reflection of life as an arsenal fan
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2010
duduspace:

By all means condemn performances, what I question is your condemnation of the team. Condeming performances is all fine and dandy but to condemn the team on one loss isn't right. You can even chose to condemn some players as being never able to make it as long as yu're prepared to eat your words when they do.

Rubbish - when did I condemn the team? The individuals have been singled out in my posts - again start READING my posts not some imaginary script in your head.

And are you telling me Liverpool didn't have their howlers? where is liverpool today? Manure and Chelsea haven't had their own individual player errors? this is nitpicking and if you refect on it or maybe when you calm down yu'll see that. Question performances fine, but don't go overboard when things don't go well, its like a baby throwing its playthings out of its pram because the mother didn't give him one he had his heart set upon.

Why stop at Liverpool? You might as well ask me why Stoke and Blackburn play rugby football.  cry

Your standards are hopelessly low that you will seek out the lowest common denominator to justify mediocrity instead of looking at the abysmal nature of our performances.

Now yu've listed Koscielny up there but are you not one of those raving about him just recently? even Myles Palmer had some good words for him recently.

Get it straight - I will criticise a player if he makes consistent mistakes. . . .I have cut Kos some slack because this is his first season, but things need to IMPROVE rapidly.

what sort of useless analysis is that? that will not give the team credit for their achievements but always have a snide remark even when the team wins? like the one you put up there about playing with 10 men, and then make every loss look like the heavens are about to fall? come on, spare me the sarcasm.

Again, READ my posts - because I don't agree that ALL the performances have been 'fantastic' apart from West Brom like you think doesn't imply I don't give them credit. I am not lulled into complacency like you and the side were - I still point out the BLATANT deficiencies.

Satisfaction and understanding that you have to crawl before you fly are two different things. I'm amazed you can't see the distinction.

Rubbish of the highest order. Is learning to crawl keeping IDIOTS like Almunia and Fabianski??  

You are a KING of making ridiculous excuses.

Now yu're actually giving the team excuses, I didn't know you now acknowledge that we started from scratch and there was a project youth which you were denying last season. There is hope for you yet.
If we also started from scratch, don't you expect to see improvement year on year? undecided

Which improvement? In making the same mistakes year in year out? Wow - losing to West Brom is now improvement. Congrats! Drawing in the 95th minute to Sunderland is an improvement, so is relying on Reina to score against 10 man Liverpool. This is the greatest improvement ever.

Well maybe we keep on making the same mistakes, but we also keep on doing a lot of right things well, hence why we always go to europe, its not all D&G from where I stand.

Stick to that line then, not making silly and disingenuous comments like this is the 'first slip up' - stick to consoling yourself.

Claiming we are still doing good is like a man living in a house with no roof - he rejoices he built a foundation 3 years ago, only to see the rain destroy his furniture for another year and need replacement. Such thinking is the signpost of retardation.

Don't know about you but this looked like a reference to the past to me or is it a reference to the future?  tongue tongue

You're a joker - you said I was referring to 5 years without trophies. I WAS NOT - I was referring to keeping IDIOTS like Fabianski and Almunia as our only goalies - that has gone on for three years hasn't it? Have they left? Aren't they still CURRENT keepers? Is Clichy not making the errors NOW?  undecided

Honestly you've lost all perspective and I am highly disappointed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2010
*looks in, shakes head and goes back*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2010
Is all about WINNIN WINNIN WINNIN grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (100)

Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid: UEFA Super Cup (2 - 4) On 15th August 2018 / Manchester United vs Southampton (2 - 2) On 13th July 2020 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.