Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (69901 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 9:16am On Oct 23, 2010
Its quite funny see. Cos I do remember them asking Chamahk when he came, who was considered the best dribbler at the club and he said Diaby. Doesn't make him the best player though. Just best dribbler. Like someone said earlier you have to know when to do it and when to choose another option. That is what makes Cesc Fabregas the best player in the premiership, oya another round of debate. . . .e pa ara yin!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 11:17am On Oct 23, 2010
chamotex:

Ritchboy, is Diaby a better dribbler than Adam Johnson?

YES or NO please .  . .

YES

Some people think a player doing a gazillion step-overs automatically means he's a fantastic dribbler. . . Diaby doenst need step-overs to beat his man, he just does so without fuss. . .

If I mistake a player playing crap for Denilson that must explain his antecedents.

This just proves my point you are without a clue cheesy

Only a delinquent nucca would compare Wilshere's dribbling skills to Diaby's

Of course, only a super-delinquent nucca would compare Diaby's majestic dribbling to a learner like Wilshere. . . That is akin to comparing Walcott's pace with Hyypia.

like I explained earlier a good dribbler knows when and when not to dribble! This singular trait disqualifies Diaby!

More proof you have no idea what you are talking about. . . Knowing when or when not to dribble is a measure of his decision-making and not his actual ability to execute a dribble. if you cannot understand something so simple, then i'm sorry to be the one to break it to you, but there's no cure for stupidity.

Its quite funny see. Cos I do remember them asking Chamahk when he came, who was considered the best dribbler at the club and he said Diaby. Doesn't make him the best player though. Just best dribbler.

It is unfortunate some folks here are not bright enough to grasp something so simple. For them, as long as the name on his shirt reads "DIABY", he can do no good. . .

If Diaby is considered the best dribbler at Arsenal by his team-mates, and Arsenal are clearly the most skillful team in the league(and the most skillful team in Europe with the exception of Barca), then is it so far-fetched to say Diaby is the best dribbler in the league, that we have a multitude of doofus' completely debunking the assertion? undecided

SMH!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:18pm On Oct 23, 2010
Welcome back ayusco. cool

The more genuine gooners we have posting on this thread, the less room there'll be available for twats like DK to occupy. tongue

I'm steering clear of the current argument. . . .my views are well known and there's nothing more to say.

An interesting comment from the gaffer at the AGM:

We will go for every single competition this season with every resources we have and we will give absolutely everything. We will go for the League and FA Cups this season.

Is this a change of direction or just some Wenger bluff to keep fans happy till he chucks the competitions in January? Time will tell.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 1:17pm On Oct 23, 2010
Debosky I'm sure you know with his spendophobia whenever AW mentions resources he is most likely talking about players, London Colney and our strict food diet.

Seriously tho, by Newcastle we will know if we really are taking stuff like the milk cup serious. Totoham had to be put in their place, so they don't count.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2010
slimshay:

Its quite funny see. Cos I do remember them asking Chamahk when he came, who was considered the best dribbler at the club and he said Diaby. Doesn't make him the best player though. Just best dribbler. Like someone said earlier you have to know when to do it and when to choose another option. That is what makes Cesc Fabregas the best player in the premiership, oya another round of debate. . . .e pa ara yin!!!

This is a very moronic statement.

Just like asking who is the better dribbler between Okocha and Ronaldinho, Pius Ikedia and Luis Figo, Denilson (Leg-over) and Messi
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 5:04pm On Oct 23, 2010
^^^how does your answer relate to what have I said, you senile old phool!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2010
A-40:

@Duduspace
Wait! Before I address the latest in your series of megedefegede I saw you in a previous post claiming Diaby was one of our top 3 performers last season! Say it aint so! Why you nor kuku give am PFA,FWA player of the season and even Balon D'Or. Sheesh if I didn't know any better I would have said you had his DNA in your mouth. Fabregas,Arshavin,Vermaelen,Song and Bendtner where all better I woulda added RVP,Theo and Big Sol if not for injuries and Big Sol's half season cameo

You have have some crossed wires, Ibime said he was 2nd most productive player at arsenal last season, I said I wasn't sure of top 2 but he was definitely in top 3, why are you quarreling with me and not Ibime?  undecided
Someone is playing as a withdrawn MF yet got about 6 goals and 4 assists playing most of our games. I've told you that you are too emotional about these things, the 4 most advanced players at Arsenal are the front 3 and Fabregas playing the playmaker role so you would expect them to have more in terms of goals and assists, in overall contribution to our cause last season, Diaby was definitely in the top 3, if you dispute my assertion can you make up your own top 3 and let us discuss it?

A-40:

Now to your post Apologize? Oo npe! Why don't you tell us you knew Tony Kross before his father met his mother. Its clear you judge players on how they perform in age-grade competitions sorry I don't roll that way afterall there are loads of players that shine in those tourneys and fail to cut it in the big stage. I listed all those players on the back of performances over a season and not age-grade competitions. So you don't need to expect anything from me my beards aint that long and Santa Claus is not black

This is bollocks, you listed players on performance over a season so yu're telling me you watched all matches played by all those players throughout last season? pray do you have a time machine or some afeeri from a babalawo? besides what season's data are you judging Hernanes on? abi you were watching Santo Andre's matches last season?  undecided

You make so many unfounded accusations that you can't back up it seems you roll so much in mud and its in your nature to sling it, pray in what competition did Wilshere shine in before I started talking about him? even earlier on this season I had a run in with Debo over the wisdom of Arsene playing him at Liverpool and I distinctly recall run ins with you when I said that Theo's clock was ticking with the emergence of English talent like Wilshere.

I judge players using so many parameters and not just one or catching up to some recent hype, I've followed the emergence of Toni Kroos cos there were unique attributes I saw in him as a youngster, the fact that he was banging in goals as a young boy while playing a MF position should alert you to a potential goal scoring MF, and I recall endless arguments with some people (not on this forum though) over who deserved the golden ball between him and Chrisantus in the 2007 U17. True no one knows how any young player will turn out due to the effect of injuries, off field issues or physical development going forwards but when you watch a boy in the range of 15-17 years old, the basic technique is set and from then on all he is learning is tactical going forwards.

Some players like Cesc, Kroos and Wilshere further show composure and intelligence beyond their age  in simple decisions and their overall understanding of play development (they play with a swagger is a more colourful way o expressing it) and that is why I say Kroos upper limit is higher than that of Diaby's but right now, he is not at Diaby's(who I never saw in his U19s appearance) level and the results already show in how well Bayern is playing this season methinks, though we also have the simple matter of Robben being out to injury.

One good way to also identify an exceptional player when young is to watch out for the confidence of his team mates in giving him the ball, in our own little back yard games when we were young we always knew who the top dog on the pitch was and tended to give them the ball because somehow at the back of our minds we knew they were better and would be more effective with the ball.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2010
ritchboy:

YES

Some people think a player doing a gazillion step-overs automatically means he's a fantastic dribbler. . . Diaby doenst need step-overs to beat his man, he just does so without fuss. . .
Its allowed! Ronaldo and Ronaldinho built their careers off that and so is C.Ronaldo now

ritchboy:

This just proves my point you are without a clue cheesy
Nothing says clueless than your erstwhile comparison of Vela to Messi! You are responsible for two of the most moronic statements on NL this year you should be proud of yaself

ritchboy:

Of course, only a super-delinquent nucca would compare Diaby's majestic dribbling to a learner like Wilshere. . . That is akin to comparing Walcott's pace with Hyypia.
Someone that compares Vela to Messi should not be taken serious on football matters you are better off analysing rock paper scissors. That Wilshere has cut out unnecessarily dribbles and is now playing with a maturity far beyond his years does not mean simple minded nuccas should sleep on his dribbling abilities

ritchboy:

More proof you have no idea what you are talking about. . . Knowing when or when not to dribble is a measure of his decision-making and not his actual ability to execute a dribble. if you cannot understand something so simple, then i'm sorry to be the one to break it to you, but there's no cure for stupidity.
Sheesh! You are such a simpleton you should have been born 300,000 years ago! Simple logic is too advanced for you to grasp. If a player does not know when and when not to dribble it is also an indictment on his dribbling skills because half the time he would end up giving the ball to the opponent if you dont understand this then your formative years at school and all the monies spent to put you through school (if you went to one) shoulda been blown at Magic City or Vegas at the gambling table or in between a strippers butt-cheeks

ritchboy:

It is unfortunate some folks here are not bright enough to grasp something so simple. For them, as long as the name on his shirt reads "DIABY", he can do no good. . .

If Diaby is considered the best dribbler at Arsenal by his team-mates, and Arsenal are clearly the most skillful team in the league(and the most skillful team in Europe with the exception of Barca), then is it so far-fetched to say Diaby is the best dribbler in the league, that we have a multitude of doofus' completely debunking the assertion? undecided

SMH!
Of course we are having a hard-time trying to grasp the mumble-jumble you have managed to conjure out ya anal canal. So Maroaune Chamakh represents the entire Arsenal?
Only a player's opinion should count without consulting more knowledgeable personnel on footie matters? There is a reason why players don't coach themselves dude.
Arsenal may arguably be the most skillful team in England but that does not mean that man for man we have the most skillful players! Is this too complex for your Pentium nought brain to understand? If we compiled a list of top 25 dribblers in Europe Arsenal players would be conspicuously absent including Diaby
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 8:19pm On Oct 23, 2010
duduspace:

You have have some crossed wires, Ibime said he was 2nd most productive player at arsenal last season, I said I wasn't sure of top 2 but he was definitely in top 3, why are you quarreling with me and not Ibime?  undecided
Someone is playing as a withdrawn MF yet got about 6 goals and 4 assists playing most of our games. I've told you that you are too emotional about these things, the 4 most advanced players at Arsenal are the front 3 and Fabregas playing the playmaker role so you would expect them to have more in terms of goals and assists, in overall contribution to our cause last season, Diaby was definitely in the top 3, if you dispute my assertion can you make up your own top 3 and let us discuss it?

The megedefegede you yarn is enough to make anyone's wires get crossed! Ibime is a Chelsea fan so he is permitted to be partially ignorant on Arsenal matters! No one at Arsenal would open their mouth and rank Diaby that high.
What is there to brag about in 6 goals and 4 assists in 29 games when Vermaelen did better! Denilson playing a much deeper role managed to score 4 goals in far less games
I have listed 5 players in my earlier post! Abi you no sabi read English for afternoon?

Fabregas
Vermaelen
Song
Bendtner
Arshavin

This does not even mean i rank Diaby in 6th spot

duduspace:

This is bollocks, you listed players on performance over a season so yu're telling me you watched all matches played by all those players throughout last season? pray do you have a time machine or some afeeri from a babalawo? besides what season's data are you judging Hernanes on? abi you were watching Santo Andre's matches last season?  undecided

You make so many unfounded accusations that you can't back up it seems you roll so much in mud and its in your nature to sling it, pray in what competition did Wilshere shine in before I started talking about him? even earlier on this season I had a run in with Debo over the wisdom of Arsene playing him at Liverpool and I distinctly recall run ins with you when I said that Theo's clock was ticking with the emergence of English talent like Wilshere.

I judge players using so many parameters and not just one or catching up to some recent hype, I've followed the emergence of Toni Kroos cos there were unique attributes I saw in him as a youngster, the fact that he was banging in goals as a young boy while playing a MF position should alert you to a potential goal scoring MF, and I recall endless arguments with some people (not on this forum though) over who deserved the golden ball between him and Chrisantus in the 2007 U17. True no one knows how any young player will turn out due to the effect of injuries, off field issues or physical development going forwards but when you watch a boy in the range of 15-17 years old, the basic technique is set and from then on all he is learning is tactical going forwards.

Some players like Cesc, Kroos and Wilshere further show composure and intelligence beyond their age  in simple decisions and their overall understanding of play development (they play with a swagger is a more colourful way o expressing it) and that is why I say Kroos upper limit is higher than that of Diaby's but right now, he is not at Diaby's(who I never saw in his U19s appearance) level and the results already show in how well Bayern is playing this season methinks, though we also have the simple matter of Robben being out to injury.

One good way to also identify an exceptional player when young is to watch out for the confidence of his team mates in giving him the ball, in our own little back yard games when we were young we always knew who the top dog on the pitch was and tended to give them the ball because somehow at the back of our minds we knew they were better and would be more effective with the ball.

Yes because they did more for their clubs in those season than Diaby has ever done in his time at Arsenal. As for Hernanes you can swap him with Muller lol. Dayokanu has listed at least 15 players Diaby's age or younger who have more ability and are doing more for their teams at present than what Diaby has done for Arsenal so far

There you go again sounding like you discovered Wilshire! Some of us knew about him before you even started posting frequently in these parts so shove it where the sun don't shine.

Diaby is not at any level! The little skills he has he aint even showing over the course of a month never mind a season. Till he starts doing that i would not take him serious and if he does prove me wrong i would be the first to admit that
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2010
Nothing says clueless than your erstwhile comparison of Vela to Messi! You are responsible for two of the most moronic statements on NL this year you should be proud of yaself

I never COMPARED Vela to Messi. . I barely said he has the POTENTIAL to come close to Messi's level in the future. Stop trying to put your retarded words in my mouth.

Your castigation of Denilson for ruining our game during a match he wasnt even on the field is BY FAR the most moronic statement in Nairaland history.

It's quite clear to me Denilson & Diaby are in ur black book, no matter what they do(or dont do in the case of Denilson), you will still type the same myopic B.S you've been typing for ages. . .

If a player does not know when and when not to dribble it is also an indictment on his dribbling skills because half the time he would end up giving the ball to the opponent

You know, it is not mandatory to flaunt your divine retardation in public!

People(including you) always acuse Arsenal of over-elaborating and not shooting "when they're supposed to". . . using ur retarded logic, the likes of Arshavin and Nasri arent good finishers because they often dont do so at the right time?

Your IQ must be equivalent to the length of your dyck when expressed in kilometers!

Arsenal may arguably be the most skillful team in England but that does not mean that man for man we have the most skillful players!

How so? Is it the ball-boys that make Arsenal the most skillful team or the players that would be used in the man for man comparison? Name one team in England that are more skillful than Arsenal "man for man". . .

More 5 star piffle being spat by A-40.

If we compiled a list of top 25 dribblers in Europe Arsenal players would be conspicuously absent including Diaby

Only a mad man would have a list of the best 25 dribblers in Europe that wouldnt include any Arsenal player. . . But then again ur sanity is very much up for debate. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 9:05pm On Oct 23, 2010
With Wilshere out of tommorow's game,we have a big "issue" defensively from the midfield with Song's new found un-inhibited forays.We all know Diaby is not a defensive-minded player and unless Denilson is played in lieu of the former,our defence will definately be over-exposed to Tevez's barging.

It is a winnable game if "key players",especially Arshavin,come with their A-game.

As per Diaby,everyone and his dog know Diaby's got technique and skill,but what's the essence of those if the application of them is wrong and ill-timed for most part undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 10:04pm On Oct 23, 2010
A-40:

The megedefegede you yarn is enough to make anyone's wires get crossed! Ibime is a Chelsea fan so he is permitted to be partially ignorant on Arsenal matters! No one at Arsenal would open their mouth and rank Diaby that high.
What is there to brag about in 6 goals and 4 assists in 29 games when Vermaelen did better! Denilson playing a much deeper role managed to score 4 goals in far less games
I have listed 5 players in my earlier post! Abi you no sabi read English for afternoon?

Fabregas
Vermaelen
Song
Bendtner
Arshavin

This does not even mean i rank Diaby in 6th spot
I like the rythm of your megedefegede so much I'm doing a tango. Of those yu list up there only Cesc clearly outperformed Diaby last season, Arshavin is thereabouts but all the others I personally would rate behind Diaby in overall contribution on the pitch last season mostly due to time out due to injury. Anyway to each is own, you can go and thump Ibime for naming him number 2 and then descend on me later. tongue

A-40:

Yes because they did more for their clubs in those season than Diaby has ever done in his time at Arsenal. As for Hernanes you can swap him with Muller lol. Dayokanu has listed at least 15 players Diaby's age or younger who have more ability and are doing more for their teams at present than what Diaby has done for Arsenal so far
Well, to each his own, I've replied to DK what I think of his list and where he can shove it. There is no quantifiable metric to verify that statement you made up there, besides I never said Diaby was better than all the 15 players but there are some there who do not come close to Diaby at present and I've pointed them out and my reservations about some of the names he listed. I never made a claim that Diaby was the best MF in Europe in the first instance so if DK wants to start his player wiki project on our forum, he has my good wishes. grin grin

A-40:

There you go again sounding like you discovered Wilshire! Some of us knew about him before you even started posting frequently in these parts so shove it where the sun don't shine.
Why are you sounding like one who has a grudge with his shadow? when did I tell you that I was one of Arsene's scouts? I just follow emerging talents thats all. I only gave examples because of your accusations, accept my apologies if I sounded vain.

A-40:

Diaby is not at any level! The little skills he has he aint even showing over the course of a month never mind a season. Till he starts doing that i would not take him serious and if he does prove me wrong i would be the first to admit that
I've proved you wrong on your accusations about my only following Arsenal reserves but I don't see you admitting it. Why should I believe this statement? undecided are you a politician?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 10:12pm On Oct 23, 2010
kay_pumpin:

As per Diaby,everyone and his dog know Diaby's got technique and skill,but what's the essence of those if the application of them is wrong and ill-timed for most part undecided

Abi o, all I said was if we could only do a brain graft operation of Cesc's brain into Diaby's head, we would have a Zidanesque player that is what set off this ruckus o, I'm sorry my basket mouth leaked.
Anyone wey don do brain graft operation before should come and tell us o. I have my suspicions though, why is A-40 sounding more like DK by the day, is it because of our lack of trophies or is it due to a miracle of science we are yet to hear about?
Hmmm, I wonder.  undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 10:22pm On Oct 23, 2010
My man JET

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFjaBXa3Sys?fs=1''[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 10:48pm On Oct 23, 2010
All of una haff madt. Come here dey yab arsenal play still dey claim arsenal fan. Fabianski is the best keeper in the world, arsene wenger is the best coach of this decade (actually this one is a fact, google it) anybody wey no like can stick his balls in a blender and make some protein shake!!!

Its the red and white biaaatcch!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 1:19am On Oct 24, 2010
ritchboy:

YES

Most of the best dribblers in this world are known to do step overs but that is not even the case.
Step overs or no step overs means zilch! it's the end product that counts.
You can do a million step overs but if you do not go past your man, you have not succeeded in dribbling.

Messi doesn't do step overs but we all know how he makes defenders dizzy. grin grin grin
The ease with which Johnson goes past his opponent is clear for everyone to see.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 2:31am On Oct 24, 2010
^^
This fact is lost on Ritchboy please conserve ya energy

@Ritchboy
It is better to mistake one under-performing player for the other in the heat of a game than to beat ya chest like an irate silverback gorilla after displaying life-threatening ignorance by making two of the most retarded statement in NL history but like they say the day a mad man realizes he is mad is the day he has regained his sanity. I am sure if Yinka Ayefele could walk you would label him a potential Messi (I heard he's also a leftie) the rate at which you compare every Tom,Diicck and Ifeanyi to Messi makes me wonder if you are man or ape. You should patent your idiocy and have it researched upon

You are an airhead! A smart warrior picks his wars,smart investors know when to bet and invest stacks,an orator knows when to speak and what to say (the difference between me and a blabbermouth like you) you can't be a good shooter in b/ball without knowing when to shoot and when not to pass the damn ball. This is something ritchboy's binary brain is having severe difficulties processing but if you insist I would tell you Arshavin and Nasri's finishing could use some work because their goal returns could be better or do you disagree??

You are hardly making sense! So Chamakh thinks Diaby is the best dribbler at Arsenal,Pele named Nii Lamptey his heir-apparent same was said about Freddy Adu,Wenger thinks Fabianski is world-class so what gives? It is a subjective opinion that a metrosexual coccksucker like you can't force down ma throat.

Lemme explain the individual/collective skill theory to you again
Cristiano Ronaldo is prolly more skillful than any Spanish intl but this doesn't necessarily mean man for man Portugal is a more skillful collective than Spain

Arsenal may be the most skillful team in England but man for man we may not necessarily have the most skillful individuals

Another example Robben and Ribery are more skillful than any player at Arsenal. FACT! Does this mean that man for man Bayern is a more skillful collective than Arsenal? Therein lies your answer and your status as the most mentally-challenged NL member is displayed in HD and neon lights

"Only Messi comes close to Diaby in terms of dribbling in the whole of Europe" why not post that ish on Twitter/Facebook or any other footie forum and have yourself eternally stigmatized for ya epoch-making retardedness. You should be thankful for civilization in the medieval times your kind where sacrificed to the volcanoes! In essence you are a waste of ma calories and Kilojoules of energy. I shoulda done like TKB and summarized ya Free Madness in one word
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 3:00am On Oct 24, 2010
@Duduspace
Vermaelen was in the PFA team of the season probably one of the best signings in the EPL last season! Song was the head-honcho in defensive midfield and had his breakout season last season finally killing the clamour for a DM! You are riding Diaby's nuts too hard I hope he is paying you for it! As for Arshavin I won't even say much and then Bendtner who missed a large part of the season and fuelled our title charge with late-winners and even a UCL knockout stage hat-trick finishing as our best striker. Who on this forum woulda missed Diaby last season if he missed both games at the Nou Camp? Tell us fans woulda cared make I put tyre for your head go bring gasoline and lighter
I nor get power reply the rest of your megedefegede

Can we beat City tomorrow? With Djourou and Squilla defending and Fabianski in our back-line I can hardly get ma hopes up
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 5:49am On Oct 24, 2010
As usual, A-40 types so much without managing to say anything of note. . .

A. If i say one player has the potential to become somewhere near as good as another in the FUTURE, it is NOT a comparison of the players' PRESENT level of ability. . . if you cannot understand that, then well, you are a lost cause. if you can, but just keep trying to force your moronic comment down my throat intentionally, then, maybe you've scored a couple points for that in the eyes of people as bereft of brain cells as you. . . i wouldnt know!

B. Your logic is retarded. . . knowing when to dribble, shoot etc is a measure of a player's decision making and not the ability(dribbling or shooting) in question. Again, if you cannot understand something that simple, you are a lost cause. Soon idi0t like A-40 would tell us since Walcott hasnt mastered how/when not to use his pace(i.e always running into dead ends), then Walcott isnt quick My fingernails are laughing at you. . .

C. My opinion of Diaby being the best dribbler in the league is not based on what Chamakh or anyone else has to say on the matter. Unlike most folks here, i dont base my opinions on a player's reputation but simply what they actually do on the field. Nobody has to agree with my opinion of Diaby being the best dribbler in the league. But what i find absurd is people suggesting Diaby isnt even anywhere close to being among the best dribblers in the league when he clearly is. It might also interest some douchebags to know Diaby had the HIGHEST number of successful dribbles per game in the league last season.

D. I never said the most skillful player at Arsenal would automatically be the most skillful player in the league. . . I only asked if it is so FAR-FETCHED to say so and wondering why people were acting like i just declared Daddy Showkey the president of America. The best dribbler at the most skillful club in any league would inevitably be ONE OF the best in the league.

And by the way, RVP is much more skillful than Ribery, so you end up looking a tad foolish when you declare the opposite and label it a "FACT".

"Only Messi comes close to Diaby in terms of dribbling in the whole of Europe"

Feel free to keep pulling crap i never said out your azz if it boosts your self esteem. . . I'm not going to deny you that.

But for the record, what i said was Messi is the only player i could think of AT THE TIME that could skip past 3-4 defenders better than Diaby does. And after giving it a little more thought, i'd definitely rate Robben higher than Diaby in that regard as well. And of course the likes of Iniesta would run him very close, so i guess it would boil down to personal preference in 4-6 other scenarios as well.

Now this is the part you come up with your poorly thought-out replies in which you repeatedly credit me with quotes you must have cooked up in your womb, then i'd have to school you all over gain. . . This debate is becoming redundant. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:46am On Oct 24, 2010
ritchboy:

And by the way, RVP is much more skillful than Ribery, so you end up looking a tad foolish when you declare the opposite and label it a "FACT".
But for the record, what i said was Messi is the only player i could think of AT THE TIME that could skip past 3-4 defenders better than Diaby does. And after giving it a little more thought, i'd definitely rate Robben higher than Diaby in that regard as well. And of course the likes of Iniesta would run him very close, so i guess it would boil down to personal preference in 4-6 other scenarios as well.

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/l2wET6JzJYI&feature=related[/flash]

Let Van Persie or diaby do this
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ayusco: 12:16pm On Oct 24, 2010
dk vamoose! ritchboy n A-40 guys truce ok, as for today undecided well lets hope for the best

LOCK N LOADED NA BEANS ITS THE ARSENAL MMMEEEENNNN
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2010
Ritchy y A-40 angry angry angry
No more BS talk or punchlines on the thread.

Whatever happened to you triple C attitude? undecided

Now, for todays game

Man City 1 - 3 Arsenal cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 1:13pm On Oct 24, 2010
@A-40

Let it rest, we all agree Diaby's decision making is atrocious, even his most blinker eyed supporter recognises that, but lets not because of that overlook all other good things about him. He is up there or thereabouts with the best in terms of individual technique but like you say his decision making greatly reduces his impact and makes him look a pub player atimes. Is that a fair consensus?

Meanwhile for today, its Arsenal (6) - Abu Dhabi Group (0) and if anyone wants to give me grief for my optimism, I say bring it on. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 2:24pm On Oct 24, 2010
Ade!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ruledworld: 4:15pm On Oct 24, 2010
Is it true that Kano Pillars will sign Walcott
just saw d shocking news on the pillars website http://kanopillars.com/fc

Gunners what's your say?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2010
Has the GAYYner chatting poppycocks about Ribery seen that video?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Oct 24, 2010
I see Nasri and Song sharing a joke with Adebayor. I thot they said every player at ASSANAL hates Ade
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by RuuDie(m): 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2010
my guy BBBBEEEEENNNNNDDDTTTTNEEEER is BACK!!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The best player ever to wear the Arsenal shirt!

grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:18pm On Oct 24, 2010
^^ Was he in your FPL team or what?  grin

Good victory today. . . .I had a bit of a sinking feeling after Cesc missed the penalty but we kept it together.

I am still not comfortable with Song's Maradona fantasy, but the goal he scored was quality.

Fabianksi? Take a bow son. . . . a clean sheet considering the saves you made is no mean achievement.

People will talk about 10 men, but no one cares. . . .in this league, three points is what counts.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2010
Today we were effective.

Song in the first half was the Song we knew from last season and Denilson did well too, only sad thing is his pace or lack of it.

Chamakh, hmmm, I don't want to say anything negative about the team today but if only he held the line properly, he maybe would have got a goal. There were many situations Sagna, Cesc, Nasri would have passed to him if only he stayed online. Bendtner comes in and in same position sets up himself well for Nasri's pass, the rest is history.

Defensively, we coped very well with the through balls City tried to thread on and with Silva's trickery but I still hope TV5 will be back soon.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2010
debosky:

^^ Was he in your FPL team or what?  grin

Good victory today. . . .I had a bit of a sinking feeling after Cesc missed the penalty but we kept it together.

I am still not comfortable with Song's Maradona fantasy, but the goal he scored was quality.
Fabianksi? Take a bow son. . . . a clean sheet considering the saves you made is no mean achievement.

People will talk about 10 men, but no one cares. . . .in this league, three points is what counts.

It is worrying but what a match.Denilson was immense in the way he kept the midfield ticking with his one-touch and "side-way" passes.I said it yesterday that if we do not want Song's new found love for incursion into the opponent's eigthteen to hurt us,it must be either Denilson or Wilshere that MUST play along side him and Cesc.

The lads played one of their best match so far this season,except for the occasional "glitches" from Djorou and Clichy(Djorou actaully improved in the second half),the system was faultless today.

Nasri is gradually coming into his own and showing his talent away from home and Fabianski,i am sorry for ever calling you Flappy  tongue

BTW,can someone tell me what's wrong with Arshavin?

Next stop is Tyneside. . .  .COYG  cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2010
Still pomping champaign with this victory. Nice one guys though Johan and Clichy are clueless and weaklinks today but clean cheat at citey no be moi moi. Monsieur Wenger can say Fabianski is world class today and i won't question it. ON TO THE NEXT ONE

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 22nd July 2020 / Manchester United vs Southampton (2 - 2) On 13th July 2020 / Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid: UEFA Super Cup (2 - 4) On 15th August 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.