Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,631 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Court Orders For Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Orders For Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu (263 Views)

Lagos Court Issues Bench Warrant For Arrest Of Cletus Ibeto / Leaked Nude Video: Actors Guild Calls For Arrest Of Empress Njamah’s Ex-lover / Man Jumps To His Death After EFCC Stormed 1004 Estate Lagos For Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Orders For Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by wakacome27: 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2019
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has ordered for the arrest of leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.

The court also revoked the bail it granted Kanu in 2017.

Justice Binta Nyako issued the arrest order on Kanu on Thursday, March 28, 2019. The court said it issued the order because Kanu has flouted all his bail conditions and fled the country in 2017.

Kanu is on trial for treasonable felony, inciting violence and hate speech, among other charges.

In October of 2018, Kanu said he jumped bail to pursue the realization of a Biafra Republic.

“Their problem is Nnamdi Kanu and the solution to their problem is referendum. They gave me conditional bail to cage me and IPOB but I refused.

“We are not going to vote because we’re too intelligent for that nonsense. I am not interested in the politics of Biafrans, all I want for my people is freedom", Kanu had said.
Nnamdi Kanu trial will continue

The court has also ruled that the trial must continue and directed that a fresh date for the continuation of the trial be given, even in Kanu's absence.

The case was adjourned to June 18, 2019.

Kanu who leads the separatist IPOB movement, fled Nigeria after a military operation in his home town in Abia State in September of 2017.

He reportedly fled to Israel.

source: https://www.kulichang.com.ng/court-orders-for-arrest-of-nnamdi-kanu/

(1) (Reply)

Young Girl Outsmarts A Kidnapper/ritualist By Feigning Death . / I Won’t Tolerate Police, SARS Brutality On Civilians — Buhari / No Death Recorded In Renewed C/river, Ebonyi Boundary Clash — Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.