Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. (19846 Views)

Police On Trail Of Us-based Nigerian Over N22.5 Million Fraud / Ize-Iyamu To Appear In Court Today Over N700 Million Fraud / EFCC Arraigns Abdulsalam Saleh Abdulkareem For $1.3 Million Fraud (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by deji17: 5:39pm On Mar 28, 2019
N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court.

The South East Zonal office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Enugu on Wednesday, March 27, 2019 opened a new vista in its prosecutorial annals when it deployed technology in the prosecution of its case by calling a prosecution witness living in the United States of America, Obu Nnamdi Patrick via Skype in a case of Conspiracy, Obtaining Under False Pretences and Impersonation to the tune of N12,800,200 (Twelve Million, Eight Hundred Thousand Two Hundred Naira) against Amobi Alukwu and his wife, Helen Alukwu which was brought before Justice N.I. Buba of the Federal High Court Enugu.

Alukwu, who was a brother in-law of the complainant was accused of obtaining the said sums by first claiming that his brother in-law, Obu Nnamdi Patrick was dead and that his wife, Helen who is the sister to the complainant, was the complainant’s daughter all in a bid to claim compensation on two plots of land at Ifo Layout, Abakpa Nike Enugu from Niger Delta Power Holding Company Ltd/NIPP, whose high tension wire passed through the lands.

Investigation also revealed that when actual payment was to be made and in order to lay credence to being the bonafide beneficiary, Alukwu knowing that the properties was captured in the name of its true owner, Obu Nnamdi Patrick, further presented a sworn affidavit of change of name in his own name as being the same person as the complainant and even made his staff to confirm the change of name.

In his evidence via Skype, the complainant stated he was the rightful owner of the land and as could be seen, he is alive not deceased as was purportedly reported by the complainant. He equally said that he never gave the defendant the power of attorney and deed of assignment of the land stating that Alukwu was his in-law being a brother to his (Patrick’s) wife.

Later in his testimony, the Investigating officer, Collins Iheonunekwu gave a cursory insight into the findings of the Commission stating that the defendant lied in court to get a sworn affidavit claiming the same name as the complainant to get compensation from George Nzei and Co, the company contracted by NDPHC/NIPP to evaluate and pay compensation to beneficiaries.

The case has been adjourned to April 15, 2019 for continuation of trial.

Media & Publicity

March 27, 2019

https://efccnigeria.org/efcc/news/3981-n12-8-million-fraud-efcc-deploys-technology-in-court

3 Likes

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by izzou(m): 5:44pm On Mar 28, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin

I was expecting one technological feat while opening this thread only for me to see rubbish

So we should celebrate and applaud EFCC for using Skype.... Skype angry wey boys dey take talk to agents for China angry

This country sef angry

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by richidinho(m): 5:56pm On Mar 28, 2019
hahahahaha

Honestly I am dissapointed, I came here to see a very huge technology

whatsapp video call nko?

26 Likes

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by IjebuWarrior: 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2019
Abeg, wey the technology... angry

26 Likes

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by SouthSouth1914: 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2019
Teknologe indeed!!

3 Likes

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by tociano009(m): 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2019
Tech

1 Like

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2019
Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2019
So skype is now technology in 2019?
How more primitive can nigerians be?
Na to comot this country remain oooo

9 Likes

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by yuanexchanger: 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2019
No levels for EFCC again.we ship your goods down to nigeria from china at a lower shipping rate..

1 Like

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by SoftP(m): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2019
EFCC is the most corrupt institution in Nigeria.

It's a case of an Armed robber stealing from a criminal that stole from a villian and crook who was accompanied by a bugler and bandit...

All of them naa Thief
Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by Ijaycool(f): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2019
Skype?

Please take this news down.

There are over 20 Video calling apps. They choose SKYPE. New internet users may never have encountered the word "Skype" just like 'MySpace" they are gradually relegated to the dustbin of history.

That's the moment EFCC woke up to use SKYPE.

Kuku kee me

5 Likes

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by dokyOloye: 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2019
Technology bawo grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by deji17: 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2019
Nice one.

It is not everything we will criticize in this country.

If it has never been used in Nigeria court before, maybe it is worth mentioning . Now guys know that you can stay in USA/ China and testify in a Nigerian court.
Its just to bring the awareness to everybody

7 Likes

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by juwoonn(m): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2019
Rubbish
Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by jaxxy(m): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2019
Technology that cud not confirm Ganduje bride is that one technology.

6 Likes

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by demzey(m): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2019
I was thinking it would be one huge capital asset like that, I saw Skype and I stopped reading

2 Likes

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by Hezzyluv: 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2019
pleaseee.......... change the headline.

1 Like

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by Ekpekus(m): 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2019
izzou:
grin grin grin grin grin

I was expecting one technological feat while opening this thread only for me to see rubbish

So we should celebrate and applaud EFCC for using Skype.... Skype angry wey boys dey take talk to agents for China angry

This country sef angry
Honestly !
I just lazy when I see say na Skype

2 Likes

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2019
Buhari hand tools
Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by Dozie32(m): 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2019
Make una leave boys to hustle. Where una see job?

2 Likes

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by Nicedeal(m): 6:04pm On Mar 28, 2019
Chai! Skype is now the technology.

1 Like

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by quincyshakur(m): 6:04pm On Mar 28, 2019
EFCC na beta scam sad sad sad Na only for opposition pple side dem d get power....Wen dem go for dat Ape called Jagaban wey turn he haus to bullion van garage grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by iswallker(m): 6:04pm On Mar 28, 2019
So how do we know the person at the other end is who he claims to be....

Wish kind technology be this one...
Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by qualityovenbake(m): 6:05pm On Mar 28, 2019
I was rushing to read about the forensic evidence that they presented. @poster am disappointed in you angry

1 Like

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by Mutemenot(m): 6:05pm On Mar 28, 2019
Technology indeed grin grin

1 Like

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by Chimaokigwe: 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2019
Brothers defrauding brothers.

They are both Igbos, it should have been settled the family way but because they are Igbos, they wany to jail the man and his wife
Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by zoedew: 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2019
Good
Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by mustmust(m): 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2019
Even efcc won't believe this made news.

1 Like

Re: N12.8 Million Fraud: EFCC Deploys Technology In Court. by Iruobean(m): 6:09pm On Mar 28, 2019
Can I say something?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu, Adeola And Osinowo Are Failed Senators - Lagos PDP / How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu / Police Killing: DHQ Panel Probes Soldiers’ Bank Statements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.