Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,300 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 (22564 Views)

Who's Lying Here, Buhari Or Osinbajo? Check This Out / Governor Tambuwal Receives Osinbajo In Sokoto (Photos) / Will Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire Replace Osinbajo In 2019 As VP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by ijustdey: 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2019
Tanko Yakasai, elder statesman and political adviser in the second Republic, says the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) might field Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo or Bola Tinubu, a national leader of APC, in 2023.

Speaking with The Interview, Yakasai said the region played a key role in the emergence of Buhari in 2019.

On the possibility of the APC fielding a presidential candidate from the south-east in 2013, Yakasai said the region will be sidelined for the south-west.

“The current calculation is that the vice-president is from the Southwest. Clearly, there is an unwritten understanding that when Buhari finishes, the Vice President will likely be the next presidential candidate of the APC,” he said.

“The Vice President is a Yoruba man. Even if it is not Osinbajo, somebody from there, probably Tinubu, will likely emerge as the candidate of the party.

“And with the performance of the party in the southeast, I don’t see any possibility that the party will think of giving its candidacy to the southeast as against the support it earned from the southwest.

“Apart from voting, don’t forget that there were some material support which APC enjoyed from the Southwest.”

Defending his choice of Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in the elections, the elder statesman said he supported Atiku because of his experience in governance and business.

Yakasai was asked: “You supported former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and the PDP at the just concluded election. Do you believe the eventual winner, Muhammadu Buhari, won fair and square?”

He replied: “No, I do not. Quite alright, I supported Atiku because I don’t believe that Buhari has the capacity and the competence to handle the Nigerian problem.”

On the issue of the leadership of the 9th senate, Yakasai said it would not favour theAll Progressives Congress (APC) to insist on Ahmed Lawan.

Lawan, senate majority leader, has been given the blessings of the APC to succeed Bukola Saraki as the leader of the red chamber.

Yakasai said he expected the ruling party to have learnt from its mistakes.

He argued that the lawmakers should be allowed to who will lead them, and not a person imposed on them.

“Well, they have been touting this idea for a long time. Remember when the current Senate was convened after the 2015 election, they wanted Ahmad Lawan to be the Senate president,” he said.

“It was the rupture in the party that led a chunk of party senators to team up with PDP senators to get Bukola Saraki and Ike Ekweremadu as president and deputy president of the Senate.

“What I am surprised about, I thought what happened to them in the last dispensation would have been a lesson for them to allow legislators to decide who should be their leaders.

“I worked with National Assembly for four years. I know the mindset of members of the National Assembly. They believe that they have their own mandate separate from the mandate of the President.”

https://www.thecable.ng/yakasai-apc-might-field-tinubu-or-osinbajo-in-2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by Xisnin(m): 7:52pm On Mar 28, 2019
Yakassai got it all wrong. APC won't field Osinbajo.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by kiiingemmy(m): 10:13pm On Mar 28, 2019
Download Fresh Music: Burna Boy – Freedom

https://afribaze.com.ng/music/afro/2862-burna-boy-freedom

Download Fresh Music: Reekado Banks – Maria (Prod. Young John)

https://afribaze.com.ng/music/afro/2861-reekado-banks-maria-prod-young-john

Download Fresh Music: Reminisce – Oja Daddy (Prod. by Sarz)

https://afribaze.com.ng/music/afro/2859-reminisce-oja-daddy-prod-by-sarz
Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by IjebuWarrior: 10:14pm On Mar 28, 2019
It doesn't matter as long as it's Yoruba! cool

Anyway, Thunder fire Tinubu, tho! angry

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by ekestic1976(f): 10:15pm On Mar 28, 2019
Yakassai an elder statesman (whatever that means)? It's like Nigeria now has its own English dictionary, published in Nigeria for certain Nigerians who get the meanings of words mixed up.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by afoltundeseen(f): 10:15pm On Mar 28, 2019
And they shall crumble

10 Likes

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by hisexcellency34: 10:15pm On Mar 28, 2019
Yakassai is senile..nobody takes him serious

14 Likes

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by ahukannakate(f): 10:15pm On Mar 28, 2019
That is their business
Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:16pm On Mar 28, 2019
It's not Tinubu, it's Osinbajo!

Get that clear!

Xisnin:

I'll like to take a million dollar bet on that.

You don't know politics is a game of numbers.

The most popular and convincing southwesterner to put up is Osinbajo.

Take it or leave it!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by freemanbubble: 10:16pm On Mar 28, 2019
Hahahaha

Tinubu wings that will soon be clipped
I have this strong feelings el rufai might rule us come 2023

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by Dareal90s(m): 10:16pm On Mar 28, 2019
Wailers where unna dey? grin

7 Likes

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:16pm On Mar 28, 2019
It will be a political suicide

4 Likes

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by Ziggylady(f): 10:17pm On Mar 28, 2019
Yakassai will vote Tinubu or osinbajo over Atiku,Kwankwaso,Tambuwal and co embarassed lipsrsealed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by IjebuWarrior: 10:17pm On Mar 28, 2019
Xisnin:

Wait and see... cool

2 Likes

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by Karemarealty288(m): 10:17pm On Mar 28, 2019
The north will abandon APC as a party and back any party fielding a highly favoured northerner....they can never leave their own.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by Kwamecron(m): 10:18pm On Mar 28, 2019
No so naa

Like osinbanjo share Tinubu

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by lenghtinny(m): 10:20pm On Mar 28, 2019
Mere speculations
Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by omoteacher(m): 10:20pm On Mar 28, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

They never start a new term, they are already planning for yet another 4 years. Naija polithievians make God Almighty pave way for one , they don't mean well for the masses.

6 Likes

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by mmorah6: 10:20pm On Mar 28, 2019
northern nigeria 2023--to i do not know
Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by gaskiyamagana: 10:20pm On Mar 28, 2019
'Two' 'if not' four' early for this permutation. Performance of APC in the next 4yrs will determine fate of Whoever is being presented. But how will it be possible for Yoruba president after Yoruba VP?

1 Like

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by Oyiboman69: 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2019
i regret voting apc, pdp structure is better and favoured the less populated. i trully regret the yoruba and hausa fraudulent way of rulling.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2019
So what will happen if pdp fields kwankwaso??

3 Likes

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by DimIsaac10(m): 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2019
This man giving West hope when Area publicly declared that power is going back to North..

1 Like

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by bluecircle470: 10:24pm On Mar 28, 2019
freemanbubble:
Hahahaha

I have this strong feelings el rufai might rule us come 2013

U don turn BOT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by nurex01(m): 10:24pm On Mar 28, 2019
Hnn
Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by Bede2u(m): 10:26pm On Mar 28, 2019
iHart:
Its obviously going to Southwest and a vice from North East.

We south east should forget APC, then knee down and beg PDP for Senate president because even Vice, PDP will not give us again. That will be suicidal if they try it.
lol.. u yorubas are the biggest chest beaters. A simple 2015 victory in the polls have translated to insulting igbos and calling urselves political masters. U mouth is ur achilles heel

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by senatordave1(m): 10:27pm On Mar 28, 2019
Yakassai is not an all member,he's also anti buhari.so,what concerns him with apc internal matters?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by KingOfAllIgbos: 10:27pm On Mar 28, 2019
freemanbubble:
Hahahaha

I have this strong feelings el rufai might rule us come 2013

His wings keep getting clipped YET he's greater than all your red mud cowards dead or alive COMBINED!

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by mradonis(m): 10:27pm On Mar 28, 2019
How on earth will Tinubu win a northerner after the tribal politics he just played in lagos. Even an unknown man from the north will defeat both of dem hands down. Then tinubu will know the SS and SE re relevant cos dey will never vote for him and no notherner will leave his or her brother to vote someone from south. Even in his own sw he will be betrayed. Just better enjoy ur godfatherism while it last cos nothing last forever.

20 Likes

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by KingOfAllIgbos: 10:28pm On Mar 28, 2019
mradonis:
How on earth will Tinubu win a northener after the tribal politics he just played in lagos. Even an unknown man from the north will defeat both of dem hands down. Then tinubu will know the SS and SE re relevant cos dey will never voter for him and no notherner will leave his or her brother to vote someone from souther. Even in his own sw he will be betrayed. Just better enjoy ur godfatherism while it last cos nothing last forever.

In English? I am guessing MKO Abiola was a Jamaican? grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakasai: APC Might Field Tinubu Or Osinbajo In 2023 by mindtricks: 10:28pm On Mar 28, 2019
Did they mean APC might fail with Tinubu in 2023?
I fear, Tinubu like Atiku may never be president, no matter how high their ambition might be.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adeniyi Adesina Resigns As Oyetola's CPS, Ismail Omipidan Takes Over / NNPP Expels Kwankwaso / Otunba Bode Oyedele Defects To APC As Crowd Welcomes Him (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.