Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Introversion Is Eating Me Up - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Introversion Is Eating Me Up (2456 Views)

Has Introversion Got A Thing To Do With Your Current Status? (single) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introversion Is Eating Me Up by bynomzy(f): 11:38pm On Mar 28, 2019
I wana make new friends, but I'm super serious when I say I don't go out. Like there's no zeal to step out. I'm getting lonely but jeez how do I garner courage to step out and meet new people?

I'm a fresh graduate, awaiting result and service (hoping to meet new people there) but if 4 years couldn't change me, what can 1 year do?
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 28, 2019
bynomzy:
I wana make new friends, but I'm super serious when I say I don't go out. Like there's no zeal to step out. I'm getting lonely but jeez how do I garner courage to step out and meet new people?

I'm a fresh graduate, awaiting result and service (hoping to meet new people there) but if 4 years couldn't change me, what can 1 year do?

Don't keep yourself, enjoy your own company, do what you love and if it will ever happen then it will.

1 Like

Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 28, 2019
undecided

Just dress up and take a stroll out during the day time, as you are strolling, just keep announcing I want to meet new people, I want to make friends blah blah blah.
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by bynomzy(f): 11:43pm On Mar 28, 2019
Atiku:

Don't keep yourself, enjoy your own company, do what you love and if it will ever happen then it will.

Do you mean it's normal to not enjoy going out? Thanks though.
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by bynomzy(f): 11:44pm On Mar 28, 2019
OCEANMORGAN:
undecided

Just dress up and take a stroll out during the day time, as you are strolling, just keep announcing I want to meet new people, I want to make friends blah blah blah.

Lol. Cool. Thanks smiley
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 28, 2019
bynomzy:

Do it's normal to not enjoy going out? Thanks though.

Don't you enjoy going out alone? Go see a movie, a restaurant?
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 28, 2019
Atiku:

She go tire quick quick

1 Like

Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by bynomzy(f): 11:46pm On Mar 28, 2019
Atiku:

I've thought of this. I've really never done the solo outing. Will try it. Thanks.
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 28, 2019
bynomzy:

I've thought of this. I've really never done the solo outing. Will try it. Thanks.

No fear.... U good
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by bynomzy(f): 11:56pm On Mar 28, 2019
Atiku:

No fear.... U good

Thanks.
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 28, 2019
OCEANMORGAN:

She go tire quick quick

Bynomzy what are the stuff you enjoy doing?
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by bynomzy(f): 12:10am On Mar 29, 2019
Atiku:

Bynomzy what are the stuff you enjoy doing?

I don't even know undecided no lies. I literally sit at home all day.
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 29, 2019
bynomzy:

I don't even know undecided no lies. I literally sit at home all day.

How do you get money then?
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by bynomzy(f): 12:14am On Mar 29, 2019
Atiku:

How do you get money then?

I work online. I blog, freelance and get money from home sometimes.
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by internationalman(m): 12:38am On Mar 29, 2019
the kind of things people struggle with will almost make you think you don't have any problem at all..

it's ironic though coz my own problem now is trying to get rid of some of the numerous friends i have

1 Like

Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by mekus1011(m): 1:11am On Mar 29, 2019
Get cool hang out spots, go to beaches, bars, fast foods, large expanse of natural places like iganmu theatre environment, unilag lagoon frontage, take up new out door hobbies, to meet people more, you gotta go out more. Go on adventures, stuffs like that. If you get any hitch in trying any of the things I've suggested, hit me up on whatsapp. My number is on my signature.
Wish ya a fun-filled life.

1 Like

Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by bynomzy(f): 7:14am On Mar 29, 2019
internationalman:
the kind of things people struggle with will almost make you think you don't have any problem at all..

it's ironic though coz my own problem now is trying to get rid of some of the numerous friends i have
Lol.
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by bynomzy(f): 7:15am On Mar 29, 2019
mekus1011:
Get cool hang out spots, go to beaches, bars, fast foods, large expanse of natural places like iganmu theatre environment, unilag lagoon frontage, take up new out door hobbies, to meet people more, you gotta go out more. Go on adventures, stuffs like that. If you get any hitch in trying any of the things I've suggested, hit me up on whatsapp. My number is on my signature.
Wish ya a fun-filled life.

Thanks. I'm not in Lagos though but I'd find cool hangout spots here in Benin

1 Like

Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 30, 2019
bynomzy:

grin grin lol i read through your diary and i enjoyed reading it, i smiled all through, if i were female, i'd be you....not just personality wise, even experience wise grin grin
I've only seen what a club looks like in movies and on blogs..
Going out drains my energy, but going out with those i'm close to is quite different, unfortunately the only friends i'm close to are all abroad now, so i basically have no friends close.
I also procrastinate a lot, read blogs and articles a lot and binge watch anime(at least used to until i ventured into software dev, I don't remember the last time i watched a movie, as software dev is time consuming but i read shonen manga occasionally)
I never went to the cinema also even as a unilag student, when ozone is just behind us...I'd just download the movies to watch on my system, buy popcorn and coke behind Jaja hostel, put on my earpiece and Gbam!, I'm in cloud 9.

Let me tell you a hard truth, you'll make friends in camp, even i did (and i didn't partake in any activity, due to an injury, still have the scars angry angry), although 2 or 3 but I did, but the truth is after camp, you'll be very lazy to keep in touch, (you may be different anyways, but if you're like me, that's a high possibility)

Like others have suggested try to go out more, I don't know if it'll work for you but i hope it does, but being in large social circles or groups drain me out easily. I quickly tend to think of my inadequacies in such scenarios, all those social subtleties, like who is the best, who is interested in who, who is snubbing who, play out below the surface and having an overactive mind, i can't help but keep thinking of such irrelevancies.

So most of those i interact with are at work and neighbours. (Basically those around me). The only social gatherings i go for are those i'm exclusively invited, weddings, birthdays and so on and I always try to interact with one or two persons (mostly guys anyways, my women skills are horrible cheesy cheesy, I need to work on that), keeping in touch remains the problem,again i intend to work on this also.

You're a girl, so if you do the barest minimum in a social gathering (physical appearance: look pretty) guys will approach you, sincerely if there are enough guys there 1 or 2 will surely come your way, probably not an introverted guy like you anyways grin grin (that one will sit and observe you from afar) , even if you sit in the corner of some room, chances are a guy will come your way so long as you made effort to get to that hypothetical room.
All you have to do from there is to properly engage him. Smile, Talk, open up a bit just for the sake of the conversation if not anything else. It goes for girls too, when you meet fellow girls, even if their convo doesn't interest you much, just contribute your barest mininum, for the sake of the convo if nothing else..(if you keep giving up an aura that shouts not interested you'd probably not make any friends.

Being introverted you liberate the aura of a snob even if you're the complete opposite, i'm sure there's a guy falling for you somewhere, maybe in your street or your class that never approached you because he feels you'll turn him down grin grin grin chances are high. so try not to carry a straight face everywhere.

Being an introvert is cool if you learn to accept yourself, I feel right now you're focusing too much on the socially adept you feel socially inadequate somewhat. You feel they're all out there having the time of their lives and you're caged in your own little world . Your little world is not little in anyway, it's infinite, its where you draw your energy from, its where you draw your sanity from when all goes south, you are either very observant from consistently, well, observing others and your surroundings or very creative from spending time in your head modelling make believe scenarios, events and so on, thinking up problems and solutions, and finding out your own opinions on sensitive issues that affect us today..
Even though i'm an introvert I personally like introverts because i feel i can understand them to an extent, and can speak in their language..

Again try not to keep a straight face, smile a lot, you don't want to scare away potential besties and lovers grin grin grin
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by bynomzy(f): 9:02am On Mar 30, 2019
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

grin grin lol i read through your diary and i enjoyed reading it, i smiled all through, if i were female, i'd be you....not just personality wise, even experience wise grin grin
Going out drains my energy, but going out with those i'm close to is quite different, unfortunately the only friends i'm close to are all abroad now, so i basically have no friends close.
I also procrastinate a lot, read blogs and articles a lot and binge watch anime(at least used to until i ventured into software dev, I don't remember the last time i watched a movie, as software dev is time consuming but i read shonen manga occasionally)
I never went to the cinema also even as a unilag student, when ozone is just behind us...I'd just download the movies to watch on my system, buy popcorn and coke behind Jaja hostel, put on my earpiece and Gbam!, I'm in cloud 9.

Let me tell you a hard truth, you'll make friends in camp, even i did (and i didn't partake in any activity, due to an injury, still have the scars angry angry), although 2 or 3 but I did, but the truth is after camp, you'll be very lazy to keep in touch, (you may be different anyways, but if you're like me, that's a high possibility)

Like others have suggested try to go out more, I don't know if it'll work for you but i hope it does, but being in large social circles or groups drain me out easily. I quickly tend to think of my inadequacies in such scenarios, all those social subtleties, like who is the best, who is interested in who, who is snubbing who, play out below the surface and having an overactive mind, i can't help but keep thinking of such irrelevancies.

So most of those i interact with are at work and neighbours. (Basically those around me). The only social gatherings i go for are those i'm exclusively invited, weddings, birthdays and so on and I always try to interact with one or two persons (mostly guys anyways, my women skills are horrible cheesy cheesy, I need to work on that), keeping in touch remains the problem,again i intend to work on this also.

You're a girl, so if you do the barest minimum in a social gathering (physical appearance: look pretty) guys will approach you, sincerely if there are enough guys there 1 or 2 will surely come your way, probably not an introverted guy like you anyways grin grin (that one will sit and observe you from afar) , even if you sit in the corner of some room, chances are a guy will come your way so long as you made effort to get to that hypothetical room.
All you have to do from there is to properly engage him. Smile, Talk, open up a bit just for the sake of the conversation if not anything else. It goes for girls too, when you meet fellow girls, even if their convo doesn't interest you much, just contribute your barest mininum, for the sake of the convo if nothing else..(if you keep giving up an aura that shouts not interested you'd probably not make any friends.

Being introverted you liberate the aura of a snob even if you're the complete opposite, i'm sure there's a guy falling for you somewhere, maybe in your street or your class that never approached you because he feels you'll turn him down grin grin grin chances are high. so try not to carry a straight face everywhere.

Being an introvert is cool if you learn to accept yourself, I feel right now you're focusing too much on the socially adept you feel socially inadequate somewhat. You feel they're all out there having the time of their lives and you're caged in your own little world . Your little world is not little in anyway, it's infinite, its where you draw your energy from, its where you draw your sanity from when all goes south, you are either very observant from consistently, well, observing others and your surroundings or very creative from spending time in your head modelling make believe scenarios, events and so on, thinking up problems and solutions, and finding out your own opinions on sensitive issues that affect us today..
Even though i'm an introvert I personally like introverts because i feel i can understand them to an extent, and can speak in their language..

Again try not to keep a straight face, smile a lot, you don't want to scare away potential besties and lovers grin grin grin

OMG!
You took out time to write this for me. I'm so happy rn. I felt like I was reading another version of me. Lol. If you schooled in Lago where all the fun is and stay introverted, then I'm not sure I should keep complaining. Lol

I'd try to go out more often and leave my comfort zone at home obviously. Hopefully I get to meet good people on camp and yeah, keep in touch with them. Lol

Thanks, thanks and thanks again.
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 30, 2019
bynomzy:

OMG!
You took out time to write this for me. I'm so happy rn. I felt like I was reading another version of me. Lol. If you schooled in Lago where all the fun is and stay introverted, then I'm not sure I should keep complaining. Lol

I'd try to go out more often and leave my comfort zone at home obviously. Hopefully I get to meet good people on camp and yeah, keep in touch with them. Lol

Thanks, thanks and thanks again.

anytime... nomzy, (or onome, if i'm correct) wink wink
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by bynomzy(f): 9:54am On Mar 30, 2019
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

anytime... nomzy, (or onome, if i'm correct) wink wink

lol. I bet you're.
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by Sprintson(m): 6:46am On Apr 01, 2019
I like introverts.... let's be friends 08101352266
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by tracy23: 3:30pm On Apr 01, 2019
you can step out to visit your relatives, you can make frnds anywhere by joining groups in church, attending fuctions/events
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by bynomzy(f): 10:32am On Apr 02, 2019
tracy23:
you can step out to visit your relatives, you can make frnds anywhere by joining groups in church, attending fuctions/events
Thank you ma'am
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by hornyman(m): 6:28am On Apr 03, 2019
bynomzy:

Honrnyman to the rescue call me 09012598423
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by bynomzy(f): 10:17am On Apr 03, 2019
hornyman:

Honrnyman to the rescue call me 09012598423

Lol. �
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by Growing(m): 10:53pm On Apr 07, 2019
bynomzy:

Having read some of your writings, you appear to me as someone who is self-aware.

You are an introvert and you know you are an introvert. Don't resist your being an introvert. Accept it. Accepting it does not mean judging it to be good or bad. It means accepting it - as simple as that - because that is what is.

I have contacted you. If it is OK with you, we can be friends.
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by bynomzy(f): 12:54am On Apr 08, 2019
Growing:

Having read some of your writings, you appear to me as someone who is self-aware.

You are an introvert and you know you are an introvert. Don't resist your being an introvert. Accept it. Accepting it does not mean judging it to be good or bad. It means accepting it - as simple as that - because that is what is.

I have contacted you. If it is OK with you, we can be friends.

Thanks, I replied. smiley
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2019
bynomzy:

What school did you graduate from?
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 08, 2019
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

An introverted unilag graduate? Whoa! I'm a fresher in unilag and I was told I'll become social in no time as the school is not known to breed introverts. I was told I'll not be able to cope here as an introvert and from my experience here so far, I think it's kinda true. I was told people who keep to themselves in school end up being suicidal.How did you survive unilag as an introvert?
Re: Introversion Is Eating Me Up by bynomzy(f): 6:46am On Apr 09, 2019
raptex:
What school did you graduate from?
UNIBEN. why?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Want Girl In Benin City For A Romantic Date / Do Most Woman Shave, Trim Or Leave It Natural? / Where Are All The Good Men??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.