Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,649 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday (48484 Views)

Skydiving Experience In Cookstown, Ontario (Pictures) / Cambridge Student Dies After Falling From Plane (photo) / Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by boman2014: 12:04am On Mar 29, 2019
A young schoolgirl has tragically fallen to her death
from a plane while she was trying to skydive on her
birthday.

Vanessa Ivonne Melendez Cardenas was celebrating
her 18th birthday with the 1,300ft parachute jump in
Mexico

A schoolgirl girl plunged 1,300ft to her death on a
birthday skydive after her parachute failed to open -
and the operator insists its chute wasn't to blame.
Vanessa Ivonne Melendez Cardenas, 18, died along
with instructor Mauricio Gutierrez Castillo, 34, in
Morelos, Mexico on Sunday.

She arrived at the Albatroos Air Sports Club with her
loved ones at around 3pm and was keen to
celebrate her 18th birthday in style.

Along with a group of others, she was assigned to
Mauricio, an experienced instructor with more than
400 jumps under his belt.

The pair boarded a plane, from which they jumped
and soared through the skies for at least two
minutes, local paper El Grafico reported.

In footage shared on local reports, a man can be
heard saying: "My God, I hope that Liz come this
way," as other skydivers land.

This is the moment high school student Vanessa
plunged to her death along with instructor Mauricio
Gutiérrez Castillo

But moments later he realised "Liz", Vanessa, was
not among them.

Emergency services scrambled to the scene at
around 3.43pm local time, and found two bodies
near the Mexico-Acapulco highway.

Jorge Gaitan, director of Albatros Parachuting, said
the fall was not an accident caused by a malfunction
in the equipment.

Instead, he insisted one of the two victims had
caused the horrific fall.

He said: "We are investigating, but the parachute
was working well.

"Everything seems to indicate that the release of the
parachute was not an accident, because it was
activated.

"It wasn't equipment failure or anything like that. It
surely had to do with someone who was on that
flight, who manipulated and activated the release
mechanism."

Vanessa and Mauricio's bodies were found lying
metres away from a highway

The skydiving company said the parachute's release
was activated at an altitude where "it was
impossible for the parachute to respond".

Gaitan added: "That doesn't end up happening by
accident: it is caused by a human.

"We are in those investigations. We still do not know
what happened."

The area remains cordoned off by police as they
carry out investigations.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8736954/girl-plunges-death-birthday-skydive/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by sodiqapril(m): 12:15am On Mar 29, 2019
on her birthday ! Ayo o ni pawa o. may she rest in peace. this bet9ja guy above me will end up as v armed robber

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by nifemi25(m): 1:31am On Mar 29, 2019
Ayo ayoju lo pa e.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by majamajic(m): 2:11am On Mar 29, 2019
senior play play,
now owner wan run, Na insurance company go finish this case.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by Nobody: 2:54am On Mar 29, 2019
Okay! Why would you jump alone if you are not trained shocked
*with the instructor* cry
Also 1500 ft sounds really low...

I want to jump with a trainer attached to my back grin

Looks like that's coming off the bucket list angry

Rip lil one kiss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by 9jaBloke: 3:24am On Mar 29, 2019
The company is being very insensitive. Why not just say that investigation is on-going.

11 Likes

Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by yuanexchanger: 4:39am On Mar 29, 2019
rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by Gosj01(m): 6:05am On Mar 29, 2019
Hmmm, Ọga ó.

My signature speaks volume!
Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by dingbang(m): 6:16am On Mar 29, 2019
And someone is clamouring for parachutes to be installed in aircrafts when passengers aren't trained on usage

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by cr7lomo: 6:28am On Mar 29, 2019
Guest007:
Okay! Why would you jump alone if you are not trained shocked

Also 1500 ft sounds really low...

I want to jump with a trainer attached to my back grin

Rip lil one kiss

It's seems u have comprehension problem...read the story again ( I hope you understand and comprehend this time) if not, then ud know the reason English was a difficult subject to pass during ur waec exams

20 Likes

Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by ANGELMARVE(m): 6:29am On Mar 29, 2019
Nothing is as painful as seeing a young and vibrant youth in an untimely death.
The wicked shall not go unpunished.
The person behind her death will be found and face the wrath of the law and of GOD.

I pray for you all, every unfriendly friend in your life that wishes you death, shall be exposed.

7 Likes

Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by ANGELMARVE(m): 6:32am On Mar 29, 2019
dingbang:
And someone is clamouring for parachutes to be installed in aircrafts when passengers aren't trained on usage
I believe we need to visit our Educational curriculum and add safety as a 4 unit course which is compulsory to pass.
That way all safety measures should be taught from air to land to sea, etc.

28 Likes

Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by DonroxyII: 6:39am On Mar 29, 2019
My style na to chop Catfish on my birthday.........and I celebrate alone or mostly five people .......
This year, I celebrated with one sibling and we just ordered Pounded Yam and Goat meat with Assorted garnished in Bitterleaf soup while Oporoko maintained its reign in the soup!!

Later to be celebrating with just wife and kids and possibly offices where there is Birthday craze ..............Just to conform with social norms and it must be "Normal and So Simple"

I don't even like people greeting me Happy birthday self .... My mum and siblings are OK ..... I already deactivated Birthday from Facebook .... make dem no dey greet me again ..........I just Wake up in the morning and Thank my God and stars for conquering another 365days with blessing, progress and no catastrophe........ I pray for blessings and safety ..... Gbam , it is over !!

AfricaMan , Hustle , Money and relaxing..

Peace of Mind on my mind ........

No time for bad bad play grin

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 29, 2019
cr7lomo:

It's seems u have comprehension problem...read the story again ( I hope you understand and comprehend this time) if not, then ud know the reason English was a difficult subject to pass during ur waec exams

Wtf undecided

1 Like

Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 29, 2019
na wetin pikin sabi chop dey run im belle
Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by lilmax(m): 8:31am On Mar 29, 2019
her life her business
Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by Offpoint1: 8:31am On Mar 29, 2019
At 18 it's expected of her to be jumping on D not from plane.

Anyways, life continues...

My condolences to the boyfriend and family.

I'm finally free from malaria, thank God.

3 Likes

Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by ehmmy11(m): 8:31am On Mar 29, 2019
shocked
Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by chinavs9ja(m): 8:31am On Mar 29, 2019
angry

I am a website designer, check my signature if you need a professional website
Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by emeijeh(m): 8:32am On Mar 29, 2019
It's a mad mad world we live in
Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by antto12: 8:32am On Mar 29, 2019
so tragedic ..all this white people sha
Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by firmyo: 8:32am On Mar 29, 2019
ohhh my ! woow
Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by tstx(m): 8:33am On Mar 29, 2019
Sad
Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by Forreellinc: 8:33am On Mar 29, 2019
cry R.I.P

haters will say she is not fine
Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by Gabson001(m): 8:34am On Mar 29, 2019
grin grin joy ntin but joy.. Na pipu weh wizkid sing for be diz
Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by Deji63: 8:34am On Mar 29, 2019
This is crazy
Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by Gforce2019: 8:34am On Mar 29, 2019
To celebrate birthdays, you come go kill yourself....

Ask me if I have celebrate my birthday once.

RIP anyway
Re: Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday by Miles300: 8:34am On Mar 29, 2019
Birthday gone wrong !!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Accident In Bayelsa Injures NDU Student, Kills Man (Graphic Pics) / Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) / Is The 11Km Miliken Hill Road In Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.