Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) (37349 Views)

Skydiving Experience In Cookstown, Ontario (Pictures) / Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) / Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by AutoJoshNG: 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2019

A small aircraft has crashed in northern Sweden.

The aircraft, a small plane carrying parachutists, crashed in northern Sweden soon after takeoff on Sunday. All nine people aboard were killed.

The accident took place a little after 2 pm local time on Storsandskar island.

According to Swedish media, some of the parachutists were seen trying to jump off the plane just before the crash.

The crashed aircraft was a GippsAero GA8 Airvan, an Australian-made single-engine plane popular with parachutists. The flight took off from Umea airport.

The cause of the crash was not yet known.

The wreckage was found on Storsandskär island, just two kilometres from the airport, in the delta of the Umeå river on Sunday, and an official investigation has been launched by Swedish authorities.

The plane did not carry a black box. As a result, investigators will have to rely on witness statements, an examination of the wreck, and onboard phones and tablets that registered height and position.

The GippsAero GA8 Airvan is a single-engine plane measuring almost nine metres from nose to tail.

It was made in Australia, by a company part of the Mahindra Group.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/skydiving-plane-crash-in-sweden-9-killed-photos/

1 Like

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by Temptee101(m): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2019
Too bad
Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by emeijeh(m): 12:45pm On Jul 15, 2019
" .....According to Swedish media, some of the parachutists were seen trying to jump off the plane just before the crash."

So, what happened ?
Why dem no fit japa?

27 Likes

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by overdrive(m): 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2019
RIP.these guys are funny ,they are meant to be parachutists what then stops them from jumping before the crash or is this planned suicide

8 Likes

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 15, 2019
I don't understand.

The aircraft did not explode mid-air until it collided with the ground.
Why didn't all man on board jump off the aircraft while it was at least one foot away from the ground; just before hitting it? I suppose they would have survived if they had.

13 Likes

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by delishpot: 1:07pm On Jul 15, 2019
AkeNathan:
I don't understand.

Why didn't all man on board jump off the aircraft while it was at least one foot away from the ground; just before hitting it? I suppose they would have survived if they had.

It depends on the force with which it was descending.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2019
delishpot:

It depends on the force with which it was descending.
Does it matter? Knowing fully well you wouldn't survive the crash. Jumping off at a level seemingly close to the ground would be a worthy risk.

These people are either too scared to do a survival stunt or they knowingly went on a suicide mission.

12 Likes

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by delishpot: 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2019
AkeNathan:

Does it matter? Knowing fully well you wouldn't survive the crash. Jumping off at a level seemingly close to the ground would be a worthy risk.

These people are too scared or they went on a suicide mission.

Ok

2 Likes

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by hisexcellency34: 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2019
No be person wey don eat belleful dey do skydiving?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by NOL2dworld(m): 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hope is not lost.. All U have to do is believe.

Is fear the boasting giant in your life?

Are U jobless and hopeless?

I know someone who will give U peace and rest of mind...

Making Jesus your best friend will help U to rewrite your life and family history..

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by mystic77(m): 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
Rip

If you need legit platforms to earn online either as a fulltime/part-time hustle, check my signature. Serious people only
Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by Oceannaagent: 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
So sad
Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by olassybaba: 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
K
Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by mrZENographer: 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
Kai

Do you want to know the difference between a Soul and a Spirit? Check my answer here

https://www.nairaland.com/5300621/re-whats-difference-between-spirit#80267651
Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2019
Lobatan.

Please see my signature. Biko.
Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by orunmila144: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2019
you play stupid games you get stupid prizes. i also notice when white people report brutal death they never show the mangled bodies but black people who have been so dehumanised to animal level are quick to show the mangled bodies of their dead to the world. and yet they wonder why people think they are animals

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by Baroba(m): 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2019
Indian plane..May there souls RIP
Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by ednut1(m): 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2019
AkeNathan:
I don't understand.

plane that won't be stable how do you jump off

5 Likes

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by CaptainStephen(m): 4:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
RIP Airborne embarassed embarassed
Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by CaptainStephen(m): 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2019
overdrive:
RIP.these guys are funny ,they are meant to be parachutists what then stops them from jumping before the crash or is this planned suicide
You dont just jump off like that mr.

2 Likes

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by Kennydoc(m): 4:24pm On Jul 15, 2019
AkeNathan:

These people are either too scared to do a survival stunt or they knowingly went on a suicide mission.

Are you talking about a plane that was probably spinning while crashing down to the ground with speed? You can't jump off a plane when it is approaching the ground while crashing.

5 Likes

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by KidsNEXTdoor: 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2019
Buhari effect everywhere

RIP to the dead
Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by Wayne4uall(m): 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2019
Rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by rainmoredays: 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2019
tosinornottosin:
Dude dusted 3 odds roll over in 1 week.

https://www.nairaland.com/5299809/3-odds-king
Him go start to request for sub, shebi. Get out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by seunlayi(m): 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2019
Pathetic
Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by Fanbee: 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2019
hisexcellency34:
No be person wey don eat belleful dey do skydiving?

Abi my brother?
Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by davillian(m): 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2019
emeijeh:
" .....According to Swedish media, some of the parachutists were seen trying to jump off the plane just before the crash."

So, what happened ?
Why dem no fit japa?
Same reason you can't just jump out of any plane even with parachute.
parachute are used for controlled jumps.
I think only fighter jets has ejection buttons with parachute.

5 Likes

Re: Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) by Erastuslove: 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2019
overdrive:
SURPRISED TOO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Update On The Lagos-ibadan Railway - Photos / The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State / Ado Ekiti Is Underrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.