Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? (2898 Views)

How Can I Cook Nigerian Stew Without Frying It / How Do I Cook Pounded Yam? / What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by Mobinga: 9:27am On Sep 08, 2010
I don't even know whether its cocoyam or potato. . . .
I think its potato sha :/
so what do i do do i boil it and eat or fry like yam?
Help cry
Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by yme1(f): 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2010
i really dont like boiling potato except am gonna use it for soup
frying is okay or you can slice along with tomato,onion and chicken then cook with the oven
Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by AmakaOne(f): 4:04pm On Sep 08, 2010
Oven-Fried Potatoes

2  baking potatoes, unpeeled
1 egg white
1 teaspoon chili-style seasoning (such as Cajun seasoning)*
Salt and pepper to taste

* You can vary the seasonings that you add to the egg whites. Be creative!

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.

Wash potatoes and cut lengthwise into 8 wedges or 4 wedges; dry well on paper towels.

In a large bowl, combine egg white, seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add potato wedges and too well to coat. Spread potatoes, in a single layer and leaving a little space between them, on prepared baking sheet, shaking off excess egg white. Spray tops of potatoes, lightly and evenly, with the non-stick cooking spray.

Place potatoes in hot oven and bake approximately 25 to 30 minutes. During cooking time, turn potatoes once or twice with tongs or a spatula. The fries should be golden brown and crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional seasoning (if desired) and serve hot.

Makes 4 servings.

1 Like

Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by xxcarolxx(f): 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2010
Peel potatoes and cut them in half so they all cook through. You can then mash them add milk or butter which ever is you prefer & a little salt. Or you can parboil your potatoes, then drain the water, then shake the pot so you rough up the potatoes a bit, then place in hot oil in a baking tray and place them in the oven until golden brown.

1 Like

Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by Hauwa1: 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2010
there was this baked potato i ate at the sch dinning.
so yummy. be like say them use nigerian stew rub the potato and then bake. i no remember the name sef and not bold enough to ask the cooks question grin they wouldn't give me the recipe anyway undecided

anyone with idea?
Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by Mobinga: 7:41pm On Sep 09, 2010
i'm not a professional. . . and IM A MAN
I just need to fill the tummy not to cook for a wedding. . . and i have only curry, thyme, groundnut oil sad
Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by nortyd: 12:33am On Sep 10, 2010
peel potatoe cut into slices fry in oil till golden
lovely chips sprinkle with a lil salt also yummy with a fried egg
Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by MissyB3(f): 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2010
Excuse ma late reply. wink

See ya mauth like You can't differentiate cocoyam from potato. shocked

I Love to prepare in oven. It goes with chicken, and my recipe is quite different from the one Amakaone posted.

I also love to fry. . . . It goes with fried eggs.  kiss kiss
This is simpler and takes less time. Lazy bones, maybe you should try this one. grin

Recipe:
Peel potatoes and slice thin
sprinkle salt on them
Heat oil in a pan, add your potatoes making sure they dont stick to each other.
Turn the potatoes over to allow them  be golden brown on each sides
Remove when ready, and place on absorbent paper.

Eggs:
Beat 2 eggs and add a pinch of salt, then whisk.
Slice tomatoes and pepper and onions
Put a little quantity of oil in a pan. When it's warm, add your onion and after some seconds, add your sliced tomatoes and pepper. Add a little quantity of maggi [optional]. After 2 minutes, add beaten eggs and don't stir immediately. After a few seconds [say 30], stir continiously for another 30-40 seconds and then serve with your fried potatoes. A bottle of malt could be useful.  wink

www.nairaland.com/attachments/288370_plantain_eggs_and_apple_jpg6e1d4756449844a1bd273bfadb237510

1 Like

Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by snthesis(m): 11:26am On Sep 15, 2010
^^^yummy grub - u try
P.S
how do i know wen d oil is warm-should i touch it
help, i'm a man too
Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by Ricardosan(m): 11:32am On Sep 15, 2010
very simply ,by dipping a finger into the fry pan.
Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by Ricardosan(m): 11:41am On Sep 15, 2010
Your dish looks welcoming as it is scarry.
A little creativity with the arrangement of the items on the tray should do the magic.
Please take no offence at my remark its not intended to spite you. smiley
Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by MissyB3(f): 10:18pm On Sep 15, 2010
snthesis:

^^^yummy grub - u try
Will You now marry me?  grin

snthesis:

P.S
how do i know wen d oil is warm-should i touch it
help, i'm a man too
1 - When it flows smoothly "like water" and quickly coats the bottom of the pan.
2-When a small piece of food ( a single piece of onion) sizzles immediately when added to the pan. Instead of a piece of onion, You can also use a drop of water.

Ricardosan:

very simply ,by dipping a finger into the fry pan.
Lol.  grin  grin  grin

Ricardosan:

Your dish looks welcoming as it is scarry.
A little creativity with the arrangement of the items on the tray should do the magic.
Please take no offence at my remark its not intended to spite you. smiley
I know that garnishing, and placing what in a proper position makes the food more inviting.
Apparently, I didn't prepare the one up there. Got it from the net . . .That's the best I could get.
Apart from onions dancing on top the plantain in the first pic, what's wrong with that arrangement?  smiley
Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2010
God! Missy seem to be a good cook shocked I wouldn't mind visiting you. cheesy
Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by favouredjb(f): 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2010
Lol@diping ur hand in the fry pan,
Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by brite007: 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2010
Preparation

Peel the potatoes and cut into large even-sized chunks. Rinse under cold running water to remove the excess starch.
Method

1. Par boil the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes.
2. Drain them and coat in the oil or fat of your choice. Use 15ml (1 tblspn) /25g (1oz) fat for each 450g (1lb) of potatoes.
3. Roast in an oven preheated to 200°C/425°F/Gas mark 6 for approximately 45 minutes, turning twice.
4. Serve immediately

1 Like

Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by Sissy3(f): 11:31pm On Sep 24, 2010
y me:

i really dont like boiling potato except am gonna use it for soup
frying is okay or you can slice along with tomato,onion and chicken then cook with the oven

really? soup as in correct naija soup?
Re: Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? by Nobody: 3:27am On Sep 13, 2015
All these years it has always been about food undecided
MissyB3:
Excuse ma late reply. wink

See ya mauth like You can't differentiate cocoyam from potato. shocked

I Love to prepare in oven. It goes with chicken, and my recipe is quite different from the one Amakaone posted.

I also love to fry. . . . It goes with fried eggs.  kiss kiss
This is simpler and takes less time. Lazy bones, maybe you should try this one. grin

Recipe:
Peel potatoes and slice thin
sprinkle salt on them
Heat oil in a pan, add your potatoes making sure they dont stick to each other.
Turn the potatoes over to allow them  be golden brown on each sides
Remove when ready, and place on absorbent paper.

Eggs:
Beat 2 eggs and add a pinch of salt, then whisk.
Slice tomatoes and pepper and onions
Put a little quantity of oil in a pan. When it's warm, add your onion and after some seconds, add your sliced tomatoes and pepper. Add a little quantity of maggi [optional]. After 2 minutes, add beaten eggs and don't stir immediately. After a few seconds [say 30], stir continiously for another 30-40 seconds and then serve with your fried potatoes. A bottle of malt could be useful.  wink

(1) (Reply)

Packed (smoked) Catfish For Sale / Shocking!! What I Discovered Inside The Egg Roll I Bought: Pics / 10 Best Chinese Restaurants In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.