Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. (2089 Views)

What Specie Of Snake Is This ? / World's Most Expensive Snake Is Lavender Albino Ball Python, Costs N14 Million / What Specie Of Dog Is This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by KingAzubuike(f): 6:40am On Mar 29, 2019
I've been killing this particular specie in my compound of late. Killed 3 so far.. Snake experts what specie (name) is this please and I wanna know if it's venomous.

Thanks and I'll reward you if its correct.

Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by Larryfest(m): 6:43am On Mar 29, 2019
Cobra
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by Fathertony: 6:45am On Mar 29, 2019
Fixedman33:
See below it is fixed
sell it to your miserable father

2 Likes

Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by KingAzubuike(f): 6:45am On Mar 29, 2019
Larryfest:
Cobra
I don't think this is a cobra bro.. Look at the patterns well..I'm already getting tired of them..
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by gaby(m): 6:48am On Mar 29, 2019
Na Sambisa you dey live abi "Burantashi" the snake charming/farmer COAS na you Neighbor?

The pattern makes it look like a member of the cobra family but can I please call a friend to ask?

Ring ring....

Lalasticlala...please what's the name of this your family member....

7 Likes

Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by Namdeenero(m): 7:40am On Mar 29, 2019
Upload a clear image of the head let's check if it's venomous

1 Like

Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by Abbeysunday(m): 7:40am On Mar 29, 2019
This is a BLACK RAT SNAKE sir

I'm using Airtel sir....When u confirm my answer is right
Thanks sir

3 Likes

Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by Kenedy16(m): 11:23am On Mar 29, 2019
It tink it is a gray rat snake. op una dey live wit rat?!
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by aysuprano(m): 12:27pm On Mar 29, 2019
It’s a viper
They have a distinct triangular shaped head
And they can retract their fangs
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by KingAzubuike(f): 4:26pm On Mar 29, 2019
aysuprano:
It’s a viper
They have a distinct triangular shaped head
And they can retract their fangs
Really?
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by Bomae: 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2019
Do you want to learn about home feed formulation for dogs? Then join our telegram group to learn about it and also everything you need to know about dogs.

These beautiful 12 weeks Caucasians are fed the home made formula

https:///CanineEducation

Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by space9880: 5:43pm On Mar 29, 2019
KingAzubuike:
I've been killing this particular specie in my compound of late. Killed 3 so far.. Snake experts what specie (name) is this please and I wanna know if it's venomous.

let us wait for baroba I'm sure he knows it abeg baroba you go give me small for the money o
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by aysuprano(m): 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Really?
Yeah
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by Pidginwhisper: 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2019
KingAzubuike:

This looks more like a Gaboon viper. Just by the triangular head shape and the stripe. But then Gaboon has fang not tongue. Although venomous but rarely bite due to its unaggresive nature. I could be wrong sha. But just turn the head around. A Gaboon has this rhino look.
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2019
Pidginwhisper:
This looks more like a Gaboon viper. Just by the triangular head shape and the stripe. But then Gaboon has fang not tongue. Although venomous but rarely bite due to its unaggresive nature. I could be wrong sha. But just turn the head around. A Gaboon has this rhino look.
That's nothing close to a gaboon viper. Gaboons have this short and thick body structure, they're not long.
OP should post more pics, maybe I can identity from the pictures
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by Pidginwhisper: 3:11pm On Mar 30, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

That's nothing close to a gaboon viper. Gaboons have this short and thick body structure, they're not long.
OP should post more pics, maybe I can identity from the pictures
Like i said, i could be wrong. The stripe pattern is same as that of gaboon. It's really difficult to know all specie of snakes by merely looking at them
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by 1000angstroms(m): 12:59am On Mar 31, 2019
This is a python and it is not venomous; they are constrictors
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 01, 2019
KingAzubuike:

You said you have been killing a particular snake species of late.

It's obvious you have a female snake inside your house/compound that's on heat. The snakes you have been killing are male snakes smelling pheromones from the female snake inside your house.

The day you kill and dispose the female snake under your bed or in your kitchen, is the day those snakes would stop coming for your compound.
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by TIDDOLL(m): 10:41am On Apr 01, 2019
A clear image of the head...and a closer snap will do.

Most likely to be a non-venomous specie.

1 Like

Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
1000angstroms:
This is a python and it is not venomous; they are constrictors
lolz.
that ain't a python

1 Like

Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by 1000angstroms(m): 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

lolz.
that ain't a python
That is a python nwanne, this is from a snake expert.
In Nigeria we have only the spitting Cobra, west African carpet viper, the garden snake.and the python. Vipers are shorter, spitting cobras don't have such markings and that ain't a garden snake, so from all indications it looks like a reticulated python that just shaded its skin.
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:22pm On Apr 01, 2019
1000angstroms:

That is a python nwanne, this is from a snake expert.
In Nigeria we have only the spitting Cobra, west African carpet viper, the garden snake.and the python. Vipers are shorter, spitting cobras don't have such markings and that ain't a garden snake, so from all indications it looks like a reticulated python that just shaded its skin.
Lolz. bro you're not a herpetologist. We have more than 1 cobra species in Nigeria, and those snakes you mentioned are not the only snake species in West Africa
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by 1000angstroms(m): 7:20pm On Apr 01, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

Lolz. bro you're not a herpetologist. We have more than 1 cobra species in Nigeria, and those snakes you mentioned are not the only snake species in West Africa
Am specifically talking of Nigeria, ok to you, what snake is that?
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2019
1000angstroms:
Am specifically talking of Nigeria, ok to you, what snake is that?
I can't really tell from the picture. OP should upload a clearer image
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by Bomae: 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2019
Join our telegram dog group to learn more about dogs https:///canineeducation

Helping dogs with excessive barking

When ur dog barks at objects like lizards, flying papers, sounds etc don't shout at him. With a calm tone call his name and say quite. Eg Jasper quite. When his calm u reward him with a treat. Shouting at him might make him keep quite but once ur not at sight he would start barking again.

Do not expect ur dog to never bark. That’s like saying students should not make noise. But some dogs bark excessively even at flying objects. Some dogs can chase objects in motion that's fine but when they start barking then it could mean a problem.

U have to figure out why ur dog does that and treat it.

Why Dogs our friends bark?

Barking is a form of vocal communication that dogs use, and it can mean different things depending on the situation.

Protecting their territories

When a person or an animal comes into an area ur dog considers his territory, that would make him bark. As the threat gets closer, the barking often gets louder. ur dog will look alert and even aggressive during this type of barking.

To signal u or / fear

Some dogs would bark at any noise or object whether flying or rolling including lizards, birds, etc. And especially when they aren't introduced to such Uv got to train them with the method i described above.

Boredom and or Loneliness

Dogs are pack animals.
If u leave ur dogs isolated for long periods they become agitated and mentally unstable. This would often make them unhappy which leads to aggression and barking.

Greeting/Play

This is a happy bark and some dogs could bark when greeting u or other animals they love. Its usually accompanied with tail wags and sometimes jumping.

Attention Seeking

They could bark to seek ur attention. Some dogs could bark when they want something, such as going outside, playing, or getting a treat.

Separation Anxiety

This could be the problem with ur dog. Puppies usually face this problem after they are been taking away from their mum and siblings.

Dogs with separation anxiety often bark excessively when and especially when left alone.

When ur dog is barking, say “Quiet” or "shut up" in a calm but firm voice. Wait until he stops barking, even if it’s just to take a breath, then praise him and give him a treat. Just be careful to never reward him while he’s barking.
Like i said before dont shout at him cos it would make him confuse.

Use of bark Collars

There are bark collars u can get to make ur dog stop barking but i prefer training method.

There are shock collars, which deliver shock to the dog they do work but sometimes it can make ur dog aggressive.

There are other products and devices that can minimise ur dog from barking. Bark-activated water sprayers or noisemakers switch on when they pick up barking sound from ur dog. It works by spraying water on ur dogs face or emitting irritating sounds which could make ur dog to stop barking �

And once it happens and the dog stops barking then give him a treat and praise him.

Join our telegram dog group to learn more about dogs https:///canineeducation
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by 1000angstroms(m): 5:40pm On Apr 02, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

I can't really tell from the picture. OP should upload a clearer image
Then take it from me, it's a python.
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? Financial Reward For Correct Answer. by KingAzubuike(f): 6:13am On Apr 05, 2019
1000angstroms:

Then take it from me, it's a python.
It's not a Python. I think the guy that said the grey rat snake might be right. But venomous or not, no one cares to know, we kill any snake that comes our way.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Same Pics .... 3 Different Sellers ... Yahoo Boys In Pet Section / Meet The Squad Here In Klawz Kennel...best Of Game Bred Pitbulls / What's This Weird Looking Animal Called? Can You Identify It?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.