Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 (42655 Views)

Pigeons Released By Buhari Refused To Fly At Armed Forces Remembrance (Video) / Ita Enang: Why Buhari Refused To Sign Electoral Act Amendment Bill / Why Buhari Refused To Sign Electoral Act Bill - Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by chozzy: 7:26pm On Mar 29, 2019
Mystick:
A stumbling block to a progressive reform is what this archaic president is to our nation.
He thinks tribalistic first before nationalistic.

I swear
Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2019
GavelSlam:
Good.

He's always been explicit in his refusal, stating where the conflicts lie and sundry times, the national assembly has had to rework or reword the bills which he ultimately signed.

The assembly should be more thorough with the bills and not leave room for consequent conflict and litigation.
The same way he refused to sign the PIGB into law because it will "whittle down" his powers as Minister of Petroleum? angry
Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by Nigeriadondie: 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2019
liohan:
His zombies will keep saying "Saraki was what slowed the governance. If not he would have taken Nigeria to the moon".
Tell me if any of the 31 bills which were rejected by him won't help Nigeria and the populace in the long run?
The useless president that a country has.
You think you have made any meaningful comment. Saraki is a demon. Infact if u look at those bills many are useless. Some were to establish agencies or commissions that would perform duplicative functions of existing ones. This would in turn drain huge resources on recurrent expenditure alone when in actual fact we should be talking of trying to merge them.
Zombies are those who think Saraki contributed anything positive to governance that is why he was thrown out as the garbage he is at the polls.
The only thing Saraki’s led senate is good at is to pass bills to establish agencies and commissions as if the ones we have already are doing well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by MyGeneration(m): 7:43pm On Mar 29, 2019
jydeskill1:
The OP should do a balanced job by telling us the bills he signed too.
Since the Op has told us about bills he rejected why don't u tell us about bills he signed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by smeag0l(m): 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2019
Exactly. Gullible people here keep accusing him of rejecting bills but check all the bills he rejected. Either they're very poorly written with contradictions here and there or there areinjections of some percentage funds dedicated to funding some agemcies and parastatals and that are designed to milk the masses of their hard earned income in the name of tax.
GavelSlam:
Good.

He's always been explicit in his refusal, stating where the conflicts lie and sundry times, the national assembly has had to rework or reword the bills which he ultimately signed.

The assembly should be more thorough with the bills and not leave room for consequent conflict and litigation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by smeag0l(m): 7:59pm On Mar 29, 2019
He rejected that cos the Senate put the gubernatorial elections before that of the presidential elections which would sway votes massively to the party that wins majority of the gubernatorial seats. That was purely Saraki''s handiwork
Elvis778:

I personally agree with you,
but,
can you say any of these reasons apply to his rejection of the Electoral Act amendment?? Ofcourse we all followed up the news then, he delayed a bit after which he rejected it. Does that not mean something?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by smeag0l(m): 8:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
If you have seen the content of 6,7 and 8 you need no one to tell you they're fraudulent. They involve creating special purpose funds for fighting piracy and climate change control for instance. These funds are actually meant to be diverted. I can't wait for this senate to be shipped out!This is the worst in Nigeria''s
history. They can't even sit and type well.
brainhgeek:
I see no reason why 6,7,8 should not be approved.
9 looks fraudulent to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by GavelSlam: 8:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
smeag0l:
Exactly. Gullible people here keep accusing him of rejecting bills but check all the bills he rejected. Either they're very poorly written with contradictions here and there or there areinjections of some percentage funds dedicated to funding some agemcies and parastatals and that are designed to milk the masses of their hard earned income in the name of tax.

There's a reason Nigeria is a 3rd world country.

Seemingly educated people are neither thorough nor analytical.

In addition, lots of Nigerians have began to exhibit a sense of hate and antipathy which strangely enough, makes their very existence unbearable.

Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by Blue3k(m): 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2019
GavelSlam:

There's a reason Nigeria is a 3rd world country.

Seemingly educated people are neither thorough nor analytical.

In addition, lots of Nigerians have began to exhibit a sense of hate and antipathy which strangely enough, makes their very existence unbearable.

The worst part is that they all ignore fact NASS can override vetos. The fact is they never attempted it. They just resubmit bills they know he's going to reject then whine hoping media pressure changes Buhari's mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by miketayo(m): 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2019
All this bills is just a way of making money. Wats climate change bill btw
Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by miketayo(m): 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2019
smeag0l:

I thought I was d only one seeing it.. some of them makes zero sense, they r just looking for avenues to make money
Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by miketayo(m): 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
PROPHETmichael:

Bills that intellectuals in partnership with stakeholders have sat down to come up with?

Intellectuals you say, if only u knew how they come about this bills, this are just avenue to make money while the masses suffer, even the few ones that made sense would still be used to make money
Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by Reference(m): 9:31pm On Mar 29, 2019
Lucid1:

They've not even asked for details of the bills or his reason(s) for not signing, they're here commenting like headless chickens

And you sir, have not assessed the importance of those bills and understood why the President did not assent before responding to the critics. As they criticise 'without reason'... so my friend you 'support without reason'

Generally I will fall on the side of the critique for one reason and one reason alone.... Nigeria is not getting better across all major indices of life and living. This country badly needs new ideas and new inspiration. I will be shocked if any of the bills is anything but a desire of ordinary folks to move foward and off the anchor that is the Nigerian state amd its terrible, negative and overbearing influence on their daily lives.

You simply cannot have wrak, dysfunctional institutions and desire to protect the status quo. I will welcome anything and everything that will wraken the government and give the people more power and more liberties. Judging by his antecedents throughout his public service life I am not surprised that any bill that will do that will be resisted and rejected by him.
Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by Reference(m): 9:48pm On Mar 29, 2019
miketayo:

Intellectuals you say, if only u knew how they come about this bills, this are just avenue to make money while the masses suffer, even the few ones that made sense would still be used to make money

And it is a crime for Nigerians to seek legislative changes to enable them make money and move forward. Can you just listen to the nonsense you posted. Is there any country in the non Communist world where people donot seek personal liberties and prosperity. When the British called for a Referendum on their continued stay in Europe, what was the overwhelming reason.... the fear of losing their liberties, the dilution of their prosperity and the loss of their identity. They kicked from council to parliament.

I am just sorry for you folks who are just too ignorant ablout how nations are built. Nigeria is begining to cleave into two distinct ideologies that are beginning to run through the mindset of its citizens.There is a camp that is firmly entrapped in feudalism. The yes sir, ranka dede people who believe you elect a conservative politician and go to bed..... expecting him to do all the house chores and deliver the batter.

There is another camp that is firmly in the grip of liberal capitalism that believes government is a yoke, an anchor to the progress of this country and will throw anything and everything at it to let Nigerians build and run their own destinies. I am in this camp. I see government as an organiser of society, period, no more. I believe in democracy and that it gives citizens the right to aspire to whatever levels of success and wealth they so desire and I am beginning to sense that it is upsetting this new found feudal system and its operators who seek to be kings and emperors rather than President's and Servants in Chief.

Please this is not the Soviet Union of the 60's. A young and virile democracy at the wheel of a backward country such as our needs to get all its people working and it needs to enrich them. For this to happen it needs to give up a lot of power and privileges. He should stop protecting a failed system of government and its few beneficiaries and open up fhis country. He should sign those bills. Nigeria does not belong to him personally.

1 Like

Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by komodapson(m): 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2019
GavelSlam:
Good.

absolutely spot on...

pls, how do you write in bold letters...

1 Like

Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by miketayo(m): 10:54pm On Mar 29, 2019
Reference:

And it is a crime for Nigerians to seek legislative changes to enable them make money and move forward. Can you just listen to the nonsense you posted. Is there any country in the non Communist world where people donot seek personal liberties and prosperity. When the British called for a Referendum on their continued stay in Europe, what was the overwhelming reason.... the fear of losing their liberties, the dilution of their prosperity and the loss of their identity. They kicked from council to parliament.

I am just sorry for you folks who are just too ignorant ablout how nations are built. Nigeria is begining to cleave into two distinct ideologies that are beginning to run through the mindset of its citizens.There is a camp that is firmly entrapped in feudalism. The yes sir, ranka dede people who believe you elect a conservative politician and go to bed..... expecting him to do all the house chores and deliver the batter.

There is another camp that is firmly in the grip of liberal capitalism that believes government is a yoke, an anchor to the progress of this country and will throw anything and everything at it to let Nigerians build and run their own destinies. I am in this camp. I see government as an organiser of society, period, no more. I believe in democracy and that it gives citizens the right to aspire to whatever levels of success and wealth they so desire and I am beginning to sense that it is upsetting this new found feudal system and its operators who seek to be kings and emperors rather than President's and Servants in Chief.

Please this is not the Soviet Union of the 60's. A young and virile democracy at the wheel of a backward country such as our needs to get all its people working and it needs to enrich them. For this to happen it needs to give up a lot of power and privileges. He should stop protecting a failed system of government and its few beneficiaries and open up fhis country. He should sign those bills. Nigeria does not belong to him personally.

See the rubbish u typed.we r talking about a country that has no system. Or are you new in Nigeria or wat? You think wat works in UK would work here.. these is a country with no system, 99% of bills pass in the past , plus the future bills, sensible or not r just ways of Ur Gov looting. You even went off point so many times.. ur case is special shocked..
Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by GavelSlam: 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2019
komodapson:

absolutely spot on...

pls, how do you write in bold letters...

Just highlight the text and select B under message
Re: List Of Bills Buhari Refused To Sign Into Law Since 2015 by brainhgeek(m): 6:59am On Mar 30, 2019
smeag0l:
If you have seen the content of 6,7 and 8 you need no one to tell you they're fraudulent. They involve creating special purpose funds for fighting piracy and climate change control for instance. These funds are actually meant to be diverted. I can't wait for this senate to be shipped out!This is the worst in Nigeria''s
history. They can't even sit and type well.

Really? Ignorance is actually not good. I was thinking climate change has commanded a global attention. Nigerian lawmakers are the worst set of humans in authority.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Certificate Palaver: Court Rules On Thursday / Residents On The Run As ISWAP Attacks Soldiers In Borno / Pictures Of The Nigeria-Cameroon 1.5km Border Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.