Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard (14201 Views)

Senate To Fast-Track Passage Of New Minimum Wage Bill / Constitution Alteration Bill: 35 Items To Be Transmitted To Buhari For Assent / Saraki Signs National Minimum Wage Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:11pm On Mar 29, 2019
By Victor Young & Luminous Jannamike

The struggle for an N30,000 minimum wage for the least paid workers in Nigeria by organised labour appears to be nearing a joyous end as the National Assembly has transmitted a clean copy of the passed bill by the National Assembly to President Muhammadu Buhari for assent.

President Buhari
This came as  Medical and Health Workers’ Union of Nigeria, MHWUN, has advised Buhari to look beyond medical doctors and appoint technocrats in health administration as Ministers of Health in his second tenure.

President of Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Ayuba Wabba, who disclosed the transmitting of minimum wage bill to Buhari, yesterday, at the opening ceremony of the 10th National Delegates Conference of MHWUN, informed that it was sent to  Buhari on Wednesday.

According to him, “I am aware that the minimum wage bill has been passed and a clean copy has been transmitted to the President on Wednesday and we are expecting the President to assent to it.

“I am sure our workers will benefit from it. It is important, I say from the point of fact, that it is long overdue. It is not only long overdue, what is even N30,000 in the Nigerian economy?

“Therefore, everybody must agree that workers have been patient, workers have demonstrated enough commitment and therefore, I think,  implementation at various levels should actually go seamlessly.”

“We are also looking at the implementation, and I assure you in our normal way, we will continue to support our states from one state to the other until everything and everybody is able to benefit from it. This is because the truth of it is that if you look at the rate of inflation is even higher than the minimum wage that has been increased. The reality of it is that it is just to keep body and soul together but actually to address the fact that we want a living wage.”

The NLC also faulted the federal government plans to reduce the salary of certain categories of public workers, insisting that it was the bogus pay package of the political class that should be reduced.

Earlier,  while welcoming delegated, he advised President Buhari to look beyond medical doctors and appoint technocrats in health administration as Ministers of Health in his second tenure.

According to the union,  the President’s doing so would reduce the friction between doctors and other professionals in the health sector and also ensure only unbiased advice on the way forward for the country’s deplorable health system is given the government.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/nass-sends-n30000-minimum-wage-bill-to-buhari-for-assent/

Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:13pm On Mar 29, 2019
Who are those spreading fake news yesterday that buhari signed minimum wage bill ?

The bill has not been signed .

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by GoldChest(m): 2:22pm On Mar 29, 2019
I knew it was fake news because no credible news portal carried the news .

But good to know the bill is with the president now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:23pm On Mar 29, 2019
GoldChest:
I knew it was fake news because no credible news portal carried the news .

But good to know the bill is with the president now

Yes the bill is yet to be signed .

1 Like

Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by inoki247: 2:47pm On Mar 29, 2019
Me I don tire for diz country oh which one dem talk say him sign yesterday maybe Minimum Wage for Cows or Fulani Herdsman.... Election is over now is time to start hearing real News...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 29, 2019
angry
Bubu is doing well...I praise him. But I have one question to ask...

Will the Npower foot soldiers benefit from this N30k largesse? Their wage is currently N30k. Will it be increased

2 Likes

Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by globalresource: 2:49pm On Mar 29, 2019
Good
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by legwa10(m): 2:49pm On Mar 29, 2019
I pray to benefit from this trend
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 29, 2019
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by ibnlawal(m): 2:52pm On Mar 29, 2019
Baba go-slow shaa...wetin dey delay baba buhari again naa, haha! No be ur money or papa money naa,
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 29, 2019
I know He will sign it.

So he can use that to brag after he leaves office that he increased the minimum wage and made standard of living better..

Atleast list this as one of his achievements

Check my signature and profile threads for more juicy stuffs

I'm a Web developer and php scripts sellers.
A WordPress freaky

1 Like

Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by igahdavid(m): 2:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
Good

Meanwhile

Call us for your car Tracking INSTALLATIONS.
Our Car Tracking systems has helped to recover lots of stolen vehicles.

Check out some of our stolen recovered vehicles

https://www.nairaland.com/899639/stolen-recovered-vehicles
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by kingsjeroneyah: 2:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
Nass send it on Wednesday as reported by the nlc pres and the president sign it on Thursday. I think it add up.
Meanwhile this event is reporting a yesterday event.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by morinto: 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2019
When i become president Nigeria minimum wage go be 5,200 but 1 NARIA = 2 dollars. Make una nor fear. Vote me for 2031 by God grace

1 Like

Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by jericco1(m): 2:59pm On Mar 29, 2019
what of the one way nairaland claim say Buhari sign in the morning?
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by austin360: 3:00pm On Mar 29, 2019
Admin should verify news before posting on this platform. Yesterday it was posted that it has been signed which was fake news.

6 Likes

Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by ungara17: 3:00pm On Mar 29, 2019
What is 30,000 in the Nigeria economy and what can it afford? God please help the poor.
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by OhiOfIhima: 3:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
Good one there.. Let there be an enforcement that will make this private organisation to see the need to abide.
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by OhiOfIhima: 3:11pm On Mar 29, 2019
ungara17:
What is 30,000 in the Nigeria economy and what can it afford? God please help the poor.

Addition of 12k is better than non brother.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by stalwart123(m): 3:34pm On Mar 29, 2019
grin
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by Deji63: 3:37pm On Mar 29, 2019
God bless Buhari. Nigerians need a higher quality of life like what takes place in the western world.
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by virginboy1(m): 3:37pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ordinary 30k... And see how some people are jumping upandan...as if they won jackpots.

Suffer no good ooo... cry
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by ngmoses17(m): 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2019
Nairaland fall my hands yesterday for publicising a fake news yesterday, actually believed it coz i saw it on this portal. I'll have to be double checking next time.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by mujaya1(m): 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2019
jericco1:
what of the one way nairaland claim say Buhari sign in the morning?
you forget nairaland and there fake news
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:47pm On Mar 29, 2019
Different news everywhere.
Anyway, our dear President should do the needful to the minimum wage bill.
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by hadjipapiey(m): 3:48pm On Mar 29, 2019
Take it up
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 3:51pm On Mar 29, 2019
Abeg youth corpers go follow partake?
Just asking...
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by Rahym001(m): 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Who are those spreading fake news yesterday that buhari signed minimum wage bill ?

The bill has not been signed .

this shows u did not read before commenting
Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by Kolping: 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
The minimum wage of 30,000 Naira is for the lowest paid worker in Nigeria which is Grade Level 1 Step 1 in the Federal Civil Service.

People with First School Leaving Certificates (Primary School education) are employed at Grade Level 1.
People with Senior Secondary Certificates are employed at Grade Level 4.
University graduates are employed at Grade Level 8.

A University graduate in the Federal Civil Service will NOT earn 30,000 Naira per month.
A teenager (18 years old) with only 6 years of Primary education will earn 30,000 Naira per month.

Graduates will be earning close to 100,000 Naira per month in the Federal Ministries. It will be much higher than 100,000 Naira if you are a University graduate in a parastatal or agency like CBN, FIRS, NCC, NITDA, NNPC etc.

3 Likes

Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by MASTERMIND04(m): 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2019
MasterRahl:
angry
Bubu is doing well...I praise him. But I have one question to ask...

Will the Npower foot soldiers benefit from this N30k largesse? Their wage is currently N30k. Will it be increased
I also have one question to ask u.
If there is slight increase in stuffs in the market after the implementation of the new minimum wage, will Npower be buying those stuffs at the rate it was sold before or the new price?
If u give the correct answer, u go know the answer to ur question.

1 Like

Re: NASS Sends N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill To Buhari For Assent - Vanguard by Femich18(m): 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
Hmmmm...But i thought one guy with source as Igbere tv whatever here on Nairaland made a post that he has signed the mininum wage bill into law?I just know the post was fake cos no other news source reported it except one unknown Igbere Tv

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari: No Going Back On Naira Redesign / Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch / Amaechi, Jang, Others Attend Jonathan’s Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.