Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts (961 Views)

I Need Phone Flashing, locking and unlocking phone Softwares Teaching / What Are Your Popular Smartphone Myths / Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2019
Hello all,

Phones are a part of our lives now. Our details, stuff and information are stored on phones. Be it gaming, business, entertainment, information etc, the importance of phones in our everyday lives can't be overemphasized. It's often a burden trying to get a phone, there are so many to choose from, with everybody claiming to be the best. Well we have decided to bring us information about phones; from choosing a good battery to a good screen to a good ram to a good memory space etc.

We'd also assist in anyway we can. Whatever query you have about a phone or phones, comparisons, or myths, bring it on we got you covered.
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 30, 2019
People often complain that a phone supposed to be water resistant got in water and got spoilt.

A water resistant phone is different from a waterproof phone.
Water resistant phones can withstand splashes and maybe quick dips but if submerged in water it'd get damaged.
Waterproof phones are IP68 certified. They can be submerged in fresh water to a certain level for a certain period of time.

It's also a bad idea to use phones in pools.
During IP68 certification, the phones are tested in fresh water, and pools are not fresh water, they're treated water.

Hope you learnt a thing or two.
We're open to questions

3 Likes

Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 01, 2019
Many people wanna know original chargers, but point blank there's no definite way to know original.
Especially in Nigeria, imitations are too much. And they'd look exactly like, and even have the same inscriptions on em.

So, to know if your charger is charging fast...
Go to app store, download ampere, an app.

When u plug ur charger, open the app. It'd show readings.
If it goes below 50 charger is slow. 50 and above charger is fast, above 80 (rarely) charger is Usain bolt lol.

I hope you find this useful.

1 Like

Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Diavolo: 8:48pm On Apr 03, 2019
Saw a post here where u said uve used the Nokia x5 and currently using the Huawei y9 prime 2019. Which do you think is better between the two.
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 04, 2019
Diavolo:
Saw a post here where u said uve used the Nokia x5 and currently using the Huawei y9 prime 2019. Which do you think is better between the two.

Sir I'm using the huawei y7 prime 2019 not y9 prime 2019...

Both are great devices.
Depends on your budget.

Note that nokia x5 is the Chinese variant of 5.1plus
And their prices are almost 20k apart.

I still prefer the huawei y7 prime 2019 even though I've only used it for a week
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Diavolo: 7:00am On Apr 04, 2019
MyphoneandI:

Sir I'm using the huawei y7 prime 2019 not y9 prime 2019...

Both are great devices.
Depends on your budget.

Note that nokia x5 is the Chinese variant of 5.1plus
And their prices are almost 20k apart.

I still prefer the huawei y7 prime 2019 even though I've only used it for a week
meant to say y7 prime. As at today the difference in price is only 5k. I think I will go for the y7 prime then. Thanks
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 04, 2019
Diavolo:
meant to say y7 prime. As at today the difference in price is only 5k. I think I will go for the y7 prime then. Thanks

You're welcome.
Please be guided.
There's y7 prime 2018, y7 pro 2018, y7 prime 2019 and y7 pro 2019.

The prime and pro look almost d same just no fingerprint on the pro.
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Diavolo: 9:06am On Apr 04, 2019
I'm talking about the y7 prime 2019.
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 04, 2019
Diavolo:
I'm talking about the y7 prime 2019.

Yeah it's good. Very good.

You can also check out Samsung galaxy m10
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Diavolo: 9:25am On Apr 04, 2019
MyphoneandI:

Yeah it's good. Very good.

You can also check out Samsung galaxy m10
OK good. I think I will stick to the y7 prime 2019. Thanks
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 04, 2019
Diavolo:
OK good. I think I will stick to the y7 prime 2019. Thanks

You're welcome, anytime.

Bro, the huawei y7 prime 2019 doesn't have the option to put off notifications on lock screen.
If your screen is locked, anyone who picks ur phone will see any notification you have. Even contents of texts, WhatsApp etc
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Diavolo: 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2019
MyphoneandI:

You're welcome, anytime.

Bro, the huawei y7 prime 2019 doesn't have the option to put off notifications on lock screen.
If your screen is locked, anyone who picks ur phone will see any notification you have. Even contents of texts, WhatsApp etc
so how do you deal with that issue
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 04, 2019
Diavolo:
so how do you deal with that issue

I haven't found a way actually...
And the proximity sensor doesn't work well under sunlight
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Diavolo: 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2019
MyphoneandI:

I haven't found a way actually...
And the proximity sensor doesn't work well under sunlight
just checked my phone now and it's the same thing. I think that's a normal thing.
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2019
Diavolo:
just checked my phone now and it's the same thing. I think that's a normal thing.

What's a normal thing
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 06, 2019
Greetings.

Someone said to me today, do I have to charge my new phone to 100% before use.

Well NO!

New phones or new batteries or new power banks need not be charged fully before use.
Phones use Lithium based batteries ; li-ion and li-po
They both can be recharged from any percentage and used as well, it does not matter.

Other household electronics may be charged fully before use as they're nickel based batteries.

So next time someone asks you to charge fully first or charge with power supplied by power holding or stuff like that, tell them it's a lie, cos it's actually a lie.

Glad to be of help.
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Diavolo: 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2019
What screen guard are you using for ur phone. Cos the one that came with it is plastic or so and I don't think it's strong enough. Whereas the one I bought isn't fitting perfectly, so it's reducing the beauty
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by walesho(m): 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2019
Is it advice able to change a phone panel when it is bad or just buy a complete phone entirely
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2019
Diavolo:
What screen guard are you using for ur phone. Cos the one that came with it is plastic or so and I don't think it's strong enough. Whereas the one I bought isn't fitting perfectly, so it's reducing the beauty

I'm using one I bought off the local market. It's reducing the beauty too, but the screenguard isn't out yet. Except at their office or you order online.
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2019
walesho:
Is it advice able to change a phone panel when it is bad or just buy a complete phone entirely

Depends on the phone.

But I'd advise you, based on personal choice and experience. You should get a new one.

1 Like

Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Diavolo: 7:15am On Apr 10, 2019
MyphoneandI:

I'm using one I bought off the local market. It's reducing the beauty too, but the screenguard isn't out yet. Except at their office or you order online.

OK. Which camera app are you using or is the the phone camera ure using?
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
Diavolo:
OK. Which camera app are you using or is the the phone camera ure using?

The phone camera is very good. Even though I kinda prefer the selfie camera to the main camera. And I'm not really a picture person but it beat most phones of it's price range during reviews.

Try with the phone camera. If you're not satisfied I'd recommend good camera apps for you.
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Diavolo: 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2019
MyphoneandI:

The phone camera is very good. Even though I kinda prefer the selfie camera to the main camera. And I'm not really a picture person but it beat most phones of it's price range during reviews.

Try with the phone camera. If you're not satisfied I'd recommend good camera apps for you.
pls recommend for me
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 10, 2019
Diavolo:
pls recommend for me

Camera FV-5
Camera MX
Huawei 360
Re: Myphoneandi - Get Help With Your Phone, Softwares, Hardwares, Myths And Facts by IbsoGlobal: 8:56pm On Oct 11, 2021

(1) (Reply)

S7 Edge For Sale / US Used 128gb Factory Unlocked Iphone 6s For Sale / Full List Of Glo Data Plans In Nigeria, Prices & Subscription Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.