Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,316 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Higuain Retires From International Duties With Argentina - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Higuain Retires From International Duties With Argentina (296 Views)

Gonzalo Higuain's £49M Move to Chelsea Takes a New Twist / Juventus Reportedly Offer Higuain To Chelsea For Morata / Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Higuain Retires From International Duties With Argentina by TosinBello(m): 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2019
The 31-year-old has been a regular in the Argentina setup for the last decade since making his debut against Peru in 2009, though he has not featured since the 2018 World Cup.

"I've made the decision because I want to enjoy my family, I want to spend time with my daughter and at the same time I feel that I gave my country everything I could," Higuain said.

"I'm fully focused on my commitment to Chelsea.

"The Premier League is amazing and I really want to enjoy it. It's very competitive indeed."

Higuain reached three major finals whilst playing for Argentina - the 2014 World Cup and the Copa America in 2015 and 2016 - but he often received criticism after missing key chances in those matches, particularly in 2014 and 2015 against Germany and Chile respectively.

"People remember the goals I missed and not the ones I scored. I'm sure everyone celebrated the goal against Belgium [the winner in the 2014 World Cup quarter-final]," he told Fox Sports.

"When you criticise someone maliciously it hurts everyone. I saw how much my family suffered, but I gave everything for the national team.

"It's one thing to say that the national team did not achieve our objectives, but when people talk about failure it's very hard."

Source: Marca

(1) (Reply)

Premier League: Everton Win To Stop Arsenal From Going Third / Breaking News!!! Become A Successful Man With Yangawin / Make Your UCL Prediction And Stand A Chance To Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.