Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Is It True That Islam Allows - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It True That Islam Allows (643 Views)

When A Christian Person Claims That Islam Spread By Sword.... / A Conversion Btw 2 Muslims On Why Islam Allows Marriage Between First Cousins / Do Moslems Know That Islam Was Created By The Roman Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Islam Allows by redsun(m): 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2010
Is it true that islam allows and encorages insest?A recent channel 4 documentary in UK featured pakistani moslems that marrys their first cousins under the guise of islam.And as a result of the abomination most of the children born in such union end up with dilapidating diseases and life long agonies.

If it is true,how come some core islamic doctrines always go against the law of nature and fundamental common sense?Paedophilia,insest,jihad to name a few.

This is not main to provoke anger but to question the morality,rationality and the sensibility in such beliefs.
Re: Is It True That Islam Allows by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2010
I know islam allows many abominable things like marriage to a minor&killing for 72 virgins. They may as well allow it @op
Re: Is It True That Islam Allows by Titobay(f): 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2010
I really don't know what the source of the UK documentary comes from but my Quran which is d most authentic of all sources says in Chapter 4 verses 22 -  24

"And do not marry those women whom your fathers married, except what has already occurred. Indeed, it was an immorality and hateful to Allah and was evil as a  way. (This verse is trying to chastise and condemn what has happened in the past)

Prohibited to you in marriage are your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your father's sisters, your mother's sisters, your brother's daughters, your sister's daughters, your (milk) mothers who nursed you, your sisters through nursing, your wives' mothers and your step daughters under your guardianship (born) of your wives unto whom you have gone in (i.e. had sexual intercourse). But if you have not gone in unto them, there is no sin upon you. And also prohibited are the wives of your sons who are from your own loins, and that you take in marriage two sisters simultaneously, except for what has already occurred unknowingly. Indeed Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful.

And also prohibited to you are all married women except those your right hand possess. This is the decree of Allah upon you. And lawful to you are all others beyond these, provided that you seek their hand in marriage with gifts from your property, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse. So for whatever you enjoy of marriage from them, give them their due compensation as an obligation. And there is no blame upon you for what you mutually agree to beyond the obligation. Indeed Allah is ever Knowing and Wise."

I believe the above verses are self explicit. I know language is a barrier in Islamic religion but when we seek the truth, we shall find. Arabian tradition and custom is not the same with Islamic practice. There's a lot of mix up these days and we need to be very careful.

I thank you for taking the pains to find out the truth.

Keep me posted.
Re: Is It True That Islam Allows by Titobay(f): 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2010
toba, I know you have never seen nor read a Quran before but you uphold what you hear people say. Lets be careful in our utterances because we shall all be held accountable for our sayings and our deeds in the final analysis with the Most Gracious God. The Bible enjoins you to seek the truth and not spread blasphemy on the land.

Take kia
Re: Is It True That Islam Allows by vescucci(m): 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2010
At OP. Would you have come here to ask if it was true that Islam promoted peace if you seen such on a documentary? I doubt it very much. You just want vindication. Your opinion is already formed, dried and heat treated. It's one thing to hate something. It's another if it's like an obsession and you get off on the hate. Tradition is different from religion. Arabian is not necessarily Islamic. I'm not defending anything for everyone knows I do not like religion much, but I'm allergic to those who can't think for themselves.
Re: Is It True That Islam Allows by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2010
Titobay:

toba, I know you have never seen nor read a Quran before but you uphold what you hear people say. Lets be careful in our utterances because we shall all be held accountable for our sayings and our deeds in the final analysis with the Most Gracious God. The Bible enjoins you to seek the truth and not spread blasphemy on the land.

Take kia
i have read it
Re: Is It True That Islam Allows by bashydemy(m): 9:19pm On Sep 08, 2010
Titobay:

Take kia
have you forgotten who toba is? he always believe what he heard from the media or them say them talk say and he is the type that his pastor will ask his wife to come for night vigil and also for 7days private prayer
Re: Is It True That Islam Allows by redsun(m): 11:11am On Sep 09, 2010
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/4od#3116215

Watch,question,analyze,review and comment.Though i am not a fan of islam or any organize religion but i am not unnecessary antagonistic and vindictive towards them either.

I find it very appauling when people act stupi-d in the name of subjective religious doctrines.Like every other thing,religious doctrines and tenents shoud be dynamic and subject to alterations in accordance with time,what made sense to mohammed centuries ago should not make sense to a twenty first century individual,with the exception of  unconditional love,true love remain the same for ever.
Re: Is It True That Islam Allows by vescucci(m): 11:15am On Sep 09, 2010
Awww. I agree
Re: Is It True That Islam Allows by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 09, 2010
bashy_demy:

have you forgotten who toba is? he always believe what he heard from the media or them say them talk say and he is the type that his pastor will ask his wife to come for night vigil and also for 7days private prayer
too bad. U like to talk nonsense. Im not yet married
Re: Is It True That Islam Allows by bashydemy(m): 11:48pm On Sep 09, 2010
Who said you are married i only say they will ask your wife might be now or future ok.
Re: Is It True That Islam Allows by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 10, 2010
U still talking nonsense. Arent u going to the mosque to deceive ur self today being itunu awe? At 10.00am
Re: Is It True That Islam Allows by bashydemy(m): 9:31am On Sep 10, 2010
Sure am Getting ready with my kids cos my wife is Xtain so am going with my kids and later to the Ozone Center Yaba ok so if you dey vex hug the nearest transformer

(1) (Reply)

On The Origin Of Existence. . .God. . .Reality. . .man / Materialism And Holiness Cannot Work Together / Is It Right For Couples To Attend Different Churches.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.