Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,421 members, 7,954,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:54 AM

How Can I Solve My ‘keeping In Touch’ Problem? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Can I Solve My ‘keeping In Touch’ Problem? (445 Views)

Please How Do I Solve This Data Problem With Glo / Help I Have A Loan Problem How Do I Solve It / How Do I Solve My Sleepless Night Problem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Solve My ‘keeping In Touch’ Problem? by dantewest: 11:14am On Mar 30, 2019
You meet someone great, after a short period of happy times, they just stopped responding and communicating with you like before, it’s like they begin to erect barriers that weren’t there in the beginning. They begin to act like a ghost, appearing and reappearing in extended time gap. This is a familiar experience right? Don’t hate me but I’m also guilty of been the ghost in friendships and relationships.

Ghosts and Fairweather friends are different things. A ghost will stand by you in times whenever they pop up in your life, they will do their natural best and see you through as far as they haven’t done their disappearing act yet. Fairweather friends bolt at first exposure to uncomfortable situations.

How do you keep in touch when you have nothing to share? Do you just send ‘hi’ and begin the wait game (waiting for the other person to take charge of the conversation) or do you ask the usual questions like have you eaten, what did you have for breakfast etc… How do you keep in touch when your own life is in a mess? How do you keep in touch with friends who are working and you are jobless? How do you keep in touch when you have been single for so long you need a class on dating again. Many thoughts makes us to silently admire our friends from a far.

Psychologically though, even if your life is blessed with very little economic pressure, is your mental health OK? Is the family united? Is your prayer life existing? and is moral compass working? Is your style of keeping in touch laced with talking about people rather than self? How can you keep in touch well when your mind is not settled?

People who have no qualms with daily gisting don’t know how lucky they are. As for you having this problem of keeping in touch, I know you wish you could keep in touch better and develop better friendships and relationships. I really wish your desires come through.

Telling you a list of things to do daily or weekly won’t work because you know what to do to keep in touch better, maybe you need to check your mental state of mind and pin point what exactly is making you not to trust or believe in people long enough as you would have preferred.

Till my next blog post, I wish you a fantastic day

https://decoffeehublounge./2019/03/30/how-can-i-solve-my-keeping-in-touch-problem/
Re: How Can I Solve My ‘keeping In Touch’ Problem? by Lordave: 11:26am On Mar 30, 2019
The ghost stuff perfectly explains me!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Solve My ‘keeping In Touch’ Problem? by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 30, 2019
Lordave:

Lol me too.

I’m even the kind of person that will pay you a visit and won’t say a word all while I’m in your house.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Solve My ‘keeping In Touch’ Problem? by dantewest: 2:14pm On Mar 30, 2019
Lordave:

Social media makes ghosting very easy.

(1) (Reply)

A Note On Realism Redefined Ibekwe Arinze 2019 / Who Is On Twitter Here? I'm A Little Dilemma. / Student Union Reacts To Viral FUTA Assault Video.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.