Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,438 members, 7,853,887 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:24 AM

'Saboteurs’ Did Not Want Us To Meet With Buhari – CAN Leader Respond To Critics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Saboteurs’ Did Not Want Us To Meet With Buhari – CAN Leader Respond To Critics (447 Views)

2023: Elements In The Villa Want Us To Lose The Elections - El-Rufai (Video) / How Buhari Can Prove He’s Not ‘jubril’ From Sudan – CUPP / If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Saboteurs’ Did Not Want Us To Meet With Buhari – CAN Leader Respond To Critics by Bimpeusman: 1:16pm On Mar 30, 2019
The President of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Samson Ayokunle, has described as saboteurs those who attempted to prevent the association from paying congratulatory visit to President Muhammadu Buhari.

Ayokunle spoke to State House correspondents after the leadership of CAN visited President Buhari at the State House, Abuja, yesterday as he dismissed allegations that pressure was mounted on CAN leaders to congratulate the president on his re-election.

“Saboteurs didn’t want us to come here (Aso Rock); we are old enough to know what to do and what not to do. If somebody like me after 60 years of age will be under pressure, then it means that my life will never have meaning again.

But by the grace of God we have a meaningful life, I know what to do. By God’s grace, He has prepared me well for this assignment. So, those detractors and politicians in cassock should go and find better job to do.’’ He said.

Ayokunle said that CAN leadership was in the villa, not only to congratulate the president on his re-election but, to remind him of what Nigerians were yearning for, as they wanted him to perform 100 per cent better than the first term.

He, therefore, advised the president to consider only the best Nigerians while constituting his new cabinet, stressing that he should do more to address socio-economic challenges facing the citizens.

“Now, he has mastered the job; he has mustered enough strength to be able to go full swing into action. We want him to do more on security- kidnappings almost everywhere and the issue of insurgency in the northeast; the insurgents should be silenced once and for all.

“These ethnic militias that have now moved to the northwest which used to be peaceful and they are now causing violence there – before they grow wings, their wings should be clipped completely,’’ he said.

https://all-gists..com/2019/03/Saboteurs-Did-Not-Want-Us-To-Meet-With-Buhari-CAN-Leader-Respond-To-Critics.html?m=1
Re: 'Saboteurs’ Did Not Want Us To Meet With Buhari – CAN Leader Respond To Critics by buhariguy(m): 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2019
i was surprise how vanguard carry the news before the visit, that CAN be pressure to congratulate buhari as in what?
that their congratulation is a special breed of congratulation, more special than US and UN.
nonsense vanguard.
Re: 'Saboteurs’ Did Not Want Us To Meet With Buhari – CAN Leader Respond To Critics by Josegun(m): 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2019
We hear
Re: 'Saboteurs’ Did Not Want Us To Meet With Buhari – CAN Leader Respond To Critics by Bimpeusman: 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2019
Mention their names
Re: 'Saboteurs’ Did Not Want Us To Meet With Buhari – CAN Leader Respond To Critics by muykem: 1:37pm On Mar 30, 2019
FFK is angry that you guys didn't inform him before paying the visit. He said this is a betrayal on your part having agreed to be a branch of PDP.

4 Likes

Re: 'Saboteurs’ Did Not Want Us To Meet With Buhari – CAN Leader Respond To Critics by RoyalUc(m): 1:42pm On Mar 30, 2019
muykem:
FFK is angry that you guys didn't inform him before paying the visit. He said this is a betrayal on your part having agreed to be a branch of PDP.

CAN, a 'branch' of PDP? grin
let me pretend I didn't see that...
Re: 'Saboteurs’ Did Not Want Us To Meet With Buhari – CAN Leader Respond To Critics by RoyalUc(m): 1:51pm On Mar 30, 2019
Truth is that, the Church in Nigeria, on the sentiments of islamization agenda, has put herself in a dicey situation.

Yesterday, Bishop Oyedepo, Pst Paul Enenche, and others were in Akwa Ibom State to celebrate Gov. Udom's victory. I guess that was OK but CAN's visit to President Buhari was wrong!
Re: 'Saboteurs’ Did Not Want Us To Meet With Buhari – CAN Leader Respond To Critics by BlackfireX: 1:52pm On Mar 30, 2019
See what can have reduced itself to...
Re: 'Saboteurs’ Did Not Want Us To Meet With Buhari – CAN Leader Respond To Critics by Bimpeusman: 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2019
Seun
lalasticala
mynd44
Re: 'Saboteurs’ Did Not Want Us To Meet With Buhari – CAN Leader Respond To Critics by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:10pm On Mar 30, 2019
CAN headed by Wasterners can betray ehn
Re: 'Saboteurs’ Did Not Want Us To Meet With Buhari – CAN Leader Respond To Critics by Bimpeusman: 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2019
lalasticala
mynd44
Re: 'Saboteurs’ Did Not Want Us To Meet With Buhari – CAN Leader Respond To Critics by lexyking(m): 3:09pm On Mar 30, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:
CAN headed by Wasterners can betray ehn

I pray that somday you will get sense

(1) (Reply)

Recorded In 2016 But Still Very Valid In 2019 / Corruption Allegation: Why They Are After DCP Rabi / Where Our Vice-president?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.