Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,493 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks (45773 Views)

Adetutu Alabi: "Sex Work Should Be Legal" Tribal Mark Model / Adetutu Alabi Wore A Transparent Dress To Ake Festival (Photos) / Adetutu Alabi Slays In Bikini. Hot Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by EmagNig(m): 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2019
Nigerian model with tribal marks on her face, Adetutu, has taken a swipe at singer Simi for talking about people with tribal marks in her cover of the trending #FvckyouChallange song.

Adetutu, in her reaction mentioned that Simi's choice to use the phrase: "sè mo kòlá ní" which literally can be translated from the Yoruba Language as Do I look stupid?, is quite derogatory.

She wrote:

I have tribal marks and I really do appreciate it now because it's my tribal marks and a lifetime heritage. Listening to @symplysimi #fvckyouchallenge reminds me of what I have been hearing ever since I was wise enough to know when people are passing insults to people with tribal marks. Mostly said by some of my Yoruba people, "sè mo kòlá ní" means do I look like an idiot/stupid?

People with tribal marks are not daft or stupid, I don't care if they have been saying for long but it is not a right thing to say

https://lailasnews.com/fvckyouchallange-model-with-tribal-marks-blasts-simi/

lalasticlala

8 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Nickijoy(f): 4:28pm On Mar 30, 2019
Fine lady... grin

3 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:12pm On Mar 30, 2019
Nickijoy:
Fine lady... grin

Where?! grin

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Thales01: 5:23pm On Mar 30, 2019
I think the lady is just reading meaning into Simi's phrase because she failed to point out where simi outrightly demeaned people with tribal marks.she is just making a fuss about nothing in my opinion.

130 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by IamD18: 5:47pm On Mar 30, 2019
It's in all ramifications, an act of wickedness and lack of common sense for a normal father to permit such fvckery on his child's face.

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Fadomero(m): 5:47pm On Mar 30, 2019
anything just to trend sha

4 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Iyamar(f): 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2019
Hanty tribal mark wetin be ur problem? My Simi didn't mention ur name o....and.... beside she is just singing her #fvckyouchallenge so shut ur mouth and keep believing that God will touch Rihanna heart. May she help ur career world wide

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Iyamar(f): 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2019
Thales01:
I think the lady is just reading meaning into Simi's phrase because she failed to point out where simi outrightly demeaned people with tribal marks.she is just making a fuss about nothing in my opinion.
Don't mind that lady...may Simi no talk wetin de her mind again because of her

5 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Boyooosa(m): 7:28pm On Mar 30, 2019
She don dey get it wrong.
Dem don they use that literally b4 u discover the beauty in your tribal mark and u can't stop it! So move on girl!

1 Like

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Hezzyluv: 7:28pm On Mar 30, 2019
"sè mo kòlá ní" which literally can be translated from the Yoruba Language as Do I look stupid?

Does it mean that any one that has tribal mark is Stupid?

This Simi na waa.... for u

4 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by ednut1(m): 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2019
Na simi create the slang ni. Adetutu abeg calm down

5 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Ishilove: 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2019
She seems to have a complex. Sensitive much

16 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by farem: 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2019
Thales01:

You're saying this because you don't understand the (deep) meaning of Yoruba words.
Lagos Yoruba language is not what we are talking about here. Even English language has connotative and denotative meanings.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by mozona(m): 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2019
she don dey get money, she don get mouth to talk
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Olalekank(m): 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2019
Simi just dey Bleep up lately sha

I once told a guy at petrol station, 'se mo jo eni ti o kola?" (Do I look like someone who has tribal mark) before I realized baba really had ila (tribal marks)

Na so baba wan vex say "kilo se awon ti o kola?" meaning "what's wrong with people who have tribal marks?"

Me wey no wan continue the wahala just wave the ila topic away

13 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by VickyRotex(f): 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2019
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2019
Tiger claw is a type of body mutilation.

3 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Bigseven(m): 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2019
The way this generation hate tribal marks, it will got to a point of extinction. So tey pepu no fit guess where perzon come from. Hia

1 Like

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Femi316: 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2019
EmagNig:
Nigerian model with tribal marks on her face, Adetutu, has taken a swipe at singer Simi for talking about people with tribal marks in her cover of the trending #FvckyouChallange song.

Adetutu, in her reaction mentioned that Simi's choice to use the phrase: "sè mo kòlá ní" which literally can be translated from the Yoruba Language as Do I look stupid?, is quite derogatory.

She wrote:

https://lailasnews.com/fvckyouchallange-model-with-tribal-marks-blasts-simi/

lalasticlala
That thing you call tribes mark na Yoruba tattoo oh

1 Like

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by chiedu7: 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2019
Nigerians will bitch about everything.

3 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Skepticus: 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2019
cool

It doesn't matter if you all don't see it as an insult.

We all know you lick simi's ugly ass because she is a "celebrity" and this lady is not.

In Yoruba, when used, it's intended to mock the person as naive, uncivilized and dumb.

I'm glad she got called out by a lady y'all see as "non-celebrity'

Simi should know better as she parades herself as pro-yoruba in her music and she knows the significance of tribal marks in the Yoruba culture even though, it's not in vogue as the precolonial times.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2019
All I smell is "low self esteem".

2 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Rubbiish(m): 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2019
Iyamar:
Hanty tribal mark wetin be ur problem? My Simi didn't mention ur name o....and.... beside she is just singing her #fvckyouchallenge so shut ur mouth and keep believing that God will touch Rihanna heart. May she help ur career world wide
I hate u!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by LordNapoleon: 7:34pm On Mar 30, 2019
She should channel her anger to the person that mutilated her face. That nonsense is not what someone should be proud of.

14 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by enemyofprogress: 7:34pm On Mar 30, 2019
I ate that simi girl with passion

2 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Timekeeper: 7:35pm On Mar 30, 2019
Yoruba been making us proud

1 Like

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Yuceeluv(f): 7:35pm On Mar 30, 2019
Simi has apologized. U guys shud rest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by masseratti: 7:36pm On Mar 30, 2019
farem:

You're saying this because you don't understand the (deep) meaning of Yoruba words.
Lagos Yoruba language is not what we are talking about here. Even English language has connotative and denotative meanings.
what's the meaning of "lagos Yoruba Language" if you don't understand the true meaning of ṣe mọ Kọ́lá ni... Not all Yorubas in the days of yore had tribal marks, those that were not affected by the intra Ethnic wars in Yoruba land had no tribal marks e.g.Lagosians, I currently can't remember the rest but lagosians normally use the saying ṣe mọ Kolani tó let people from hinterland or villages that they are enlightened and much more exposed, which is natural all over the world, someone in New York is actually much more exposed than someone in Alabama, it might be derogatory but it's still the truth, so to the aunty feeling bad about tribal marks, I don't think she is abusing people with tribal marks, my ex has one one... On her face and she is one of the most beautiful face I have ever seen.... My greatest mistake in life is losing her.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nadia Buari Replies Fan Who Said Jim Iyke Was Possessed For Leaving Her / Donjazzy Jokes With Tiwa Savage Illuminati Rumour And Congratulates Her / Tonto Dikeh: Jim Iyke Craze Pass Me, I Never Wan Die Abeg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.