Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,882 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks (45759 Views)

Adetutu Alabi: "Sex Work Should Be Legal" Tribal Mark Model / Adetutu Alabi Wore A Transparent Dress To Ake Festival (Photos) / Adetutu Alabi Slays In Bikini. Hot Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Osisie(m): 8:27pm On Mar 30, 2019
LordNapoleon:
I want you to know that you have the IQ of a lizard.

And you have the IQ of a dead cow.

2 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by MetaPhysical: 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2019
ElsonMorali:
She's right and Simi should apologize really.

It's total folly to keep using that derogatory line "Se mo ko'la ni?"

This is my first time hearing that phrase and it is cringe worthy. If anyone says that in my presence I'd wash their mouths out with detergent. They can fart bubbles all their lives for all I care. Iranu. I know lots of very intelligent tribal marked peeps.

And yes, the lady is pretty. She doesn't need jerk offs on Nairaland telling her otherwise.

Prof Wande Abimbola
Prof Sophie Oluwole
Alhaji Waziri Ibrahim
Governor Bafarawa
Gov Shekarau

Many people have tribal marks.
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by ElsonMorali: 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Prof Wande Abimbola
Prof Sophie Oluwole
Alhaji Waziri Ibrahim
Governor Bafarawa
Gov Shekarau

Many people have tribal marks.

That's right. I have even young peeps who have tribal marks. Pretty ladies and handsome dudes.

That phrase is really insensitive.

Simi can do better.

3 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Xkalaban(m): 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2019
Olalekank:

You clearly ain't a Nigerian

I clearly drink to that wink

1 Like

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by ElsonMorali: 8:37pm On Mar 30, 2019
Iyamar:
[s]Hanty tribal mark wetin be ur problem? My Simi didn't mention ur name o....and.... beside she is just singing her #fvckyouchallenge so shut ur mouth and keep believing that God will touch Rihanna heart. May she help ur career world wide[/s]

If you don't understand Yoruba you shouldn't display your ignorance here.

The phrase is demeaning to all tribal marked people. That much should be clear from her statement.

3 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2019
Very Ugly creature.

1 Like

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Nellybii: 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2019
Iyamar:
Hanty tribal mark wetin be ur problem? My Simi didn't mention ur name o....and.... beside she is just singing her #fvckyouchallenge so shut ur mouth and keep believing that God will touch Rihanna heart. May she help ur career world wide

You are a nobody.

1 Like

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Rhaspody(m): 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2019
I hate tribal marks.
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Validfacts: 8:52pm On Mar 30, 2019
enemyofprogress:
I ate that simi girl with passion
your moniker have said everything about ur mission in life bro
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by naijaschoolguru(m): 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2019
cocaineaddict:

Idiot do you think everybody in this sight understands your stupid Yoruba. I don’t want to believe you are a f000l.
Be mindful of your utterance, your statement is vague, please check yourself and do the needful. Stereotypes will not kill you.
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by shezy(f): 9:16pm On Mar 30, 2019
enemyofprogress:
ok
Your name actually enemyofprogress.u surely wouldn't like anybody.
When I read it reply,i was like what!and immediately I saw ur name,i started laughing.
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Originalsly: 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2019
dominique:

You're probably not Yoruba so you won't understand. "Do I look like I have tribal marks" is commonly used when implying that you're not stupid, local or old-fashioned. A lot of new generation Yorubas don't have tribal mark, so they won't see anything wrong with the statement. But in all fairness, it's an insult to people with tribal marks.

If we want to..... we can really learn something today from you... and a few others before. Her comment was unrelated to me..... saw no connection... but you guys have shown the deeper meaning of what was said.
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Iyamar(f): 9:37pm On Mar 30, 2019
Rubbiish:

I hate u!
Go to hell
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Rubbiish(m): 9:38pm On Mar 30, 2019
Iyamar:

Go to hell
I will take u along
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by 1Sharon(f): 9:38pm On Mar 30, 2019
Funny enough westerners tend to appreciate tribal marks and think they look cool
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Kaymaxine(m): 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2019
Iyamar:
Hanty tribal mark wetin be ur problem? My Simi didn't mention ur name o....and.... beside she is just singing her #fvckyouchallenge so shut ur mouth and keep believing that God will touch Rihanna heart. May she help ur career world wide
"Your simi"...see your mouth like goat yarnsh!!!

1 Like

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2019
Iyamar:
So you have to snap infront of someone's car and still have the effrontery to upload it to nairaland? Daft bitch! angry
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by temisimo: 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2019
if is she herself stupid if she isn't why so concerned

1 Like

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by MissRaine69(f): 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2019
This is an excellent example of someone trying to cook a meal using a tissue paper fire.

3 Likes

Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by TruthHurts100: 9:53pm On Mar 30, 2019
EmagNig:
Nigerian model with tribal marks on her face, Adetutu, has taken a swipe at singer Simi for talking about people with tribal marks in her cover of the trending #FvckyouChallange song.

Adetutu, in her reaction mentioned that Simi's choice to use the phrase: "sè mo kòlá ní" which literally can be translated from the Yoruba Language as Do I look stupid?, is quite derogatory.

She wrote:

https://lailasnews.com/fvckyouchallange-model-with-tribal-marks-blasts-simi/

lalasticlala

LOL, she wan trend. So Wetin make aboki do? Wetin make Sule do? Chai.... Even without your stupid marks, I'm sure you're still ugly and stupid.... #fvckyouchallenge
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by abiodunfat(f): 9:57pm On Mar 30, 2019
Hmmm.It is well.

enemyofprogress:
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Creativebae(f): 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2019
Well i have tribal marks,i used to feel embarrassed about it but now, i think i like it now, it makes me look different and cute. ..
Don't ever let anything determine who you are.. cool cool
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Ayobami7(m): 10:32pm On Mar 30, 2019
mtcheew
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by klad00(m): 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2019
But she no kola naw cheesy ,Blame your parent young lady
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Iyamar(f): 11:16pm On Mar 30, 2019
Kaymaxine:

"Your simi"...see your mouth like goat yarnsh!!!
Go and die
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Iyamar(f): 11:19pm On Mar 30, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
So you have to snap infront of someone's car and still have the effrontery to upload it to nairaland? Daft bitch! angry
Ogogorofreak....go back to school. U bleeping idiot
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by vioment: 5:49am On Mar 31, 2019
Tribal marks should be a choice like tattoo not a forced thing. #anotherstupidafricanculture
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by Gbagbuo247: 8:39am On Mar 31, 2019
IamD18:
It's in all ramifications, an act of wickedness and lack of common sense for a normal father to permit such fvckery on his child's face.

What of abnormal father ?
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by 9jaRealist: 9:48am On Mar 31, 2019
Skepticus:
cool

It doesn't matter if you all don't see it as an insult.

We all know you lick simi's ugly ass because she is a "celebrity" and this lady is not.

In Yoruba, when used, it's intended to mock the person as naive, uncivilized and dumb.

I'm glad she got called out by a lady y'all see as "non-celebrity'

Simi should know better as she parades herself as pro-yoruba in her music and she knows the significance of tribal marks in the Yoruba culture even though, it's not in vogue as the precolonial times.

Culture EVOLVES...

Soon you will start defending those perpetuating female genital mutilation because it is “culture”. While I personally could not careless about ephemeral vanity issues such as these, my counsel is that anyone comfortable with their tribal scars should wear it proudly and not get their panties in such a twist regardless of what anyone says of them. Frankly, it’s only INSECURE folks who crave the validation of others.
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by tomtos88(m): 11:36am On Mar 31, 2019
masseratti:
what's the meaning of "lagos Yoruba Language" if you don't understand the true meaning of ṣe mọ Kọ́lá ni... Not all Yorubas in the days of yore had tribal marks, those that were not affected by the intra Ethnic wars in Yoruba land had no tribal marks e.g.Lagosians, I currently can't remember the rest but lagosians normally use the saying ṣe mọ Kolani tó let people from hinterland or villages that they are enlightened and much more exposed, which is natural all over the world, someone in New York is actually much more exposed than someone in Alabama, it night be derogatory but it's still the truth, so to the aunty feeling bad about tribal marks, I don't think she is abusing people with tribal marks, my ex has one one... On her face and she is one of the most beautiful face I have ever seen.... My greatest mistake in life is losing her.

Well, meaning changes and in this context wen used, especially in lagos, it means u are referring to the other person as daft, uncivilised (Bush boy or girl), stupid, dumb and not ur mate
Re: Adetutu Alabi Blasts Simi For Degrading People With Tribal Marks by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2019
Iyamar:

Ogogorofreak....go back to school. U bleeping idiot
Back to school to do what? Make money? I have enough already and more money keeps coming in.

So, You went back to school and you still look this cheap and daft like someone that would let me fvck the shiit out of her for a mere ₦20,000?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DJ Cuppy: Even With My Good Looks I Still Have To Wait To Get Responses From Men / Donjazzy Jokes With Tiwa Savage Illuminati Rumour And Congratulates Her / Indecent Dress: Rahama Sadau Apologizes, Deletes Controversial Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.