Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? (4840 Views)

Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? / Why Are Yoruba So Cultured Peaceful Outside But Host Foreign Criminals / Bashir El-Rufai Blasts Igbos On Twitter, Apologises Later (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Westtimeline: 6:59pm On Mar 31, 2019
[s]
nku5:

I am certain you were not born then. You must be a child. Know your history before you begin to run your mouth.

"Some traders were killed outside the market and their bodies dumped in the canal. […] In the night, the OPC went from house to house searching for Igbos. Some were killed while others sustained serious injuries at the hands of the OPC."

https://www.hrw.org/report/2003/02/28/oodua-peoples-congress-opc/fighting-violence-violence
[/s]Mumu, oodua people fighting violence. So how does that translate to looking for igbo. Give video or shut up. No where in there it was written they look for igbo house to house. Who get una time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Westtimeline: 7:10pm On Mar 31, 2019
Ikechu12:

True. It's even funny how they accuse Igbos as being responsible for the dislike, attacks and reported lack of support they get from SS. I'm like when will this nigga take responsibility for their actions. Igbo can't and won't tell nobody to do Jack shit. They act like people in SS are fucking stupid and can't see shit for themselves. Ppl are watching their behaviors. Niggas saw the level of hate they gave GEJ and his family. Niggas saw how they treat/treated Buhari when he did the same shit they attacked Gej for. People are now seeing them for what the Bleep they are.
Worse, the people that was even their allies are also seeing them for what they are. I'll even use Igbo for example. You rarely saw Igbo women insulting anybody... nowadays, the opposite is the case especially to Yorubas. There's this Igbo group I'm a member of on Facebook, I remember a topic this chick started. It pretty much was telling Igbo women to avoid Yoruba men and if they have to date out to date other men but avoid just them. I swear I expected the replies to be less supportive. It took me by surprise the replies she recieved and ironically, most replies were predominately females. Eventually, the thread was deleted. Also, there's this Igbo girl I follow cause she's very controversial. She made some post, I can't remember what it said but I remember it something about Yorubas. One of the Yoruba guy that follows her addressed it, informing her to stop letting politicians create hate and she should stop generalizing... Pretty much the whole bs. Several got on him and started pointing out their experiences with Yoruba. Nigga attacked back talking about an igbo girl refusing his proposal because he is Yoruba. He claimed the chick flat out told him to his face that she would never marry him because of his tribal affiliation. He used it as example of how he's experienced tribalism but don't judge Igbo because of what that ex girlfriend of his said. What I saw next I didn't expect. Some Igbo girl replied back telling him that's not tribalism, that the girl was protecting herself and her tribe considering the level of hate Yoruba have directed towards Igbo men and igbo people. Honestly, one thing a person can say is allies they had in Igbo was our women and that shit is changing everyday. Bet they'll start accusing Igbo men of "teaching Igbo women hate", the same way they accuse Igbo men of teaching "SS hate." Rather than accepting their actions is starting to create a reactions.
Who cares what your women thinks. Yoruba demons should continue their ways. I love it. If they like, they can all perish in lagoon.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by goodnessme1(f): 8:08pm On Mar 31, 2019
Ritchiee:
Igbos are fake people full of hatred for themselves and others.
Remember when Abia sacked non indigene Igbos.
Enugu had done likewise even Imo state that I always think are a little liberal like the Yorubas,have done the same.Hate is natural to them.
Read the history of the Igbos and you won't be surprised that they hate so much.

They are the ones who had severally called Yorubas cowards,slaves,dirty etc so that these bad adjectives will stick to the Great Yoruba People but when you know who the Igbos are,you will come to know that they are the cowards as exemplified by Ojuku,Kanu etc and the fact that they were slaves to the minority Ijaw people in the olden days till today.
The only place and people who are obviously dirty remain Igboland with Abia people coming first.It is a known fact that most Igbos carry a kind of dirty pungent smell because of their dirty habits which include eating of rotten human flesh and not having their baths for seven days...which is their culture.
We have a large population of Yorubas in the UK but none has been accused of being dirty like the Igbo people that were chased out of a plane because of their dirtiness and pungent smell.

Yorubas are empire builders and educated,development oriented people who pioneered development,education and numerous positivities in Nigeria and still do.Ask the Igbos why Yorubas will hate them.

Yoruba man,Wole Soyinka risked his neck for them during the civil war.
Yoruba man,Banjocled Biafran army until Ojuku killed him.
Yoruba political leaders including all political leaders of other people were killed during the 'Igbo' coup and no Igbo leader was touched...sordid
Yorubas kept them away from Hausas who wanted to kill them pre civil war.
Yoruba gave them their properties and rents after the civil war.
Yorubas,even more educated than them,did not kill them when ZIK used NCNC which was formed in 1942 influence Igbomen to become the first VC of UI,first VC of UNILAG,first Rector of YABATECH.

I can go on and on.Igbos should stop being hateful and sentimental.
you forget to add how yorubas hero showed love to them by starving over 3.2 million of Igbo kids.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Ritchiee: 8:52pm On Mar 31, 2019
goodnessme1:
you forget to add how yorubas hero showed love to them by starving over 3.2 million of Igbo kids.
Yorubas told Igbos not to go for war.
War is hatred,hatred is war.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Amatarasha(f): 9:46pm On Mar 31, 2019
Guestlander:

There are several posts he made in which he made derogatory remarks about igbo. Dude is a serpent with a forked tongue.
excarperx so wat did u av 2 say about this wicked photo about u?
Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Amatarasha(f): 10:01pm On Mar 31, 2019
Herdsmen:

A lecture in oau once ask me..what are my doing in oau..why don't I go to university of nsukka..
Western lectures hardly call it university of Nigeria..
Why?
I had so many ugly tribal experience back in uni Ife..now oau.

Bro una hatred for igbos is so loud that any igboman or southerners can hear it right from showboy..ore.

That's Yoruba gate way..

Funny enough igbos don't care.. spend 15years in west..never speak Yoruba for any reason..but I understand even ijebus..but to speak..rather be a dummy.

u ar lyk my brother who refuse to learn nor speak yoruba,
Reason he wl start behaving like them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Amatarasha(f): 10:37pm On Mar 31, 2019
Hia
Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by kayfra: 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2019
AyosMan:
Am an Urhobos man! We d South-South (Niger Delta) are more close to our Ibo brothers and sisters than d Yoruba's....right from my child old I have made to understand that d Yoruba's are betrayals & very dirty group of people..... Over d years they have not even prove it wrong.....what I hate most is d way and manner they carry buhari matter on their head even more than d Fulani man on d street.....though I have some Christians among them as friends yet I find it difficult to still trust dem......d south south is even more developed than d so called south west.....every Yoruba man and woman wants to lay claim to Lagos as if Lagos is London!!.... Forgetting that Lagos was built with our oil money way Back wen she enjoys d status of a federal capital town....which large percent of her development is not even own by Yoruba's.......we will deal with you at d right time for voting against Jonathan....

Is that why you have thousands of Urhobo settlers allover Ondo State?

Lmao grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Westtimeline: 11:38pm On Mar 31, 2019
goodnessme1:
So it is now 3.2 grin, next thread, you will call it 3.7

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Westtimeline: 11:40pm On Mar 31, 2019
kayfra:

Is that why you have thousands of Urhobo settlers allover Ondo State?

Lmao grin
You get time for that osu. He is urhobo indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Herdsmen: 12:30am On Apr 01, 2019
Amatarasha:
u ar lyk my brother who refuse to learn nor speak yoruba,
Reason he wl start behaving like them

Your brother is so right...

Reason I don't speak is because ...the hate the igbo language more than the tribe..

Picture that..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Nobody: 2:40am On Apr 01, 2019
Herdsmen:

Reason I don't speak is because ...the hate the igbo language more than the tribe..

Picture that..

It beats me how igbos will accuse anyone of hate. Igbo is synonymous to hate. How can people who worship nnamdi kanu because he speaks hatred accuse others of hate? No day passes on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram without seeing igbos wasteful generation of youths spewing hatred for other tribes. Keep fooling yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by GrossPrice: 3:43am On Apr 01, 2019
[Comment Withdrawn]
Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Nobody: 4:46am On Apr 01, 2019
All of you should go and get a job. Funny set of people. Young men and women in other climes are thinking and planning of how their county will develop, cutting-edge technological development and developing solutions for problems facing humanity, ya'll here are busy saying shit about Igbo VS yoruba. Who cares if Igbo girls no marry Yoruba guys.

You guys should try use your education to advance yourself and not wasting on social media talking shit. Pissed on the thread and walks away.
Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Amatarasha(f): 6:15am On Apr 01, 2019
Herdsmen:

Picture that..
omg
Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Amatarasha(f): 6:21am On Apr 01, 2019
CrtlAltDel:
This thread has shown how gullible and easy it is to manipulate the Igbos. The op who insulted the Igbo and also claimed to be a Yoruba is now using hitting their head on the wall just for likes.

Now I see how Nnamidiot Cownu gets away his scam

he is saying d truth ,yorubas karma is coming 4 u
Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by dokyOloye: 7:44am On Apr 01, 2019
Herdsmen:

Dem plenty for east..

Transporters..tailors..agbo seller's..native root..etc

Cut and join electricians grin grin
Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Westtimeline: 8:16am On Apr 01, 2019
Amatarasha:
Says by ugly buffon.
Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by CrtlAltDel: 2:44pm On Apr 01, 2019
[s]
Amatarasha:
[/s]

Another gullible one...Next!!!
Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by nku5: 4:00pm On Apr 01, 2019
Westtimeline:
[s][/s]Mumu, oodua people fighting violence. So how does that translate to looking for igbo. Give video or shut up. No where in there it was written they look for igbo house to house. Who get una time.

You must be an illiterate to still be asking for video even after Human Rights Watch has your bloody history documented for future generations. Maybe it's Japanese people that were looking for Igbos from house. If you cant read ask somebody to interprete for you grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Westtimeline: 4:32pm On Apr 01, 2019
[s]
nku5:

You must be an illiterate to still be asking for video even after Human Rights Watch has your bloody history documented for future generations. Maybe it's Japanese people that were looking for Igbos from house. If you cant read ask somebody to interprete for you grin
[/s]Mr nku or kudu. Bring out video or shut your akpu mouth. No one has time for your epistle.
Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by nku5: 7:28am On Apr 02, 2019
Westtimeline:
[s][/s]Mr nku or kudu. Bring out video or shut your akpu mouth. No one has time for your epistle.

Wicked people. We never retaliate against your people in the east because we are children of God

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by nku5: 8:05am On Apr 02, 2019
Always envious, jealous and wicked. Yorubas dominate the oil sector in the east but nobody attacks them. They go about freely and enjoy themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? by Mariory(m): 8:26am On Apr 02, 2019
So even though people posted evidence that the OP is a ba*tard looking to sow ethnic hatred, some you still went ahead to display crass stupidity.

Igbo this, Yoruba that, Igbo that, Yoruba this.

Is it any wonder, that it's so easy for politicians to use you and then throw you away.

Pathetic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNGA: President Buhari Leaves New York / For Those Saying Photoshop Nnamdi Kanu Show Video Of Biafran Scorpions / GUPM To Ugwuanyi: We Are Solidly Behind You, PDP; Highlight Of Projects (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.