Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? (750 Views)

Why Are Yoruba So Cultured Peaceful Outside But Host Foreign Criminals / Why Are The Yoruba So Obsessed With Igbos On Twitter? / If You Are Yoruba Please See This Before Rejoicing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by Coldkev17: 7:37pm On Mar 25
You can never see a yoruba who discriminate amongst each other on ethnicity and religious matter, they romance peacefully regardless of their religion.
They openly/carefully accept every tribe in marriage.

I currently have a Igbo girl friend, 20, who her parents always tell her it's a NO-NO answer if they bring a Yoruba man in the future. She's born and raised in SW

She's so baffle with this discrimination from her biased parent

Talk about yours?
Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by LifeofDream: 7:41pm On Mar 25
It's only on nairaland I hear Yoruba Christian and Yoruba Muslim.. I count people like that as jokers, they simply don't know the Yoruba people.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by chiagozien(m): 8:10pm On Mar 25
Hahaha

Today is my birthday make I no talk.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by rinzaugustine: 8:19pm On Mar 25
Assumptions not backed by any statistics. Go and tell that to Aketi wife and Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour father

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by SoNature(m): 8:23pm On Mar 25
Just like other tribes, Igbos love marrying themselves, irrespective of where they may be, to maintain the tribe's bloodline and unique identity.

This is a strong connection with what Abraham and Isaac did in the Bible (in Genesis) when Abraham insisted that his son must marry from his tribe and Isaac insisted that Jacob must marry from his tribe. That's why our people say we share some cultural similarities with Israel.

No be hate...na choice. Just respect that...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by Coldkev17: 8:34pm On Mar 25
SoNature:
Just like other tribes, Igbos love marrying themselves, irrespective of where they may be, to maintain the tribe's bloodline and unique identity.

This is a strong connection with with what Abraham and Isaac did in the Bible (in Genesis) when Abraham insisted that his son must marry from his tribe and Isaac insisted that Jacob must marry from his tribe. That's why our people say we share some cultural similarities with Israel.

No be hate...na choice. Just respect that...
But what if the so-called child partners tribe differ from her parents choice?

Remember we're talking about marriage in here
Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by chopnaira: 8:36pm On Mar 25
LifeofDream:
It's only on nairaland I hear Yoruba Christian and Yoruba Muslim.. I count people like that as jokers, they simply don't know the Yoruba people.
It was a covet operation run by labour party people to show disunity but it failed. Same shit Peter Obi used in Anambra Anglican vs Catholic, Igbos vs Yoruba, Igbos vs other Igbos e.t.c.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by Foreverly02: 8:39pm On Mar 25
LifeofDream:
Exactly
Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by adikings22: 9:11pm On Mar 25
rinzaugustine:
Assumptions not backed by any statistics. Go and tell that to Aketi wife and Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour father

Yorubas co exist peacefully. I'm from a Muslim background but myself and one of my sisters are now Christians without issues. Same occurs in the extended family and throughout Yoruba land. Moreso, what statistics do you actually need when Tinubu is a Muslim and his wife a Christian?

You also forgot that in Yoruba land, there is no system that discriminates like the OSU system and the hatred towards Ebonyin Igbos by other Igbos.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by Tochi3(m): 9:14pm On Mar 25
chiagozien:
Hahaha

grin grin

HBD joor

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by DonXavi(m): 9:16pm On Mar 25
Coldkev17:
You can never see a yoruba who discriminate amongst each other on ethnicity and religious matter, they romance peacefully regardless of their religion.

I currently have a Igbo girl friend, 20, who her parents always tell her it's a NO-NO answer if they bring a Yoruba man in the future. She's born and raised in SW

Talk about yours?
https://www.nairaland.com/6853849/lagos-landlords-reject-igbos-tenants
Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by adikings22: 9:23pm On Mar 25
DonXavi:
https://www.nairaland.com/6853849/lagos-landlords-reject-igbos-tenants

Did you go through the thread? A lawyer even said 80% of tenant/landlord cases in court involves tennants of eastern origin.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by naija4life247: 9:30pm On Mar 25
chiagozien:
Hahaha

You just quoted a well known psychiatric patient
Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by naija4life247: 9:32pm On Mar 25
rinzaugustine:

Aketi's wife is a flat headed Olosho. Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour is a Brazilian Slave whose grandfather was dumped in Lagos years back.

None of the two idiots above is Yoruba, or are you saying that Rhodes-Vivour is the same at Adewale Osuntokun Orishagbemi?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by rinzaugustine: 10:10pm On Mar 25
adikings22:

Yorubas co exist peacefully. I'm from a Muslim background but myself and one of my sisters are now Christians without issues. Same occurs in the extended family and throughout Yoruba land. Moreso, what statistics do you actually need when Tinubu is a Muslim and his wife a Christian?

You also forgot that in Yoruba land, there is no system that discriminates like the OSU system and the hatred towards Ebonyin Igbos by other Igbos.
Muslim and Christian co existing together is not a sign of togetherness but more of a cultural thing. Most Yorubas believe more in traditional religion of ifa, Ogun , egungun etc than foreign religions of Islam and Christianity. There are many cases here on Nairaland of babalawos that transitioned to become pastors in church and pastors that moved back to become babalawos and Obas seamlessly. If there is Yoruba togetherness as you mentioned why do some Yorubas call original indigenes of Lagos slaves as seen in screenshot below , some other Yorubas hate ijebus, despise them as ritualists and can disown their child for marrying an ijebu , some Yorubas distrust and hate Ibadan people totally because they say they are criminally minded and can never do clean business, some Yorubas despise people from ilaje area of Ondo state because according to them they are not real Yorubas. Is this what you call togetherness?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by onumadu: 10:16pm On Mar 25
Coldkev17:

Talk about yours?

But why can't you Yoruba find a 20 year old Yoruba girl to date and marry?
Why are y'all so bent on marrying Igbo women when you hate Igbo men to the core?
The girl's parents are wise and sane for saying NO NO to it.
They know better.
That girl will wake up later if she disobeys her parents and marrying you to find out that all her children are "Omo ales".

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by ablejesus26(m): 11:31pm On Mar 25
Coldkev17:

Talk about yours?

You are a shameless tribalistic hatefilled fellow.

I have a Yoruba neighbor in Mile 12 market who says she will rather die than have her child marry a Bini man,she was born and raised in Uromi,oya talk another one.

Shameless tribalist,you must admit there are shameless tribalistic hatefilled fellows like you in all Tribes if at all you are sane.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by SeeWahala: 11:38pm On Mar 25
My people, if you see how moshud beat femi during this last election ehn . . . And only because femi had 'fair skin' and looked 'fresh' cry

Imagine . . . His own yoruba brother beat hell out of him at polling boot undecided
Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by chiagozien(m): 7:52am On Mar 26
Tochi3:
grin grin

HBD joor

grin grin
Thanks dear grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by Thormentor: 9:30am On Mar 26
which Unity?

let me say it Yorubas generally are great people but just like every other ethnicity they have mischief makers especially those agbado people that ran out of Thier States

Yoruba Muslims in kwara banned others from doing Thier isese

back in Lagos Yoruba Muslims are complete second class look at all the appointments in Lagos State

is either they're calling each other Omo ale or they're flogging eachother for looking like Omo obi during election

or they're calling MC macaroni and falz Omo ale for supporting a particular candidate

they see nothing wrong about seyi dragging ọbá of Lagos bear bear grin

but they insult Thier grandpa pa OBJ that he's Ibo

Again Yorubas are good people in general just like every other ethnicity but you see hateful hungry agbado people they're dragging Yorubas down

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by Kaiser20: 10:03am On Mar 26
Coldkev17:

Talk about yours?
There are Yoruba Christians and Yoruba Muslims.
You are the only one ignorant of the facts.
The difference are very clear, from attitude, and behavior.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by Gustavowhite(m): 10:31am On Mar 26
There are many cases of instances where Yoruba Muslim parents don’t allow their kids marry from Christians,this one is not them say,it happened before my own eyes
There are instances where some Yoruba people will never marry from Ibadan
I had a neighbor an ijebu neigbour that Hate his Fellow Ogun man from Abeokuta for reasons best known to him

You don’t come online to form saints,that these things are not online don’t mean it dosent happen

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by Coldkev17: 3:44pm On Mar 26
ablejesus26:

You are a shameless tribalistic hatefilled fellow.

I have a Yoruba neighbor in Mile 12 market who says she will rather die than have her child marry a Bini man,she was born and raised in Uromi,oya talk another one.

Shameless tribalist,you must admit there are shameless tribalistic hatefilled fellows like you in all Tribes if at all you are sane.
Attack the post not the poster. Why are you so pain?
Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by Coldkev17: 3:49pm On Mar 26
That girl will wake up later if she disobeys her parents and marrying you to find out that all her children are "Omo ales". [/quote]It seem you're making no sense. What's your point?
Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by AmuDimpka: 5:31pm On Mar 26
Coldkev17:

Talk about yours?
I have seen many Yoruba that don't allow their kids to marry Ijebu ...some see Egba as backward while soke see Ondo as river folks

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba's So Unified? by flokii: 8:03pm On Mar 26
@OP It's the Yoruba language and culture that bonds us together.. we are Yorubas first before any religion and that has made our region very peaceful till date.. notice our muslim folks in Yorubaland don't behave like the wereys up North that destroy beer bottles and kill people for no just reason. It's because of civilization in the West.

There are bad sides too.. in terms of saboteurs. There are more saboteurs among Yorubas than any other ethnic group in Nigeria, it's God's grace that is making them fail. Those with non-Yoruba mothers too are doing theirs to destroy the Yoruba bond but they won't succeed.

(1) (Reply)

Reps Panel Vs Oputa Panel / Crocodile Crossing For Sa Pupils / Can Anyone Update Me Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.