Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

A Thorn In The Flesh - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Thorn In The Flesh (87047 Views)

A Thorn in the Flesh 2 / POUND OF FLESH (episode 1) Written By Tolulope Olulola / A Pound Of Flesh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by bossy512(f): 9:02am On Aug 31, 2019
Wow, thank God
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Kaycee9242(m): 11:40am On Aug 31, 2019
oh i love this, d senator really have sense
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by izaray(f): 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2019
God bless you senator
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 5:15am On Sep 01, 2019
Senator, thank you oooo
Well done OP
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by xaviercasmir(m): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2019
Ann2012:
Senator, thank you oooo Well done OP
Sis you are everywhere

1 Like

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 4:01pm On Sep 01, 2019
xaviercasmir:

Sis you are everywhere

Yes oooo cheesy
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by apiski(m): 10:34pm On Sep 01, 2019
OP I will send N100 recharge card to you so that you can send the rest of the story to my E mail.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by apiski(m): 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2019
@Ann where your yahoo sweetheart dey na? I dey enjoy una story too. Pls I need update on that too ooo
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by FantasticJ: 11:04am On Sep 02, 2019
Ann2012:

Yes oooo cheesy

Ann baby, how have you been?
Thank you for not checking on me.

Happy new month to you.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by tonysunkan: 11:06am On Sep 02, 2019
apiski:
OP I will send N100 recharge card to you so that you can send the rest of the story to my E mail.

Thanks. Send to tonysunkan@gmail.com.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Hada2020: 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2019
Hi, please do you have a contact one can just make recharge card transfer to instead of your mail
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2019
FantasticJ:

Ann baby, how have you been?
Thank you for not checking on me.

Happy new month to you.

I checked on u na sad
Happy new month
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by FantasticJ: 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ann2012:

I checked on u na sad
Happy new month

kiss

1 Like

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by FantasticJ: 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2019
apiski:
@Ann where your yahoo sweetheart dey na? I dey enjoy una story too. Pls I need update on that too ooo

Which sweetheart is that
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2019
apiski:

My yahoo sweetheart na one and only FantasticJ
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Emex100(m): 1:30pm On Sep 03, 2019
Ann2012:

My yahoo sweetheart na one and only FantasticJ
babe just start to write on the topic asap 'my yahoo sweetheart'
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2019
Emex100:

babe just start to write on the topic asap 'my yahoo sweetheart'

Na true oooo

Make I think am well smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by FantasticJ: 6:25pm On Sep 03, 2019
Ann2012:

Na true oooo

Make I think am well smiley

Babe, we will publish it on Kekebooks cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 9:45pm On Sep 03, 2019
FantasticJ:

Babe, we will publish it on Kekebooks cheesy cheesy

OK na
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Emex100(m): 10:19am On Sep 04, 2019
see this two yahoo lovers. nah bicyclebook una for publish am
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Golden75(m): 2:30am On Sep 05, 2019
woow,finally am here,I must commend u bro,iz one thing to have talent,and iz something knowing how to judiciously direct that talents, I check ur name and saw Fantastic J,but I conclude in my mind dat dis guy iz indeed fantastically talented and intelligent. u re gud bro,more ink to ur pen,Cheers
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Jonwesley(m): 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2019
tonysunkan:

Thanks. Send to tonysunkan@gmail.com.

It appears you don't check your email. I sent you same glo recharge card of #100 since yesterday for the book and I have not received the PDF up till now. Kindly check quickly
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by tonysunkan: 10:40pm On Sep 06, 2019
Jonwesley:

It appears you don't check your email. I sent you same glo recharge card of #100 since yesterday for the book and I have not received the PDF up till now. Kindly check quickly

Thanks for your interest. Check your email.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by tonysunkan: 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2019
I rose up from my seat to prostrate for him. ‘Thank you very much, sir.’

He nodded. ‘I know your real reason of resignation is because of what had happened. Now, let me assure you that henceforth, we’ll be relating cordially as we used to before. On that note, there’s no need you resign again.’

I stood from my seat to prostrate for him again. ‘Thank you, sir. Thank you very much sir.’

‘You’re like my son. The issue of marrying my daughter must not cause a schism between you and me or between me and your dad. If Yetunde changes her mind, fine.

If she doesn’t, as far as I’m concerned, you’re free to marry whoever you want to marry.’

I thanked him profusely. For the first time in many days, I felt quite relieved from guilt and shame.

I called my mum to let her know what Senator Osho had said.

‘It’s good he has said that,’ she said. ‘He is giving you another chance. Henry, you must be careful. Don’t allow lust to cause you trouble again. There still good ladies around. Stop messing with ladies of easy virtues. Pray and pick one that will be a good wife to you. That is what you should do, now.’

‘Thanks, mum. I will do just that.’

That was how I continued to work for the senator, and continued shuffling between Lagos and Abuja.

A month after the issue, I was still very cautious about how I related with ladies. The incident had made me to realize that I could stay off women and off sex for weeks. I never thought that could happen.

In the spirit of forgiveness as demonstrated by the senator, when Bisola called me again, I picked up her call.

‘Thank God,’ she said. ‘Thank God you finally picked my call. I just want to let you know I’m very sorry.’

‘It’s okay,’ I replied.

‘Have you forgiven me?’

I chuckled. ‘Yes, but go and sin no more.’

‘Okay o. Thanks for forgiving.’

‘It’s alright.’

‘If there’s a vacuum in your heart that you want to fill, I’m still available.’

I shook my head. ‘I think the best thing at this junction is for us to go our separate ways.’

She was silent for a while.

‘Thanks for calling,’ I quickly said. ‘Good bye.’

‘Bye,’ she managed to say.

I cut the communication. There was no way I would still go for Bisola, after all that had happened, forgiveness or no forgiveness.

I actually hoped Yetunde would have a change of mind. This time, I was prepared to show her that I was completely changed person. I was ready to show love and commitment to her.

Three months after the incident, it was a conviction that Yetunde had kissed me good bye. The fact that she still refused to pick my call showed that she had foreclosed opening the door of her heart to me.

I decided that I had to move on. I remembered Kike’s ‘prophecy’. It seemed those words were coming to pass. Believe me, I wanted to dismiss her statement and forget about her, but I could not. In my sleep, I would dream about her. It was not really something intimate, but I always dreamt about having chats with her. After weeks of denial, I finally decided to call her.

‘Hello, Kike. Quite some time.’

‘Hello, Uncle Henry. How’s everything?’

‘We thank God. Things are not too bad.’

‘That means they’re quite bad.’

‘Yes, you can say that again.’

I allowed a short pause. ‘When will you be having holiday and when will you come to Lagos?’

‘We’ll be starting the semester exams next week. By upper week, the semester will end and I’ll be around.’

‘Good. I’m dying to meet you. Do you know my residence?’

‘No, I don’t.’

‘Okay, I’ll text it to you. I’m always around on weekends.’

‘Okay. What about the lady you want to marry? I hope she won’t be angry to see me there.’

It was obvious Kike was not updated about the events that had been happening.

‘You don’t worry about that aspect. When you come, we’ll talk.’

‘Okay.’

I was excited about the fact that Kike would soon be paying me a visit. I was having the kind of feeling I was having for he just before she started the university. Gosh, was this love or what?

She came on Saturday morning.

‘Hello, Kike.’

‘Good morning, uncle.’

She was in a simple blouse and skirt, but she still looked pretty in her simplicity.

I had prepared well for her coming. Earlier, I had bought a pack of fried rice and chicken from the best eatery around me. There was micro wave oven with which the food could be warmed. I had also bought some fruit juice and malt drinks.

Whatever Kike had said apart, I could see that she was a good wife material. Kike was decent, cool, pretty and God-fearing. If, indeed I had deviated from my previous lustful ways, then this lady was the best for me.

You can get the full download: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/a_thorn_in_the_flesh_/26753

2 Likes

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by aprilwise(m): 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2019
I'm searching for a girl like kike . Thanks for the update.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by FairCritic(m): 9:13am On Sep 08, 2019
Nice update.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 9:30am On Sep 08, 2019
Oya na, wife material
Thanks for the update
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by FantasticJ: 10:59am On Sep 08, 2019
Ann2012:
Oya na, wife material
Thanks for the update

My wife material, Happy Sunday.

How's service today?
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 11:06am On Sep 08, 2019
FantasticJ:

My wife material, Happy Sunday.

How's service today?

Husband material 100%, I'm fine Jare, service was cool.
Hope you're good?
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by apiski(m): 11:38pm On Sep 08, 2019
Ann2012:

Husband material 100%, I'm fine Jare, service was cool. Hope you're good?
Finally there's love in the air. Carry go. Na so e supoz be.

1 Like

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by FantasticJ: 8:53am On Sep 09, 2019
Ann2012:

Husband material 100%, I'm fine Jare, service was cool.
Hope you're good?

My darling, I am good.
But, it could be better. Happy new week dear.

1 Like

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by izaray(f): 11:54am On Sep 09, 2019
Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Chronicles Of Temy (my Life On Campus) / My Crony / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.