Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? (1201 Views)

Singaporean Death Row Inmate Nagaenthran's Final Meal Before Execution / I Usually Pretend As Patient To Steal In Hospitals – Suspect / Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? by Dboy55(m): 6:57pm On Mar 30, 2019
Good evening my fellow nairalanders,I was reading something's online about criminals eating their last meal before he was executed ...so that got me thinking why are heinous criminals usually given last meal when they don't usually extends the same courtesy to their victims ...

Cc:lalasticala
Re: Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? by chyckxx(m): 6:59pm On Mar 30, 2019
the last supper. cheesy
Re: Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? by Bizmagnet: 7:01pm On Mar 30, 2019
Because they're going on a long journey and they need strength to cover the distance. Lolz.

Need a website/blog/software? Get the best for your business and ideas today. Contact through my signature.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? by dangotesmummy: 7:02pm On Mar 30, 2019
Because Yoruba's say eyan tabafepa,ama nboyo ni

For example look at the chickens in the cage.They are always well fed so that when they are killed,they will die easily
Re: Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? by Dami12345: 7:11pm On Mar 30, 2019
Dboy55:
Good evening my fellow nairalanders,I was reading something's online about criminals eating their last meal before he was executed ...so that got me thinking why are heinous criminals usually given last meal when they don't usually extends the same courtesy to their victims ...

Cc:lalasticala

Really. Are you so inhuman to deny a dying man his last request?.
The reason is simple, its so that the dying man may not have so much bad emotion against his killers that way they dont have karma visit them.

Also so that he will go gently into the night and not fight all the way.
Re: Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? by Dboy55(m): 7:38pm On Mar 30, 2019
Dami12345:

Really. Are you so inhuman to deny a dying man his last request?.
The reason is simple, its so that the dying man may not have so much bad emotion against his killers that way they dont have karma visit them.

Also so that he will go gently into the night and not fight all the way.
You do know most of those dying men,are killers right ..
You do know d inhuman treatment they give to their victims before they finally finish dem up ...
So why should they be extended such courtesy ...
Re: Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? by internationalman(m): 7:40pm On Mar 30, 2019
The person giving them the food is just as wicked as the criminals themselves..

We eat food to stay alive, why give someone food when u know they are not going to stay alive in the next hour..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? by LordIsaac(m): 7:41pm On Mar 30, 2019
A lot of penology talk... Matter for another day.
Re: Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? by Vince77(m): 7:42pm On Mar 30, 2019
The journey to hell is far na.

You want hunger to kill them before they get there?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? by Dami12345: 8:28pm On Mar 30, 2019
Dboy55:

You do know most of those dying men,are killers right ..
You do know d inhuman treatment they give to their victims before they finally finish dem up ...
So why should they be extended such courtesy ...

We dont have to decend to their level.
Re: Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? by BABSSSOO(m): 8:55pm On Mar 30, 2019
no man should die with an empty stomach.... it is just not fair

1 Like

Re: Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? by mcafeez: 9:52pm On Mar 30, 2019
Walahi u will have to ask the silly person that will comment below.....

Ajeh I nor know... grin
Re: Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? by ultimatekint(m): 7:36am On Mar 31, 2019
Once sentenced,dont give them food again,they are wicked set of people���
Re: Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? by rex444(m): 9:02am On Mar 31, 2019
Too many spirits roaming we don't know why...some fit be hunger sef so to curb that
Re: Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? by ifyalways(f): 9:26am On Mar 31, 2019
Prisoners/the condemned are executed, not murdered hence all the humane treatments accorded them ie last meal, last word, priest for prayer/confession etc

I wonder if Nigerian prisons have the resources and time for such sereren ni. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Outrage As Black Kid Gets Killed After He Mistakenly Knocked On A Wrong Door / 3 Cult Members Of No Salary Boys Apprehended And Given Brutal Beating / Man Beats A 65-years Old Woman To Death After She Kills His Pregnant Goat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.