Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output (31475 Views)

Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) / Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition / Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by CodeTemplar: 6:36am On Apr 01, 2019
9jaRealist:

Notre Dame is a private Catholic university, so your driveling is ill-informed...

Again, many Nigerians keep chasing shadows in derogation of substance. Even the founder of your religion was reportedly keeping the company of a well-known prostitute, perhaps because he was not mistaking the trees for the forest. Funny how so many ignorant Nigerians turn their noses up at the West and their supposed “uselessness” - but will then go to prayer meetings and fasting to get a Western visa. SMH
You problem is low level of wisdom combined with knowledge of too many irrelevant facts. Jesus was sent to those people you call prostitutes but Covenant Uni as a school wasn't commissioned for the sake of handling such characters ( prostitutes ).
The fact that Jesus was with a prostitute is no excuse to open the doors of a school with a different vision to such characters.

So becos people fast and pray for visa to those countries we can no import all the shitty values the have into our system? You are plain dull.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by 9jaRealist: 7:12am On Apr 01, 2019
CodeTemplar:
You problem is low level of wisdom combined with knowledge of too many irrelevant facts. Jesus was sent to those people you call prostitutes but Covenant Uni as a school wasn't commissioned for the sake of handling such characters ( prostitutes ).
The fact that Jesus was with a prostitute is no excuse to open the doors of a school with a different vision to such characters.

So becos people fast and pray for visa to those countries we can no import all the shitty values the have into our system? You are plain dull.

This dude cannot even grasp a basic analogy... undecided

And yes, if you find people’s values to be “shitty” why are you struggling and risking life and limb to be surrounded by such values?

Nigerians love to make “show” of their supposed piety, but meanwhile their loudest pastors are keeping and impregnating mistresses and concubines. SMH
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by CodeTemplar: 7:48am On Apr 01, 2019
9jaRealist:

This dude cannot even grasp a basic analogy... undecided

And yes, if you find people’s values to be “shitty” why are you struggling and risking life and limb to be surrounded by such values?

Nigerians love to make “show” of their supposed piety, but meanwhile their loudest pastors are keeping and impregnating mistresses and concubines. SMH
Dull again. Do people go to advance nations for their societal values or for economic reasons?
The answer to the above holds key to your ignorance.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by Chukwuka16: 7:52am On Apr 01, 2019
CodeTemplar:

UI has been there for decades and it is only natural that they accumulate more good works. CU becomes strong when you look at their growth rate or work rate as a whole school for the past few years.

You are deliberately skewing the arguments from quality of research to age of institution.

In academics, age is irrelevant. Mind you UI or CU can't even compete with many post 1992 universities on the UK. What about NTU or KAUST who though young are boasting impressive publications?

Don't just spew stuff. Not all readers on nairaland are gullible.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by CodeTemplar: 7:57am On Apr 01, 2019
Chukwuka16:

You are deliberately skewing the arguments from quality of research to age of institution.

In academics, age is irrelevant. Mind you UI or CU can't even compete with many post 1992 universities on the UK. What about NTU or KAUST who though young are boasting impressive publications?

Oga, age is very relevant in research as you cannot argue away the effects of papers accumulated by older schools over the years. They have that age advantage as long as they have produced papers over the years and those papers are included as part of their RG profile or impacts it.
The bold applies to you.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by 9jaRealist: 7:58am On Apr 01, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Dull again. Do people go to advance nations for their societal values or for economic reasons?

Only an ignorant person does not realize that societal values are intertwined with and inextricably-linked to economic health... SMH
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by 9jaRealist: 7:59am On Apr 01, 2019
Chukwuka16:

I’m afraid the dude can’t help himself... grin
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by CodeTemplar: 8:03am On Apr 01, 2019
9jaRealist:

Only an ignorant person does not realize that societal values are intertwined with and inextricably-linked to economic health... SMH
Hmmm... now you are digressing in every new post you make. I take that to mean you are subtly running away.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by CodeTemplar: 8:12am On Apr 01, 2019
Chukwuka16:

In academics, age is irrelevant. ∆Mind you UI or CU can't even compete with many post 1992 universities on the UK. What about NTU or KAUST who though young are boasting impressive publications?
Please if you want to compare schools be fair in your comparison. What are the funding level of these post 1992 schools? CU was established in 2002 so factor that into your skewed comparison.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by 9jaRealist: 8:25am On Apr 01, 2019
CodeTemplar:

CodeTemplar:
Hmmm... now you are digressing in every new post you make. I take that to mean you are subtly running away.

Do you actually understand the import of what you write? Or (as the other dude duly noted) do you “just spew stuff”? undecided
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by 9jaRealist: 8:34am On Apr 01, 2019
CodeTemplar:

Let’s make this SIMPLER for you... grin

Do you think that the values of Nigerian leaders have anything to do with Nigeria’s economic condition? Y/N
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by Chukwuka16: 8:41am On Apr 01, 2019
One of the painful problem of folks I see on this platform especially the guys promoting CU is that they think that by much speaking of high sounding words and razzmatazz folks would just swallow hook line and sinker all they say.

They forget that like the Berean Christians, there are people who still study to sift out thrash from contents.

Now you argue that funding is a problem and that age matters but yet you are the first people to populate the internet with your so called exploits - first uni in Nigeria to budget xyz for research, first uni to do this and first uni to do that.

All of a sudden, age now matters but you lack respect for UI as she is always continuously bashed by you guys all in an attempt to project a false representation of yourselves.

I would not dignify you again by responding. I believe your subsequent posts show you are bereft of basic and well grounded knowledge that can enable you make sensible contributions on this subject matter.

Do have a splendid morning.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by CodeTemplar: 9:15am On Apr 01, 2019
Chukwuka16:
One of the painful problem of folks I see on this platform especially the guys promoting CU is that they think that by much speaking of high sounding words and razzmatazz folks would just swallow hook line and sinker all they say.

They forget that like the Berean Christians, there are people who still study to sift out thrash from contents.

Now you argue that funding is a problem and that age matters but yet you are the first people to populate the internet with your so called exploits - first uni in Nigeria to budget xyz for research, first uni to do this and first uni to do that.

All of a sudden, age now matters but you lack respect for UI as she is always continuously bashed by you guys all in an attempt to project a false representation of yourselves.

I would not dignify you again by responding. I believe your subsequent posts show you are bereft of basic and well grounded knowledge that can enable you make sensible contributions on this subject matter.

Do have a splendid morning.
Lol . . . you guys felt the CU attention was getting too much and started the needless debates. In every school, there are the academic giants who have more quality research than their peers and such people exist for every school.
My point here centers around the fact that CU is a young school that favours the recruitment of relative younger and inexperienced hands. Couple this with the young age of the school itself ( less than 20 years) and you see why CU is not like most Nigerian schools.

What we are seeing today from your likes regarding the research works of CU was also experienced in the labour market by CU graduates just about a decade ago. It is natural the older guys in the trade feel entitled to relevance by reason of being older but don't come and rubbish an impressive job because you feel 'they' are too noisy about it.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 01, 2019
papyskinsy:

UI doesn't do shii.. we er ahead in research compared to UI students dere are jus collecting free msc and phd
Which free m.sc and PhD or you think it is easy to get them?
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by CodeTemplar: 9:43am On Apr 01, 2019
Chukwuka16:

I had to extract this part out for more appropriate reply.
CU promoters as you call them aren't the aggressors here but in fact the public schools are the aggressors always out to rubbish what comes out of private schools as overrated forgetting that the also enjoy similar level of funding. If CU promoters are making excessive noise about 'overrated' achievements, why not calmly sample yours that isn't overrated? Is CU thread the only thread on Nairaland?
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by FatherCHRISTMAS: 10:10am On Apr 01, 2019
HigherEd:
PRIVATE UNIVERSITY CATEGORY
Though founded in 2002 the university rose quickly to dominate the academic space leaving other private universities in the dust.
Google has a different perspective on this
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by papyskinsy: 11:47am On Apr 01, 2019
asuustrike1:

Which free m.sc and PhD or you think it is easy to get them?

I have friends dat skl dere. dere msc s very easy.. they even present in groups. dey call their writeup .. Long essay.. while ours here in OAU is called thesis
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 01, 2019
papyskinsy:

I have friends dat skl dere. dere msc s very easy.. they even present in groups. dey call their writeup .. Long essay.. while ours here in OAU is called thesis
M.sc is not easy anywhere. Group presentation is different from thesis presentation. Group presentation may be coursework
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by papyskinsy: 1:01pm On Apr 01, 2019
asuustrike1:

M.sc is not easy anywhere. Group presentation is different from thesis presentation. Group presentation may be coursework
broo.. its not coursework am talking about... am talking about dere final report presentation haven done all de coursework
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 01, 2019
papyskinsy:

broo.. its not coursework am talking about... am talking about dere final report presentation haven done all de coursework
Are you for real? shocked which department is that?
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by papyskinsy: 2:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
asuustrike1:
Are you for real? shocked which department is that?
computer science
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2019
papyskinsy:

computer science
Is it so for other departments?
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by papyskinsy: 6:53pm On Apr 01, 2019
asuustrike1:
Is it so for other departments?
yea.. its even worse in some dept. no wonder ppl rush ui
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 01, 2019
papyskinsy:

Then it is better then
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by amidel(m): 9:04am On Apr 02, 2019
Chukwuka16:
Let me just reiterate here that I'm quite disappointed with the comments bandied here by folks. I am disappointed. The OP makes a post and folks can't intelligently take him on and with facts and that's disappointing.

Any one can write anything and get it published. That's academia for you and in Nigeria where pay to publish and predatory publications and plagiarism run wild, it isn't difficult having such a publication in public space.
Sir, I'm a first year student in a Federal university. The lecturers we have as you stated are mediocre (s). Just this morning in a class, a lecturer came to give his lecture; he spoke of over five research works of his that are top notch. I went online as the class was ongoing to confirm and I discovered only one of his work was found in a reputable international journal as a contributor. The other works were in local journals. My co-freshers gave him an applause for his lies. I intend going into full time research and I'd not like to be average.
Thanks.

The OP would like us to believe that researchers in CU and Lautech are doing great. I agree to an extent. However, we must not be railroaded into that wrong perspective of ever equating quantity with quality which is what you find common among researchers in these institutions.

How can someone be a professor in CU with an RG score of say 11 or 14 or even 10 and have over 60 papers. Where are these papers being published? Again, I read and sincerely in my field only 2 or 3 researchers from CU stand out - Sunday Oyedepo, Olayinka Ohuakin and Adaramola. The others are in UI (3 of them), Futminna, UNN and one in Unilag. Co-oncidentally, I have collaborated with the folks in UI, Daniel in Unilag and Lanre in Futminna. It's a small world and we know ourselves and the truth.

Let's not get over excited or bamboozled. When information is made available, let's search the internet and understand international best practices to gauge if the information we are being fed or made to believe measures up. That CU is really trying isn't in doubt, however, the road to excellence is still far away.

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by emmahoney(m): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2019
papyskinsy:

Hmmmmm...Please go there for your doctoral program and see things for yourself. M.Sc and PhD are indeed free in UI.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output by UnivworgersPero(m): 10:13am On Apr 02, 2019
DISCOVER AND MEET NEW FRIENDS IN COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES WITH NAUTEA APP.
Nautea is an exciting and social discovery app that connects you to college folks from various countries
Click the link below
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nautea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stephen Takim: A Notorious CRUTECH Lecturer Finally Nailed. / He Has Been Rusticated But Refused To Leave !!! / Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.