Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA (31473 Views)

Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University / She Graduated With A CGPA Of 4.99 From Covenant University / I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by pluto04(m): 11:50pm On Jul 26, 2011
20-year-old Graduate Breaks Academic Record In CU

The Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, organised the 6th convocation for 1,263 graduates last Friday. MOTUNRAYO ABODERIN in this report highlights how 20-year-old Mr. Victor Ubong, emerged the all-time best graduate of the university that got its operational license on Febrauary 12, 2002, with a Cumulative Grade Point Average record of 4.99 out of a possible 5.0.

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201107260253570
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by pluto04(m): 11:55pm On Jul 26, 2011
I am very happy for this guy and his achievement. He must have worked very hard for it.

I can't help but marvel at the statistics of students of CU who got grades of 2.2 or higher. Over 95% (or is it the entire class sef?) of the population of the graduating class!  shocked Obviosly very good marketing for CU. CU must have developed a formula for recruiting only clever students!! Federal and State Universities should learn the secret of CU's success!!!  cheesy
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by aljharem(m): 12:00am On Jul 27, 2011
this man is very very very cleaver Kudos

4.99 shocked shocked shocked shocked i think this is the best in Nigeria history very good. I am very well impressed
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Afam4eva(m): 12:02am On Jul 27, 2011
Whezn did breaking a school record become news?A school that is less than 10 years old for that matter.I thought he was the best graduating student in the entire country. Anyways congrats.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Rhino5dm: 12:19am On Jul 27, 2011
Another miracle from the house of lord. Not surprise at all. Same place where a con man claimed to have driving a car for more than 300 hundred miles on EMPTY tank. From exam cheater to a super 'GURU' . . .keep it up!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 27, 2011
If this is coming from a federal university,I'd have appreciated it but from a naija private university ? I'm speechless even Igbinedion university that started first had seen courses like medicine not being accredited by NUC due to poor infastructures.Btw,How come private universities don't make the list of best Nigeria universities ?
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 27, 2011
wow thats really commendable, i.e if its really intelligence dt gave him dt.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by olapluto(m): 1:08am On Jul 27, 2011
is his 4.99 worth a 4.99 from a university like OAU? if not, this is not news

1 Like

Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 27, 2011
dis simply means, of all the courses he took while in school, he made a 'B' in only course 'A's in all the others shocked
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by mithel(m): 1:20am On Jul 27, 2011
abegi,i bet it cnt stand a 4.50 from OAU
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Sicherheit(m): 1:36am On Jul 27, 2011
Book smart but not street smart. Majority of this Covenant University graduates are the most socially awkward adults I've ever met. Put them in a work environment and they show a complete lack of intuitiveness, always waiting for someone to tell them what to do. Covenant University is not breeding work ready mature adults, they are breeding "intelligent" adolescents.  undecided
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by MeGaStReEt: 1:38am On Jul 27, 2011
Bad advertisement for CU. This is bad news to CU

When Mr. Victor Ubong gained admission to Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, to pursue a degree course in Accounting, nobody knew he would emerge as the best graduating student. This is because as a secondary school pupil, he struggled to pass. He sometimes crammed his notes and when this failed, he resorted to cheating. Even at this, he was just an average pupil, who managed to pass his West African Senior Secondary School Examination in 2007. So, for those who knew him then, it

What booolshyt!!! Did he suddenly grew magic brain when he got to the University In this case, I dont smell a rat but an antelope
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by MeGaStReEt: 1:40am On Jul 27, 2011
More boollllshyt

“My secondary school days from JSS 2 up to SS2 were days of struggling academically. I was not so brilliant. I did not even know what it meant for people to read and just understand without cramming. You could say I relied on cramming in order to pass my exams. I knew this way of life was not the best, but I didn’t have any choice, and in cases where the cramming did not work, I cheated, I didn’t see anything wrong in cheating. I saw it as a means of survival,” he said.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by BLECINS(f): 1:46am On Jul 27, 2011
Congratulations!
How come Covenant University is not rated among the first 5000 universities in the world, if truly their standard is so high
Or do they have a way of over-rating their students??
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by markjac01: 1:49am On Jul 27, 2011
its mathematically eazier to get a GPA of 5.0 than to get 4.99!
d murdaphucka is a cheat and the skool's VC's a clown!
final verdict : 4.99 GPA is mathematically impossible!

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Sicherheit(m): 1:52am On Jul 27, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

More boollllshyt

He went to a Christian School where the Holy Spirit hovers. What do you expect will happen in that kind of environment? Intelligence by osmosis of course. What is booolllshyt about it?  undecided
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Odunharry(m): 2:08am On Jul 27, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

More boollllshyt

hmmm
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by mekaboy(m): 2:10am On Jul 27, 2011

CONGRATS , DEPENDS ON THE STANDARDS THOUGH. undecided

Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by chelseabmw(m): 2:26am On Jul 27, 2011
why the beef?
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by dayokanu(m): 2:27am On Jul 27, 2011
This is probably worth just about 3.2 in OAU
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by 190: 2:28am On Jul 27, 2011
Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.19 GPA

shocked shocked
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Patsey: 2:30am On Jul 27, 2011
THIS BOY CHEATED HIS WAY THROUGH HIS SECONDARY EDUCATION SIMPLY BECAUSE HE HAS NO BRAINS TO HANDLE SECONDARY LEVEL EDUCATION BUT HE SUDDENLY CHANGED AND GRADUATED WITH 4.99/5.00. I CAN SMELL DEAD RAT.

BESIDES, ISN'T THIS THE UNIVERSITY WHERE STUDENTS WERE EXPELLED FOR NOT BRINGING COPIES OF THEIR BIBLES TO THE ASSEMBLY GROUND AND WHERE STUDENTS ARE TREATED LIKE PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL KIDS AND WHERE STAFF HAVE NO ACADEMIC AUTONOMY. THESE PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES ARE NOT ONLY GLORIFIED DIPLOMA MILLS, BUT ALSO AVENUES FOR THE PROPRIETORS TO ENRICH THEMSELVES
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Osas006: 2:39am On Jul 27, 2011
chelseabmw:

why the beef?
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by yemorinho(m): 2:45am On Jul 27, 2011
Their standard there is undoubtedly no reference point, stil @ d primitive stage and this reflects on their ranking among universities in 9ja. This wil pas 4 no more than a 3.8 in FUTA. A 3.5 stud hre wuld mke 1st class wf ease @ CU.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by phuckNL: 2:45am On Jul 27, 2011
I wonder why a lot of people like beefing like this. If students have an "enabling environment" there is the likely hood that they will perform better. The fact that the guy got this from covenant doesn not mean the school is easy as u guys put it.
Would you say the same of American schools? A lot of Nigerians who failed out of Nigerian Universities are getting "Summa Cum Laude" in US schools. Are you saying that OAU or the so-called federal universities are better than American Schools?

Abeg, if you have an enabling environment, students will perform better. Kudos to the school juh.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Osas006: 3:12am On Jul 27, 2011
chelseabmw:

why the beef?
Not beef just fact
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by ijigbamigb(m): 3:31am On Jul 27, 2011
THIS GUY SHUDNT HAV DROPED COMMENTS ABT HIS SECONDARY SCHOOL LIFE,
THOUGH HE HAD IT IN A PRIVATE INST, YET HE IS THE BEST AMONG HIS CONTEMPORARIES IN CU.
4.99 in private UNIs=3.99 in federal UNIs and = 2.99 in UNAD, CHIKINA
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Imohbyron(m): 3:39am On Jul 27, 2011
E day happen,just leave the guy alone,why hating on him,he had a 4.99,and so wat?Hard work:maybe,but even if he cheated,he was not caught.Nairalanders,alwayz on the negative side
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Adesam01(m): 3:41am On Jul 27, 2011
I wonder what Nigeria education is turning to,4.99/5.00 is ABSOLUTELY impossible,
My point of view:
As student who offered 10 courses in a semester precisely 2nd Semester 300l, i had 9 A's and 1'B and by calculation that will give 4.91 depending on the unit load of the course for me 2 units,now are we saying that for 8 solid semester he had a B in a zero or 1 unit course. That is a mischief.
Secondly, Does that mean that he knows all the courses from A to Z even better than his lecturers who marked his script.
Let us be FACTUAL in some Cases not everything work out fine always,life is not a bed of roses.
Time will be the best judge only if he can be a Chartered Accountant at 1 sitting, artered Accountant at 1 sitting,
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by baby4u2(f): 3:50am On Jul 27, 2011
Guys there is no need in hating. I believe he got the grades as shown. The fact that federal universities understate their students scores, make them go through hell to get a fail grade doesnt mean other schools cant bring out the best in their students. If you have not gone to the school to check their curriculum, dont understate. The fact its a private school and so what? please congratulate and done hate, even yoruba students are working in banks, graduates of federal schoolssss, did they read banking/accounting/finance? Appreciate. on the day of work he will be tested. With all our jangu jangu federal schools una still dey complain.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by jaz(m): 3:51am On Jul 27, 2011
i  ain't  got   beef   4d   bloke   but   first,   it's   impossible   to   have a   cummulative   GPA   of   4.99,   a   'B'   in   even a   1   unit   course   will   drop   it   further   than   that.   Second,   looking   at   their   past   record   i   see   that   the   number   of   1st   classes  they   churn   out   is  usually  large.   Their   graduates   are  ill   prepared  for the   world   outside.
Imagine,   5   of   us   from   different   univ.   Namely;   unaab,   oou,   unilag,   cu  went   for   nnpc   test in   ui   ibadan, cos it   was  getting  late   8pm, the   cu   girl started   crying.   Wont want that as   my   wife
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by jaz(m): 3:52am On Jul 27, 2011
i  ain't  got   beef   4d   bloke   but   first,   it's   impossible   to   have a   cummulative   GPA   of   4.99,   a   'B'   in   even a   1   unit   course   will   drop   it   further   than   that.   Second,   looking   at   their   past   record   i   see   that   the   number   of   1st   classes  they   churn   out   is  usually  large.   Their   graduates   are  ill   prepared  for the   world   outside.
Imagine,   5   of   us   from   different   univ.   Namely;   unaab,   oou,   unilag,   cu  went   for   nnpc   test in   ui   ibadan, cos it   was  getting  late   8pm, the   cu   girl started   crying.   Wont want that as   my   wife

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

He Has Been Rusticated But Refused To Leave !!! / Stephen Takim: A Notorious CRUTECH Lecturer Finally Nailed. / Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.