Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth (52019 Views)

Policeman Seen Beating LASTMA Officer In Lagos (Photos) / Soldier Seen Punishing A Driver Under The Rain In Lagos / Soldier Seen Manhandling A Man, In Lagos, Despite Pleas From His Sick Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by Gift84(f): 3:01am On Mar 31, 2019
Wetin carry army come out from barracks

Please am in need of a job, a graduate of political science, base in Abuja, have been out of job for a very long time, 080326please help a sister, 92262
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by felixation123(m): 3:23am On Mar 31, 2019
Useless security officers everywhere

1 Like

Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by ronyman(m): 3:58am On Mar 31, 2019
If you want to take sides maybe cos ur family member is a soldier do it wisely �. There have been several cases of soldiers intimidating the populace. I pray it doesn't happen to you till you learn.
IamD18:
As much as Nigerian soldiers are known for abusing powers, I've every feelings that there's more to this story. Maybe a statement the man made.

Because I've never in my life seen a soldier forcefully trying to withdraw on another person's turn. They'll always take permission to do so, and I'm sure many haven't seen a soldier intimidate someone in an ATM queue before.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by timibare(m): 4:50am On Mar 31, 2019
that's why I don't feel sorry for them....wen they are bein killed in Borno......useless pple upadan
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by princenaira(m): 4:56am On Mar 31, 2019
IamD18:
As much as Nigerian soldiers are known for abusing powers, I've every feelings that there's more to this story. Maybe a statement the man made.

Because I've never in my life seen a soldier forcefully trying to withdraw on another person's turn. They'll always take permission to do so, and I'm sure many haven't seen a soldier intimidate someone in an ATM queue before.

Do you live in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by str8talk1: 5:04am On Mar 31, 2019
I fear no one, I rather face him and get humiliated if possible but not not to give it a try.
until we start standing up to these weaklings in army uniform they will continue acting as if they r thin gods.
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by Odomero118(m): 5:32am On Mar 31, 2019
This is the only thing the Nigerian soldiers are good at, embarrassing innocent people, but they are scared of the Boko boys

1 Like

Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by namiji2598: 6:04am On Mar 31, 2019
IamD18:

maybe u ar new on ATM or maybe u stay in a cool place wit nice soldiers.me I have seen it severally

1 Like

Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 31, 2019
This right here is why is hard to feel sympathy for them when they're killed by Boko Haram terrorists.
We should be praising lot military and be grateful to them for sacrificing so much to keep us safe, but they're simply terrorists in uniform.

so yeah, fck them
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by carnal: 6:47am On Mar 31, 2019
We have some military men who are polite while some are just trouble aside their training.being from a military background I often advise friends to thread carefully,they have soft part too
So manner of approach matters also. Have had many encounter with them but I often play, massage their ego until they become friendly and weak then later introduce myself.wisdom is key

1 Like

Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by Ugwuoke347(m): 6:55am On Mar 31, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
Abuse of power. Nigerian soldiers would defiantly defy the law by:

1. Owning and driving cars without ever registering them.

2. Those that manage to own/drive registered cars would spray paint everything black or green. Plate numbers inclusive.

3. Ride motor bikes in places okadas are banned.

4. Drive one way and even intimidate you to wait on your own lane.

5. Board buses and cabs without paying.

6. Hit your car and force you to fix damages on theirs.

A commercial bus driver related to us his passengers of how a military van hit him from behind, the soldiers came out to intimidate and forced him to a spare parts market to fix their damages. That day i felt so so sorry for the bus driver.

Welcome to the Western Jungle of Africa!
The beastly wilderness of West Afrika!
You are in Niger Area.
That is your lot.
Sorry about that.
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by REDDEVILS1(m): 7:02am On Mar 31, 2019
hybridblood07:
You're a fool.
its your father thats a fool.
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by MICDAMI(m): 7:05am On Mar 31, 2019
IamD18:

You are right
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by enochogaga(m): 7:06am On Mar 31, 2019
That is how a soldier man is trying to intimidate me, I went straight to their base and report to their military police, and he was mab, and taking to the guard room,
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by officialfestus(m): 7:09am On Mar 31, 2019
ogbonti:

damage not damages.... be kiaful grin
you just fooled yourself...
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by officialfestus(m): 7:10am On Mar 31, 2019
ogbonti:

damage not damages.... be kiaful grin
you just fooled yourself...
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by ogawisdom(m): 7:15am On Mar 31, 2019
Bloody civilian na soldier u wan drag line with? Next time u go get sense after d beating today grin
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by udemzyudex(m): 7:18am On Mar 31, 2019
OyinO:
Allow the soldier to collect and go. You Nigerian bloody civilians lack respect and special treatment for service personnel of the Armed Forces especially Army. These guys sacrifice everything to keep you safe, then you come and be dragging chance to collect money from ATM with such a fellow who lay down his life to let you have peace. Some soldiers are on duty. They take permission to come to town and withdraw cash so as to give to their family at home and return to duty post. Then you want him to remain standing with you. Also, the security risk of standing unarmed in present day Naija is huge. Though, one single slap is enough instead of faxing the man as if he's a criminal. That's quite too much for the gravity of offence committed.

Sacrifice everything? Did I force anyone to join the army? Pls stop saying this nonsense.

For me, as long as you wear a uniform, I'll give you the chance to do what you want because I believe you're on duty, but telling me that one man is sacrificing his life because of me is bullsh1t talk, I never force anyone to join the army, a lot of them join because of government failure to provide jobs, some join because they want to be intimidating people not all join the force because they love this country, so spare me the sacrifice sh1t talk.

6 Likes

Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 31, 2019
Most soldiers are illiterates.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by matrixme(m): 7:31am On Mar 31, 2019
Let soldiers know that the more stories like this get to the internet, the less good will they gather from Nigerians. And if the person you pledge your life to protect don't give you their goodwill, then you are doing an unprofitable work. We can't have our politicians trampling on our rights and men in uniforms doing the same thing day in, day out. Life will always come back at you.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by Absoj(m): 7:32am On Mar 31, 2019
Made4naijaceo:
Soldier seen beating a man who told him he’s the next in line at an ATM booth in #Ipaja, Lagos

The man was simply trying to tell the soldier that he was behind the next person to withdraw then soldier beat him up

hmm what type of country is this pls all these happened today at the access bank ATM stand in ipaja alimosho lagos

Watch Video

source :

https://www.made4naija.com/soldier-seen-beating-a-man-who-told-him-hes-the-next-in-line-at-an-atm-booth/

Bloggers as usual whipping up pple's emotions. May I ask if u were at this 'particular' scene?
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:35am On Mar 31, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Useless soldier..if I send you to Sambisa forest now, they will say I am wicked

Hahahahaha...
Just send him there already..
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by opoloba: 7:37am On Mar 31, 2019
GOD punish every power freaked soldiers including this one

In another news, to play Deal or No Deal game, whot game, poker game, click on https:///2HVwA3H
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:42am On Mar 31, 2019
OyinO:
Allow the soldier to collect and go. You Nigerian bloody civilians lack respect and special treatment for service personnel of the Armed Forces especially Army. These guys sacrifice everything to keep you safe, then you come and be dragging chance to collect money from ATM with such a fellow who lay down his life to let you have peace. Some soldiers are on duty. They take permission to come to town and withdraw cash so as to give to their family at home and return to duty post. Then you want him to remain standing with you. Also, the security risk of standing unarmed in present day Naija is huge. Though, one single slap is enough instead of faxing the man as if he's a criminal. That's quite too much for the gravity of offence committed.

Is that all you have to say?
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by bigsmoke2(m): 7:42am On Mar 31, 2019
IamD18:

It's the uneducated ones with low self esteem that always feel the need to intimidate civilians. Most of the officers act civilized and hardly do such.
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by nams77: 7:43am On Mar 31, 2019
IamD18:

You got me pissed. So if he made a statement nko? Does that warrant being attacked? Let's stop supporting bullcrap in this country.

Several years back when I came out from university and decided to go into transportation biz, I picked a naval officer and when the dude came down and was about walking away, I called him back to come and pay me. He was reluctant at first, mumbling some gibberish. I wasn't cut out to listen to his crap. He eventually paid. Shuo. You no buy fuel for me and you dey expect free service. If he had initially pleaded from the beginning for a free ride, I might have listened, not this entitlement mentality that you can force your self on people.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by Smhaykins(m): 7:50am On Mar 31, 2019
[quote author=IamD18 post=77129623]As much as Nigerian soldiers are known for abusing powers, I've every feelings that there's more to this story. Maybe a statement the man made.

Because I've never in my life seen a soldier forcefully trying to withdraw on another person's turn. They'll always take permission to do so, and I'm sure many haven't seen a soldier intimidate someone in an ATM queue before.[/quote

I work in a bank...and av seen soldiers claiming dey cannot join queue cos dey r soldier... n dey will threaten to discipline u if u dear challenge dem
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by wiseone28: 7:58am On Mar 31, 2019
OyinO:

America is never a yardstick, benchmark or standard for Nigeria.
Are they not humans like us?

Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by thatigboman: 7:58am On Mar 31, 2019
IamD18:

u wount see until it will happen to you

1 Like

Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by Jman06(m): 8:03am On Mar 31, 2019
This guy Bleep up sha!
Carry missiles and finish the stupid soldier!
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by dabossman(m): 8:04am On Mar 31, 2019
IamD18:

From what I understand from the story, it seems the guy was not on the queue initially but was a space booker. One of those who come and tell you "please I'm behind you", then go and stand in one corner waiting for their turn.

It doesn't give the soldier any rights to beat him up, but that thing can be annoying. You'll be on yhe queue since, then someone will just show up and say "I was here before. Ask him now, I'm behind him"
Re: Soldier Seen Beating A Man Who Told Him He’s The Next In Line At An ATM Booth by verifiablefacts: 8:05am On Mar 31, 2019
Made4naijaceo:
Soldier seen beating a man who told him he’s the next in line at an ATM booth in #Ipaja, Lagos

The man was simply trying to tell the soldier that he was behind the next person to withdraw then soldier beat him up

hmm what type of country is this pls all these happened today at the access bank ATM stand in ipaja alimosho lagos

Watch Video

source :

https://www.made4naija.com/soldier-seen-beating-a-man-who-told-him-hes-the-next-in-line-at-an-atm-booth/

he must have said more,dammed more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers Drag Out A Tout Who Ran Into A Church After Stabbing Their Colleague / Man Hires Assassins To Kill Baba Ijebu Boss (photo) / Robber Burnt To Death In Aba By Mob After Being Abandoned During Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.