Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,105 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools (26890 Views)

Adaeze: UNIPORT Student Found Dead In Her Apartment / Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US / David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by encryptjay(m): 7:24pm On Mar 31, 2019
See options...
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Customer80: 7:25pm On Mar 31, 2019
Igbo amaka

2 Likes

Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Gsteve01(m): 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2019
Congrats to her
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by ucomeoga: 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2019
[qu?ote author=Amuocha post=77150577]Igbos are indeed doing very well

Omotola's pickin should see the real deal shocked[/quote]

Nigerians are going well.
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2019
buygala:

Otu Nne gi sad

grin grin mad oo grin grin
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 31, 2019
DUKE HERE I COME IN THE NAME OF JESUS!
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by deco22(m): 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2019
thatigboman:
In 2019, u are giving a student admission for 2023. Wow.
When will our universities start doing same?
That is when they are finishing, not when they entering, i think it is a four year course she is doing.
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2019
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by bjjose: 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2019
Igbo Amaka
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Gleamtoke(f): 8:58pm On Mar 31, 2019
oboy81:
Wait oh, you Know pasted it For the Whole world To See shocked
why can't you just be happy for her, na wa ooo
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by folake4u(f): 9:00pm On Mar 31, 2019
Ketandu smiley. Her name worked for her.
Congratulations babe! It is no easy feat.

2 Likes

Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Admitwithschola: 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2019
Fidelismaria:
Good for her

I need to do my masters at Harvard

How much would it cost?

You can do it for free!
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Gleamtoke(f): 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2019
Congratulations mama, more of this to come
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Admitwithschola: 9:06pm On Mar 31, 2019
RTSC:
Nigeria dey limit people sha.

You would see someone that was just average in Nigeria, enter America and then suddenly shines like a million stars.

While the truly great are still in Nigeria hustling far below their potential.
I wish these Ivy League admit directly from Nigeria via exams like UTME or something. They would be astonished out of their minds by the potential hidden in Nigeria.

I can bet you that the best student in her secondary school class in Nigeria would go to UNN, UI or OAU, finish with a 2.1 and start looking for a job, while she would go to Harvard.

Lol at your truly great still in Nigeria. Many of our very top students are abroad. Check the best graduating students in each university and department two years after graduating and see if they are still in Nigeria.

I don't know how you reached your conclusion average Naijans going to America to enter top school. The Nigerians who enter top schools around the world are among the cream of the crop in Nigeria. Do you know that things wonderful small girl is "average" before you made that statement?

This kid would have gotten nothing less than 1400 in SAT and almost straight A's in high school or associate, plus lots of extracurricular. This is not the performance of some average kid dancing on the streets of surulere

3 Likes

Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Admitwithschola: 9:11pm On Mar 31, 2019
RTSC:
Nigeria dey limit people sha.

You would see someone that was just average in Nigeria, enter America and then suddenly shines like a million stars.

While the truly great are still in Nigeria hustling far below their potential.
I wish these Ivy League admit directly from Nigeria via exams like UTME or something. They would be astonished out of their minds by the potential hidden in Nigeria.

I can bet you that the best student in her secondary school class in Nigeria would go to UNN, UI or OAU, finish with a 2.1 and start looking for a job, while she would go to Harvard.

I am looking at the other stuff you wrote again..Mhen, you mean Ivy League schools, that parade the very best in the world, should ignore SAT for JAMB? Lol.That won't come to pass...Naija students interested in SAT can always do it if they wish. Afterall, in year 2000, Bosun, one of our very best students in Nigeria at the time, scored 347 in JAMB (record breaker) and got into Unilag. A few months later, he did the SAT and scored highest in Africa. MIT grabbed him, Unilag lost him..Full scholarship at MIT...

If people think they have the ability to get this top scores in SAT, they should just do it...People are doing it.

Best students from secondary school also enter those UNN, UI and OAU and make GPAs of 4.9 and then get admitted for Masters/PhD at Stanford, Harvard...Many examples exist - just from Unilagand OAU alone

1 Like

Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Admitwithschola: 9:14pm On Mar 31, 2019
jimcaddy:
But Nigerian Universities and lecturers will fail this babe and refuse her admission... We have a big problem in Nigeria.

I don't think so...Historically, he likes also blast JAMB and score first class GPAs..So, "may" is more appropriate and not will. If you score above 1,400 in SAT, then UME score should be around 290 and above...
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by sunky97: 9:15pm On Mar 31, 2019
Pastor Jeremiah Fufeyin Compensates Stephanie who filmed little Success With N2 million

[flash=425,400]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgHmXKtj8fc[/flash]
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Badonasty(m): 9:18pm On Mar 31, 2019
joshchisimdi:
The daughter of a woman who fled Nigeria after failed marriage, has been accepted into 6 Ivy League Schools on full scholarship as announced by the excited mother.

Joy Nnenne who announced her daughter's admission on Facebook, disclosed that she fled Nigeria with Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu and her little sister, leaving behind a failed marriage and a few broken dreams. She further disclosed that she wasn't sure what laid ahead, but there was never a time she doubted her capability to rise from the ashes of her failure. She wrote; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/31/daughter-of-woman-who-fled-nigeria-after-failed-marriage-accepted-into-6-ivy-league-schools/

see country where things work
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by 42n8dzydoo(m): 9:33pm On Mar 31, 2019
thatigboman:
They quoted the expected graduation year!
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Fidelismaria: 9:39pm On Mar 31, 2019
Admitwithschola:

You can do it for free!

Really?

How?
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by thatigboman: 10:08pm On Mar 31, 2019
charleymed:

You're just dumb.
u are foolish
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by thatigboman: 10:17pm On Mar 31, 2019
42n8dzydoo:

They quoted the expected graduation year!
tnx to u and and to all those that quoted and said same.
Dont mind me, I got it mixed up. Class of 200x was actually the class of when I finished uni.
Tnx all
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by goat22: 10:39pm On Mar 31, 2019
thatigboman:

It's not so, by the beans of turmeric the admission is tendered for southern yobe, Huna haruna.
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Emanodimo(m): 3:17am On Apr 01, 2019
Trying to analyse this surprise, not the first to be heard.

I think entering for a scholarship program and successful makes one suitable to make choice among schools provided to enroll best and suitable candidates.

That might not be the case here in Nigeria and others...

Scholarship program ain't the same with that of US or UK. One can be offered multiple admission is not a strange thing... She passed excellently, let her make a choice finish...

Everything must be celebrated on social media.

That Naija mentality still reflecting on them....

Before UTME, students got multiple offer on admission from different institutions in Nigeria.
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Admitwithschola: 3:33am On Apr 01, 2019
Emanodimo:
Trying to analyse this surprise, not the first to be heard.

I think entering for a scholarship program and successful makes one suitable to make choice among schools provided to enroll best and suitable candidates.

That might not be the case here in Nigeria and others...

Scholarship program ain't the same with that of US or UK. One can be offered multiple admission is not a strange thing... She passed excellently, let her make a choice finish...

Everything must be celebrated on social media.

That Naija mentality still reflecting on them....

Before UTME, students got multiple offer on admission from different institutions in Nigeria.

Her case is a big deal because these schools are not Podunk university. They're schools that people are ready to bribe with 1.2 million dollars for their kids to gain just admissions. If fact, they are ready to double school fees paid to the school. It's a very, very, very, very big. In America, people publicize this achievement..It's not a naija mentality. In case you doubt this, easy google search will reveal links!

Any parent in the "world", including Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, etc, will be very impressed with this outcome. In summary, it's a very big deal, Sir.

1 Like

Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Admitwithschola: 3:44am On Apr 01, 2019
Fidelismaria:

Really?

How?

You need CGPA that puts you among the top students in your school..The closer you are to 5.00, the better. I'm not saying it's 5.00 oo, most people won't graduate with that...

You need solid GRE scores that put you in the >90th percentile and perhaps TOEFL. Check the GRE thread on nairald

You need professors from your school saying you're the next best thing after slice break

You need one last thing that I can only say if you were a worker at our company

Anything below the above, e go hard ooo..Many people are willing to pay twice the tuition fees, but admissions can be difficult to get...However, there is a way out..You can go for MBA. You have a good chance of being admitted and generously funded or loaned ,even if you had a not-so-great GPA at undergrad level. I know of Naija boys doing MBAs at these very top schools. Many of them are 2.1 people but but but....they had 5-8 years of solid work experience before starting the MBA..

Let me tell you a secret - if you decide to return to naija after an MBA from a top place like Harvard and if you get a bad salary, Harvard will supplement it so that it reaches 100K Dollars. They do this for the first 5 years after graduating. I was shocked when I heard this!

This is free advice you got from me...People pay 3K pounds for the same thing smiley. We do admissions consulting. Check out our website..
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Fidelismaria: 6:53am On Apr 01, 2019
Admitwithschola:

You need CGPA that puts you among the top students in your school..The closer you are to 5.00, the better. I'm not saying it's 5.00 oo, most people won't graduate with that...

You need solid GRE scores that put you in the >90th percentile and perhaps TOEFL. Check the GRE thread on nairald

You need professors from your school saying you're the next best thing after slice break

You need one last thing that I can only say if you were a worker at our company

Anything below the above, e go hard ooo..Many people are willing to pay twice the tuition fees, but admissions can be difficult to get...However, there is a way out..You can go for MBA. You have a good chance of being admitted and generously funded or loaned ,even if you had a not-so-great GPA at undergrad level. I know of Naija boys doing MBAs at these very top schools. Many of them are 2.1 people but but but....they had 5-8 years of solid work experience before starting the MBA..

Let me tell you a secret - if you decide to return to naija after an MBA from a top place like Harvard and if you get a bad salary, Harvard will supplement it so that it reaches 100K Dollars. They do this for the first 5 years after graduating. I was shocked when I heard this!

This is free advice you got from me...People pay 3K pounds for the same thing smiley. We do admissions consulting. Check out our website..

Thank you
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by 9jaRealist: 7:38am On Apr 01, 2019
Congratulations to the kid...

But what exactly is the connection with failed marriage? Many Nigerians get into Ivy League schools without their parents marriage failing. undecided
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by Admitwithschola: 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2019
9jaRealist:
Congratulations to the kid...

But what exactly is the connection with failed marriage? Many Nigerians get into Ivy League schools without their parents marriage failing. undecided

Indeed. I think they are not saying failed marriage caused IVY acceptance. I think they are saying despite the failed marriage, the pikin is turning out well. These are two different things, as you would agree.
Re: Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools by 9jaRealist: 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2019
Admitwithschola:

Indeed. I think they are not saying failed marriage caused IVY acceptance. I think they are saying despite the failed marriage, the pikin is turning out well. These are two different things, as you would agree.

Sorry but I still do not see any logical connection. Are you suggesting that kids of a failed marriage are expected to become dumb or underachievers? With all due respect to the woman she should not make the kid’s story about herself and her failed personal relationships.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gender Switch Day In Delta State University - DELSU (Video) / Why We Called Off Strike - ASUU / Dangote Truck And Properties Burnt As Kogi-poly Stage Protest - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.