Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,791 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International (11842 Views)

Scarcity Of Bibles In Walmart USA Due To Coronavirus / Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? / China Shuts Down Christian Churches, Destroys Crosses, Burn Bibles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by GreatResearcher: 9:51pm On Mar 31, 2019
ovieigho:
Wow
I'm surprised the figure is not higher than that!

Sometimes I wonder who finances this free bible given to us since I was a kid
If the money wasted in printing these fiction books was used in empowering Nigerian youths, imagine where we'd have been today as a country..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Funkybabee(f): 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2019
kmcutez:
Please come back and take your bibles. No one in Nigeria is practicing what is written there.

Maybe ur family only. Though we cannot be perfect, but we still do our little best concerning the order from the scripture as a human
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by GreatResearcher: 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2019
Macelliot:

What part of Nigeria problem is it? Answer
Take away religion from Africa and see Africa attaining its goals

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Funkybabee(f): 9:56pm On Mar 31, 2019
GreatResearcher:
If the money wasted in printing these fiction books was used in empowering Nigerian youths, imagine where we'd have been today as a country..

Werey tell your dad and government to do more
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Funkybabee(f): 9:58pm On Mar 31, 2019
Thank you gideon for the work of God you have been doing since these days, May God grant you a fruitful reward by his grace. Seriously I can't count how many of their bible that me and my brothers and sisters have collected.

May the gate of hell not prevail
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Neoteny(m): 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2019
74.6 million poor souls led astray.......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by GreatResearcher: 10:00pm On Mar 31, 2019
Funkybabee:

Werey tell your dad and government to do more
Let Gideons stop adding to our problems. Fullstop!

6 Likes

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by ovieigho(m): 10:01pm On Mar 31, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Don't go and hold your govt responsible..

If churches get a new building you all will be shouting that the money should be used to build factory instead..
Una no get govt? Church ask you for money?
What about factories like Michelin and Dunlop that used to be in Nigeria?
What kind of empowerment do you want?
You need wheelbarrow for farm?
Smh..
Children of God are thriving in their respective endeavors due to the 'fiction' you think we read but if you need empowerment hit me up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Funkybabee(f): 10:04pm On Mar 31, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Let Gideons stop adding to our problems. Fullstop!

Bible is not my,family and christian fellow problem, It's only urs so face your life and do what will give u peace and rest of mind. .and in next time biko stop using our for your own problem.

Shalom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by vincentcena22: 10:04pm On Mar 31, 2019
I am a benefactor of the program during my service year. Ride on the Gideon intl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2019
Funkybabee:

Maybe ur family only. Though we cannot be perfect, but we still do our little best concerning the order from the scripture as a human

Lol. Christians and Hypocrisy are like 5 and 6. I will rather dine with the devil than a Nigerian Christian. The devil learns from you guys.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Omoluabi16(m): 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2019
jaymejate:
If you no collect Gideon Bible for your secondary school.
Please where did you school, absolutely not in Nigeria.

haaha! I collect. Even the Muslim students top struggled to collect..but few read it.Except for Crk classes, it was like a souvenir.
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by GreatResearcher: 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2019
Funkybabee:
Thank you gideon for the work of God you have been doing since these days, May God grant you a fruitful reward by his grace. Seriously I can't count how many of their bible that me and my brothers and sisters have collected.

May the gate of hell not prevail
Thanking Gideon for killing our sense of reasoning? Since these fiction books came to Africa, an average African cannot reason again. They allowed a sky daddy think and reason for them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by oneitalia: 10:07pm On Mar 31, 2019
Oh, I was telling my wife about this pocket sized bible few days ago. It was shared to us when we were in JSS 1. Feeling nostalgic.

1 Like

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by GreatResearcher: 10:08pm On Mar 31, 2019
Funkybabee:

Bible is not my,family and christian fellow problem, It's only urs so face your life and do what will give u peace and rest of mind. .and in next time biko stop using our for your own problem.

Shalom
The bible has contributed to Nigeria's probelms.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Omoluabi16(m): 10:09pm On Mar 31, 2019
highcollide:
FUN FACT: 99% of Nigerian Christians have not completely read the Bible.

The Bible is not a text book you 'completely read'. Reading is 0.1 of the work..studying and understanding it is the koko.
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by GreatResearcher: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2019
ovieigho:

Don't go and hold your govt responsible..

If churches get a new building you all will be shouting that the money should be used to build factory instead..
Una no get govt? Church ask you for money?
What about factories like Michelin and Dunlop that used to be in Nigeria?
What kind of empowerment do you want?
You need wheelbarrow for farm?
Smh..
Children of God are thriving in their respective endeavors due to the 'fiction' you think we read but if you need empowerment hit me up
While am holding my govt responsible for the problems in the country, Gideon should stop fueling the problems with his fiction books.. Those books add no value to Nigeria.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 31, 2019
The Gospel must be spread PEACEFULLY.

Good job!
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by RemiTinubu(f): 10:18pm On Mar 31, 2019
highcollide:
FUN FACT: 99% of Nigerian Christians have not completely read the Bible.

lies
from genesis to revelation i have read

though that's when I was still a good child
God have both mercy and Ronaldo on me cry

1 Like

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by AnanseK(m): 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2019
State Governors and Legislators have not received their copies

1 Like

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by ElsonMorali: 10:23pm On Mar 31, 2019
Yet crime rate has more than doubled in the specified time frame.

An increase in religious houses across Nigeria shows a corresponding rise in crime and other misdemeanors in the country.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by obembet(f): 10:33pm On Mar 31, 2019
Witlee:
Omo no be this Gideon bible I win like 7 for bible quiz for my church when I small? grin grin

Turn your giftcard to money, I buy giftcard with a reasonable price

Before u turn to the world. Bros na joke o
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Macelliot(m): 10:35pm On Mar 31, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Take away religion from Africa and see Africa attaining its goals
Where was Africa before the Whites cane

3 Likes

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by lomprico(m): 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2019
How many did abiola sink?
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by olas24u(f): 10:37pm On Mar 31, 2019
Rogues!
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by aalangel(f): 10:41pm On Mar 31, 2019
ovieigho:
Wow
I'm surprised the figure is not higher than that!

Sometimes I wonder who finances this free bible given to us since I was a kid

They are called Partners....just like the distribution of Rhapsody of Realities for free every October. Partners in Christ Embassy sponsor the free distribution.

...I don't think they really got the figures for the Gideons bible right. Rhapsody has done more than this in 12 years...just saying..
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by olas24u(f): 10:47pm On Mar 31, 2019
ElsonMorali:
Yet crime rate has more than doubled in the specified time frame.

An increase in religious houses across Nigeria shows a corresponding rise in crime and other misdemeanors in the country.
In a depressed environment,there is a correlation between alcohol intake and church business and religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by lonelydora: 10:47pm On Mar 31, 2019
I think the figure of 74.6M is wrong. I collected this bible like 5 times throughout my secondary school days, won many of it in bibles quiz, dashed to me by family friends during birthdays, etc.

I think the figure should be higher than this
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by GreatResearcher: 10:51pm On Mar 31, 2019
Macelliot:

Where was Africa before the Whites cane
Africa was at a walking stage about to run. But when religion came in, Africa became crippled. She can't even stand on her feet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Witlee(m): 10:58pm On Mar 31, 2019
obembet:

Before u turn to the world. Bros na joke o

Lol nah so

1 Like

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by olas24u(f): 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2019
oneitalia:
Oh, I was telling my wife about this pocket sized bible few days ago. It was shared to us when we were in JSS 1. Feeling nostalgic.
It was programming of the mind at an early age.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Coolgent(m): 11:08pm On Mar 31, 2019
jaymejate:
If you no collect Gideon Bible for your secondary school.
Please where did you school, absolutely not in Nigeria.

I never heard of it let alone collect it;
I schooled in far north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Big Church Gospel Talent Show Commences Online Exhibition For Dancers, Singers / Why Did God Want A Son ? / 13 Delta State Pilgrims Abscond In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.