Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International (11846 Views)

Scarcity Of Bibles In Walmart USA Due To Coronavirus / Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? / China Shuts Down Christian Churches, Destroys Crosses, Burn Bibles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Miketonia: 11:18pm On Mar 31, 2019
anyimontana:
Wow..thank u lord..but I don't think it really made any impact in Nigeria, naija is perhaps irredeemable
That is not true
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by mechanics(m): 11:18pm On Mar 31, 2019
LadySarah:
Ride on sir.
let the word reach the ends of the earth
We also have our part to play as Christians.
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by am4truth(m): 11:25pm On Mar 31, 2019
kingsfire:
Imagine if these were replaced with technology and innovation.

You can tell that trash to your government. Did they ask you for money or collected any from you?
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by kelvinovie25(m): 11:28pm On Mar 31, 2019
What a great way to spread the word of God, these days I hardly see people distributing Bible's, I think it's high time we go back to our roots
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by freethinker01: 11:33pm On Mar 31, 2019
The question that one is supposed to ask is how has the Bible helped us as a nation?

2 Likes

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Martinez39(m): 11:38pm On Mar 31, 2019
The distribution of such has been a disservice to this nation. Next time distribute something better.

1 Like

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by nwakaibeya1: 11:41pm On Mar 31, 2019
John 6,60-68>> In the Kingdom of JESUS Christ that has come back to revenge and judge people unknown to those claiming to know Jesus Christ,everyone is a suspect be you whoever on earth,anywhere in the world&beyond,no matter your title&we speak&say investigate it by all means if you know JESUS CHRIST,afterall as his follower you should defend falsehood about his time&season,more so if we say investigate, that his Kingdom has comeback to revenge&judge people unknown to those who claim to know&those that are spiritually ignorant that wants to fight the fight of the powerful& talk in support of so so&so should be wise& learn about the spiritual&that is why we tell those who wish to know that NIGHT IS ONE&LIGHT IS ONE &NIGHT IS THE PLACE TO KNOW WHO IS WHO,EVIL OR GOOD,there are no pretenses at NIGHT and in the realm of the spirit there is no distance so figure it out and why not ask deep spiritual questions even as i have declared to the world that kingdom of JesusChrist has comeback to revenge& judge people >>I speak spiritually and reveal things unknown after the creation of the world and unbelievable truth about practical JESUS CHRIST not theology or Genesis to revelation stories hence all things that happened there in bible has practically repeated itself in this generation #Be wise and investigate the revelation as we have authorised the whole world, it's a gradual process.... Mathew 13,13-15
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by semyman: 11:46pm On Mar 31, 2019
And now we have more oloshos, criiminals and looters,

1 Like

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by ovieigho(m): 11:49pm On Mar 31, 2019
aalangel:

They are called Partners....just like the distribution of Rhapsody of Realities for free every October. Partners in Christ Embassy sponsor the free distribution.

...I don't think they really got the figures for the Gideons bible right. Rhapsody has done more than this in 12 years...just saying..
we started by buying rhapsody in 2004 when I was a member of Christ embassy but it's good to know rhapsody is now free but I don't think they can beat Gideon's record..
Gideon's distributors should get the real figure right ..lol
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by CAPSLOCKED: 12:27am On Apr 01, 2019
Martinez39:
The distribution of such has been a disservice to this nation. Next time distribute something better.

LIKE STONES AND RUSTY NAILS.

2 Likes

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by israelmao(m): 1:28am On Apr 01, 2019
You can imagine if 74.6M Nigerians live by the word in this Bible Nigeria would have become a wonderland.
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Oritsewhandey(m): 2:50am On Apr 01, 2019
"For no one comes to GOD ALMIGHTY except through OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, AMEN.

Thank you, Gideon's International. God bless you all.
Nigeria is for Christ Jesus.
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by edwardaigb: 3:35am On Apr 01, 2019
God bless this organisation real good.
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by EnkayDezign4: 4:18am On Apr 01, 2019
kingsfire:
Imagine if these were replaced with technology and innovation.

Future impossible tense.

1 Like

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by DedeNkem: 4:58am On Apr 01, 2019
And what has it done to Nigerians? It made Nigerians more dumb!
Anyone noticed the bible in the picture doesn't contain the Old testament? Why? Because that's where most of the bad stuff about religion reside!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by 9jaRealist: 6:01am On Apr 01, 2019
kmcutez:
Please come back and take your bibles. No one in Nigeria is practicing what is written there.

grin grin grin
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by 9jaRealist: 6:03am On Apr 01, 2019
Next time, please distribute textbooks and/or scholarships instead...

2 Likes

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Olaiya26: 6:55am On Apr 01, 2019
dazzlingd:
You distributed head chains, to completely chain the heads of your black slaves

Your foolishness has brought you here again. Mofo change or else I hit you with this.

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by encryptjay(m): 7:10am On Apr 01, 2019
LadySarah:
Ride on sir. let the word reach the ends of the earth
Lovely diary ma'am.

1 Like

Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by encryptjay(m): 7:19am On Apr 01, 2019
The number should be more than this.
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by kevoh(m): 7:27am On Apr 01, 2019
kelvinovie25:
What a great way to spread the word of God, these days I hardly see people distributing Bible's, I think it's high time we go back to our roots
So distributing Bible is our roots!! grin grin
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by kevoh(m): 7:47am On Apr 01, 2019
[center][/center]
israelmao:
You can imagine if 74.6M Nigerians live by the word in this Bible Nigeria would have become a wonderland.
By wonderland you mean?
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Godspower35(m): 8:09am On Apr 01, 2019
I benefitted from them thrice,well done sir[b][/b
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by gaskiyamagana: 8:18am On Apr 01, 2019
jaymejate:
If you no collect Gideon Bible for your secondary school.
Please where did you school, absolutely not in Nigeria.

Palm wine drinker.
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by gaskiyamagana: 8:20am On Apr 01, 2019
Oritsewhandey:
"For no one comes to GOD ALMIGHTY except through OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, AMEN.

Thank you, Gideon's International. God bless you all.
Nigeria is for Christ Jesus.
By the THE ACT CRUSADERS abi?
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by gaskiyamagana: 8:21am On Apr 01, 2019
semyman:
And now we have more oloshos, criiminals and looters,
and corrupt leaders here and there.
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by Macelliot(m): 9:55am On Apr 01, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Africa was at a walking stage about to run. But when religion came in, Africa became crippled. She can't even stand on her feet.
Excuse!.
Did America take away religion?.
Take away religion from Africa, it will still remain the same...
Stop giving excuses. Only failures does.....

Continue the blame game. Qatar just commissioned world largest and most expensive museum, did they take away religion before building it.....

Use your brain, civilization lies in peoples mindset...
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by kelvinovie25(m): 10:10am On Apr 01, 2019
kevoh:

So distributing Bible is our roots!! grin grin
Dont tell me you didn't get that bible as a child, but now it's no longer common.
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by GreatResearcher: 10:16am On Apr 01, 2019
Macelliot:

Excuse!.
Did America take away religion?.
Take away religion from Africa, it will still remain the same...
Stop giving excuses. Only failures does.....

Continue the blame game. Qatar just commissioned world largest and most expensive museum, did they take away religion before building it.....

Use your brain, civilization lies in peoples mindset...
America doesnt take religion serious the way africa does. Can u count d number of churches on Nigerian streets? How many is in American streets?

How u ever heard a story that an American neglect or killed his parents because a pastor accused the parents of being a witch?

Recently a boy poisoned his dad to death because a man of god told him his dad was the root of his problems.

Do u know the havoc caused by BH in d northeast? Is BH not a product of a religion?

How can we progress when religion has disunite us?
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by farem: 10:43am On Apr 01, 2019
unclesuruoffi:
The Gideons International representative in Nigeria, Mr Mike Itegboje who spoke on Sunday on behalf of the Association of Christian business and professional people preaching and distributing Bibles worldwide, revealed that they distributed 74.6 m Bibles in Nigeria in 55 years. 

Itegboje who spoke at the Foursquare Gospel Church, Cement Zonal Headquarters in Lagos, also shared the story of an old man who traveled on foot for seven days searching for the blue book that speaks about Jesus and stressed the need to make more copies easily available.The cleric who was soliciting the church's support as he revealed that they have distributed 74.6 m Bibles in Nigeria in 55 years,  said that there were over seven billion people who needed to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ.

'We are the Gideons, what we do is that we place Bibles and God uses it to save people. In Nigeria, we have distributed 74.6 million Bibles since 1964 and 4.5 million of the figure in 2018', he said.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/31/we-distributed-74-6m-bibles-in-nigeria-in-55-years-gideons-international/

Yes I attest to that fact. Even my children received. You're Heavenly minded.
God bless you more and more in Jesus name amen
Re: We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International by banio: 11:02am On Apr 01, 2019
ovieigho:
Wow
I'm surprised the figure is not higher than that!

Sometimes I wonder who finances this free bible given to us since I was a kid

I think I got more than one when I was a kid.
Thanks to Gideon International

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Big Church Gospel Talent Show Commences Online Exhibition For Dancers, Singers / Why Did God Want A Son ? / 13 Delta State Pilgrims Abscond In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.